Is it Gonna Be Dollars, Or Gold?
378 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I spent hours and hours searching, and I couldn't find anything on Mr. Hidachi's whereabouts. I searched the city of Leegran with Garmr, and even with her incredible senses, she couldn't spot him.

"...Hmmm, maybe it has something to do with a skill he has?" 

I wondered...

"Garmr, do you remember anything when you were an Ancient Wolf? Anything might help, I just need you to think."

Garmr was busy looking around at people, sniffing as she could smell meat nearby. She must've been hungry... she was a wolf after all, so I guess it kinda made sense.

"Do I remember anything? Not in particularly master Habiki..."

She wasn't even paying attention to me right now. She was way too busy sniffing for the meat nearby on a grill. Feeding her was my only option here.

"Hey, let's eat first before we start looking for clues, that fine with you?"

"YES MASTER! I WANT FOOD! MEAT!"

Yep, I was right, she was hungry.

A nervous sweat trailed down my cheek and I rubbed the back of my head, still carrying Sakura's body on my shoulder.

"Well, let's get some food. But we may wanna wake Sakura up and explain everything to her... so it doesn't look like we're kidnapping."

"I understand. Please, allow me to awaken her!"

Oh? I wonder if she had a skill for that.

"Sure. Go ahead, I don't mind at all-"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

She suddenly yelled at the top of her lungs and shattered the nearby windows around us. My eyes widened and I tried closing my ears but that failed horribly! Everyone around us were covering their ears as some crouched from the pain.

"Garmr... hold on a second! Chill out!"

I reached my hand forward after taking it off my ear, placing it against her mouth to shut her up.

"...Aghh!! My head..."

Everyone around us looked at Garmr... but then started to laugh.

"...Ehhhhh?"

I was so confused right now. I expected some type of trouble, what was up with these people?

"Oh..."

And then I noticed.

"So that's it."

Around us were only the humans covering their ears, and the Advanced Beasts were the ones laughing, as if it didn't effect them whatsoever.

"...Garmr used her Shoutwave skill, it must have no effect on other Advanced Beasts. I'll keep that in mind."

Releasing a sigh of relief, I'm glad no one was really throwing an temper tantrum. If that happened then I would definitely get a bad reputation.

On my shoulders I could feel a movement… and I instantly noticed it was Sakura. Was she finally awake?

"…I felt some weird vibration in my body… Oh no! Habiki! I need to get him free-! Huh?"

Sakura realized she wasn't in the bus anymore as she looked around her in confusion. She scratched her head… staring at a few Advanced Beasts who stared right back at her.

"Ummmm… am I dead?"

"Morning Sakura."

I was glad to see her awake.

"No way… I'm really dead! Me and Habiki died together in the bus… I even hear his voice speaking to me. I'm sorry Habiki! I am so sorry! I could've saved us but I was such a useless friend, and now we're in furry heaven with one another!"

"…Furry Heaven?"

I asked while weirded out.

"Huh?"

Sakura finally turned around to notice me facing her as she laid on my shoulders.

"…Habiki…?"

"What's furry heaven? Is that some thing furries really believe in?"

"HABIKI!"

She leapt down off my shoulders and hugged me tight around the waist.

"I thought we were dead! I'm so happy… so, so happy to see you again!"

"Who are you to hug on master Habiki like that?"

…Wait, huh? That was Garmr's voice, right?

"Who the?"

Sakura turned around to notice an beautiful woman with dog ears, and a frowning expression. Her white hair was flowing around her head… as if she emitted some aura from her body, but nah, it was just anger.

ANGER FROM JEALOUSY!

"Hey… wait a minute Garmr, Sakura is a friend of mine, nothing more! Don't get any wrong idea. Not like it matters to what she is… but still!"

Garmr crossed her arms under her large breasts and risen her eyebrow.

"Hmph. I understand master Habiki, but is this wench gonna keep us from eating delicious meat?"

"Of course she won't- wait, wench?"

