Chapter 27 Life is full of surprises.
2.9k 14 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

January 9th, 1913

Hamburg, Germany

[Bernard, Occupation (Owner of a Cafe Shop) POV]

"Finally my order arrived." I sighed in relief as I saw the truck stopped near my Cafe shop as I hastily rushed to meet the delivery man.

"Are you Bernard Gustav?" The delivery guy asked

"Yes I am. Is this the complete delivery?" I inquired since usually they don't deliver all of it and I'll have to buy it somewhere else, which was a hassle but it's inevitable at times since prices on flour for example have risen to 60 RM from the previous 55 RM. Which hit my shop quite a bit since I use flour to make bread and cakes.

The delivery guy scanned through the clipped paper he was holding and double checked everything before looking back at me.

"Yes I think this is all of it. It will be a total of 5,500 RM sir."

Hearing the price, I sighed as I paid the full price since a few years ago, it used to be 400 RM cheaper. But now, the prices have risen quite considerably. Which affects my livelihood as I saw multiple men that were guided by my employees to guide the packages to the food storage.

"Tough running a Cafe shop no?" The delivery guy said, starting a small conversation with me.

"Yeah, usually I have a lot of customers this summer, but right now, everyone is worried about a war erupting. I want nothing to do with it, but I can't really avoid it. Thank god I'm joining the army. I chuckled morbidly.

"Well, for me I'm gonna be conscripted in August."

"No shit?"

"Yep. So I'm just finishing my job for now until I'll be trained and be out into reserves. I just hope I don't see combat in my lifetime. I don't wanna jeopardize my future by joining the army full time." The delivery guy grimaced at the thought of it.

"I understand why. Just hope that if a war does start, it will end relatively soon. But that's just me being optimistic about it."

"Mhmm…we'll see you in a few months. If I'm still here that is. Hope your stocks last." Referring to the delivery I just ordered.

I nodded. "Thank you! and see you in a few months as well."

After that, all the delivery guys hopped on the truck and drove away. Heading on the Autobahn highway to deliver more food packages.

I went back to the store and grabbed my clipped paper to double check if I had everything that I ordered.

After 15 minutes, everything checked out and I went back to making cakes to display on the Cafe shop as customers poured in to order.

"Hey, have you heard any news from your cousin in France?" One of the employees whispered. Which I slightly eavesdropped in as I was making rolls of bread.

"Yeah, they are full of paranoia that our government will attack them. Which is dumb if you ask me. It's more like, the French will attack us first. The 2nd employee complained about it.

"You have arguments over it on the telephone?" The 1st employee was flabbergasted.

"Yeah, it's dumb. But at the same time frustrating. Even my family is divided on the issue. My father is pro war, while my mom is against it. There's always tension when there's family dinner." the 2nd employee just was tired of all the arguments that've been going on for 5 months.

"What about you then? What's your take in all this?" 1st employee inquired and questioned

"My take?" the 1st employee nodded, to which the 2nd employee answered "I think I'm with the empire, but I'm also against the war somewhat. I mean, we're already powerful. So why even wage war?"

I nodded at the question of my employee as I also wondered. Why do we need a lot of soldiers for defense? And why I find it weird that even foreigners are being affected by the happenings going around in the German empire.

"Let's hope for the best eh? And fight for a brighter future" the 1st employee laughed it off as he patted his friend as he got back to work.

"I hope so. But I'll be optimistic for now" as he also got back to work.

I hummed a bit as I returned to my duty helping customers whenever I had free time. And encountered an old friend who's still in the army and waved at him when he entered the cafe.

He approached the counter and ordered a heavy drink as I prepared it, I asked

"How are you Edward? You look tired and upset."

Edward just looked at me and stared down for a moment before opening up to me "Bernard, do you think me joining the army was the right decision?" 

I stopped for a moment to think, then resumed making Edwards drink and laced it on the counter for him to enjoy.

"Well, it depends on the circumstances. But I'd say you joining the army was the right decision. Why did you ask?"

