Chapter 25 Idea & Dreams
2.5k 21 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ohio, USA

August 19, 1912

[Freddy (Businessman) POV]

"What do you mean I can't drink here?!" I shouted " I'm a paying customer!"

"Sorry sir, it's the state rule. No alcohol allowed in Ohio."

"That's bullshit and you know it."

The Bartender shrugged, "I'm only following the law."

I just wanted to scream bloody murder, but just left the bar as everywhere I looked, alcohol was not for sale nor allowed to be sold. Which pissed me off to no end as the infamous Anti-Saloon league that he heard was promoting Anti-Alcohol for no goddamn reason and women were supporting the fuck out of it.

At this point, I can't do business here if I can't even have alcohol. Maybe I should move to Boston…

As I was passing by another bar that was barren as well, I had an idea flashed in my mind. Although it would be illegal, I think I can work it out.

I then rushed to my friend's apartment 10 minutes later, out of breath, but was too excited to calm down as I kept knocking as my friend was yelling "I'M COMING!"

and when he opened the door and noticed it was me, he calmed down and let me in. To which I did and closed the door.

"What the hell do you want now, Freddy? It's like-" he took a pause for a moment to glance at the clock on the wall and at me. "Fucking 8 am. It was my day off too. This better be good or I'll kick your ass out of my apartment right now."

I calmed down as I told Eric my plans. Since Eric and I go way back in 1890 when I saved his ass a couple of times during his financial troubles. So with his connections, I can establish this business without a hitch.

"I have this crazy idea that will land us both in jail if we are caught."

I pitched it, and Eric just stared at me for a good 30 seconds before speaking again "you're shitting me right?"

"No no no, I'm not. I swear. It involves alcohol."

Eric grumbled as I proposed this idea to him.

"Look, hear me out, ok?"

"Ok. Go on."

"Ok remember when the state passed the no alcohol policy?"

"Yeah it was like a year ago. Why do you ask?" 

"I was thinking, we sell them in secret or have underground bars to further enhance our business. Because trust me, this anti alcohol business?" I gestured my hands around me "it's gonna blow up and it's gonna hit america like a freight train. 

Eric was skeptical at best but I further pitched in another idea that made him pause for a moment.

"For the underground or secret bars, we could have sexy ladies dancing. Seducing our customers. For a price of course."

"That is hella risky man."

"Risky, BUT! Profitable. Get me?"

"Yeah I get you but how are we going to pull this off? We need a year to at least plan this."

I sat down and thought for a moment as I inquired "Eric, how much do you make a year?"

"A year? Mhmm about $55,000 Dollars. Why ask me this again?"

"And how much do I make a year? Just humor me."

"$80,000 dollars a year. Again, why am I doing this?"

"Combine our income and we can possibly pull this off. Think for a moment. We can make millions by exploiting the law and the people of their desire."

Eric sat down beside me and thought deeply for a moment as I nervously glanced at him and waited.

After 5 minutes of thinking, he responded with these words that are magic to my ears.

"I'll help you. But first, how to establish this sort of "Illegal" business you're talking about?"

"Simple, we buy all types of alcohol in stores. Wines, alcohols, beers, the works. And stockpile them. And once we stockpile them, we refurbish one of the buildings we bought and to have a basement to store all of the ones we bought and open it as a hotel. The 'Hotel' will be a facade or a front to disguise it as a bar for all Americans."

"We will also need to hire women to dance and be..seductive I guess."

Eric nodded as he stood up and stretched. "Well, we're gonna be busy for a year or two at least setting this all up and buying the alcohol and beer first."

"Yeah..and any ideas for the hotel name or bar name?"

"Mhmm..how about Hotel of Shadows? Seems like a pretty weird name but hey it fits our theme."

I said the same thing repeatedly to get the feeling and nodded. "Hotel of Shadows it is. Now let's get to planning! Since fuck Ohio and Fuck this state. But hey, we're gonna exploit the people for their money and desires so it's all bad I guess…" I muttered.

"Indeed it is not bad at all…" Eric just Shaked his head and he pulled me up and said we have work to do and nodded. 