Ah shit.

Sakura balled up her fist as one of her eyebrows twitched.

"Habiki… what the hell is going on right now?"

"It's a long story…"

Garmr walked closer to Sakura, towering over her. Sakura was 5'5 and Garmr was 5'8. It was obvious to who was taller.

"I will not allow you to distract me and master from eating meat. It is the most important part of the day for us Ancient Wolves, and we adore it!"

Sakura walked closer to Garmr, looking up into her eyes.

"Oh is that so? I feel like this is some excuse just to start some problems with me. What? Are you jealous? Jealous that I know Habiki more than you?"

Garmr's ears wiggled.

"You know master more than me?"

"Of course I do. What is his favorite manga? What's his favorite food? Oh, what about his favorite anime too?"

Garmr looked up in confusion… placing her finger against her chin.

"I have no idea what those concepts are. But I understand food."

Give me a break…

"Habiki, who is this woman and why is she calling you master?! Explain to me now, before we really have some problems!!!"

I look to the side noticing an restaurant. Maybe settling things in there would be beneficial. It'll calm Garmr's nerves from eating, and it'll also be best for me and Sakura to get something to eat as well. 

"Let's all go get something to eat first. I'll explain things in there Sakura… is that okay?"

Sakura crossed her arms.

"Hmph. Fine! It better be detailed from the start too!"

Garmr was still looking up into the sky, wondering…

"Anime? Manga? I must find out what those things are, to understand more about master."

Sakura really started something alright. Anyways, we all walked into the restaurant next to us. The name was pretty catchy, it was named Grillby's. Simple and rolls off the tongue.

We all sat down at a table we could find empty, looking at the menus, and what they had to offer.

"…I have no idea what any of this stuff means."

Sakura said as she read the menu. Well she was right, I didn't understand anything either…

"Wait… they have Pickled Eggs?"

I noticed the pickled eggs in the appetizer section, and my eyes lit up in excitement. I couldn't help but drool… this was a delicate snack my mom always use to give me. Why would I miss the chance to take it now?

"I'll be getting an entire plate of pickled eggs, and nothing else!"

Sakura looked over at me with an nervous laughter.

"Hahaha… pickled eggs huh? You always use to eat those at lunch. Does Grimhild still make them?"

Grimhild was my mother.

"Yeah, she sure does! Each time she makes them, they get better and better."

Unlike my father Jean, he was still learning how to get the secret recipe down from my mom.

I moved out from their house long ago and bought my own apartment when I was in my other world. I missed them… and I wish I can call them sometimes.

"…Nnnnn"

I heard Garmr make some irritated noise. Oh… that's right. Garmr was sitting in front of me, while Sakura was sitting next to me. This must've irritated Garmr a lot.

"…Soooo, how about you Garmr? What do you want to eat?"

"Meat! Any kinds of meat will work master, do you love meat as much as I do???"

…I scratched my cheek, hearing how loud her voice had gotten. I mean, it was better to see her smiling when she talks about the things she love.

"Well, I like certain kinds of meat really."

"That's my master! I am glad to be your servant till the end! Master and I love the same kind of food."

Garmr said that last sentence as she faced Sakura, like she's accomplished something. But who didn't like meat? Unless you were vegan.

"I have a question."

Sakura said. Me and Garmr both glanced at her, raising our brows.

"What is it?"

I asked.

"Do we even know the currency of this world? Is it dollars? Gold? What is it?"

….

"Uhhhhhhhhh-"

How the hell could I forget something so important!? I didn't even know the currency here. I had no money, we were poor! Damnit… what could I do now? 

"Welllll-"

I had to find a way to get cash somehow, or whatever you call it here.

"Not really…"

I answered which made Garmr's ears fall down in sadness.

"Master… does that mean we cannot feast?"

"No no no! Hold on a second, I know there's a way to make money somehow. Let me just think…"

I placed my hand underneath my chin and tapped on the table a few times.

…Man, this is gonna be tough.

15