"Our regiment is being put on high alert and will be moved to Alsace Lorraine soon. I'll leave in a few weeks." He dropped the news in front of me as I stood shocked for a moment as I tried to comprehend what my friend is saying.

"You're being placed on the Frontlines?"

"Technically yes."

"But aren't we supposed to be on the defending side of things?"

Edward shrugged "don't ask me, I'm just a grunt in a massive cogwheel. Even my kommandant was confused on why he was also moved to Alsace Lorraine as a "extra precaution" and "defense" if you tell me, were already on the brink of war. And we're just preparing."

"I've also heard rumors that the French have also mobilized and placed numerous defenses throughout their northeastern border towards us.." Edward sighed as he heavily drinked his now ordered drink.

"That is…most troubling news. How sure are you about all this?" I asked, making sure it's not just a rumor that I heard a couple weeks back.

"Yes. Half of the decisions even got the alert status along with half heading to the eastern side. And I assure you, this is not a rumor. There's some truth to it." Edward said, drinking his wine.

"And most of your numbers are made up of young men and women…?" I grimly answered my own question.

"Yes, sadly they're a lot of young men and women in the army, and more to come. Honestly, I don't understand why any of them think this is an adventure of a lifetime, or making you the manly and for the women, it adds a certain charm or something like it's war! A WAR! A potential war that might end their future and lives. A war that might take away their family's happiness. Hence why I promised myself, if I ever had one in my group, I will give them a reality check. But I doubt they'll just listen. Let war show them the reality of how bad it is…" Edward frustratingly confided to me as he is quite upset in all this since Edward was a veteran in joining the boxer rebellion and the colonial wars. so he understand it completely.

"Don't worry Edward. I'm sure everything will be fine." I tried to reassure him as I handed him another wine.

"Heh fine? I doubt it, but we'll see. Thanks for the drinks." He finished his new wine fairly quickly and stood up. He grabbed a 40 RM and placed it on the counter and left without asking for a change.

I stared at the money on the counter and stared at Edwards back as I just took it and cleaned the grabbed 2 mugs and wiped the counter.

"Is that uncle Edward papa?" My daughter who was 9 came down the second floor of the care shop and greeted me."

I answered while preparing another customers order "yes, but he left quite quickly. But I'm sure hes quite busy in the army." I reassured Lina, my daughter.

Lina pouted a bit "hes always busy! I wish he just visited me a lot like before…" 

"I know honey, but you're uncle…is busy on duty and I'm sure he loves you very much and wishes that he had time to play with you as well"

"Really…? I'm not dumb you know papa. I know there's talks about a war happening…all my friends are talking about it."

I sighed as I finished getting the order of the customer as I told my employees to take over for awhile as I carried my daughter upstairs and answered her.

"Honey, you know what war is?"

"Uhm, it's where a lot of people go and fight each other, shoot each other, and go home after." Lina said, although albeit it's a satired version of what a child should know, I grimaced at the thought of explaining to Lina on what war truely is.

"Well honey, it is quite close to what you're thinking but not that close. You see, you're uncle might…be so busy that he can't come anymore if war spreads around our country." I tried to explain it as best as I could to my young daughter.

Lina looked at me, confused for a moment as I set her down on the living room as my wife was cooking lunch. God bless her, she is beautiful and never aged ever since I married her. 

"Then papa, is war bad for everyone? Because one of my friends said, war is good for everyone and that everyone should support war."

Lina got my attention quickly as I sat down on the couch and carried her to seat beside me as I thought deeply on how to answer that question before speaking my honest thoughts.

"War is…bad for everyone. It destroyed livelihood, families, our future, and our generation. You're friends is just naive…oblivious to what's truly war is about. War brings death and destruction dear. And sometimes war is neccesary or sometimes unnecessary." I patted my daughter's back as I kept explaining.

"So when you grow up, I solely wish that you grow up to be a beautiful lady with a wonderful future." I smiled and tickled her as deep inside my mind, I don't want her to join the army. But I'll respect her decisions if she solely chooses so, as I quit the army many years ago.

