1. A strange feeling
170 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kiryin sat at his desk, staring at the blank sheet of paper in front of him. He had been trying to write down the details of his latest vision, but the words wouldn't come. It was as if his mind was a jumbled mess, with bits and pieces of information scattered throughout.

"I can't even focus enough to put words on paper. I don't understand what in the world happened that day."

He sighed, rubbing his temples in frustration. This had been going on for weeks now, ever since the incident.

A few weeks ago...

Kiryin had always been fascinated by the ancient ruins of Angkor Wat. As a young Cambodian man, he had grown up hearing stories about the magnificent temple complex and its hidden passages and secret rooms. So when he finally had the opportunity to visit Angkor Wat for himself, he jumped at the chance.

Kiryin was a bit of a loner, preferring to spend his time exploring the world on his own rather than joining groups of tourists or going on organized tours. So when he decided to visit Angkor Wat, he knew that he wanted to do it his own way. He arrived in Siem Reap early in the morning and set off on his own, determined to see everything that the temple complex had to offer.

At first, Kiryin was content to follow the guided tour of the main temples with other tourists, marveling at the ancient architecture and taking in the sights and sounds of the busy tourist destination. But as the day wore on, he found himself getting a bit restless. He had always been drawn to hidden corners and hidden passages, and he couldn't resist the urge to explore a little deeper. As he wandered deeper into the temple, he lost track of time and became completely engrossed in exploring every nook and cranny. Before he knew it, he had somehow managed to get separated from the rest of the tourist group.

At first, he was a little worried about being alone in structures built hundreds of years ago, but he soon found that he was actually enjoying the solitude. He felt free to explore at his own pace and take in all the sights and sounds without anyone else distracting him.

As he made his way through the dense jungle that surrounded the temples, Kiryin spotted something that caught his eye - a passageway hidden behind a dense curtain of overgrown creeping plants. He felt an ominous premonition when he moved towards the passage. But despite his survival instincts prohibiting him from entering, he pushed his way through the vines and found himself in a dark, narrow tunnel that seemed to lead deep into the bowels of the temple complex.

As he made his way through the dark, damp  winding tunnel, Kiryin felt a growing sense of excitement. His heart was beating erratically and he felt a sense of foreboding. He had no idea where the passage would lead, but he was determined to find out. After a few minutes of careful walking, he emerged into a small cavern dimly lit by sunlight filtering through the cracks and crevices of the dome shaped roof.

In the center of the room, Kiryin saw a strange object that he had never seen before. It was a large, glowing crystal that seemed to pulsate with some otherworldly energy. The inside of the crystal seemed to swirl with images of a violent tempest.

The storm inside the crystal was a force to be reckoned with. The lightning seemed to dance and snap, illuminating the turbulent clouds that swirled around it. The rain pounded against the surface of the crystal, as if trying to break through to the other side.

But it was the tornadoes that really captured the attention. They twisted and turned, whipping inside the crystal with a ferocity that seemed almost alive. They seemed to be fueled by the volcanic eruptions that spewed ash and lava.

Despite the chaos and destruction within the crystal, there was a sense of awe and wonder as well. It was as if the storm was a living, breathing entity, full of power and energy. Despite the fact that he had never seen such a thing before, Kiryin was overcome with a strong impulse to touch the crystal.

Almost as if he was being compelled to, he reached out and placed his hand on the crystal. As soon as he made contact, a blinding flash of light filled the room and Kiryin felt himself being pulled into a swirling vortex of energy. He passed out for a couple of hours, and when he came to, he was lying in the dense jungle outside the premises of the temple complex.

Confused and disoriented, Kiryin tried to get to his feet and figure out what had just happened. As he looked around, he realized that he was no longer inside Angkor Wat premises.

Panicked, Kiryin stumbled through the dense underbrush, searching for any sign of civilization. He steeled his resolve and tried to think logically. He found out where exactly he was by climbing a tree and figuring out the general direction towards the temple.

As the sun began to set, Kiryin heard the sounds of civilization nearby. He was completely exhausted by then and passed out again outside the main gate of the complex.