And for the past few weeks we've been just buying every type of alcohol and storing it in the basement of the building we rented. Safe to say, if this plan goes smoothly, we may be the richest people in America and geniuses to think of this.

"The American Dream heh, if only that were true"

Franz, Austria-Hungary

In one of the Restaurants

August 23rd, 1912

[Society Member 1 Star Codename "Welrod" POV]

My daily routine is to wake up, prepare my own breakfast, hear some daily news that is happening around locally, have some chat with the neighbors, and finally head to my favorite spot in one of the restaurants.

As I sat down to read a newspaper and enjoy my cup of coffee that I ordered. A man sat opposite of me as I knew it was another member codenamed "Olaf" . He was a big but humble guy. He was originally hated for his height and mannerisms but the society recruited him a 6 months ago and had undergone extensive training. 

I folded the newspaper back and placed it on the table as I glanced at Olaf that is towering over me as I estimate that Olaf is about 6'9 which is ridiculous by normal standards. But you can't argue the usefulness of intimidation and the training Olaf did.

If I was dedicated, Olaf took it to the next level since the society practically saved his life and he's now dedicated to serving the Führerin 

I took a sip of my coffee as I nonchalantly started a conversation as if we both knew each other for years.

"How is life fitting you today Olaf?"

Olaf scoffed as he took a look around as he answered with a deep voice. "Doing good so far Welrod. How did the Investigation on the military go?"

"Well, let's just say we have some good news for the Führerin and the bad news that might piss her off." 

"Somehow I'm not surprised." Olaf nodded with a stoic face. As he called a waiter and ordered a coffee as well.

"Tell me the bad news first." Olaf grabbed something from inside his suit and pulled out a small book that he reads occasionally.

"The bad news is, the black hand has deeper roots in Austria than we thought. It goes all the way up to the special democrats."

Olaf stopped for a moment and listened.

"You got it right, the SDAP  (Social Democratic Austrian Party) is a party led by Friedrich Adler. And here comes bad news."

"Adler supposedly had a bad argument with Prime Minister Karl on a policy that Karl refused to pass."

"What was the policy?"

"It was about more freedom for the workers. But I think it was more than that since the Führerin is cautious about Lenin's ideas getting into Austrian politics."

"And the good news?" Olaf moves the topic forward as he didn't much care about Austrian politics.

"We have contact with Duchess Sophie."

"The Wife of the Archduke?"

"Yes. She says she'll be able to help us in exchange for her family's safety since she feels the visit to Sarajevo is a mistake or a premonition." The waiter arrived with the coffee of Olaf, and Olaf thanked the waiter in Austrian.

I resumed speaking. "Can we place spies around Sophie to protect her?" I asked Olaf, who pondered for a moment, then answered 

"No, sadly. But we can predict the routes they're going to take once they visit Sarajevo for inspection."

"That's good enough. Have our spies rent the places in order to check the surroundings and protect the Archduke and the Duchess as best as they can. That's the only way we can protect them for now."

"I see." Olaf finished his coffee rather quickly and tucked his book back into his suit and stood up.

"We will see each other in a month from now. The usual daily report?"

"The usual."

Olaf nodded as he grabbed the newspaper containing the secret codes messages for the new orders assigned to them as they would be called the "Big Dipper Branch." Which was iconic in its own way.

"Heil, Victoria" Olaf said quietly, as he left with the newspaper.

"Heil, Victoria." I replied back as stood up and headed to the train station to head for Vienna as I saw another familiar face just walking straight at me.

We both ignored each other, but my right hand was outstretched as another member Codename "Lily" who was a prostitute has successfully acquired some intelligence on what the Austrians are making. 

Lily passed me the letter sized envelope as quick without even making eye contact as I chuckled and tucked the envelope inside of my suit as I prepared to go home.

Once I arrived, I closed all the locks and made sure no one was listening nor hearing me as I carefully opened the envelope and quickly deciphered the coded message as he read it ever so carefully.

After about 20 minutes had passed, and safe to say, I was surprised the Austrians had plans to build a tank of their own after learning that we are also planning a tank project.

