Chapter 28 Actions have Consequences
3.3k 9 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

May 13th, 1913

Berlin, Germany

[Visha's POV]

I sat down waiting for the report inside one of my temporary offices that the Führerin has set up for me in the bunker in the Berlin underground.

And to be honest, I'm quite impressed by how wide, ventilated, and even has air conditioning that was solely improved by one of our scientists.

There's even an underground parking and port which amazes me on how far architectural ingenuity has gone so far ahead of its time.

I stared at the blueprints of such a grand project that spans to the entirety of Germany, and can't help but think about the implications and risks if our enemies ever do find it and wrote down some changes without the Führerin's knowing as for safety precautions, the long hallways will have sealed accessways (kinda like jail bars but more thicker and hard to destroy.) And could only be accessed by someone who has the key.

Of course as technology evolves, so is the security of this place. Hence I understood why the Führerin wanted our technology to be ahead of our competitors…no to the entire world since I kind of understood why she was a bit paranoid at times.

Nevertheless, this was the security for now along with adding barracks for the soldiers to stay in, as they'll be called the underground soldiers that will be solely recruited from youth schools to act as guards or soldiers for the underground facilities in the future.

As for the other task of the Führerin, I have sent treasure hunters along with multiple ships and soldiers for reassurance that once we get the treasures, according to the Führerin's map, we can put that into our budget that, again, according to the Führerin is not enough will be added.

And so far, only a few shipwrecks have been found and the extraction of such wealth must be done covertly and secretly to not let the other countries know what we're doing.

For the temples however, we have ran into some issues, but overall successfully lotter some of it as they're labeled as robberies in their local area.

So far, the plan is coming together, but what I'm worried about is that when we arrive there, the treasure would've already been taken.

But the Führerin has assured me that no one has found the treasures yet so I can be reassured. I do wonder why she included the temples though..

As I write down my daily report on the treasure hunt, I do remember that the Führerin once said that raiding these temples would help the society in the long run as from her words "there's a lot of gold and trinkets that won't be missed in the temples that much as they're only used for worshiping purposes. Besides, we need them more than they do, since temple treasure and gold yields more value as shipwrecked treasures. So I am killing two birds with one stone" is what I remembered. And it is a sound plan since it would double our coffers since we're spending quite a lot on our research and the bunker project itself.

A knock disturbed my train of thought as I spoke "you may enter."

An officer who was in the German army entered my office as he saluted the traditional salute since the Führerin was adamant that the Roman salute would only be in her presence but I doubt that would last since the younger generations in the youth schools have already ingrained in their minds of saluting and greeting the Führerin anytime, and anywhere. 

Which terrified me for a bit since I'm still getting used to it, but in time I will. For now I asked the officer why he entered my office.

"What is it, 1st Leutnant Obert?"

"Ma'am, here is the report on the temple smuggling operation."

I grabbed the clipboard and scanned through it as I kept asking about the situation on the smuggling of the treasures.

"How is the situation down there?"

"So far, we have successfully robbed and smuggled 4 temples in Nepal, and 3 in the British Raj. We have already set up a decoy and a fake evidence trail to throw the local police off and put the blame on the British."

"Good. And the situation in Nepal?"

"We have mostly smuggled out the treasure we found, but it would take time to find someone to blame for the robbery since Nepal is a landlocked nation. But we can try to blame it on the Chinese raiders, since they frequent the local Nepal area."

I returned the clipboard to Leutnant Obert and asked "and how much have we robbed and smuggled in total?"

Obert was nervously fixing his tie while clutching the clipboard. "Our authenticator estimated that we have about $182 million dollars in total robbed."

Hearing the figure, I twitched for a bit as the amount, while certainly impressive, it's not enough to meet the goal that the Führerin has set. So I spoke the following orders.

"Finish the temples that you find in Nepal for now and ignore India, I want the shipwreck hunt a priority. Since there's a lot of treasure that's waiting to be found and I don't want another country telling me that we were there to steal it or whatever. Do you understand me? If I do not see a reasonable quota in the next coming months, I will personally make your life a living hell." 

