Chapter 26.5 End of the Year Update 1912
2.4k 12 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Domestic: 


The German empire is for now has achieved a total of 1.7 million men and women in the field and has stopped recruiting for now as they needed to fully arm and train the remaining troops.


The logistical hurdles and future problems of it has been averted thanks to Erika's careful planning and fixing of the Railway system along with establishing an Engineer Corps.


Additionally, the Society has gained a very wide array of spy and intelligence network surround the US, Japan, China, And the Philippines and looking to expand further more into south america and more asian countries.


Erikas along with the Societys value estimated at $15 Billion Dollars counting all of they own as Erika is siphoning money from the US and UK and even Russia slowly by using a money scheme that will not be found out until after 1934.


Lastly, the General Populace of Germany has been feeling somewhat safe but still tense as talks for war are still prevelant to the people and that it might erupt soon but still trust on their kaiser to keep them safe.


In other news, the bunker system that was Erika's pet project is now 22% done with the Berlin Large Bunker being 60% complete as it is being prioritized for now.


International News/Updates;

President Woodrow Wilson has been finally sworn in office. And swore to improve education and improving trust funds within the US.


He has also started a trend where a State of the Union address has generally made him popular and sky rocketed his chance to be eelcted a second term.


He also passed a controversial tariff bill that republicans were upset about but democrats were happy as it basically retained higher luxury good tariffs to be monopolized.


Woodrow has also plan to pass the Federal Reserve Act in order to allocate and save funds in case of a state of war.


He also tried to pass the famous Child Labor Law but was severely struck down by the Southern Democrats along with the Supreme Judge. But earned him a lot of votes from women and men alike who have families and children.

He also wants to end the dispute on Colorado Coalfield War but so far, it is still ongoing as the Woodrow seeks to end it next year at best.


He has also embraced total Neutrality policy as he wanted to push America into isolationism as he believed that Europe's problem is not America's problem.


Anti-Saloon League

Alcohol is slowly coming under fire as numerous factories and workers who are making alcohol are being discriminated on, and someone who drinks are also being attacked. Several states along with Ohio, Arizona, Utah, Mississippi, Colorado, Wisconsin, and Minnesota have been pushing towards non alcohol beverages which Wayne Wheeler has been playing upon.

Right now, America has saw decrease of alcohol sales by 20% along with people not drinking by 30% which wheeler wanted more results and plans to do pressure politics and passing prohibition in the next coming years.


The Mexican Civil war has concluded with the Mexican Socialist party winning as they plan to do a 4 year plan to strengthen their army, and generate their economy into a more stable state as the civil war screwed their long term plans for a few years. 


In Asia, another war has been brewing as reports of japanese amassing soldiers in the border between North Korea and Vladivostok. More news from this will come soon as we are able to plan a document on it.


And lastly, the French are seeking an alliance with the Spanish in order to have more man power and be used as cannon fodder one analyst says from UK which is completely valid given the circumstances.


But Spain has refused for now and is not looking to ally with the french anytime soon.


Foreign Relations & Regions

Russian Empire: You just want me to get mad at you don't cha? Well I'm ready if I'm ready. (decreasing moderately)


France: we're not friends anymore. I'm treating you as my rival. My enemy. My eternal enemy!!! (Let's just say they're not exactly close anymore but still have diplomatic ties.)


British Empire: Touch Belgium and be ready for your navy to be demolished, and your people starve as we blockade you bitch. (Threatens Germany basically but still neutral)


USA: We aren't close, we aren't stranger either. So...let's just deal with each other until something happens. (Neutral, and still trading)


Canada: Neutral


Mexico: I don't fucking trust you now you fucking imperialist pig! (Due to the change of government, they hate us now and has cut diplomatic ties.)


Kingdom of Brazil: we still chill right?


Argentina: Were still close friends buddy don't worry


Columbia: How about a big fuck you? Just don't fund our rebels and we'll leave you alone.


Ottoman Empire: Allies and Close.


Austrian- Hungary: Close but still not close. Just friends with benefits?


Switzerland: AAAAAAAHHH DONT YOU FUCKING TOUCH ME! ILL PRESS THIS BUTTON I SWEAR TO GOD. (Yep neutral as always)


Sweden: I love your sweet money and awesome deals.


Norway: Meh we only care a out trade. (Trade alliance still on along with Sweden)


Kingdom of Italy: Yeaaah no. We're not close, and don't you pretend to be. (Same as France)


Spain: the fuck do I do now?  (Staying neutral for as long as possible.)


Netherlands: Heyyy my close friend how are ya doin? (Open borders and still happily trading.)


Serbia: Fuck your mom and fuck everything you stand for imperialist scum.


Belgium: Still Fuck you.


Romania: Close yet so far? Maybe close. (Trade ties still strong)


Philippines: Man. I love you now please marry me (Very close ties thanks to the Societys Spy network.


Empire of Japan: I hope you're prepared for the upcoming war I'm about to spaek hope.my help is appreciated (neutral)


British Raj: Were slowly burning but we're still both fine right? (Slightly increasing)


Laws and Policies Erika has Passed:


Education Act of 1913-16 (Improving)


Under this act compulsory attention for school rises from six years to eleven years of total education. Further major funding is put into Realschule to help trained people for skilled labor jobs. While under this bill this funding is to help train people in areas that could be related to the defense of the Reich it however was cast with such a board net that its easier to name what isn’t cover than what is covered.


Then there is the section dealing with the Gymnasium and Oberrealschule. Under this law these schools are merged into a single unit. Under the new law admission into the new Gymnasium was to be merit base, with a clear and high standard for those trying to get into it.


