Chapter 7
71 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was late at night.

All I could do was stare at the empty ceiling, listening to the sound of crickets outside my window. My heart was in a turmoil, it had been so long since I’ve felt at ease.

It was unsettling.

I didn’t trust that worm, but I had the reassurance that she was weak, that she couldn’t kill me like the rest of them.

I had so many questions that wanted to ask her.

Why am I a worm?

Is this still earth?

Does she know of slither.io?

Why can I bleed?

Does she bleed?

Why does she have a spoon?

But I kept all those questions to myself.

There was this strange intuition that once I asked, all my secrets would be known, every single one, and that frightened me.

Rolling around in bed, I looked at the moon, that familiar yellow moon I had seen all my life.

I don’t know for how long I stared at the moon before I eventually fell asleep.

**

A fist swung towards an unconscious child.

His eyes bulged open as he grabbed his stomach and wheezed.

“Thought you could pass out on me, didn’t cha, you little shit?”

“N-no…” The boy said, coughing.

“Where’s the money your dad owes me?”

“I-I don’t know…!”

“Don’t give me shit, you little shit! Of course, you know, you little shit! Don’t lie to me, you little shit!” The man said, violently shaking the boy’s shoulders.

“I really don’t know!” The boy said crying.

After beating up the boy a little more, and cutting off both his thumbs, the man was finally convinced that he genuinely didn’t know.

Grabbing his chin and scratching his beard, the man muttered, “Well, since you don’t know, there are other ways you can pay up, hehehehehe…”

Scuffling through his pockets, the man pulled out his smartphone and handed it to the child.

Still wincing over his lost thumbs, the boy barely opened his eyes to see a certain app displayed on the screen.

The man knowingly smiled as he menacingly said, “You like games, don’t cha?.”

**

I screamed.

Waking up in a puddle of sweat, I tried to calm my shaking heart. Telling myself it was just a dream, no, a nightmare.

Just as I had finally calmed down…my eyes widened in horror.

I was back in slither.io.

2