3. A traumatic experience
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Content warnings:

Spoiler

Gore, self mutilation, cannibalism (but worse)

[collapse]

Waking up, the first thing Eldry feels is pain. Not the kind of pain that occurs when she cut herself, nor the kind of pain when she put her hand in a pot of near boiling water, but the dull pain of an old injury.

The second thing she feels is disorientation, which leads to nausea. She tries to move her right arm, ignoring the pain it causes, but it feels as if it was stuck to a surface, able to move around but not lifting it up. She tries with her entire body and gets the same result, with dull feelings of weakness in some movements, though when she wakes up some more, she realizes she is already floating in a frozen world filled with trails of objects with varying weird sense of... depth?

Eldry looks around, and she notices how at some point, the trail of her house ends with the disassembly... construction...

"Alright what the fuck?" (E)

She floats around, still feeling like she is stuck to a surface, and tries to float toward the direction that the house ends, but she realizes that it is where her feeling of confinement and most of the pain is coming from.

Eldry briefly panics, but a random idea crushes it immediately. An idea from the topology videos she watched as a kid.

"Am I... four dimensional?" (E)

It doesn't help her currently jumbled mind at all. She feels panic beginning to swell up inside her, but she pushes it down and tries to logic her current situation out.

"Alright, time is frozen, I can see time and walk through it though I am apparently too weak and injured to do that right now, the skidding feeling must be from the friction of me slowing down. Why? Was I moving through time? I thought everything does? Wait, why does everything else have the time trail thing but I don't? Do I exist temporally? But I've been progressing like everything else! Or maybe my time is different from theirs? Okay that makes sense. And the fact that it makes sense doesn't make sense at all. What? Have I been born this way or-" (E)

Eldry rants on and on, gets through the 5 stages of grief, and finally, after five days or its' equivalent of her time, she finally settles on trying to move in the t axis.

"Ouch!" (E)

As her stopping wasn't exactly pleasant, her injuries are quite severe. She at least manages to "lift" her head to assess the extent of the damage, and they don't look good at all. Most of her 4d body has third degree burn, some place even fourth degree. The scene of charred flesh and some exposed white bone makes her stomach churns. If it isn't empty from the five days of no eating then she would have empty its' content on the floor, or air, as gravity of Earth doesn't seem to be able to affect anything related to her.

"I really need to eat something. Wait! No!, focus on this first! What am I gonna eat?" (E)

'Charred meat.' (E)

She has a very bad feeling of what is happening, so she puts it in one of her mental seal and pushes it to the back of her mind. But as if on cue, her empty stomach growls, and she has no other choices but to think about it.

'I can't move much anywhere, there are no one for me to ask to get anything, and nothing in reach.' (E)

She knows she has to eat.

"Ughh! Fine!" (E)

She reaches out her hand, ready to rip out a chunk, but strength drains from it as it touches a patch of burnt flesh. Without realizing, her breath hastens, and her heart changes from beating to thumping. Her arm waver, but she quickly steady it, takes in a deep breath, and dig her fingers deep into her flesh.

A muffled scream escapes her tightly closed mouth, tears stream out from her eyes, floating away as her fingers stumble around, detaching the cooked part from the healthy one. She quickly brings it to her mouth, lightly chew on it and quickly swallow to avoid the sickening feeling swelling up inside her. It tastes good, and she was disgusted at herself for feeling that way. A little heat still lingers in the piece of her own flesh as she swallows it, and it spreads in her stomach as a pleasant warmth. She feels a pressure press on all over her body and an unimaginable itchiness, specifically in the charred parts, and slowly, her muscles cover all the exposed bones at a pace visible to her, and some deep burns start bulging out. It continues for a while until the comforting warmth in her abdomen fades.

"Heh, was I cooked with some kind of magical infused flame or something?" (E)

The alternative was too much for her currently, so she doesn't even dare to think about it. She picks out another piece of roasted flesh, having an easier time from all the healing separating it from her own. Still feeling disgusted, she swallows it whole without chewing, and feels the warmth returning.

"Sigh, what's wrong with me?" (E)

1