Wait a Minute, Is This a Start to a Harem?
604 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<<I doubt you'll become the main character of this world. You know plot doesn't revolve around you, it's in the control of the World Creators, and they can control the narrative of this world in any way they please.>>

I crossed my arms and scoffed at his comment.

"I guess you never heard of plot armor before."

<<...Sigh... where are you going with this?>>

"Jokes aside, I've always lived a boring life and wanted to be a NEET. I was tired of everything and just wanted to be lazy and not work. Instead, I wanted to read mangas and watch anime all my life. I realized that it's boring and it'll get me nowhere but in a deeper hole." 

Clenching my fists, I looked at the barrier in front of me.

"If what you said is true, and that only people with an SS Rank skill can hear you, then I'm certainly prone to believe that my copy system is equal to an SS Rank! There's no doubt about it."

Why wouldn't it be? There's no coincidence here, or mistake. My copy system must've been something that was given to me and no one else.

"I'm gonna smash through the Holy Barrier and escape with me and Sakura."

<<You are a delusional child if you believe you can smash through an B Ranked barrier with F Rank strength.>>

…He was right in those regards, I did sound somewhat delusional. But despite that, there was still a chance that my skill was unbeatable… therefore I have no choice but to test it myself.

“Then I guess we’ll both see who’s really delusional!”

I ran towards the barrier in front of me at full speed, cocking my fist back behind me.

“COPY SYSTEM!”

Yelling out my skills name, the barrier suddenly vanished, and the wolf in front of me would charge with its jaws open, preparing to eat me.

“…What the?”

However it suddenly stopped, and I was floating in midair. Around me time had completely stopped… what was going on?

“Time… froze?”

I activated my World Hologram again to see my information this time around.

[Status]

[Habiki Yorgana]

[Strength: F]

[Intelligence: D]

[Speed: D]

[Skill(s): Copy System, Holy Barrier]

“I copied Holy Barrier? Wait… I get it. My copy system stops time for anyone I’m fighting so I can choose an ability I copied, and attack them with it before they can notice.”

I select Holy Barrier in my hologram and extend my palm forward in the stopped time.

“Holy Barrier!”

The wolf was surrounded by the holy barrier, preventing it from escaping, and time unfroze.

“Woah!”

I landed down on my face and slowly stood back up, hearing the sound of another ancient wolf next to me growling.

“Crap, I forgot about the other one!”

The first wolf I trapped in the holy barrier was trying to break out, but luckily it was weaker than B Rank magic.

I slowly backed away from the other wolf as it walked menacingly towards me.

“…Why isn’t time stopping? I have no idea how my ability works! Time stop! Time stop! Do something… um… THE WORLD!”

I extended my hands up above my head, shouting to heavens… and imagining time stopping for me, but it didn’t work at all.

“SHIT!“

I had no choice but to stand my ground. Sakura was no longer safe since the holy barrier around the bus was gone. If I die, then she dies as well. I can’t let that happen.

“Fine then… bring it on!”

As if the wolf understood me, the large creature leapt towards me with its large jaws opening.

“…HAAAA!!!”

All the sudden I done the same, surprising myself from how strong I randomly gotten.

“What the?”

Slamming my fist right into the wolfs cheek, I punched it to the side of me with brutal force, knocking it unconscious.

“W-W-WHAT JUST HAPPENED?”

I landed back on my feet and looked at my fist which was sizzling from friction.

“Did I just copy its strength?”

I pull up my world hologram again, and to my surprise… my stats increased drastically.

[Status: Ancient Wolf Copy]

[Habiki Yorgana]

[Strength: C]

[Intelligence: C]

[Speed: C]

[Skill(s) via Wolf Copy: Alpha, Shoutwave, Adaptation]

“…Huh? What do these skills do?”

I clicked on my set of skills gained from my Ancient Wolf Copy, allowing me to see their description.

[Alpha Description: Alpha is a C ranked skill that only leader Ancient Wolves have, that allows them to tame any animal on their same rank or lower]

[Shoutwave Description: Shoutwave allows Ancient Wolves to release an powerful shout that can pierce through defenses and nullify poison, or harmful gases]

[Adaptation Description: Adaptation allows Ancient Wolves to adapt to any environment they found themselves in, including poisonous regions, fiery regions, ice regions, etc]

My eyes widened when reading these skill descriptions. I couldn’t believe I obtained something like this so early… it was unbelievable.