Finally, there was the path forward for people who prior to this act couldn’t afford to attend university. For those who are able to pass the abitur with high enough marks if from either Realschule or Gymnasium there is a path forward to have the imperial government pay for attending university. If you select a major in science, engineering, medical, or technical fields you would attend university for free for so long as you maintain a set grade point average.


Students who attend university via the government is covering your cost, there are a number of classes that normally wouldn’t be needed. These are ethical and historical classes to give these students interdisciplinary training in these areas and how its retaliated to their work. These classes are simple pass or fail courses


Firearms Act of 1913-1914 [Law introduced in mid 1913 and passed early 1914]

(Law went into effect as the Blacks and Whites who were also rescued had tense issues and we're finally sorted out.)

In the wake of the tragedy of Ursprung Shooting Massacre, many questions were asked how could such an event happen. After speaking with the shooter after he regained consciousness along with working police records found out most of the firearms used for the Ingolstadt Massacre had been stolen in the weeks leading up to the massacre. While the shotgun and two of the pistols were legally brought the remaining 8 had been stolen. The shotgun itself was something the shooter had owned for years prior to the massacre.


With this information this act was created. People who own firearms are now required by law to have their firearms kept under lock and key. There is a three-year grace period to allow all firearms owner to become compliant with this new law.


Further this law creates a legal path for local police departments to seize firearms from people if they are believed to be a threat to either themselves or others. Its clear from the wording of this law this is something that should only be taken as a last step and with grave care about its used. If used through the police must record the everything taken. The person whose firearms had been seized then had to undergo a psychological examination to see if they are a threat to themselves or others. If they are found to be such the police will maintain ownership of the firearms that they seize till such time that it had been decided that no threat remains. At which point the firearms will be return to their rightful owner. If no threat is found then the firearms will be returned following such a psychological examination.


Infrastructure and Stimulus Act of 1913-1918


Simply put this is a massive piece of legislation. It funding building or improvements to canals and railways. Its funding the Autobahn which is based on the OTL Autobahn but Grnader in Scale. There is funding of public transit within larger cities for improvements there. Its funding also covers a massive rework of the German drinking water system.


That’s just on the infrastructure side of the coin. On the direct stimulus to the economy you are seeing a religious district being built in Berlin to bring all the various Abrahamic faiths together in one district. It will have a community building for meetings between the various faiths of Abraham so they can learn from each other and open new doors. Yet they will all have their own churches, mosques, and synagogues to pray to God in their own way. The goal is to have this district finished in time for Wilhelm’s Golden Jubilee in 1938.


Further a tax rebate system is created to give companies a reason to modernize their equipment. To quality for this tax rebate one must buy German(Or approved allies) machine tooling or equipment that is related to their business. Once they receive this new machine tooling or equipment, they are to turn over their old machine tooling or equipment over to the empire for this rebate. The empire then is putting this machine tooling or equipment into storage for a rainy day.


Unemployment Benefits Act of 1913-1930 (this Act was passed 2 years later and the effects were miraculous and gave Germans oppurtunity to still earn money)


This law creates a system were people who had lost their jobs will receive benefits from the imperial government to help them live till they can find another job. These benefits however will only last up to 12 months before they start being reduced and ending within 24 months of applying for these benefits. While receiving these benefits people should be actively seeking out employment.


Also there is a section in this act dealing with those who commit fraud when applying for benefits. Penalties range from fines to jail time with fines.


Luftwaffe Reform Act of 1913-1935 [Final Changes were on 1935]


This act reorganizes the Luftwaffe into the following major commands: Fighter Command, Tactical Air Command, Strategic Air Command, Air Defense Command, Training Command, Military Transport Command, Supply Command, and Air Research Command. Training Command itself is a joint command shared with the Army and Navy to help process training of new pilots for all three services. Besides all the newly formed commands money is set aside to help achieve their stated goals.


Health of Erika Victoria:

So far she is managing everything well, but stress is getting to her as she realized everything is happening not according to her prediction as she realize this might be a different scenario that might play out instead of the OTL scenarios. Hence she is now extensively planning backup plans to ensure if one plan fails, she would have multiple backups.


Hence the stress is getting to her at times as she is sleeping in her office always or sometimes during class.


She has also gathered American capitalists in support of her projects and  plans to further expand Halo Industries by branching out to other brands and neighbouring countries.


In her private life, nothing is new except Victoria (Princess) gifted her gifts that were so...shocking to say the least as one gift was a mansion and another one was a gift in a form of a gun design that she's making and calling it Erikaniser. (A new rifle) which sounds ridiculous but it's now in the making which she can't stop. although the name itself sounds like if someone has been shot by this, you felt being Erikanized or something as Erika laughed at the prospect of it.


Other than that, she's a stress out, but healthy 16 year old teenager who is working hard and has achieve many things in her life as she is also struggling to write a manifesto as Victoria suggested..but who knows, maybe she'll complete one and will be used in the future...time will only tell...



Hi you're friendly author here with another end of the year update, this would be my last for now as I swear I'm taking a few days break to brainstorm what scenario for the next chapter will be so hold down your pitchforks and don't point at me XD

It's been a wild ride. But now war is brewing and hopefully, once the vote ends, I introduce Lenin to be somewhat insane but pragmatic man who will do anything to achieve power or win a war. 

So I hope you enjoy for what's to come as the great war will start with a big bang!

Also I'm open to suggestions and advices anytime and I'll consider it since I'm having a bit of a writers block now so any help is appreciated!

This is Erika now signing off!

PS: I can add a civilian pov if you guys like so it's up to you :) see you in the next chapter in a few days (maybe 3-4 days depending on how bad my writers block is.)


54