49- Let’s have a feast!
2.4k 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Crunch crunch crunch. . ."

It is 8:00 pm currently.
And the location I'm at right now is the dining room in Sarah-chan's house.
The room isn't very big but the room is dimly lit by magic lanterns hanging from the ceiling giving the place a calm and sophisticated vibe.
The table and chairs were unadorned and simple.
Since dust hides so well in crevices you'd think there would be some here but everything was spick and span.
Some flowers were arranged by the window making the dining room vibrant.
An element that was completely gone from Master's home.
Should I have put flowers near my bed?

A Baron is a rank of Nobility, right?
Since that is the case, you would definitely be expecting something gorgeous and rich.
But when I was introduced to Sarah-chan's residence, all that appeared was just a two-story building.
Despite this house's simplicity, it was still a step above the rest because the village in the surrounding land all had one-story dwellings.
Compared to a commoner's house, this one definitely has more rooms.

"Gulp gulp, munch munch munch. . . "

What I'm eating now was a feast prepared by the Baron's chefs as a reward for saving Sarah-chan and company!
All the dishes lined in front of me were fragrant and vivid.
And yes, of course, it was delicious.

The simmered vegetables in the soup were soft and fresh.
Was this Ardist's equivalent of a carrot?
It was red and sweet, and I can crush it with just my tongue.
And when I bit into it, the flavors of the soup stock1Soup stock is what gives soup flavor otherwise it;d just be water with stuff in it overflowed and filled my tastebuds.
It was incredibly different from the hard, bitter grass I usually eat.
So delicious!

And bread!
I've finally eaten bread in this world!
I had only seen the garbage man2Emmy talking about her father and villagers eating bread but this is the first I've tried it!
The garbage man didn't share any food with me and what my master made was just porridge.
All of this thinking makes me feel like my life is pretty tragic, but this is way better than eating the bark3Not sure if anyone doesn't know this but whatever, bark is just the skin of a tree of a tree.
The bark filled me up but it never felt like I was eating a meal.
When I stuff the bread into my mouth, I immediately smell Barley and the taste is slightly salty, perfectly mixing with the sweet soup.
So delicious!!

And the best part is the meat!
The chicken-like meat had a crispy grilled skin, great fragrance, and it was juicy and moist making it super delicious!
There is some stuff on it that looked like herbs so I thought it was seasoned before being grilled.
I wonder if they grilled the herbs too.
The meat is completely different from the unprocessed monster meat, this tastes civilized!
So delicious!!!

Wait but what type of meat is this?!

<This must be Topopolok>

Topopolok?

<Huh? Emmy, didn't you have it on Earth?>

Nope, I guess not.

<I see, well it has thorns on its body, has three eyes, and its cry sounds like "Migyaa!". . .>

No, no I don't know that thing at all!

<What! No way! Maybe you've seen a variation of one, there are Ice Topopolok, Fire Topopolok, and many more!>

That's why I don't know! There aren't any magical creatures on Earth!

 

 

◇ ◇ ◇

 

 

"Hahaha!"

While I was conversing with Omake-sama, Baron Marz Salah spoke to me who had eaten mountains of food.
He was handsome with a beard and was Sarah-chan's father.
Up until a few seconds ago, I was so absorbed in the spread of the heavenly food that I couldn't notice Baron Marz, his daughter Sarah-chan, and her mother who I thought was a beautiful older sister.
In fact, Baroness Ima was sitting on the left of me.

"I would have liked to have prepared a much more extravagant dinner but sadly we are a poor Baron household and this is the best we can do."

Saying that Baron-sama winked mischievously.
What is this man, his every action is handsome!
I mean, "this is the best we can do" is so modest.

"Emmy was eating really fast! If you're happy, I'm happy!"

Sitting next to me, the beautiful pink-haired girl, Sarah-chan, spoke to me while grinning.

"You were ignoring everyone! I tried talking to you many times but you didn't respond to me at all. . . "

While she said that, Sarah-chan slumped her shoulders.
I'm sorry.
The food was so delectable I had to concentrate on it only. . .

"Emmy didn't answer Father either, he's said "Hahaha, you're eating so much!" five times already.

