Chapter 8.5
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 I was an abnormal little kid from an early age and whenever I got hurt, my wounds would heal immediately as if nothing really happened. My mother told me I was special and needed to keep my powers a secret and so I did.  

We were a poor family, my mother worked at a bar and I was part of the city’s mining initiative. Ever since I picked up a pickaxe I worked towards a single goal, to raise both myself and my mother out of poverty. Since the Bonnets ran the city, every day was a challenge to get by since oppression of lower class of people was high. Like how shops were less likely to sell high quality medicines to people belonging to the lower class, also the bad quality of food that was purposely sold to the people of lower class. Status was everything in any of land governed by the Bonnets.

Due to this many people died of various illness and diseases that were spread due to the lack of medicines readily available. Seeing this a huge chunk of people started to migrate to lands that were governed by different families of the FAT-8 in search of a better life.

 This led to major instability in the eastern region that the Bonnets managed. It had become so bad that the only people living in the lower area of the capital city of the land managed by bonnets were scavengers, thieves, hoodlums , gang members and addicts.

Due to the declining labour and raw materials an internal conflict among the head family arose and the foolish head whose decisions led to this very disaster was killed. The laws were amended and good quality medicines and food was now available for the lower status people.

The Bonnets certainly avoided this catastrophe but at what cost? All of the people who helped me and my mother died or moved to another area, what’s left is a city that is governed by various gang’s and high-class people.

 They extort and kill people for their interest like mere toys. Suddenly, in the city of Norfolkis the saying of “Status is everything” changed to “Rise to high class or become toys”

0