I glared at obert, who nodded quickly as he quickly answered.

"Ye-yes ma'am. We will get it done as quickly as possible."

With that, he saluted again and left my office. I sighed as I thought it's hard to copy the Führerin's attitude when threatening someone. But I can see why she needs to do it to show her point, and to show that she has the power to kill or make someone suffer a fate worse than death compared to dying a quick death, hence she has a lot of loyal followers, including me. I'll gladly follow her, even in the pits of hell if I have to.

I then sat down and resumed writing my report, as I drinked my home made coffee 

"Mhm, I might make this for the Führerin next time…"

Somewhere off the coast of Cartagena, Columbia.

June 16th, 1913

[Reinhart's POV] (Treasure Explorer Hired by the Society)

"You know, I'm starting to doubt the treasure is even here." I said, after continuous searches on the likely spots for the famous shipwreck since we've been here for a few months by now, and I'm starting to feel weary and tired from looking at the ocean all day long.

"It's close, don't worry Reinhart. Besides, we've found some shipwrecks that had treasures in them, remember?" Ritter said, who has been my friend since childhood as we've been together searching for treasures and hunting them for years now, and only until recently we've been hired by the society to find the holy grail of treasures that's been famously spread around on the treasure hunting community.

"I suppose you're right. But the groups before us have also searched and came out empty handed. Is the information accurate anyway?" I pointed out, as I saw 6 ships spread out to cover a large section of the ocean to even find the shipwreck.

"Well, from the information we've gathered, and historians as well, the ship most likely sank here during a very bad storm. So it's most likely here, except it's hard to spot it since it sank 300 years ago. So it's gonna take a long time for us to even find a clue on its whereabouts."

"That is true… let's hope we can-"

I was cut off as another treasure hunter by the name of Sven barged in and shouted.

"WE FOUND IT! THE HOLY GRAIL WE FOUND IT!"

I froze, along with the rest of the crew and the society as they all rushed to the deck and saw one of the ships signaling that they've indeed found the ship.

"Well, what do you know? It's our lucky day." Ritter muttered. As I nodded a bit as our ship was going towards the ship that found it and all of the treasure hunters including our guards all grab their diving equipment along with an oxygen tank and proceeded to dive around the area.

And sure enough, after diving for around 10 minutes, we saw the silhouette of the famous Spanish fleet that sank. I looked at Ritter and signaled with my hands to head inside the shipwreck and ready our harpoon weapons in case there's sharks living in the old ship.

We could try refloating the ships, but it would be too obvious so we have to gather the treasures by hand unfortunately. A slow process, but guarantees success since the society wants it all quiet or else. I realized that when we got to the location and our guards were watching us like a hawk. And I assumed that they're there to see if we will smuggle the found treasures or not. Thank god I'm not that greedy, or I'll face my own end here.

My thoughts were interrupted when we entered the belly of the ship and found a heavily locked door with an old lock. I signaled to Ritter to go to the surface and request a blowtorch.

A few minutes later, he was back with the blowtorch and we proceeded to destroy the lock and with the help of the 4 other men, we pulled the door with all our might as it was heavy as hell.

And sure enough, after opening the heavy door, and shining our light inside, we found heaps of treasures, from gold, to jewelry, to even a fucking throne that's coated with gold.

Who the fuck wanted a throne coated with gold…then again, I don't question the tastes of past kings. Must be odd being one of the Spanish sailors delivering a precious cargo not knowing there's also a throne coated with gold.

We all looked at each other and signaled that a recovery operation has now started once again to gather all of this.

For the heavier ones, we will use a crane to slowly pull it out of the water.

One thing for sure, after all this we are gonna be rich. Providing the society fulfills their end of the bargain with a 10% cut.

Meanwhile the leader of the overall treasure hunting expedition.

[Loring's POV]

"Captain, we have begun excavating and gathering the found treasures as we speak." My assistant spoke, after gathering the usual paperwork for me to handle and sign.

"Good, any problems occurred during the gathering process?" I inquired.

"Only a couple of treasure hunters think they can steal the gold. But we have already taken care of them." My assistant said, with no empathy, no remorse.