My wife called out. "Dear! Help me place the lunch on the dinner table for me please! I'm preparing the side dishes."

I called back "Coming honey! Come on my dear angel, time to eat and fill that monster stomach of yours" as Lina laughed at the analogy and walked towards the kitchen to grab the food and rice and place it on the table and helped Helga, my wife to clean the counter used for cooking and grabbed the plates and fork and spoons and placed it on the table.

"Thank you dear." My wife looked at me and smiled

"You're welcome. I just hope the prices go down after all of this." I said, as I waited for my wife to complete the side dishes.

"They increased the prices again?" She inquired

I nodded "not only that, but the rumor is actually true. Edward confirmed it, and he's now being deployed to Alsace-Lorraine. I said, as I watched my daughter played with her drawing books.

"Edward did…? My goodness. How is he?" 

"Confused, lost, and even hating that a lot of young people are joining the war. You know how he is." 

"I do know dear, I'm surprised he made Captain."

"I was surprised as well when I found out a few weeks back. We all thought he wouldn't get a promotion since he participated in the boxer rebellion. But I guess he did get promoted along with an iron cross medal to make for it." I said, as I helped my Helga finish the side dishes and place them on the dining table as we sat and prayed for a brief moment before eating.

"Don't play with your food Lina." I scolded lightly.

"Okay, papa." Lina said, eating normally now as I looked at Helga and Helga looked at me and we both smiled as we continued eating.

So far life is going well, but I have the feeling it won't go as planned in the coming future. But for now, my priority is to provide my family the basic needs and roof over their heads. And I'm content and happy to be able to provide for them. I also plan to have another child with Helga since we discussed about it and she agreed since she also wanted a boy, and our daughter would love to be the big sister. 

I laughed on how excited our daughter was by jumping around that she's gonna have a brother, as she was gonna stay with her grandparents for now to give us some privacy. Life works in mysterious ways. It either works with us, or gives us challenges or fucks with us. But here for all of it. I thought as I prepared a baby crib a few months later as my wife confirmed she was pregnant.

February 15th, 1913

Nancy, France

[Jean André's POV] (Industrial worker)

Sometimes I think to myself why am I still slaving away my youth by working in a weapons factory to help make ammunition. Then again I asked for any job and this is where I landed. Either this is a streak of karma, or just plain bad luck. Or just me making poor decisions.

As I was eating my food during break time, my longtime buddy Louis. He greeted me by bumping my shoulder a bit since I would usually be lost in my own thoughts.

"Hey, fancy man. What are you thinking now?"

"A better job than this" I said immediately.

"Still thinking about that? Come on, our pay here is good. Plus, we're helping the army defend themselves against the monster Germans." He enthusiastically said as he ate his favorite bread.

"Isn't that all propaganda?" I questioned it, since I had a German friend who recently had to go home to Germany since his parents answered the call as they wanted my friend to join the German army. But he wasn't happy nor thrilled since he didn't want to join, but had to do it since his parents weren't taking no for an answer. I understood and hugged my friend one last time before seeing him off.

The last time I saw him was a few years ago. We occasionally send letters to say hi and how things are. And I can get the overall situation between my country and theirs, since my friend wrote in great detail on the situation in the German empire, which was awfully similar to ours. If not, a tense atmosphere since at any time now, war could happen and our countries would be killing each other. 

I'd rather not join since I detest war. But I'll most likely be conscripted as well…which leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"Even though it's propaganda, you can't deny, we're defending what is right. Since the Germans are evil, as well as the Austrians."

I just stared at Louis for a good 10 seconds before resuming eating my food.

"I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't agree with that view." I carefully said, since my friend is a bit too fanatical in his views and supports everything the french army does and their blatant propaganda.

"Why not? Surely you don't believe all that German crap that they're spouting on the international radio." Louis looked at me with a suspicious look.

"No. But I don't believe in ours completely either. And to be honest, I would rather not choose a side since I just want to survive and eat and have a roof over my head." I stated my side.

