Something Fishy is Going on Right Now.
348 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HABIKI YORGANA’S DESIGN

Habiki Yorgana’s Design

SAKURA KIMURA’S DESIGN

Sakura Kimura’s Design

GARMR’S DESIGN

Garmr’s Design

I assume there's jobs I can apply for to make cash for the future, but then again... what is Sakura and Garmr gonna stay? I don't mind sleeping on the streets but they're females.

Man this sucks. I have to take care of two people... not to mention one of them is some wild beast who's hungry. 

I glance over at Sakura who was just staring me dead in the face, causing me to nervously laugh. Yikes- did I make her mad or something?

"Habiki."

She called out my name in such a subtle and calm voice. This was horror for me right now. I hated getting on her bad side.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Do you know of the Vanquishers?"

Wait huh?

"Vanquishers? No. What's that suppose to mean?"

Sakura facepalmed herself which made me flinch for a moment-

"...I'm such an idiot. I forgot you were asleep when those three men came to talk to us."

Wait what three men? Did I really sleep through all of that-? Of course I did. I forgot how much of an heavy sleeper I was.

"I have no clue what you're talking about Sakura."

Sakura stood up in her seat and pulled on my ear, forcing me to my feet as well. Garmr was confused but she done the same... standing up and tilting her head to the side.

"We're going to Leegran's royal castle!"

"Huh?"

What did she mean we're going to their castle? For what purpose? My expression of course was confused... I didn't know what she had planned for us.

"When you were asleep through all that racket on the bus, the three cloaked men said that we are Vanquishers summoned here in this world. Our purpose is to eliminate a mysterious evil that returns every 5,000 years. I'm sure we are suppose to get our own house or somewhere to stay. I mean... why wouldn't we? They forcibly summoned us here."

Vanquishers huh? So this is like an Isekai'd story where the main character is normally suppose to defeat some big bad guy like the demon king or something. I guess this makes more sense now.

I tugged away from her grip with an large smile on my face.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's make our way to the castle!"

Garmr's ears wiggled and her energy matched mine. If I was happy then she was happy...

"Right behind you master Habiki! Let us make our way to the castle!"

Alright it's settled. Let's go get our paycheck for being these so called Vanquishers.

I was the first to jog out the door as the two of them followed behind me.

"Hey wait up Habiki!"

I heard Sakura call for my name. I almost forgot I had the Ancient Wolf Copy System active which enhanced my physical abilities drastically. I deactivated it so she could catch up.

"Oh, sorry Sakura-"

***

Sitting in his king sized bed was Hidachi, also known as Kuro Hidachi. A manipulator and a traitor to everyone.

"I have to say, god blessed me greatly with this life. I was tired of my old one... living as a teacher, coming home to my nagging wife to hear how she slept in bed with another man, because I was an worthless loser." 

He clenched his fist in anger.

"That life is behind me now. Kyeheheh... I obtained something greater than before! I am now a king! They worship me, and show greater respect to me than any of the other students in my class! They may be the Vanquishers, but I am the one who wields the copy system!"

He leaned his head back and released an a exaggerated sigh of relief. Two cat ladies were next to him, cuddling up against his body, naked and lustful for their masters body.

"Master, shall we begin round two~?"

One of the dark haired cat woman whispered into his ear, slowly drifting their feminine hand up his chest.

"Cmon master... we want it again... give it to us~"

The other blonde cat woman next to him was feeling the same way, causing Hidachi to snicker.

"Get to work ladies. If I feel any teeth then you're out for the rest of the night!"

The door to his room suddenly slammed open, showing a figure dressed in all black, with an mask around their face. Cat ears were also shown on their head, revealing that they belonged to Mr. Hidachi as well.

"Lord Hidachi, there has been some trouble."

Hidachi jumped from the sudden intrusion, causing the advanced beasts next to him to do the same.

"Didn't I tell you dumbasses to knock when you come in-? Huh? Some trouble? Speak to me, what's going on Luna?"

Hidachi got out of the bed and pulled his pants up, buckling his belt as he threw on his red royal cape next to him.

"You told us to tell you if there were any survivors from the bus... and now we have two of them currently approaching the castle. We scanned their information, one has a luck skill... while the other has...-"

Hidachi risen his eyebrow curiously.

"What is it? Tell me."

"They have... the copy system sir..."

Hidachi widened his eyes and quickly ran out of the room, pushing Luna to the side... however Luna soon followed behind him after.

"Damnit, Damnit Damnit Damnit... DAMNIT!!!"

Hidachi ran downstairs in the castle, quickly trying to make his way to the exit of the castle so he could stop them from entering.

"How far away are they right now, Luna?!!"

"Not that far sir. In about ten seconds or more they should be inside."

Hidachi fell down the stairs in a panic, feeling his body roll and tumble.

"Gaaah! Damnit, save me Luna!"

His body fell to the last step... feeling as if he was hit by a truck.

"...Luna... stop them... make sure they don't enter the castle!"

Luna nodded their head and stepped on his gut accidentally, proceeding to run to the castle exit.

"Guoh-! Damn you..."

***

Me, Sakura and Garmr finally made it to the entrance of the castle. It was guarded by two officers in the city, but what do you expect for some royal place like this?