"Mhm, Shame. Well, at least the remaining ones will have their pay increased. Continue the gathering process and make sure it's done quietly. I'll handle the Colombian government to look the other way or at least bribe or kill the ones who know about this whole operation."

"Are you sure captain? The Colombian government is known to have a corrupt government."

I Snickered. "Who doesn't know? And besides, we already have leverage against their leader. We already have plenty of ways to remove the current leader in power." I said vaguely, as I smiled since the leader of Columbia has multitudes of scandals and a history of embezzling money. He'll be burned alive by the people if it was ever revealed by the Columbian populace.

"Is there any news from the capital yet?" I inquired once more, while drinking my coffee.

"There is a couple, but the society wants us to completely loot everything here and destroy any evidence of us being here, then move onto another location."

"Mhm our schedule would be tight, but we can make it." Referring to the schedule on which we will stay and depart since the Führerin has tasked us to be as quick as possible, but not missing anything of value.

"Another report that also just came in, pirates have been shadowing us recently near the route we were taking. What's your order?" My assistant said, knowing that my order will be to annihilate them.

"Same as always. And grab a couple of them to be interrogated. It's just my gut feeling, but I feel they've been hired to scout or shadow us."

"You think it's the Americans?"

"Wouldn't surprise me since their policy is to protect everything not European in their side. They see us as an eyesore so to speak or maybe like a bug that can't be crushed." I muttered.

"What if they send someone to inspect us?" My assistant said, worried that the Americans might found out

I silently think about the consequences since there's a chance that they might send patrols or even a warship. 

"If it's indeed the Americans, we need to change our overall plans and move our schedule. We cannot be discovered yet. The Colombian government may know, but we cannot let them alert the Americans. Especially near the Panama canal."

I relayed an order to my assistant "order our spies on the Colombian government to be strict and further threaten or even blackmail them. We must ensure that no information must be leaked."

"For the media, we just have to play the delay game for as long as possible since we cannot fully silence them." 

"As you say, Captain Loring. I'll relay the orders as quickly as possible and fully prioritize our spies to silence the Colombian government." My assistant said, before leaving in a haste as he closed the door.

We got this far thanks to the Führerin..so I hope the goddess of luck is still smiling upon us…  I thought as I drank my hot brewed coffee while staring outside my office window that it was a merchant ship overlooking the excavation process.

June 16, 1913

Vladivostok, Russian Empire

In one of the many military barracks within Vladivostok.

[Alyosha Zaytsev POV] ( Captain of the Garrisoned unit inside Vladivostok)

Fucking weather, fucking orders, fuck everything I mumbled in my own thoughts as I was re organizing once again for my troops for a drill that we must do countless times, it's nearly ingrained in our minds and overtime, boredom and bitterness hit us as we casually or more out, lazily followed the drill. I admit, I'm also getting lazy, but I'm the only enthusiastic and on the rule guy since I've been stationed here for only 2 weeks, and all I can say is, it feels like a fucking demotion since I'm only a captain, yet I command a fucking battalion, nearly close to a regiment which goes to show, not many officers want to be stationed here since it's in the far east, and secondly I realized this all too late, is that everyone here hates the Japanese and the Chinese.

For me, I'm fine with both since I buy food from both sides since there's a Chinese and a japanese vendor near our training area, which I appreciate since it's not food, and it's better than fucking nothing.

"Captain Alyosha! Eating crappy food again?" Gerasim Korolev said, who was another captain himself. I was initially surprised to see a captain as old as him since Gerasim is 52 years old and has a lot of experience.

He even told me once that he liked it here and respected every culture and disliked how the Russian government is doing but orders are orders he says. But he tends to joke around sometimes just like right now.

"Fuck you. (Poshyol ty)" I said, but smiling as he approached me and patted my shoulder and faced the vendor to order his own food as well.

"Nice to see you always enthusiastic and…active Captain Alyosha. I wish many officers here would act like you and we can recover our lost motivation to defend this port."

Hearing his words, I knew he wasn't joking, nor was it a compliment since I felt his honesty and experience speaking as I drank my coffee and ate my food from the vendor and started a conversation with him.