"You're scared of the Germans then? You think our army will be defeated?" Louis finished his food and looked at me with a somewhat furious expression as I grimaced and answered the best I could without antagonizing my friend any further.

"No I'm not, and our army will give them a beating I think. But I think the German army is superior thanks to their Saintess." I pointed out as I tried finishing my food without thinking too much about it.

"Bah! They're Saintess is fake. All propaganda I tell you. And believe me, the Saintess didn't change a thing and was just only spoken about to boost morale. Trust me, you'll see how well they crush the Germans in a few months. No matter how large their army is."

I just stayed silent for a bit since I don't want to stroke my friends ego any longer as I finished my food, and our breaks over as I stood up and headed for work once again.

After about 4 hours passed, I finished my shift and headed to a bar with Louis to relax and maybe cool off a bit since my boss berated us for doing a half ass job as always and showing us the ropes again. At this point, I might join the army if I have to listen to his berating and complaining when he doesn't even do half the work. I grumbled as we entered the bar and sat down on the counter and ordered our drinks.

Just as we were waiting, the radio crackled to life as the bartender adjusted the wheel and landing on the channel that he wanted and listened to what the radio host is talking about 

-hen do you think the Germans are gonna attack us? Probably today, probably tomorrow, or the next week's to come. So ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves for the German onslaught as I have reputable sources that the French army is unprepared and doesn't have enough manpower. BUT! We don't lack the unity and nationalism that will make the Germans fear us! The Germans are no match for our french technology, nor no match for our french hospitality. If they want to invade us, let them! I say, once we win, we can divide Germany into states so that there would be no Germany at all!

"Hahaha I love this radio host" the bartender said

More like, it's a bit extreme to even suggest dismantling Germany entirely… I grimly thought as I drank my beer in silence as everyone in the bar cheered.

The radio host continued that's right, the Germans are weak technologically, as we are ahead of them by decades! We will rule the Germans as Napoleon did! And after the Germans, we will also crush the dutch, and the Russians as well! We will show them the true power of the french!

"Isn't he…half crazy at this point for suggesting these things?" I muttered, clearly flabbergasted at the radio host for making such claims.

"It's normal, at least for this radio host since he's been blabbering pro nationalist claims and bragging about french power." The bartender pitched in his thoughts.

"And he's clearly right in everything! The Germans are the ones who should bow down to us. Once we take Alsace-lorraine back from the clutches of the Germans, we will also take the Rheinland for ourselves!"

Edward exclaimed, as the whole bar cheered for him. 

I just looked at him in horror on what the his compatriots and people are turning into as he feared the worst has yet to come as he silently prayed for his friends future as he just wanted to survive and move on with ife, marry someone, have kids, and die happy.

But clearly with how things are, it's impossible I thought, as a few weeks later, my friend Louis joined the army without hesitation and I just prayed for his safety as I continued my job at the factory, hoping to earn enough money to quit my job and buying a plot of land and just becoming a farmer to earn for a living.

I originally wanted to have a shop that sells food in the city, but with my savings, I couldn't afford it. Plus with the prices soaring, it would be even more of a death sentence for me. Hence I'll just slave away for now until my country forces me to join the army, or to eventually earn enough money to quit, and buy a plot of land to start my very own farm.

February 28th, 1913

Just in the vicinity of Vladivostok Port, Russian Empire

[Society Agent Codenamed "Siberia" and "Spirit" arriving at Kraskino just 222.7 KM (138.379 miles) of Vladivostok]

[3rd Person POV]

"Tell me Spirit, why do we have to escort the photographers along with a ship dedicated to filming?"

"The Führerin, wants to grab some examples or maybe a film of it to showcase and study on how fleet battles work and infantry battles as well." Spirit replied as he was checking the clipboard for any missing filming equipment to be used to study and monitor the Russo Japanese war once again.

"I'm surprised that the Japanese are invading again to take Vladivostok. Aren't they content with having Port Arthur?" Siberia voicing his thoughts to Spirit.