"Sarah, don't say that."

I'm really sorry.

Now then Emmy-san4Please tell me if I'm using the correct honorific, I was thinking about using kun but not sure, once again thank you for saving my wife, daughter, and servants. You look like you're around the same age as Sarah but it's a big deal to take out a whole band of bandits!"

While the maid cleared the table, Baron-sama spoke to me as he laughed.

"Could it be that you're the disciple of the 'Golden Arcus' that everyone has been talking about?"

Gold Arcus? Who's that?

"Ah. . . That is his name, right? Golden Arcus is one of the famous special-class adventurers. Well, to put it simply, Golden Arcus is a very strong person."

Baron-sama chose his words carefully so that even a young child, like myself, could understand.
I feel like this is the first time since reincarnating that someone actually cares for me.
A good person, this one.
I mean, if someone can have this sort of attitude with me, I bet he can take care of anyone.
And better yet!
He's so handsome!
Did he have a ton of ladies when he was young?
Wait, he's still young!

"That Golden Arcus has become a hot topic because he took a disciple around the same age as you and Sarah.
Moreover, in just a year they were able to pass the test and get a license.
Since the disciple is so strong at such a young age, they left the Golden Arcus and went to help others."

What a disciple!
How could they even pass all the tests in just one year?!

<9 times out of 10 they're usually a reincarnate with divine protection>

That's right.
I don't want to get involved with them, so I'll try to stay away from them as much as I can.
Too bad I don't know who they are.

 

 

"It's cheating to only talk to Father! I want to talk with Emmy too!"

At this point, Sarah-chan interrupted the conversation.
This child is bright, energetic, and good but she's selfish and bossy.
And maybe it's because I saved her life but she is oddly close to me.
I'm a cursed child with black eyes and hair yet despite her status as the only daughter of a Baron she doesn't seem to mind me.

"Hey hey! I want to ask where you came from Emmy! How did you get so strong?!"

". . . . . . . "

I kept my poker face on and didn't reply right away.
Sarah-chan didn't mind at all and still smiled.

No, it's not that I have an awful past, I just suck at speaking and it takes time for words to flow out of my mouth.

I don't want to be taken care of too much so I'm going to leave a little of my history out although it seems a bit difficult.

 

In the village where I was born, I was an outcast solely because of my appearance and had to live in the forest.
Once I was robbed of my first home, I roamed around without entering any villages because of the discrimination against black hair and eyes.
Then I was chased by wolves and eventually saved by Master.
Master trained me at his home deep in the mountains. . . But I came back after he died.

I didn't need to hide anything so I said all of it.
Ah, but I never said I was a reincarnation.

When Sarah-chan heard my tale, she was delighted.

"That's amazing!"

The couple was slightly depressed around the part where I described I ate bugs and grass to stave off my hunger.

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . After that, Baron Marz-sama introduced himself and his family including the servants.
Sarah-chan was whining, "You're still talking!!"

It seemed like she was the type of girl who secretly would come to play at night but she was actually the type to fall asleep after 3 seconds in her bed.
Seriously?
Sarah-chan. . . She's a cute girl but she feels like an idiot.

As for me, I was shown to a small room.
It seemed to be an empty servant room.

Baron-sama felt bad for providing such a small room but I was satisfied with how cozy it felt.

<Except for the six months spent at your master's house, we were homeless and had to sleep on branches and the like so just a bed is enough for us!>

That's right!
And this room has a bed!
In Master's house, I slept on the floor like something similar to a futon5Here's what a futon is6 so this will be my first time sleeping on a bed above ground after reincarnating!

 

 

 

. . . Oh so fluffy. . . 

 

 

 

As soon as I laid on the bed, I was surprised at how pleasant it felt.

Oh, my consciousness. . . 

I'm going to be just like Sarah-chan and fall asleep within 3 seconds.

 

 

Baron-sama smiled warmly and bitterly as I closed my eyes.

 

I'm finally finished!! Sorry for taking so long, anyways here what author has to say:

The Golden Arcus is Emmy's uncle.
No one knows yet just us

Ok that's all folks
Will try to get next chapter out soon

22