Chapter 4 – Well Ended Transaction
126 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Beep … *Beep … *Beep

‘Hah,’ Aunt Linda, ‘I still remember the time when she spanked me so hard my butt ended up all red, and all of that because I took a few cookies from the kitchen back home.’

When the scene played in my mind, can’t help myself but to smile, ‘Haa… if only I can get her recipe or something. Those are one hell of a cookie, but it also made my head a bit cloudy.’

I wonder what she put in it to make it so addicting. But anyway, I'm sure she’ll help me with my money problem. She always is.

[No!] said the voice on the phone.

“B-Buh, Aunt Linda!”

[I said no]

[Goodness, it’s not even a week since you left, Siola! After you disgrace the name of our family and now, you're asking us for money?]

“N-No, Auntie. I’m not asking for the family’s money, j-just yuwww. I don’t want to owe anything to those bas– I mean, awful people.”

[Was that…]

“Th-The point is, I really need that money, Auntie. Please…”

[…]

‘That was a close one, but guhh, she really said no! What do I do?! It seems that I got no choice but to do THAT after all.’

Cute Damsel in Distress Mode Activated, “Auntie… please, I really need it. Just one last time, I promise I’ll do anything you ask. Can you please help me? I promise I will return it later.”

[Humph! Siola, that was exactly what I heard from you last time, and guess what, you still have not returned a single digit from the last time I gave you that money]

Guh, I took phantom damage. It felt like I was being punched right in the gut.

“Th-That was… well…” stuttering as I tried to give a good answer.

‘Damn it! How could I forget that I still have some debts to her? Guh, and I even lost those because grandpa found out about the money I borrowed, and he didn’t even return it to Aunt Linda even though I was the one who borrowed it! He stole it from me! A Mithra! Stealing!’

[When your mother not giving you things, you always turn to me. What am I, your backup storage or something? Your banks? Should I remind you that…]

Well, it’s true but I treat Auntie as my savior. The one who rescued me from the depth of poorness and sadness, my beacon of hope where the glittering green paper lies. And so, I got caught by the binding spell [Lectures of Aunt Linda] and I have not prepared a countermeasure from it.

Several moments later.

[… and that is why you should think before you act, missy!]

“Uwu…”

[Obwuwuhwuh!]

I feel like I just came 5 times. So tired after getting trapped by her spell, the lectures. I can only sigh, “Yes, Auntie. I understand.”

Lifeless.

[Humph! Good. Failure is a good lesson for anyone who seeks success but that doesn’t mean you should be on the low side all the time, Siola. I will transfer the money, but remember… This is the last one, princess]

My eyes glittered right after hearing the sound of that beautiful voice… and words, “Yes, Auntie!! Oh my gaaahd! Thwanyu swho muwch!!’ clenching my fist tightly in blissful joy.

[Wu sho wewcom, dear]

“Mnyumnyum wuv u sho mwuch, Auntie.”

[Mhm. Alright, alright. I'll be hanging up now, do take care of yourself, Siola]

“Yes, Auntie, I will. Goodbye!”

Upon hearing the phone beep, I hung up and quickly punched the air a few times, “Hell yeah!!’ then returned the phone to the Merchant.

“Quite the interesting exchange. Do forgive me for… eavesdropping?”

“Ehehe, it’s okay.”

*Crack *Crack *Crushed

Flinched at the man twisting the phone in half. That made shocked me a bit, but now I know it’s a burner phone, I feel like I owe him more than I expected.

Our eyes met. He then said, “Mere $50 and change. You don’t have to return them.”

“No, I’ll give them back for sure,” after all, ‘I just asked for a hundred K from Aunt Linda.’

He nodded, “Suit yourself.”

I only smiled.

“Yo, MC! That your kid?”

A loud one suddenly came. A tall muscular guy with tattoos all over his body. The form is impressive but I can tell it’s not a natural one.

“Malek.”

With a big smile on his face, “Damn, she’s fine. Ya might wanna have some blade in your back pocket, girl, cause this town ain’t as pretty as you.”

“Uh… huh.”

Smooth, but I don’t like it.

“Here, take this. A little gift from the ol’ me.”

“Ahh.”

‘Shit, just when I made up my mind about him. Now I felt bad,’ flustered, I clarify, “B-But I’m not really his daughter or anything. I was just… a customer, is all.”

“Oh? Business, eh. Well, whatever, just take it. Mine has been slow lately, wouldn’t mind takin' one off the clearance. Right, let me teach you how to roll with it.”

9mm handgun, the appearance is sleek and compact.

“Glock 45.”

“Ohh? Ya know your stuff, girl.”

“Well truth is, I already know how to use a gun so…”

“Oh? Let’s go! Here then, see that guy over there,” pointing at the back, “I want one of that bullets to go straight up his ass.”

He gave me a suppressor. I was quite taken aback by it, but thinking after the incident just a while back, I didn’t question nor do I refuse it. It’s something that would definitely be useful if I were to be in a sticky situation.

*Clack*

This gun is actually loaded. He actually gave me a fully loaded gun. This Malek whatever pointed at the guy busy assembling some armaments, minding his own business until the next moment.

*Phyuushtt*

His head tilted backwards, “Guoooooooh!!!”

I doubt it did any real damage since his body looks to be augmented.

“Bwahahaha, now that’s what I’m talkin' about! Ya might even be a sharpshooter if ya were in the army, girl. Aight, you can keep that thing too. Double gift from me. Though, if ya want more of those bullets, my shop's always around.”

I nodded, “Thank you.”

Quite nerve-wracking that I got a gun from a stranger, but when I look at the Merchant nodding at me. Maybe it's a good choice to keep it. The guy doesn't seem to be that bad anyway.

***

Siola left the sight of both the merchant and the man who gave her a firearm, and that’s when the atmosphere changed as Malek’s eyes became weary. He asked, “Was it really her?”

“Hmm…”

The merchant only grunted at his question, and then his phone beeped. Receiving a message from a local bank stating that $100.000.000 has been received.

“Uncertain.”

“Don’t play dumb with me. You better tell me or I will-”

*Clack *Clack *Clasp

The people around, from store owners to buyers, started to surround Malek and his assistant, each wielding their own weapons. The only exception is Malek’s partner who is dumbstruck by what is happening, “Um, B-Boss?”

Looking at the merchant’s eye. The way his vein gets closer to his iris brought chills down Malek’s spine. The merchant asked to clarify, grunting in a deep voice, “You will what?”

Malek’s expression hardened.

Another message to the Merchant, another bill has been received, $400.000.000.

“Hmph. 15%, only her name matches with the registry.”

“That tells me nothing.”

“Is it?”

His face turns ugly. Grinding his teeth looking at the road Siola has walked, his fist clenches tightly as his eyes narrow down to a slit. He mumbled, “Just you wait… Mithra.”

6