The wolf I knocked out was slowly getting back up again, it sounded like it was in pain until it’s growling started back once more.

“…There’s no reason for me to be scared anymore, I copied its skills didn’t I?”

I turn to face the wolf, holding out my hand.

“Alpha!”

I used the alpha skill which suddenly paralyzed the wolf, forcing them to obey me. It would lay down in its doggy position, wagging its tail as it panted in front of me.

“…To be honest I wasn’t expecting that to work on someone else who has the alpha skill as well. I assume that whatever I copy from my enemies, mine will be stronger when compared to theirs.”

I walked up to the Ancient Wolf and would start to pat its nose as it wagged its tail from behind. It was so cute! I couldn’t help but rub its nostril, and then put my cheek up against its face.

“You’re so adorable! I always wanted a pet, but the apartment I stayed in never allowed them! This is like a dream come true…~”

This was heaven… their fluffy fur… and loyal attitude already. I was living like a king!

“I’m gonna name you Garmr!”

POOF

What the hell just happened? I heard a loud poof and all the sudden I fell forward as if the Ancient wolf had disappeared right before my eyes. I was worried… did I just kill it or something?

I fell to my side and hit my head, rubbing it in pain.

“Garmr, No!”

How was I gonna be the alpha if I ended up killing my own kind? How unforgivable! I’ll never forgive myself ever for this.

“…Garmr… I’m sorry… I was a bad master! I don’t deserve to have this alpha skill. May you rest well in whatever afterlife there is out there.” 

I looked down in defeat as I laid on my side, finally returning to my feet with an weary expression.

“…Not even five minutes and I killed my pet… how cruel…”

I suddenly heard panting behind me which made my eyes widen in surprise. Was that Garmr? Slowly turning around, I was met with-

“Eh?”

A woman with dog ears, white hair, silver eyes with slits in the middle, and LARGE breasts on her body! She was naked, however she covered her boobs for obvious reasons.

“G-Garmr??!”

Oh god… was this Garmr? Was I daydreaming right now?

“Master… you named me…”

“Wait, does naming animals turn them into beautiful woman with a build like yours?”

“No master, it-“

“YOU WILL BE NAMED FENRIR!”

I pointed at the other ancient wolf inside the holy barrier, prepared to turn them into another woman… but nothing happened.

“Oh… what were you gonna say?”

…I swear I’m not this downbad, I only wanted to test it for myself to see if my theory was correct. 

“…Master Habiki, only those you tame with the Alpha skill turns into your loyal servant for the rest of your life. It can work by also creating a bond with an animal as well.” 

“…Oh… I…see.”

Well that makes sense. It was like that slime anime I watched, but much different; only animals can evolve and turn into servants if you made a bond with them. But for me, I forced Garmr into a bond with me, using the alpha skill, so now she turned into this beautiful woman.

“…Uhhh is there anyway you can turn back?”

“Yes master, I can turn back anytime you wish.”

Shit, my heart was accelerating. I couldn’t stop looking at her breasts… they were too big for any woman! Was this a test for my journey as the main character?! Taking a deep breath, I would glance over to the bus.

“I gotta get Sakura, hold on-“

But to my surprise, that large troll was seen crouching down and peeking inside the bus with its ugly appearance. It was staring at Sakura.

“Sakura!!!”

I quickly ran towards the bus and Garmr followed me, however she moved much faster than I expected… accelerating herself at the troll before jumping into the air at it.

“What the?”

Her speed shocked me. She reached the troll at speeds I couldn’t perceive, slashing its head with her claws that created large gusts of winds in the shape of clawmarks.

“Incredible…”

The troll stood back up and roared in pain. It’s scream shook our area and I covered my ears… seeing it run away in terror, but Garmr chased after it.

“I-I guess that’s settled. But should I stop Garmr?”

I scratched my cheek not knowing what to do… but I assumed Garmr could find her way back until the troll was finished. Sighing to myself, I walked toward the bus and made my way inside, seeing Sakura still knocked unconscious.

“Let’s get somewhere safe Sakura… today has been crazy… but then again… I’m already enjoying this Isekai’d life.”

20