Chapter 37
214 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bolt of lightning that shot out from Violet's hand made the men unable to think of attacking her. And the first man who met Violet tells the leader that he can prove that Violet is not a pirate. The leader's response was as follows;

"Are you saying you can prove that these girls aren't pirates? I don't understand why you're defending them. Open your eyes, Tonokie! and look at their ship's logo! Does that crest look like a Marine's? No! So that means they're pirates!"

Violet stood up and started groping her wet clothes, saying;

"Being in these clothes for a longer period of time will make me catch a fever, the same goes for Flora and Temari. We need to change our clothes."

She was talking with herself, then she started walking slowly towards the leader, and added;

"You should have listened to us first, we are not pirates, now can you stay away from these two girls, they are my friends."

The leader answered her angry and disbelieving her words;

"You don't expect me to believe you, right? Give me proof that makes me believe you're not a pirate."

At that time Violet was walking towards the leader, instead of thinking of proof to clear herself, she was thinking of saving Temari and Flora by force. But the man named Tonokie said from behind;

"I think we all now know how dangerous that girl is, right guys?" He nodded his head left and right to hear the voices of the men agreeing with his words. Then he added: "If there is a pirate this powerful, then why is there no bounty on her head?"

His last question was enough to convince all the men in the place, even the leader became hesitant as he looked at Violet who was walking towards him and said;

"If you are not pirates… then who are you?"

Violet answered confidently and calmly;

"We are, pirate hunters!"

The place was quiet for a while, then signs of shock appeared on everyone's faces in the place, and the sound of chatter spread.

Then the leader said calmly;

"Are you saying that you set up a crew to hunt pirates?"

Violet answered him as she had already begun to unravel the ropes placed on Flora and Temari, saying;

"Yes, is there a problem with that?"

The men began to protest and speak all at once, and their words were directed at Violet.

Summary of what the guys said is that creating a crew to hunt pirates means making all the pirates of the world their enemy. Also, the Marine won't give them a hand, all the Marine will do is give money after every mission Violet succeeds in. Which means if the pirates try to unite and destroy Violet, the Marine won't stop them. And if some news reaches the Marine that Violet has killed innocent people or anything else illegal, she will be considered a criminal like a pirate.

The men warned her of many other things, but she remained calm and when she had finished untangling Flora and Temari she said;

"Thanks for the advice, but I've already decided what I'm going to do. Basically, I didn't come to this island to cause you this mess, all we wanted were some 'wanted posters'. We plan to start our work right after we get off this island."

It د's strange that the people who were trying to arrest them are now giving them advice.

The Leader ordered his men to remove the iron nets from the ship, and immediately after this Violet and the girls went to change their wet clothes.

Meanwhile, the leader went to the man named Tonokie and said to him;

"I am afraid I have made a grave mistake, but as the leader of this island, it is my duty to protect the people as if they were my own children."

Tonokie smiled and said;

"Don't worry, boss! you didn't do anything wrong. Anyone in this world would have thought they were pirates, even me at first."

The leader looked seriously at Tonokie and said;

"What happened at that moment made me very hesitant. That girl possesses tremendous strength, I am sure her name will be heard all over the world. But man, to make all pirates your enemies, that is insane! The right thing for us to do is trying to persuade her to back out of this idea…" The Leader was silent for a while and then added hesitantly and defiantly; "But! This world needs another force! What if it was fate... What if that little girl was able to end this era of chaos. I feel ashamed that I want to put this burden on her shoulders, but she clearly has the strength to make my dream come true, unlike me!"

And at that time, inside the ship;

"Violet, You saved me again, I don't know how I'm going to pay you back." Flora said.

The girls were changing their clothes in one of the rooms of the ship, and Flora expressed her gratitude to Violet, then she replied;

"No need to thank me, we are comrades now, and this would not have happened if we had used a white flag, so it is my duty to protect you both."

Timari said as she was drying her hair;

"But that purple lightning is extremely beautiful, and dangerous at the same time. I always wonder, are there people as strong or stronger in this world as you?"

Violet smiled and said;

"I don't know why, but I feel that there is something else hidden in this power, I feel like I'm using it in the wrong way. Do I deserve this power or not, that's a question I can't know the answer to, but I will make sure to use this power in things that will bring safety to this world."

Immediately after these words, one of the men knocked on the door of that room and said;

"To Miss Violet and her friends, the Leader has sent me to bring you to him. He want to apologizes to you in a proper way. Also, he wants to ask Miss Violet a favor, so could you come with me to our little town!"

8