Chapter 1
515 22 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Great, I’m a fucking worm.

One day I died of erotic asphyxiation while dressed as wonder woman in my closet, and before I knew it, I was reborn as a worm.

Not just any worm, no, no, no!

I was reborn as a worm from Slither.io!

It was an old game I used to play on my phone.

You played as a worm and grew larger by devouring bright coloured orbs on the barren playing field, while also hunting down bigger worms for accelerated growth.

I eventually grew bored of playing and completely forgot about it.

Until now that is!

I’m currently panicking like a little bitch, screaming internally as I run (or is it slither?) around in circles trying to avoid being devoured by the swarm of worms a thousand times my size!

Shit!

Why did I have to reincarnate in the online version, that place is full of tryhards!

My currently length is around 1o,000 so you can only imagine the absolute behemoths I’m up against, they must be in the tens of millions!

Looking at the game panel displayed at the corner of my eye, I check the leaderboard and a shiver runs down my spine.

--

1# dog     9,025,813,198,364

2# brokenpp     8,963,403,146,942

3# mymumhitsme:(     7,364,019,634,745

4# JOHN CENA     5,364,472,092,112

5# Game Over     3,678,101,367,921

6# ass     1,019,974,672,531

7# I’m number #1!     910,457,231,089

8# Goku x Saitama     891,562,871,401

9# opopopo     762,438,620,182

10# Dennis Lakefield     567,917,021,438

--

…Jesus Christ.

Even the lowest ranked is in the hundreds of billions!

How long have they been playing?!

And more importantly, how do I avoid them?!

I’m not sure what’ll happen if I die, but it’s highly unlikely I’ll be lucky enough to reincarnate a second time!

A sudden desire to survive surges through my body and ignites a burning fire into my tiny little worm heart. My black-patterned body for the first time glows an ominous light as I finally decided to hunt, picking the smallest worm I could find, I chaotically steered towards its head and bashed it with the side of my body.

Its body explodes as bright coloured orbs decorate the playing field. Without hesitation, I greedily devour the orbs, as is to be expected of such a large creature, my length quickly rose to over 600,000. But such a big meal was too much for someone my size to handle, worms came swarming from all directions, greedily devouring my food in a cruel and savage manner.

They paid me little attention, in their view, I was but a grain of sand.

I was relieved.

Who knew being weak was sometimes a good thing!

With so many worms and so little orbs to feed them all, a bloodbath occurred. Worms exploded, and the ones who feasted, grew at an accelerated pace, before inevitably becoming the feast themselves.

I was surprised, as I hadn’t planned this when I initially attacked. But either way, I’ll take advantage. Waiting until the chaos had settled down, if just slightly, I began devouring what was left.

1,000,000

…10,000,000

……100,000,000

Before I knew it, I was already over 1,000,000,000. I was massive, but nowhere near qualified to enter the leaderboard. Checking my new rank, I learned I was in 451st place out of 99999999th.

If I wanted to survive, I have to grind.

Until I had no enemies left.

***

New York, on the tallest and most expensive skyscraper.

“Mr. Banks! Mr. Banks!” A male secretary came bursting through the office door of President Banks in a panic.

“What is it, Johnny? I thought I told you to knock before you enter, no matter the circumstances.” President Banks spoke, slightly annoyed.

“But it’s an emergency!”

Everything’s an emergency.”

Secretary Johnny abruptly shouted, “Someone hacked into the black server!”

“What?!” President Banks jumped from his seat, leaping towards Secretary Johnny and grabbing him by the collar as he threatened, “I swear to God, Johnny. If you’re lying to me, I'll thrown you off the building, right now! The black server is something you should never joke about!”

Pushing up his glasses, Secretary Johnny fidgetily handed President Banks a black file, President Banks aggressively snatched it out his hands as Secretary Johnny went on to explain.

“Just over an hour ago, our computers detected intelligent data being transferred into the black server’s mainframe! We’re not sure where this intelligent data came from, but we have reason to believe it’s corrupting our server!”

Flipping over the reported data, President Banks’ hands were shaking as he nervously asked, “What inner server is it currently in?”

Secretary Johnny gave a moment of silence before he hesitantly answered.

“Slither.io!”

17