They also had their own version of a semi auto rifle, although it's still in the prototype stages. Although I can't help but notice that it's directly copied from the Italians, the French, and us specifically. Which amused me to some extent.

The rest of the coded messages are just superficial reports that's nothing of value as of now but I need to send it to Führerin herself…Let's see…I'll add my own report as well and seal it with wax and I'll just head to a telegram office that is under the societys supervision.

After finishing writing my report, I put it in a sealed envelope along with Lily's report and waxed it. And exited my rented apartment as I headed to a telegram office. Which was a 3 minute walk and walked in.

I looked around as it was fairly busy all year around with the tension and all that's descending upon Europe. 

After finishing looking around, I looked and found the shortest lane to take and took it and waited for my turn.

As I waited, I thought to myself. Maybe once I retire, I should buy a house and have a family. That'll be nice…but alas I have to duty first to the Führerin and to the Fatherland. So sacrifices have to be made huh…I wonder how my parents are doing in Frankfurt… I snapped out of it as it was my turn in lane.

"What will be your recipient and priority package Sir?" The cashier, who was a woman, said as a typical response as even though she was in the society, she doesn't know any spies or hidden agents that work for the society. But she knew all the codewords that were changed frequently to have a special delivery delivered to the Führerin herself.

"To Dragonborn. Priority Package." I said, as the Cashier stopped for a moment and nodded as she took the package delicately and headed to the back of the building to place it on a special delivery area for the Führerin alone and walked back to face me again.

"That'll be 15 Krones." She kept the facade up as I paid 15 Krones and got the receipt and pocketed it. I left the telegram office to head somewhere else to continue my duty as a spy and information broker.

I miss pancakes…I muttered as Continued my daily routine.

Berlin, Germany

August 31st, 1912

[In the half completed bunker overseeing the construction and the masterpiece work.]

[Erika's POV]

"Meine, Führerin you have a package that's been delivered to you." The Maid who's been with me since childhood reported to me.

"A package…thank you for notifying me." I thanked the maid whose name is Grace and smiled at my praise.

"You have nothing to thank for, Meine, Führerin."

"Please stop, you're family to me.." I sighed.

"Sorry, Mein Führerin." I'll have to disobey that order" Grace giggled at my silliness as she escorted me to the temporary office inside the bunker as I caught a glimpse at the package, which was a sealed envelope and narrowed my eyes.

"Call me if you need anything Meine Führerin." Grace said, as she closed the door behind her to give me some needed privacy to read the message sent by my spies.

"Now let's see what's reported here…" I opened the sealed envelope and quickly decoded the words and read through them carefully.

I frowned even more as I finished reading the report as I wondered what the fuck the Austrians are smoking. And secondly, there's been a leake since the Austrians are now testing the same projects as we have. 

God fucking dammit, this is why I hate loose cannons…

I looked at the telephone beside my desk and grabbed the receiver and dialed someone from the Gestapo.

And after a few rings, the call connected 

[Telephone] "Who is this?"

[Telephone] "it's me. I have a job for you."

[Telephone] "Of course Mein Führerin, what would you have us do?" The one on the phone inquired.

The one on the phone was the Director himself named Terrence Müller who was in charge of the gestapo that was fully established a year ago and the number swelled since then to 400,000.

[Telephone] "I want you to find these people I'm about mention. I'll even send you the copied document." I took a glance at my documents of people that might leak my project and counted 8 people as I each said their name and their addresses.

[Telephone] "and what would you have us do to them once we capture them by forging a warrant?"

[Telephone] "Bring them all inside the warehouse and torture them. I want to find out who leaked my projects. If you do extract the information, you may set them free. But for the ones who directly got involved in the leak would die for their crimes. You understand Directer Terrence?"

[Telephone] "O-of course. They'll be captured in due haste Meine Führerin."

[Telephone] "Good. And please remember how I got you that position Terrence Müller. I hope you didn't forget." I threatened Müller.

[Telephone] "O-Of course not! My family and I are truly grateful! Our loyalty is only towards you and no one else!"