"You think the Japanese are foolish enough to attack Captain Korolev?" I inquired.

"Please, Just Gerasim. We're friends here, and to be honest, we'd crushed the Japanese landwise. But can't say for our navy though. Because between you and me? Our navy already lost the 1st battle between them and us. So I wouldn't count a few ships still remaining to even defend us from bombardment. But we cannot let the Japanese take the port either. So it's gonna be a bloodbath once again." Gerasim grimaced at the thought of it as the last war was bloody..nearly cost them 63,000 lives, only to lose Manchurian influence. What a waste. Gerasim thought.

I nodded as his logic was sound as I couldn't see our navy ever defending our port anymore, but our skies might be another question and the so called subs that were secretly built here and ready to be tested. Although I hated how the captains of these subs are arrogant bastards that think once they're underwater, no one could touch them. And to be honest, I do hope so. But in the back of my mind, I want to see at least one sink to show the fuckers that they can be sunk by any means neccesary.

"Our defenses have been strengthened though." Pointing out one good thing I've seen.

"Yes, Alyosha. But we lack the firepower to fend off the Japanese ever since the tsar moved some of our assets in the west in fear of a German invasion." He sighed. "And honestly, I couldn't blame the tsar, but by god we need it since we're vulnerable at the moment but they promised to send better artillery batteries and more men via the Siberian railway. So it isn't all bad news." He continued to point out one good thing though, which I agreed to somewhat as I continued to eat.

"I just hope that all of them are conscripts." I muttered as I dreaded training fresh troops to learn even the basics of being stationed here.

"I know Alyosha. But hey, you'll make fun of them in the fu-" just as Captain Korolev was about to reply, the sound of a thump could be heard and we both looked at each other and dropped everything we have as we rushed to the barracks and shouted

"GET TO COVER!" Just as I shouted, the entirety of Vladivostok lit up like a Christmas tree as multiple Battleship shells landed near the barracks as I tried to head to the basement to safety as the communications officer was frantically relaying orders an an alert as the ground Shake like an earthquake that's uncontrollable, and the sound so deafening, you can't hear your own voice for a few seconds, since the battleship shells were that close, and they showcased the full power of it.

"This is not a drill! Someone answer! The fucking japanese are bombarding us!"

One communications officer shouted on the radio to the Russian high command.

Meanwhile, I was stuck in the basement like a sitting duck as artillery rained everywhere as I had to wait until it ended as I thought to myself.

Another war, god I hate my existence.  After what seemed like forever when in reality it was only 10 minutes after the barrage ended, I immediately head to the barracks and shouted to relay orders to the men. "GET UP! WE NEED TO DEFEND VLADIVOSTOK MOVE!"

Captain Korolev also likewise did the same for his men and women as they grabbed their weapons and uniform and headed to the defensive positions surrounding Vladivostok as another artillery barrage sounded yet again, and this time, it was more accurate as multiple buildings inside the city exploded as the civilians flee for their lives.

I was angry seeing all of this destruction that was unfolding right before my eyes and cursed the Russian government before relaying my orders to hold our ground and prepare for the assault of the japanese.

After the initial bombardment, the Japanese attacked Kraskino, a town near the border of Korea. The civilians clearly fled as quickly as they could as some of the civilians who couldn't escape were told to stay in their homes or be shot.

Meanwhile, a communications officer from Vladivostok Command got some dire news that Kraskino along with Gvosdevo were under bombardment as well and the defenders request that they retreat as they cannot face such a large force, counting for artillery smashing through the town.

The communication officer pondered deeply for a moment before ordering a full retreat to Vladivostok, and ordering a delay that would slow down the enemy to give time for Vladivostok to hasten its defenses.

Some of the soldiers thought we were low morale, coupled with the defeat that was a bit unbearable, but the soldiers kept facing on as they knew if Vladivostok falls, the entire naval base will be controlled by them, and the access to the Pacific will be cut off.

Yet more bad news hit us, as hour by hour towns keep failing in the hands of the Russians as these past few days we kept fortifying our barracks, as well as setting traps in the city and defenses.

