4.First day in University
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      After breakfast, I locked all doors and hurried to my university. Today  I decided not to take the main avenue instead I took a shortcut which has a narrow road and a relatively empty street, It was quiet, and from the corner of my eye, I could see a big cat-like shadow sitting there and staring at me. Suddenly the street went silent as if everyone there never existed, I feel like I am sinking into the cement of the footpath. Its presence is getting stronger and stronger, My legs feel like they are paralyzed.

      From the corner of my eye, I could feel it moving toward me, Overcome by fear I instinctively look at it and there was.... nothing there, The street seemed empty and silent until now filled with the hustle and bustle of people. I calm myself by breathing slowly, after I am relaxed enough to walk I slowly continue to walk toward my university. 

      I made it here 5 minutes early and I make my way to my lecture gallery 1 which is still open, Inside it many students are sitting according to the numbers given. For me, it was on the first row and first column. There are 20 rows with 4 columns each column has large benches arranged in rows, and each bench has room for three people to sit. Two columns on the right for boys and the other two for girls. Without any further ado, I reach my place.

      "Hi, I am your neighbor my name is Suzuki Akira, you can call me Akira" He is around my height and is thin, and looks reserved. 

      "Hi, I am Kazuki Hoshino, you can call me Kazuki"

      After I introduced myself suddenly the guy beside him says "Hey, Kazuki we met yesterday right, it's surprising to think we are going to be sitting beside each other" This person unlike Akira, looks very outgoing type, he has a moderate build and long hair which covers his ears and also it seems that he was one of the guys I met yesterday I try to remember his name.

      ..

      ..

      ..

      I can't remember his name. While I was thinking about how should I manage he says "Nice to meet you too Akira, I am Takahashi Kenji, you both can call me Kenji" That saves me the embarrassment of not knowing his name when he remembers mine. I never really liked outgoing people because every time I meet them it's always almost a bad experience but that does not mean that I hate them after all, everyone is different so I must give them a chance instead of shutting myself off from them. He then goes on to talk with the people behind us, I don't get how they remain so social. I decided that I am not going to do that since it was too much for me. Fortunately, before I got roped into their conversation the lecturer arrived here and we sat through the introductory class.

      It's finally lunch break Kenji invited me to eat in the classroom but I refused him by explaining that I didn't bring my lunch as today I wanted to try eating in the cafeteria. I look at the cafeteria menu and decided to go with rice and curry. I choose the place which has the least number of people, I took a seat on the empty bench and have my lunch there. I didn't sit all alone since that would put me on the spot and not too close to anyone just the proper distance. Thankfully, lunch break went well without anyone reaching out to me. I get up and leave the cafeteria to my classroom 

      When I enter the classroom Kenji and the others finished lunch and were talking with each other, Rather than go there I sit at my place because it will hurt. I know that I am exaggerating things but I can't shake off the feeling that it's going to hurt even if I know it won't. The bell snaps me out of these thoughts and brings me back to reality. Everyone started to move to their seats, Kenji asks me" Kazuki you should have come to us when you returned to the class, you would have made friends with them instead of being alone" to which I say "Yes next time I will try to do that" he says "You should". I may not want to join but I just can't say no to his face and hurt him, my involvement with others will always bring suffering to others and myself so that's the whole reason I decided to live alone, I don't want to hurt myself or someone else.

      After the class, It's finally time to go home, I pack my bag and before leaving I check a couple of times if I missed anything. Kenji, Akira, and I were going to the gate together we were talking about how the first day of our university went, though I say 'we' it's just the two of them talking and me walking beside them. Kenji suddenly says "Hey Kazuki why are you being a loner man, you should interact with us more." to which I reply with "I will try my best to do that" Honestly now that I think about it I sound like a broken record since this type of conversation always ends this way.

      Fortunately, we reached the gate, they go opposite sides to my home, so we part ways there. On my way home I took the main avenue considering what happened today morning. Unlike the shortcut, the main avenue is full of people and vehicles. A large truck is headed towards me I could by bones shatter my blood spilled everywhere footpath which was white until now is filled with blood flowing from my body. I wanted to screen and suddenly it all disappeared. This is why I tried to avoid the main avenue because every time a vehicle passes me I always see this grotesque scene, now the intensity of fear is reduced because after seeing it over and over I probably got used to it. I reach my home, take a bath and change into pajamas.

      Today I am going to use the electric stove to cook, I am going to make my favorite dish egg fried rice, you might think it's so simple but it is my actual first time cooking it so it's hard to get it right. I don't have a day-old rice since I forgot to prepare it today but I'll try to compromise on that. I get all the things required to prepare it and of course my dear companion Timmy. I make freshly cooked rice, prepare scrambled eggs, chop beans, carrots, and onions, and no capsicum because I don't like it, they should be illegal to grow, ewww, imagining how it tastes is a nightmare by itself. I saute them and add rice, salt, and soy sauce and mix it well, finally garnish them with spring onions.

      Finally, it's done. "let's eat" Mmmmm it tastes good! I am not gonna give you any Timmy because you are a statue and statues don't eat. I finish my meal, feeling satisfied I wash my hands and store the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow morning. I call my parents and tell them how my first day went, later I studied the basics from my textbooks by the time I was done the clock shows it was 10 pm. I set my futon and lay on it. "Good night Timmy" Surprisingly I didn't see Yu today, well that's for the best. Today was a good day nothing special nor it was out of the ordinary hoping that tomorrow will be the same I go to sleep.

0