"It's a powermove most likely. The Japanese want to pressure the Tsar into giving up Vladivostok since the Russian navy is basically non-existent on this side. Think about it, once they have Vladivostok, they would have another useful port, and a good leverage against the Chinese and the Americans."

"Mhm. Never thought it that way, then again, I lived in Siberia half my life."

"And I respect you for it. And I'm Ukrainian fighting for my country's independence."

"I'm surprised there's still a resistance to the Russian leadership in annexing Ukraine. I've read about it in a library once."

"Yeah, our history with Russia is old, but full with hateful rivalry that spans centuries. Wouldn't be surprised since the Royal family expunged much of ukraines history off of their libraries and taught kids that Ukraine was part of Russia all along." Spirit, just angrily gripped the rails at the thought of Russia ruining Ukrainian culture. 

"Don't worry, I may be Russian, but I'm with you to hell and back" Siberia patted Spirits back hard, which took Spirit by surprise and shaked his head in amusement.

"Thanks for the support. Now onto business. Both the Japanese and the Russians won't attack neutral ships, specifically ours and we will start our filming when the battle starts."

"And while the film crews are busy doing their jobs, we will head to Manchuria and gather Intel and eventually in korea. We will both work on this as a 2 man cell." Spirit explained.

"And how long will we be here?" Siberia asked

"Depends. Probably in a couple of years until HQ has a new task for us. But for now, our secondary task is to expand our Intel network into Manchuria, and Korea." Spirit concluded the mission brief to Siberia.

"On the contrary, how is the Intel network in China going anyway? Last I heard, they're having trouble with the locals in trying to set up assets there." 

"They had encountered trouble and lost 3 agents in the process. The locals are hard to convince. But compared to eastern china, western china is more tolerant."

"So it's a situation that can't be resolved in a few weeks?"

"No. It will most likely take months for the locals to warm up to us." Spirit said, as they finally docked on Kraskino Port and looked around, then turned around to look at Siberia. 

"Let's go, we have a job to do. Let the filming crew handle themselves. We need to head to the border and set up camp, and see how many troops the Japanese set up."

Spirit also followed up with "also, get your money ready. We may need to bribe a lot of people to get out of a sticky situation."

Siberia nodded, as he double checked everything before getting into the car that they solely rented and drove off to head for the border.

"If we get caught?" 

"Well if we indeed got caught, we play it as normal. But if we're seen as spies, either we fight our way out, or we kill ourselves. And that, my friend, is where we truly say our goodbyes and sing kum ba yah." Spirit, said without any empathy nor any expression on his face.

Siberia laughed at this "we go out with a bang. I like it"

Back in Berlin, Germany

March 9th, 1913

[Erika's POV]

"How is the progress with Farnsworth's family?" I half demanded since it is important that the family moves to Germany and inspire the boy named Philo Farnsworth to make early TVs which I desperately need to spread my propaganda and business brand.

Visha along with the other high members were with me in a highly classified meeting room, waiting for their names to be heard to give actual reports.

"Visha." 

"Yes, meine Führerin. Reports coming from Beaver that the Farnsworth faily are ready to move to Germany at a moment's notice. Their house is already pre purchased by us, and will be monitored at all times. Furthermore, the Farnsworth family will enjoy more benefits to 'entice' them into acquiring German citizenship and permanently staying in Königsburg."

I nodded, good news is a good way to start off things.

"Next, Mr. Werner. How is the improvement of the mines going about? Specifically, the project magnet we were talking about."

Werner stood up for a moment as he grabbed his clipboard and shuffled through it to find the actual report.

After finding it, he stopped to look at me "so far, the progress has been somewhat good Meine Führerin. But we have encountered a problem on how to build a 'gyroscope' that can't be tampered with nor defused once the fuse is lit.our engineers are having problems solving it, and will probably take months to crack."

"Take as long as you need Werner, I want no mistakes, no rushing, and no budget cuts. I want it flawless. Keep me updated on it, as well as the other mines we have been steadily researching on."

"Yes, meine Führerin." Werner sat down and sighed, clearly relieved that the Führerin wasn't mad.