The Japanese army was stopped in slavyanka after 5 days into the war. This gave the army enough breathing room to mobilize and arm able-bodied men in the vicinity to help with the defense, some refused, but most took the rifles and join in the defense of the city.

St. Petersburg, Russian Empire

June 16th, 1913

Inside the Kremlin, 5 hours after the war started 

[Tsar Nicholas II POV]

Fucking nobles, can't they get anything right!? I've been trying to make DUMA succeed but the people demanded more…autonomy and some free rights to things I can't even approve of.

Hell, these peasant revolts have already claimed 15,000 lives these past few years.

I sighed as I grasped my temples in pain as the empire has a lot of problems, and the last thing I want is a war…

Sergei once again knocked my door in due haste as he entered, and rushed to my desk and handed a report that felt like a bomb had gone off in my office.

[Japanese Attack on Vladivostok. Request reinforcements immediately. Emergency. Not a Drill.]

I stared at the report for a good 30 seconds before looking up at Sergei.

"Is this real?"

"It is, your majesty. Just 3 hours ago, the Japanese Empire attacked Kraskino all the way up to Slavyanka."

"How did they get that far? I thought we had garrisons in place IN CASE OF THE JAPANESE INVADING!!" I shouted as veins in my temples were showing. I was royally pissed, since I remembered that I placed 300,000 garrisoned troops within the vicinity of Vladivostok to deter the japanese from invading in the first place.

Even though the Baltic fleet is nearly all gone, we still had experimental planes that we have and submarines, but I doubt it will be effective now but it's better than nothing as I asked Sergei

"Did the additional reinforcements they asked for were delivered?"

"Only half your majesty." Sergei was nervous since the original number for the reinforcements was around 200,000 along with 1,500 new artillery pieces. But due to the time constraint and conflicting schedules, the number was reduced by half, which isn't a problem since Vladivostok can hold Sergei thought to himself.

"Why only half? I thought it was sent as scheduled." I felt a bad headache coming in.

"It..was delayed multiple times your majesty, and the schedule…"

"DONT GIVE ME THAT FUCKING ISSUE!" I pounded my desk in anger, as I shouted, I'm just about done with all the excuses I want something done immediately and ordered.

"order the 5th Flotilla to disembark and sink Japanese ships to reduce the burden on Vladivostok."

"Additionally, send an additional 200,000 with 1,000 more artillery pieces. And I want it done DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME"

Y-yes your majesty. It will be sent right away, but it will take at least a few days for them to arrive."

I pondered for a moment how Vladivostok can hold on since if I remember correctly, some officers who have experience are there.

"Shorten it as quickly as possible. Vladivostok must hold. If it falls, we would have a harder time retaking it. Do not give the Japanese any quarter. Order no prisoners." The japanese are fucking barbarians anyway thinking that they can tupple the Russian empire with their navy and army. 

I can prove them wrong…I can prove to the world that the Russian empire is not dead yet. I know I'm not fit to lead, but by god I can't abandon my people in this dire times.

"also your majesty…the japanese empire sent forward a declaration of war 30 mins ago just after the attack. The reason for the delay is that their printing machine broke." Sergei and I didn't believe it, but they just have to take it to face value as the war has now started to rage near Vladivostok. 

"Just relay my orders. I want the Japanese crushed, you hear me? No mistakes. The world is watching after all." I said, as Sergei immediately left the office to relay my orders immediately.

I would also have to be on the radio to break the news to the Russian people that once again, we are at war…

Meanwhile, near Vladivostok, Spirit and Siberia are watching the battle of Slavyanka unfold before their eyes from a distance.

June 16, 1913

3 hours after the declaration of war.

[3rd person POV]

"It really is fascinating how the Japanese pushed that far to Slavyanka, don't you think?"

"Don't forget our film crews will have to record the battle with their lives on the line. Any news on the flotilla?" Spirit said, referring to the submarines that the Russians had along with their experimental seaplane that was miraculously still in one piece after the naval port was heavily bombarded by Japanese battleships.