"Greetings. My name is Habiki Yorgana, and this is Sakura-"

Sakura suddenly slapped my arm.

"I can introduce myself! Hello, my name is Sakura Kimura! Me and Habiki are Vanqui-"

Sakura was suddenly cut off as the doors to the castle slammed open, knocking the two officers off the bridge into the water next to us.

"Ehhhh?"

What the hell was going on? 

"You three... be quiet."

"...?"

I raised my eyebrow and glanced at Sakura... confused.

"...Sakura, is there something you’re not telling me? Did you do something when I was asleep on the bus?"

Sakura's frowned as she looked at me.

"Did I do something!? Does it look like I can do harm with a luck skill?"

Well... she does got a point. Maybe Garmr wasn't allowed here?

I look at Garmr who was growling at the cat lady in front of us.

I guess Garmr not being allowed made sense. She was like an wild dog being invited in some rich and royal place, only to tear it to shreds and treat it like the outside.

I sighed.

"Alright... I get what's going on. Garmr isn't allowed is she? Well if that's the case, I won't walk in unless she is allowed to come with me!"

Luna widened her eyes. 

"...You mean that?"

"Yeah I do! Garmr is my friend, I'm not going anywhere unless she comes with me. If you royals are so prideful to not let an Ancient Wolf walk in, then I see no point in being here."

This Luna person stuttered in her voice. For some reason she didn't know what to say. Did I shock her or something?

"I...um... if that's the case... then... see you sir."

She wasted no time shutting the doors in front of us, causing me to extend my hand to stop it.

"Hey wait a second!!!"

She didn't even hear me out.

"Good job Habiki, you costed us our ticket inside, over some stupid mutt."

I looked down, rubbing the back of my head in embarrassment.

"...Yeah... sorry... but I meant what I said. I thought it'll at least change their mind or something? Guess those tricks in anime doesn't work after all."

I noticed Garmr looking down at me once I glanced over at her. I was 5'7 and she was 5'8... so what if I was a little shorter? But what was up with her flustered expression? 

"...Master... do you care that much about me? You wish to not leave me?"

What kinda question was that?

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I care about you? I named you and now you're... my friend?"

"...I'm masters friend...?"

Garmr looked down in thought. I was worried she would do something. Her flustered expression became a thoughtful one in the snap of a finger.

{Advanced Beast Garmr. Intelligence: C Rank. Agree to evolve intelligence? [Yes] [No]}

What the hell was that voice in my head? 

All the sudden I could see an Hologram appear in front of my face… it was asking if I wanted to evolve Garmr’s intelligence? This was so random.

“—Ummm… yes?”

I clicked on the yes option, and suddenly Garmr would emit a bright blue light from her body.

{Affirmative. Garmr’s evolution of intelligence will be brought to Rank B.}

“Wait… her intelligence is evolving? How is that possible?”

{…Pardon? Can you hear my voice?}

“Uhhh, of course I can? Aren’t you the one who asked me if I wanted to evolve her intelligence?”

Sakura looked at me weirdly.

“Who are you talking to Habiki?

I looked at Sakura confused.

“You don’t hear that voice Sakura?”

“…No?”

What the hell was going on?

“Hey, who are you taking to me right now? You’re the second person who’s acting surprise about the fact that I can hear you.”

{I am the Heart of the World. My name is Weisheen, I exist in the Zero dimension which lies in the center of our world. All skills originates from me.}

“Wait so you’re like… god?”

{Some may call me that. You must be the one who wields the copy system, I assume?}

“Yeah… I do. Does it have something to do with being able to hear your voice?”

{I cannot give you any information Copy System Wielder. Your journey is in the hands of the higher ups. They will create your path and you will follow it}

“The higher ups? Who are they?”

I got no reply.

“Hey!”

Damnit they left. 

I balled up my fist as I looked down… not knowing what to think here. This was all confusing. 

Though when I looked up, I could see the bright light from Garmr fade away. Was her evolution done?

“Garmr… are you alright?”

Sakura suddenly tugged on my sleeve.

“Hey, who were you talking too?”

I looked at Sakura and glanced to the side, avoiding eye contact.

“I’ll talk about that later…”

“Master… the one inside this castle, their name is Luna. She is hiding something from you.”

Woah… Garmr’s voice sounded deeper for some reason. 

“Huh?”

I looked at Garmr who had a grin creep on her face.

“She’s up to something… I could tell from her body language. We must infiltrate the castle.”

She was smarter too? I couldn’t tell what was going on… but for some reason Garmr could. Oh that’s right, her evolution of intelligence must’ve been the reason why.

I assume when Advanced Beasts feel certain emotions, certain stats about them evolve. That must be what happened to Garmr then.

It would be foolish of me to not listen to her words when her intelligence was much higher than mine. So I nodded.

“I’m not gonna doubt you one second Garmr. Let’s knock one more time and try to get inside, but if that fails then we’ll sneak in-“

Garmr suddenly kicked the castle entrance in front of us, sending the wooden door flying across the room inside.

“…GARMR, HEY!”

She would get on all fours before running inside, laughing.

“Hahaahahah! I’ll make you pay worthless cat! For tricking my master!”

12