Hearing those words, I nodded

[Telephone] "Thats good to hear. Now go do your duty to the Fatherland and arrest the traitors."

I said as I hung up and stared at the report before me as I grabbed a lighter and burned the report.

As I slowly saw the report being burned before my eyes, the ember slowly devouring its prey, as I dropped the burning paper in the ashtray, I stood up and stretched for a bit as my most trusted maid entered and handed me my coffee.

"Thank you, Grace."

"No problem Erika. If you need anything else, I'm always here for you."

"You're reliable as always."

"Of course. It's my duty to serve you."

"But greetings aside, Visha has called in to say she's gonna arrive quite soon."

"I see…to escort her to where I am as I need to supervise some of the bunkers' structural integrity and defenses."

"Of course, Mein Führerin." Grace bowed as she left to greet Visha in one of the public restaurants.

Meanwhile I went back to the engineers and architects in constructing the long pathways and strengthening the supports whenever there's a bombardment. I directed them to what needs to be done "you need to do this…"

Meanwhile, in one of the Offices of the Gestapo along with RISA (Reich Imperial Security Agency)

Same date and year

8 Prinz Albrecht Street, Berlin, Germany

[Terrence Müller POV]

God fucking dammit GODD FUCKING DAMMIT! Of all the times to bother the Saintess, it's betraying her expectations! 

I was livid and angry that someone betrayed the Führerin, but at the same time glad that someone did it to taste the capabilities of the Gestapo and RISA that the Führerin formally established  a few years ago.

The organization has grown then and it made Germany safer than ever with crimes dropping to a tolerable level, along with RISA in stopping and doing counterintelligence to confuse their enemies such as Great Britain who kept sending spies into their country. It's honestly nauseating at this point.

"Immediately assemble RISA agents along with the Gestapo to apprehend the 8 suspects."

"Do we need a warrant Director?" One of the Superintendents commented.

"No. A warrant is not needed. The Führerin has given us full authority to arrest these people."

"Any other orders other than that Director?"

"The Führerin told us to kill 4 of the 8 people in the list. I'll hand you all a list and it is our job to find them and hope they're still in the country.

"""Yes Director."""

"Good. Now let's get going people, time is of the essence."

After the short speech, the Gestapo along with RISA immediately head out along with the phone operators calling other branches to arrest these people as soon as possible.

For hours, the people of Germany were scared as black uniformed men and women we're heading to the last known location of the traitors of Germany as one of them tried to run.

"I'm innocent! I'm innocent! This is abuse of authority!" He shouted as the Gestapo tackled him down and grabbed him and handcuffed him along with bagging his head as they put him behind a truck to be escorted to a warehouse that is used by the society.

One of the other main suspects were also grabbed along with his family that were confused on why they were also included at the main suspect begged for his family to not be involved and that he was at fault.

But the Gestapo and RISA are silent on the matter as they're doing their jobs and didn't care about these people since they betrayed the Fatherland.

After gathering the 8 suspects, I personally headed for the warehouse as I heard cries and pleas to let them go as I entered the warehouse that was guarded by multiple Gestapo Officers.

I stopped in front of them as I gestured to the officers to remove their bags on their heads as they squinted their eyes for a moment to adjust to the surroundings and shouted why they were arrested without any warnings.

"You want to know why you were arrested? You took an oath to serve the Society unconditionally. But you have violated our code. And for that you'll be punished."

"You can't fcking touch us! If you kill us, the society will be wanted by the real German authorities!" One shouted as he was slapped by a gestapo officer for speaking up 

"As you can see, the Führerin wasn't exactly happy and was angry at why you have betrayed her expectations. So she has gathered evidence towards the 8 of you. And only the 4 of you will be lucky."

"The other 4 will be executed here and now without trial. As per society custom."

"WHAT! THATS BULLSHIT! NO FUCK YOU! LET ME OUTTA HERE! YOU'RE ALL BRAINWASHED BY THE FUHRERIN YOU SERVE! IT'S THE KAISER YOU SHOULD SERVE YOUR FUHRERIN IS A WH-"

He was beaten multiple times by the fists of multiple officers as they disrespected the Führerin.