"They're still there, but I can already tell that they'll receive orders to attack the Japanese flotilla to deter the bombardment."

"Although I'm rather perplexed as to why the Japanese bombarded Vladivostok first rather than supporting their troops to advance past Slavyanka?" Siberia wondered

"We may never know, but our focus right now is now moving on to the second phase, which is pulling the British in to blame the Japanese and Russians as well."

Spirit looked at his watch and commented "in a few weeks, a few merchant ships by the name of 'The Falcon' and 'Yorktown' will pass on the Pacific ocean near the Philippines to dock and trade. Our mission is to sink both of them and point the blame on both parties. It must be done in with a week apart from each other to avoid suspicion of a third party"

Spirit continued on "in addition, we will also sink our merchant ship to avoid suspicion, as some of the crew will have to be sacrificed for this to pull off.

"A shame, but it's necessary." Serbia commented as he saw an artillery bombardment in Slavyanka yet again as he could hear the thump sound as the film crews beside them filmed it as ordered.

The rest of the film crew however, are monitoring the situation of the submarines and seaplanes of the Russians and to capture useful data to take back to the society and further study and research upon it.

"For now let's watch the fireworks that the japanese are doing right now."

"Isn't this a political disaster for them since they're allied with the British and Americans?" Serbia pointed out that Japan has allies.

"Russia is also allies with Britain, so it's a conflict of interest if you will. The British are playing both sides to gain the most benefit out of this war. Im sure they're shocked that this happened, but they'll snap out of it and think on how to resolve it via diplomacy or just basically robbing them both. It's the British anyway, it's what they do." Spirit concluded his speech, as he drank his beer, staring at the car age of Slavyanka and shaked his head in disappointment.

"Come on Serbia, we have much work to do." Serbia nodded as he followed Spirit to the meeting room to discuss with the film crews and the captains about this war and their mission.

Buckingham Palace, London, British Empire

June 17,1913

8 hours after the declaration of war

[Herbert Henry Asquith's POV] (Prime Minister of Britain)

"Of all the days, it has to be this day…" I grumbled as the news of the war broke out in the east just hours ago and we didn't think much of it until a small problem emerged, and the king called a meeting to discuss if we should send an observer and recall some of our assets that are being stationed in Vladivostok right now.

I think I recall there's at least a few merchant ships still docked there that requested to leave, but were denied by the Russian government. The reason was that the Japanese would attack any ship that came across the sea of Japan. Which was preposterous in itself, in addition to that, the Russians also requested us to help them since they're stretched thin as it is suppressing the revolts that's been slowly spreading inside the Russian empire.

I want to scream in frustration, but it's no use crying over spilled milk as looked at my secretary and asked

"How is the overall situation there right now?"

"So far, the Russians have been holding the Japanese back in Slavyanka. But reports suggest that they will have to retreat fairly soon since they're taking too much casualties."

"So they'll reach Vladivostok fairly soon if Slavyanka falls…" I muttered.

"How many soldiers are in Vladivostok right now?"

My assistant shuffled the papers on his clipboard and found it.

"Around 250,000 Prime Minister."

Hearing the number, I frowned as I asked how many the japanese deployed.

"Around 500,000. Prime Minister."

Are the Japanese insane?

I thought as I scanned through the reports that the merchant ships managed to give us and came to a conclusion that the japanese wants Vladivostok.

I cursed under my breath since if they acquire Vladivostok, they have another major naval base in the Pacific, threatening our relationship with the Russians.

We must not let that happen, as I looked up to my assistant and inquired. "What about the Germans? What was their reaction?"

"From what we've gathered, not much other than they're surprised by the prime minister. Although, we spotted a couple of merchant ships just outside of Vladivostok that are of German origin. Although they haven't docked yet, in fear of being targeted as well."

Mhm, it's a reasonable excuse, but it's suspicious on why they won't dock at all or flee since they're not being targeted by the japanese nor the Russians unless they're plotting something.

"Keep me updated on the situation between Russia and Japan. We may need to intervene if the Japanese take vladivostok.."

