Chapter 62: Heart me
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 62: Heart me

The perfect date turns into something that is the stuff of more than one embarrassing tale…

Oh, how I miss all the modern comforts. If I ever find whoever did in the demon lord, Antony, I will throw them in a dungeon! What is the point of being a king, if I can't even watch a sitcom?

Yes, it is me, Allyn. In a workshop. Trying to figure out how electricity works. So far, I am at a loss. There are so many things we, the people of Florifel and those outside of it, took for granted. It is just silly.

I can see that Ares is lingering in the doorway. I wave him over.

"Hey, war god. Do you have any idea how the telephone works?" I ask him, and he snorts.

"I am as lost as you. Listen, you can bang metal sticks all you want, but you are getting as pale as a ghost. I think you and I need to go out on a date," with that, my husband comes to me, and pulls me out of my chair. I huff at him, but he doesn't seem to mind.

"I really wanted to listen to some songs," I am yet to let go of the two rods, which, indeed, I have been bashing together. Trying to get even a single spark out of them.

"Well, I hear that the tavern has a competent bard," Ares, as someone who has lived a long time without modern comforts, doesn't seem as bothered about the fact that we are back to what I lovingly like to call: The Dark Ages.

"Why don't you go alone?" I go back to bashing my rods. He chuckles.

"Come now, Allyn. We have been married for how long?" He sounds amused enough. Doesn't he know that I need to see what happens to Amanda? Does she go back to being with Rodrigo? Or, does Zachary come back in the picture?

Sure, I can watch The Autumn of our Lives in the theater, but it is not the same. It is almost like, when the switch was turned, people forgot all about the fact that women could be actresses as well. If I see another man, wearing a dress without shaving his beard beforehand, I think I will throw a tantrum.

If they want to be drag queens, they better go all out, darn it!

I feel hands wrap around my middle, and am lifted from my chair.

"A Hero of Ultimate Fate will come along, and bring you all of your toys back. Now, let us go to the tavern," Ares shifts me in his arms, and then carries me out of my workshop, princess style.

For some reason, he is in his leather get up tonight. In contract, I am in a sweater and dress pants. My glasses, something that we had long before Antony, rest on the bridge of my nose.

I hate to admit it, but these days, I can't see without them. Immortality can do much, but apparently, it can't do shit about your eyesight.

"Stop that," Ares pokes me on the nose. I scrunch up said nose at him. "I don't like it when you curse in your mind."

"You don't like it when I curse outside of it, too," I say. Before Ares, I was quite the cynic. But he helped me deal with a lot of my issues. That said, occasionally, some cursing still slips from my lips.

"King Allyn, the vanquisher of demons, has a potty mouth," he sings at me, and I blush.

"Don't sing that song," I whine, begging him to have mercy.

"A potty mouth, which he wraps around," I silence him with a kiss. I hate it when he sings that song. When we break apart, he licks my lips, and then nods at someone.

With a mortified stare, I watch, as a servant giggles, and then rushes away. Great, now everyone will know what I do with my husband.

"You are such a prude, Allyn," Ares teases, and I scoff at him.

"And you are a man-whore," which, after hearing some of the stories he told me about his life on Earth, is not so far off the mark.

"Allyn, darling, you are my best friend. So, I will pretend that you didn't say that last word," he jostles me in the air, and catches me effortlessly. No matter how much I squirm in his hold, he doesn't let go of me.

I bury my face in his vest clad chest, as I hear the giggles. He carries me from the castle, to the tavern. When we finally enter, he places me down on the ground. I have to catch myself from falling when I hear it.

"Happy Birthday!" The roar of the crowd is deafening. I blink up at Ares.

"You have a birthday today?" I ask him. He smirks.

"No, silly. You have a birthday today. And so, I think you deserve a show," he leads me to the middle of the tavern, and then makes me sit on a chair.

"Ares, please, we have an image to uphold," just what does he want? Knowing him, it won't be something I will be able to repeat in polite company.

"Roll the music!" He says, and the bard begins a slow and sensual ballad. Which is a stark contrast to the lap dance, which Ares proceeded to give me.

Happy birthday to me. Just how am I going to look in the eye, my fellow kings and queens, during the next world meeting? I just hope that Dorian and Alek don't get a wind of this.

Still, it was kinky…

Mm, and the vest goes off.

Allyn will get a nickname after that outing. The birthday boy. Kings and Queens would speak it behind closed doors, as they go about doing their acts of debauchery.

In the months to follow, lap dances became the new kink. No one can say that Ares is not a trend setter. In a world which was robbed by all modern comforts, a war god brings back something to ignite the mind.  

 

1