I raised my hand to stop them as I approached the man who was tied up, bleeding as he looked at me 

"Tell me, who ordered you to leak it?"

"Fuck you." He spits blood towards my face. I grabbed a handkerchief and wiped it off as I stared at the man who grinned at his small victory.

"I see you're stubborn then." I grabbed him by the chin as I stared at his grinned filled face, but I knew he was scared.

"If you do not tell me, you'll see one of your friends die in front of your eyes."

And true to my word, one gestapo officer pulled out his Mauser and pointed at the man beside him as the man cried and begged the officer to not shoot him as he was innocent and didn't know that this entire incident was leaked. He was pleading for the other guy beside him to confess on who persuaded them to leak it to the Austrians.

"You wouldn't dare shoot one of your own me-"

At the moment he said that, the crying man was shot in the head and fell down on the floor in the pool of his own blood.

The man now knew that Terrence wasn't joking at least one bit.

"Oh look, he died. Now his wife is next."

The crying woman was dragged in front of him as they pointed the pistol at her head.

"Now tell me, who is the mastermind?"

The man was clearly shaken as he saw the teary woman who was begging to be let go. She kept saying I wouldn't tell anyone or a soul of this ever happening. But the officers were stoic and didn't give any emotion nor flinching as they waited.

"I-I-I" he stuttered as the woman begged as the officer buried the muzzle of the Mauser into her temple as she cried harder.

"OK OK! I tell you"

"YOU SHUT UP KLAUS! DON'T TELL EM ANYTH-"

The officer next to the old man shut him up by punching his stomach, which pulled the air out of his lungs as he struggled to speak.

Klaus was just terrified at this point as he confessed to his crimes "we were…pressured to release it to the Austrians…"

I shouted "WHO IS IT?"

Klaus was shaking as he revealed the name. "Theobald Theodor Friedrich Alfred von Bethmann Hollweg…the Chancellor…"

All 6 men Shaked at the name as they were threatened by the SPD (Left wing party of Germany)

"Now that wasn't so hard isn't it?" 

"Now you can die a hero for Germany rather than a traitor."

"Wai-" I grabbed my Mauser and shot the man who was midway into speaking as I got my confession as I stared at Klaus's dead body for a brief second before staring at the 6 men.

I pointed at the old man and a noble man who was a baron to be dragged in beside Klaus's dead body along with the other body that's been shot.

Both men realized that their fates were to be shot, and begged at Terrence's feet to spare them, but I ignored them as I shot both of them in quick succession.

As both of them fell down hard on the floor.

4 of the remaining men shivered as they thought they were about to be executed as well as the remaining family also feared for their lives.

But Terrence had other plans.

"Bring these 4 men into prison. And their family and child go into the youth school and the women are educated again on who to follow and what to follow."

"Yes, Director."

"And someone burn the bodies and spread their ashes somewhere that can't be found."

"Yes, Director."

I nodded as I left the warehouse for the RISA and Gestapo Officers and agents to finish the job. As I head to my office and report it to the Führerin herself that it is finished and hang up after the usual reports and return to my duty.

This incident will never be recorded nor be known as the Führerin wanted complete destruction of any evidence. Including the burning of the warehouse to build a new and stronger warehouse. I hope the Führerin is satisfied with it.

After resuming the work, I heard that RISA had finally arranged the families of those who are executed a proper compensation and their children to be sent to Victoria Your schools to be "Re-Educated" and eventually join the society as full members once they graduate.

For the 4 men, they have been diligent and behaving in prison as to even going so far as praying to Erika everyday for forgiveness, as prayed in front of a handmade Führerin's statue everyday which was weird, but nevertheless fine by the guards.

[Narrator]

But what Müller didn't realize is that once they were released 5 years later, they found the Church of the Führerin and further spread the cult and the so-called made bible and started their cult in the hometown of the Führerin. By the time Müller got wind of this, he couldn't stop it and just let it exist without the Führerin's knowing. And by the time the Führerin also heard of it and tried to end the so-called cult of personality, it had already spread to half of Germany at that point. And just embraced it.