And we might need to negotiate terms that are favorable to the Japanese again, since we cannot let them have Vladivostok, and somehow compensate the Russians. I can always use the Royal Navy to threaten the Japanese into submission.

I mentally smirked at that thought, but frowned as the situation in Slavyanka is continuing to worsen as the Russians are holding it fiercely.

I just hope Europe isn't gonna plunge into a war again. I thought as I went back to work reading reports on the Indian Revolts.

Washington D.C USA

June 19th, 1913

2 Days after the declaration of war.

[Woodrow Wilson's POV]

"Tell me why is our merchant ship stuck in a godforsaken place, Wilson?" I said, as I was upset that of all of the places that our merchant ship ended up upon, is in a middle of a fucking war.

"They got lost in the storm, Mr. President, and they had to seek shelter and found the naval base by coincidence and had no choice but to dock there."

I twitched my left eye at these coincidences as it so happens that a war is raging in the area. I quickly grabbed my smoke as I lighted, and exhaled a bit to calm down as I've read the reports that came through a day before. And to be honest, I shouldn't care about it, but an American merchant ship is there, which means, we might get involved in European matters if it's targeted in any way. So I asked.

"Is there any way for them to leave as soon as possible, Wilson?"

"It's not possible as of yet since they need clearance to leave the port."

"I want them out as soon as possible. I don't want any diplomatic incident happening in foreign soil. You understand?"

"Yes, Mr. President, but what if the crew are dead or captured?" Wilson asked

"Negotiate terms to bring them back. We can't risk a war since our policy is still heavily enforced. And if anything happens to them…we might need to negotiate with the Japanese again to settle on better terms."

Woodrow didn't want to lose Japan as a business partner early on since he can see the potential of it growing by the day as their investments were returning in double, sometimes threefold to them and Japan was acting like a small piggy bank for them, ready to be bursted anytime, and collect their earnings, and rinse and repeat.

"And should we do something for the Anti saloon league, Mr President? Its growing popularity worries a lot of people and some of the congress members as well as Wayne Wheeler has a dozen states at his beck and call now."

"Keep him a secondary priority for now, but contain him. We don't want a loose Cannon." I said, as I saw Wayne Wheeler as a chess piece to be used in the future, since his anti alcohol act is honestly harmless to him and wouldn't mind seeing it passed in the future since I am a prohibitionist himself.

Although I occasionally enjoy drinking wine from time to time, and honestly, I couldn't care less as long as Wayne Wheeler is under my thumb.

Berlin, German Empire

June 20th, 1913

4 Days after the declaration of war

[Erika's POV]

Of all the things that the Japanese had to do, it's this one. Did I affect history too much to cause a butterfly effect? No…it can't be, if I did cause changes, it would've shown More frequently by now. Unless I've been ignoring the signs from the beginning..shit..then how much has changed because of me?

As I was debating inside my head for plausible outcomes of this new war, Visha knocked before coming in as I didn't answer her as I was deep in thought.

Visha placed her hand on my shoulder and Shaked it gently to snap me out of my lingering thoughts "oh, Visha…sorry didn't see you there."

"It's okay, Meine Führerin. But we have an issue now that requires your attention."

Hearing it, I groaned "what is it Visha?" Hiding my internal agony from Visha.

"Reports are coming in that half of Slavyanka is already taken by the japanese. Additionally, the British and the Americans want to demand that their merchant ships leave Vladivostok immediately as they don't want no part in this war."

"Expected for the great nations, they're choices are somewhat obvious. How is our asset down there?" Referring to Siberia and Spirit doing the intelligence work.

"So far, they have not been slacking off for one, and the third phase is almost set in motion. We just need for the Russian submarines to move towards the japanese flotilla and ensure that our trap is set."

Visha nodded as the plan outlined that the Russian submarine would sink both American and British merchant ships intentionally or not. No one will know as the blame game will ensue. And in order for Germany to not get blamed, Spirit and Siberia will deliberately sink one of their decoy ships that's disguised as a merchant ship with explosives ready and primed, waiting for the Russian sub to appear and fire multiple torpedoes in succession.

