CH1.1: The Hentai Barbarian
397 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hours of scrolling through AI apps for the diamond in the rough, Vincent found one covered in waifus. For once, he was sure he would get what he needed. All the other apps had ludicrous censors that ruined all the fun in the world. What would life be without fun and waifus?

The second he clicked on the app, his phone froze. He imagined the dreaded FBI warning would appear, and he would be seconds away from being swatted. But Vincent knew uncensored content was too good to be true.

"Are you tired of living in a boring world without the power to make a difference?" A message said.

This wasn't happening; Vincent had enough problems with the IRS and their made-up bills. A swat would be the cherry on top of his shit Sunday.

"You can receive all the power you want if you earn it."

He raced to pull the back of his phone and turn it off. When that didn't work, he threw it against the wall. It bounced, and he saw the screen.

"Welcome to the challenge system."

"This has to be a honey trap. You're an FBI nark trying to get me. I won't be easy prey for you lizard people masters." Vincent said.

"No masters, only those who can meet challenges and those who fall short. All you need to succeed is will."

Challenge 1 Time limit 1 hour.

Complete 100 pushups

Reward: 1 C Red Pill: Red Pills raise physical strength and blood flow. Take enough, and you'll punch out the gods themselves.

Complete 100 Squats

Reward: 1 C Blue Pill: Blue Pills raise speed and lung capacity. Take enough, and death won't catch you.

Complete 1 km run

Reward: 1 C Green Pill: Green Pills raise cellular regeneration and life span. Take enough, and you will walk the Earth long enough to see the sun go supernova.

Vincent stared at the girls on the app and back to the challenge.

"What does any of this have to do with girls?" Vincent asked.

"They were a honey trap." The Message seemed smug. "What the app doesn't provide power can take care of the rest." The Message said.

"What if I don't believe you?" Vincent asked.

"Tick-tock, your time is ticking away. Can you afford to discard this chance?" The Message said.

He threw the phone against the wall and started on the pushups. Vincent wanted to believe. That was the truth of the matter; he wanted power. No more letting life happen to him; he would be active.

Vincent felt his asthma acting up before he finished his squats. He was hauling ass, but at 30, he wasn't in the best shape anymore. Would he make it? A spy drone could live-stream him from a window for all he knew. His heart pounded in his chest after he reached his 100th squat. He pushed his body until it was everything he could do to finish the first two. The run was the most important. He needed more life and healing.

A voice spoke from his phone. "Only winners get the girls. Can you run 1km?" He knew it was messing with him, but it was right. If Vincent wanted to stop living alone, he needed to run.

He threw himself out the door and forgot his shoes. It was raining, and flashbacks of the last time he ran barefoot on asphalt hit him, but there was no time. He jumped off his porch into the hot summer rain, ignored the sharp rocks digging into his feet, and ran. Vincent felt the heavy phone in his ball shorts swing like a pendulum while he hauled ass.

Nothing would stop him from getting power and then the waifus. He felt the wind brush by him and stopped before a truck hit him. A spasm traveled down his left arm while his heart hammered against his chest. That was too close; he was almost killed.

"Tick Tock," the voice called, and he ran.

His side cramped almost immediately from his earlier coffee, slowing him down. Bits of rock stung his feet while the rain soaked him to the bone. Somehow his phone wasn't bothered. Whatever app he downloaded had changed his phone.

Vincent's home vanished behind him as he ran by empty pastures. Horses that once made the land more beautiful were gone. Symbols of his childhood were lost, and he continued to work dead-end entry jobs. He was in a position he never wanted to be in, but it felt like he was stuck and didn't have the will to escape. Those thoughts fueled his every step, and a glimmer of hope was enough to get him out of his house and running.

It could all be a lie, but he hoped it wasn't. Before he knew it, Vincent stopped by the new dollar general. The corpse of a deer missing its genitals gave a sick odor after the rain. Biting flies chased him as he made his way the last few yards to the store. His phone buzzed when he crossed into the store.

"Welcome to Dollar General." An employee said with more false cheer than Vincent ever felt. "Guess I will get the wet floor sign." The cashier muttered.

Vincent pulled out his phone, and a bombastic elf with big eyes and a round personality jumped up and down with very little fabric.

"Would you like to watch an ad and double your income?" A message read.

"Sure," Alien pyramids filled the screen, and godlike jackals, anthropomorphic and naked, consumed humans. Bullets bounced off them in an Egyptian-themed attack on Titan raid. Treasure chests of uncommon pills filled the screen. The screen told him to send an email through the mercenary forum to open the gluttony gate.

"It is a good offer; few who reach such powerful worlds can take on their incredible challenges." The Message said.

"Nice try. I know a honey pot when I see one." Vincent said.

"Studies show that most humans jump at the opportunity when they see the prizes." Vincent hit claim on his phone, and six pills appeared. He bought a Moka monster energy drink, his favorite drink, and downed the pills. "Congratulations on taking your first challenge and enjoying your rewards. Be sure to take one pill at a time with water for the best results." The Message said.

"What happens when I take too many?" Vincent asked.

"You explode." The Message said.

He froze, feeling his stomach gurgle. Vincent pushed against the pain in his side and hoped he wouldn't die at a dollar general.

"How else would you like to die?"

"Watching hentai." Vincent made his way to the bathroom. Unfortunately, he forgot his earphones, so he would have to spank his monkey in a dollar general bathroom with the hentai on loud.

8