"Next, Mr. dietrich. How is the agriculture sector going? I hope we haven't hit a stagnant point where we lack food." I was worried that we might lack food during the war as it happened in my past life, and I don't want to have a repeat of the epidemic spreading nor lack of food on the front lines.

Dietrich stood up as he adjusted his glasses. "So far, we have exceeded 10% of what we have stockpiled this year, and with new farmland, we can expect the surplus of stockpiles to increase to 25%."

"I want it to be 60% by the next couple of years. Do you understand me? We cannot afford any risks here, all of our people must have at least a decent amount of food in their plates and at least eat 3 times a day. Also, allow fishing to be more active in the atlantic. I don't care how you get the fish, I want it done."

"Yes, meine Führerin. Your will be done and your order will be in effect after a few months."

"Next, Mr. Drake. Status on the newly designed uniforms and helmets?"

Drake stood up at the mention of his name as he grabbed his chin and calculated on how many they could.make within a year and gave a rough number.

"Right now, we have about 270,000 freshly designed uniforms made of cotton, thanks to the cotton farm we have recently plotted out. Additionally, the newly designed helmets are ready handed out this year, numbering 600,000."

"What about winter uniforms?"

Drake shuffled his clipboard to find the number "around 100,000 for now since we aren't prioritizing it for now since we're focusing in completely all uniforms, including the officer uniforms, and navy uniforms and lastly the Luftwaffe ones."

I nodded, satisfied at the report as Drake sat down as I called another name

"Next, Mr. Kurt. Status on our intelligence and spy network?" 

Kurt stood up, fixing his glasses as he grabbed his clipboard and looked at me 

"So far, we have 60% of Germany completely covered along with multiple factions as in just a few decades, we will fully control the underbelly of Germany."

(Referring to the entire black market of Germany and it's it's private networks)

"Additionally, I will also mention the following active agents and missing agents from the following countries."

  • USA: 17 total active agents 2 MIA

  • Dominion of Canada: 5 active agents 1 unaccounted for.

  • Mexico: 3 active agents

  • Netherlands: 32 active agents

  • Belgium: 11 active agents 2 KIA

  • British Empire: 271 active agents 18 MIA 13 KIA

  • France: 381 active agents 27 KIA 19 MIA

  • Russian Empire: 137 active agents 7 KIA 3 MIA

  • Sweden: 77 active agents

  • Norway: 39 active agents 4 KIA

  • Denmark: 9 active agents

  • Spain: 106 active agents 6 MIA 2 KIA

  • Kingdom of Italy: 81 active agents 6 KIA 1 MIA

  • Romania: 45 active agents 4 MIA 3 KIA

  • Brazil: 11 activate agents

  • Argentina 93 activate agents 6 MIA 3 KIA

  • Philippines: 210 activate agents 9 MIA 1 KIA

  • Empire of Japan: 28 activate agents 2 MIA 2 KIA

  • China: 18 active agents

  • British Raj: 55 activate agents 6 KIA 2 MIA

"Those are the ones listed we currently have spread out"

"Increase the number. We need solid information. Not some fake information, and find the MIAs as quickly as possible. And for future agents…train them to take the cyanide pills or shooting themselves. Do you understand me? And change our codes every few days. I know it's a hassle, but keep practicing to change codes until it's second nature."

"Yes, meine Führerin. I'll never fail you." Kurt vowed as he sat down. And finally, I called out another name after checking the clipboard I'm holding.

"Next, Ms. Wilma. How is education improved due to the laws I have proposed and passed to the Reichstag?" I inquired.

Wilma stood up, and adjusted her glasses "so far, the new students are taking it quite contently I might say meine Führerin. And the youth schools you have, has already 20,000 graduated children and are ready to go to 'High School as you stated in the act you've passed."

I nodded. "Continue to give free education, and please tone down the youth schools…" I grumbled a bit to myself, as the youth schools were Victoria's idea. I hope it's not as bad as Hitler youth.  I thought.

