Chapter 2: the eggs hatched.
38 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One and a half years later. 

'ugh, I'm so bored' said Midnight as she stretched out her body. Taking a look at the bright blue eggs, Midnight covered them with straw before heading to the lake. 

At the lake, Midnight spotted Zoey, a demon cat lazing on one of the warm rocks sticking out over the lake. 'You seem to be enjoying the sun Zoey' Midnight said before taking a drink from the lake. Surprised, Zoey jumped and almost fell into the dark blue water below her. 'Midnight how many times did I tell you not to sneak up on me' she said pointing a paw at Midnight. 'Sorry Ms. Zoey for scaring you ' Midnight said before hiding a chuckle. Zoey looked at Midnight as she continued drinking water. 'Midnight' She asked. 'hum'. Replied Midnight. 'are you pregnant or something, the animals, demons, and even myself haven't been seeing you lately' Zoey continued. Midnight started choking on her water and coughed out the water before answering. 'Where in the world did you come to that conclusion' she said, while wiping the water on her face. Zoey shrugged her shoulders and hopped off the rock she was on. ' well from what I've seen , you don't usually hibernate and you always take your afternoon bath' Zoey answered. When Midnight was about to reply, the smell of demons caught her attention. 'A demon is heading towards my home' Midnight thought, turning to Zoey she said goodbye before racing back home

  When Midnight arrived, she saw a black rhino with spikes along it's back, trying to get into her cave. 'It was a good thing I decided to activate the protection magic' she thought. Seeing that the rhino didn't notice her, Midnight snuck as quietly and closer as she could towards the rhino. But just when she was about to pounce, the rhino turned around and attacked her! Since the movement was so quick, Midnight couldn't avoid the rhino and was stabbed in the chest by it's horn. 'ow' she hissed as she felt her lung being punctured. Seeing that Midnight was weaken, the rhino backed up to charge again. 'Oh no you don't' Midnight said under her breath. Using all the power she could muster, Midnight took a deep breath and blew a huge ball of fire at the rhino. 'is it gone' she thought. 

  Moving her injured body, Midnight looked around before entering her cave. ' I wonder what why that rhino was trying to kill me' she thought. After grabbing some food, and treating her wounds, Midnight laid back down on the eggs and fell asleep.                              'mommy, mommy'. Midnight groaned and slowly opened her eyes to see a small dark gray dragon looking at her. 'mommy' it said before hugging Midnight's face. Surprised, Midnight pulled the dragon off her face, but when she set it down, the dragon hugged her leg. ' Where in the world did this dragon come from' Midnight thought, then as if to answer her question, she looked down to see broken egg shells on the floor. 'The eggs hatched already!' Midnight said. Lifting her leg with the baby dragon hanging on, Midnight took a closer look at it. ' I've should've known you were a female and look at those dark gray scales, they almost look like mine ' she said to the dragon. Not understanding, the dragon just continued to hold onto Midnight. ' Where is your other sibling little one' Midnight asked.  

  As if she understood, the baby dragon got off Midnight's leg and tried to get on her back. 'Is your sibling on my back' Midnight said. Turning her head around, she saw a bright orangish dragon with red markings looking at her quietly. ' Well hello there' she said, the quiet dragon didn't say anything but got up and hugged Midnight's neck. ' Both of you seem to be very touchy' Midnight said smiling. Using her magic, she lifted up both the baby dragons and set them in front of her.    ' I don't know about taking care of baby dragons, but I do know I should give you two names' Midnight told them. 'hum what's a good and suitable name for these baby dragons' she thought. Looking at the dragon's appearance Midnight knew what to call them. ' I'll named you Night, after me' she said pointing at the gray one 'and you Autumn'. She continued, pointing to the other one. Liking her name, Night ran over to Midnight again and rubbed her leg, while Autumn just looked at Midnight. 

 Afterwards, Midnight cleaned up the broken egg shells and made up her nest. 'Come on little dragons, I'm taking you to get a bath before I decide what to do with you'. She said. Picking up the dragons Midnight placed them on her back and secured them with magic before taking off to a spring 

  When Midnight arrived, the dragons jumped off her back and curiously looked at the water flowing off a large cliff and into a shallow lake. 'Do you want to play in the water' Midnight asked. Night who seemed curious about the water, started walking to the spring and dipped one of her front legs into it's crystal clear waters. Midnight and and Autumn watched as Night became bolder and put her whole body in the water. Seeing that the water didn't do anything, Night began splashing and playing with it. ' It's seems you took a liking to the water' Midnight said. Soon Autumn grow curious and before long, the siblings were playing in the water while Midnight watched. 

3