One thing Erika commented that Victoria plan to exploit in the future is "I'm like the Goddess Empress of Mankind for Warhammer 40k…" which Victoria didn't get the reference to nor understood it, but she was inspired by the title "Goddess-Empress of Mankind" and plan to further expand it in the coming future.

[Grace's POV]

Maid of Erika Victoria

In one of the secret training facilities.

Ever since Erika has shown a strange behavior, I knew Erika was destined to change the empire as she built amazing structures out of clay, and drawing of amazing guns that I never knew existed. Even one time I remember that her father and mother were worried sick once when Erika got sick.

But now, I am happy in where I am, watching Erika grow up to be an amazing woman and when she founded the society, I didn't even hesitate and joined. And was shocked at how much knowledge that Erika has shown throughout the years she's been with her.

Although she has some weird quirks, and knowing her vulnerability at times makes her unique in a sense.

And I told myself How can I help her? How could I, a maid for Erika for the past 15 years. Be able to help her. And so I decided to found a new order called the "The Shadow Reich Order" which I founded a few years ago and recruited mainly children and abandoned orphans in order to break them down and build them back up to be trained and be the silent protectors of Erika in the shadows.

Of course Erika knew this after a year since I couldn't keep secrets from her and she appreciated what I did and officially incorporated the SRO into the society as the Führerin's personal assassin group.

Even I myself, have trained in the arts of self defense and how to use different types of weapons and Close quarters combat thanks to Erika's daily reminder during her childhood days that I should pick up many combat skills and learn them.

Hence why even though I am a harmless maid, I have multiple knives strapped to my legs, arms and even waists along with ammo clips for my personal Mauser that is handcrafted and personalized to be used for the SRO. It is Black in color with Erica's new design to have a Silencer or a noise dampener is what I call it for my shots to echo a bit more less when I use it.

Usually I don't use the silencer as it is a hassle to attach it and detach it.

 But right now the most important thing is to protect Erika against all threats and thankfully, I expanded the Order to around 10,000 members and most are children or abandoned orphans that are willing to join for life and die for the Führerin if need be. I hate brainwashing kids in all honesty, but the Führerin has changed my mind over the course of the years I've been with her and I just accepted it. Hopefully the children will have long happy lives once they retire…

"Hello Ms VIsha. Erima has been expecting you to please follow me."

I said, as I waited in the lobby of a hotel for awhile before I spotted Visha hurrying her way in and looking around and spotted me 

"Of course, thanks for guiding me. I'm still bad at directions sometimes.."

I shook my head at amusement as I replied in jest "Don't worry, I won't tell Erika. Although I find it amusing that you're so diligent yet so carefree and ignorant to the world around you."

"Hahaha I aim to please, and yeah…thank my parents for raising me this way. I was…rather a spoiled child and a naughty one as I kept disobeying my father's orders and being lectured all the time but I got by everyday due to my hardwork and my mother's help."

"That is good to hear. Now come inside, Erika needs your help planning." I said as we entered a secret entrance.

"Of course! Erika is my spiritual leader after all." Visha smiled cheekily as she followed behind me as I shaked my head

The future is bright for Erika as she is surrounded by friends and not Yes Men thankfully. Now I need to prepare a meal for Erika as she keeps skipping it sometimes…some things never change.

Hello! Your friendly author here once again with another update. Sorry it took so long.

And I'll probably do the Asian side and Nordic side next and maybe the Perspective of the Russians as well. 

As we are getting near to the end of the year update and closer to the great war, 

I want you guys to suggest something or wanting to add something's in the comments below 

And oh, almost forgot. I will have the great war start as OTL (Original Timeline) but with a twist. And showcase a map of Europe after the great war. 

Hopefully the map can show you what is the aftermath of the treaties signed 5 years later. 

Anyways as always, leave suggestions and advice in the comments and I'll cosndier them!

Much love from me, your humble but average author

this is Erika now Signing off!

66