A group of tourists had found him unconscious and called for help. Kiryin was taken to the nearest hospital, where he was treated for dehydration and exhaustion. As he recovered, he couldn't shake the feeling that the crystal had somehow changed him. He knew that he would never be the same again.

Angkor Wat General Hospital, Siem Reap

Kiryin slowly opened his eyes, feeling disoriented and confused. He looked around the sterile hospital room, trying to remember how he had gotten there. As he came to, he saw glimpses of a fantastical world that seems to exist just beyond the edges of his consciousness. The colors of this world are vibrant and rich, with lush green forests and sparkling blue rivers. The air is filled with the sound of strange birds singing and the rustling of leaves in the breeze. He started to see strange, otherworldly creatures dancing around the room. They were shimmering and translucent, with wings and horns and glowing eyes. The hallucinations seem to phase in and out, sometimes becoming more vivid and real, and other times fading away into the background.

Kiryin tried to shake his head and clear the visions, but they seemed to be getting stronger. He knew that if he told the doctors about his hallucinations, they would likely put him in the psychiatric ward. So he kept quiet, trying to convince himself that it was just a side effect of whatever medication they had given him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, hoping that the hallucinations would soon fade away.

A few weeks later..

He kept thinking about that fateful day. He tried to recollect what he exactly felt before he passed out. The feeling that had overcome him at that moment was unlike anything he had ever experienced before, and since then, he had been plagued by vivid, almost hallucinatory visions.

At first, he had tried to ignore them. But the visions only grew more intense, more frequent, until they were interfering with his day-to-day life. He found it difficult to concentrate, as he was randomly being pulled into the magical world of his visions which he had to fight hard to bring his consciousness back to reality. This led to a decrease in productivity and profits for his business.

Additionally, Kiryin's personality was greatly affected by his visions. He became more introverted and distant from his friends and family, as he was preoccupied with visions. He also became more anxious and agitated, as he struggled to make sense of the visions and their visions.

He had gone to see several doctors, but none of them could come up with a diagnosis. They ran a battery of tests, but the results were always inconclusive. It was as if whatever was happening to him was beyond their understanding.

Kiryin was starting to get desperate. He didn't want to believe that he was going crazy, but the evidence seemed to be mounting against him. His parents, who had never approved of his decision to start his own business, were growing increasingly concerned. They had even suggested that he seek out a spiritual healer, but Kiryin was not convinced that was not the answer but he eventually, out of desperation, decided to give it a try.

As he sat across from the healer, he listened intently as the man suggested that he try writing down what he was seeing. Kiryin wasn't sure if this would help, but he was willing to try anything at this point. The healer handed him a pen and paper, and Kiryin tried to jot down his thoughts.

Present Day

Kiryin sat at his desk, staring blankly at the blank piece of paper in front of him. He knew he was supposed to be writing down what he was hallucinating, but his mind just wouldn't focus. Every time he tried to concentrate, his thoughts would wander and he'd find himself lost in a sea of confusing, disjointed images.

He felt frustrated and tired, like he had been fighting a losing battle for far too long. He had always been a strong-willed person, but lately it seemed like everything was working against him. He just couldn't shake the feeling that he was losing his mind.

As the minutes ticked by, Kiryin's frustration grew. He knew he had to do something, but he just didn't know what. He felt trapped, like he was stuck in some sort of never-ending nightmare.

Finally, he couldn't take it anymore. He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh, completely surrendering to the visions that seemed to be consuming him. He stopped resisting and allowed himself to be completely immersed in the hallucination.

As he surrendered to the visions, Kiryin felt a sense of peace wash over him. It was like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders, and for the first time in weeks, he could think clearly. He took a deep, calming breath, feeling a sense of hope and optimism wash over him. Perhaps there was a way out of this darkness after all.

If an observer were present in Kiryin's home office, they would have witnessed a strange and surreal sight. Kiryin's body would have appeared to slowly become translucent and iridescent as finally he completely disappeared from the room.

9