A perfect crime I might say so myself, but it requires timing and we only have one shot at this, and if we succeed, we might fracture the entente more, and force them to be hostile towards each other by pitching the blame back and forth as we watch the drama unfold before us.

One things for sure though is that this will either escalate the war further, or not at all and I'm worried that another butterfly effect will happen yet again since the Archduke Franz is visiting Sarajevo a year earlier. Which doesn't bode well as I even sent multiple agents, and spies to guard the entire perimeter of the visit since I can only vaguely remember where the assassin's were and where they were positioned. So it's better safe than sorry.

"How is Archduchess Sofia Visha?"

"She is…quite unique in a sense, Meine Führerin. And after bonding with her and introducing her to the society, she has agreed to wear body armor. Sadly, she didn't successfully convince Archduke Franz to wear one that's made from us, and preferred to showcase that he didn't need to wear one. But he promised Sofia would wear double layered armor at least, for the time being."

"I see…and you have any idea on who's backing the black hand?" I inquired, knowing the answer.

"It's leading to dead ends, the black hand is not dumb as most people think. But we have reason to suspect that another secretive group in America is funding it."

So it's either the Freemasons, the Illuminati, or the KKK, or something else entirely.

I sighed at the idea of it, since they're the most prominent groups, and even the richest. Even the Rothschild's. God, I can't even compete with them in wealth knowing how deep their connections are. But for now, we need to focus on our goal to prevent Archduchess Sofia's death, since I can't prevent Archduke Franz from dying since it must happen in order for the events to happen as it is.

Nevertheless, no plan survives first contact with the enemy after all and in all honesty, I would rather fight the French than the Russians since if someone takes over like Stalin, it would give me more headaches than it already is. It will be even worse if it's Leon. God I hope I didn't jinx myself.

"Keep the third phase ready and once done, have our liaison from the British side to act as a negotiator for Britain."

"As you wish, Meine Führerin. Should we then put finding Leon Trotsky a secondary priority."

I stopped for a moment, thinking then replied

"For now, yes, our main focus right now is the russo-japanese war that's going on, and the survival of Archduchess Sofia. Additionally, we must put all our focus now on the war effort when Austria-Hungary delivers the ultimatum."

"It will be done, Meine Führerin."

God help us all when war starts, god help us all…

[Just to let you all know where japanese and the Russians are fighting right now, I'll place the town here or it's more like a small city now that I look at it.

Here is the Frontline as of now

Japanese Strength:

500,000 Troops

3 Cruisers

3 Battleships

2 Destroyers

On the Sea of Japan Giving the Russians hell via bombardment

50 Experimental Machine gun mounted on vehicles.

Artillery pieces: 2,500

Logistical Supplies: Somewhat ok

Russian strength:

250,000 Troops with another 400,000 on the way via train may take some time

6 Submarines on the coast of Vladivostok

Artillery pieces: 3,700

18 Sea Planes

Logistical Supplies: Functional but still under stress from enemy bombardment.

Defenses: Holding but Slavyanka is expected to fall in a few weeks. And the next expected targets are 

Bezverkhovo 

Nizynyaya Narva. 

Bith are towns that have light defenses.

Sorry for the super late update guys was busy these past few days. And I'm gonna be more busy since I have applied to entroll to finish my Highschool. Since I didn't pass it and have to do it using ALS (Alternative Learning System) it's like a quick way to finish high school in a legit way. Just have to attend classes.

So you'll be seeing me less often a bit but don't worry I won't abandon this.

Now onto this chapter, looks like the Russians are having a beating and I plan to have the battle of Vladivostok as epic as possible I hope and dwelve into politics a bit more.

Additionally, I need some help on how to well, have Lenin outsmart Stalin since I've read that Stalin along with the others kicked Lenin in a smart way so I need help in that part if you guys are free.

I also need to know how to accelerate the saloon leagues plans since Wayne Wheelers policy was put into effect in 1923. But I want to see it in maybe 1918 or 1920 preferably. Any help is appreciated!

And I'm open for suggestions and advices as always 

And sadly the next chapter will take a while to finish but I'll deliver! 

And this is now Erika Signing off to work my ass off once again lol

62