Chapter 34 ~
193 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the north blue sea, exactly in an unknown place in this sea, there was a gigantic vortex that pulled everything above the sea to its bottom.

At the bottom of that vortex, there is a very large area, and inside that space there is an island that is dominated by black color, and that island is surrounded by calm waters, and these waters separate the island from the stormy waters in the vortex.

Beneath these calm waters, there was a girl unable to move her body. She could see herself sinking down, but at the same time she couldn't do anything, that girl was Violet. Unfortunately, this girl's friend was also drowning, and it seems that she had the same problem as Violet. That means she is unable to move her body too.

This incident occurred near the land of the Black Island, and near the ship as well. On deck, Temari looked down and wondered;

"What prevents them from getting out of the water quickly?"

At first she was wondering calmly, but after seeing the bubbles rising to the surface of the water, she became nervous and felt that she had to save them.

Below the water, Flora gave up and began to close her eyes and gradually lose consciousness. While Violet was unable to accept the situation, she was trying desperately to move even one finger from her hand, but this effort was in vain so it started to turn into something very bad for Violet, which was anger!

*Puff!*

That was the sound of Temari's body crashing against the surface of the water, and she quickly opened her eyes to see what was going on, and the first thing she saw in the cold water was Violet's eyes shining purple.

At that moment, Temari's eyebrows shot up, which was caused by her sense of danger.

First Temari was planning to save Violet, then come back to save Flora. But Violet's eyes changed everything, so Temari quickly swam towards Flora and dragged her back to the island.

Temari succeeded in pulling Flora out of the water, and at that moment...

*BUFF!*

A small explosion occurred in that calm blue water. The water rose to the top by about 6 meters in height, and the circumference of this explosion was more than four meters.

The water that rose up seemed to be transparent with no color, but at the moment the water was at the top, Temari was able to see Violet's body, which was the epicenter of the explosion. Then that water fell on Flora and Temari in the form of rain, and it fell everywhere in the vicinity of that explosion. The water returned to what it was, and Violet did not come out yet, so Temari quickly headed inside that water, and the surprising thing was that the water was warm and strange, but it didn't affect Temari negatively.

Temari reached for Violet, whose eyes were moving left and right in contrast her body which was frozen from moving, and this made Temari feel strange, this was not an ordinary sight.

'If she can follow me with her eyes, then why she is unable to move her body?'

These were Temari's thoughts, and at the same time she was pulling Violet's body onto dry land.

Temari managed to get Violet out of the water, after that Violet started coughing and let out a little water from her mouth, her hair was wet and her cheeks were rosy while her purple eyes looked bigger than they are. Drops of water were falling from her clothes and hair towards the ground. But it seemed that she was fine, so Temari quickly turned her head towards Flora to check on her, and found her standing on her feet and she was walking towards them, saying;

"Temari, Violet, are you okay?"

Flora was in the same situation Temari and Violet were in, wet hair and wet clothes.

But Temari raised her voice saying;

"What does this mean, Flora! If you could move, why did I have to save you?"

This was not an appropriate answer to Flora's question, and Temari usually did not raise her voice in her speech, but what happened this time was something she could not accept.

Violet caught her breath and said sporadically;

"Don't get angry, there must be a proper explanation."

Flora reached them and she put her ass on the floor and sighed, saying;

"I owe my life to you, Temari. I really thought I was going to die."

Temari looked at Flora and said;

"That's not what I want to hear, I just want to know what happened to you two."

"What I'm about to say may sound fancy, but it's true," Flora said as she looked at Temari, then she turned her head towards Violet and added; "are you okay now?"

Violet replied as her body regained its normal strength;

"Ah! I'm fine, more importantly, if you know the reason why I've became that weak underwater, I want you to tell me."

Flora raised her head up, to saw the length of the giant whirlpool, and heard the sounds of the water swirling in the whirlpool. It was kind of a sweet sound, as if the water was playing its own soft melodies. The light blue color of the sky could be seen, but it seemed somewhat farther than usual.

Then Flora turned her gaze at Temari and Violet, and began her explanation, which she inferred from her years on the pirate ship;

"In this world there are two types of superpowers. The first one is called the 'Devil Fruit' power, and the second one I know nothing about. The pirates were talking about it vaguely, none of them reached the truth about that power. The captain wanted to bring that power under his control, But all the years he had spent searching were useless, for he could not find the right person to explain and teach this power to him. and since I know nothing about that power, I'm going to talk to you about Devil Fruits."

For support & advanced chapters:

My patreon

10