But how wrong I am when I found out a decade later, I would have fanatics which either terrifies me, or fascinates me since Victoria has managed to make an even better youth school by gods know what she did.

Wilma nodded "It will be done, Meine Führerin." As she sat down and finally stared at the last one seated.

"And lastly, Mr. meyer. Any latest reports on our weapons to be used for our soldiers?"

Meyer stood up, and fixed his tie and glasses 

"The Erika10 (MP40) has been in full production and will be handed to the new established storm troopers as a field test, along with a new semi automatic shotgun called 'The Curator' as per your orders."

"For the machine guns, we have successfully replicated the proposed designs you have made and have called it the MG12 (MG34) and successfully lasted around 500 rounds continuously before the barrel has to be changed."

Meyer flipped the clipboard again and continued reading his reports aloud to me

"Secondly, the pistol projects we have been developing have been progressing and we have finally developed a more compatible pistol to carry called the Black Hi-Power. (Browning Hi-Power) It's still in the early test phases, but for now we will settle on improving the walther PK and the Mauser, by increasing their magazine size and their reliability."

"And lastly, your request for a long range rifle is still…in the works as we are still working on the current gewehr 98 to further adapt a more reliable, sturdy and can fire more. I deeply apologize meine Führerin."

"It is fine Mr. Meyer, thank you for the report."

"This concludes our meeting for today, and to bring our technological genius, and prowess to the whole world. To show the world that we as Germans can achieve something more than just warfare and killing. I hope you understand what's at stake ladies and gentlemen." I looked at the people before me as they stood up and did the salute 

"""Heil, Victoria!"""

I stood up and answered the salute with my own, as I stopped Visha for a moment to discuss something private.

"Visha I need you to do something for me."

"What is it, Meine Führerin?"

"I want you to gather treasure hunters that are loyal to us, and a lot of ships and men."

"What is their task, meine Führerin?" Visha got a vague idea on what I needed to do with them.

I handed over a map on where the treasure ships were in my mind as I can salvage the gold and jewels that are buried. Although their locations are vague, it's a good starting point to search for those ships.

Additionally, I'll also send a team to Nepal and Tibet to rob the temples of their treasures. No one would care nor miss them after years have passed. So it is a perfect opportunity to do it.

"I also want you to send a tean to Tibet and Nepal to rob the temples."

"It will be done, meine Führerin. Expect the news in a couple of months since I need to prepare them."

I nodded "also, if one of them dares steal the gold. You know what to do." I looked at her, and Visha looked at me and nodded as she got to work.

Meanwhile, I was finishing my paperwork, and finally relaxed before I reminded myself I have to finish the academy fairly soon. It is my last year after all.

Now all we need to do is wait for the Japanese to kickstart their war and I'll start to move my plans forward as well.

And I need to find Leon Trotsky, since he's in hiding, and damn well good at it. The fucker is been avoiding detection so far and I think he's quite paranoid that he already discovered my agents and has now change names and appearance. 

I cursed myself for such a blunder that I will come to regret in the future as Leon Trotsky proved to be such a pain in the ass for me, that even I'm appalled by it, since he's more extreme than Stalin…

Let's hope he's more reasonable than Stalin. But I doubt it, I very heavily doubt it…

Hi! Your friendly author here

Sorry it took so long to update and jeez its been 3 days. To update.

Been busy with real life and brainstorming on how I can progress my chapter. 

The next chapter will be the last academy arc and her graduation so don't worry on that one. And I might start things up by doing the 2nd Russo-japanese war. And this time, it's for Vladivostok. Hope you like my war scenarios if I can make it properly

Sorry if my novels or bad or anything, I'm not aiming to be like popular, nor being like prideful or anything. So it's understandable that people hate my novel for what it is and my wording is all over the place.

So for that, I apologize but in hindsight, to my haters, if you hate my novel, then don't read it. Simple.

Anyways leave any suggestions and advice for me in the comments and I might make it for my next chapter!

Ii appreciate all the support you guys gave me and I'll update when I can since again, real life issues. So my schedule is a bit wack. Much love from me

This is Erika Signing off!

70