Chapter 16 – Big Toad
75 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever seen an undead frog? Back in the day, I used to get jumped by a regular one whether it was big or small, reality or not, they always got me. Now we’re talking about a dread-looking thing with its skin peeled off and decayed blood all over its body. Eyes as white as a dead fish. Visible bones from each of its limbs. There are 6 of them coming my way.

I slide beneath one when it lunges at me. And just as quickly, I activated one of the skills I have recently obtained. A spark of embers appear at the palm of my hand, and my mouth moved on its own, mumbling, “Combustion.”

*Bwoosh*

A flame ignited from these embers, briefly engulfing the undead frog as it flew past me.

{200}

An undead has two major weaknesses. One is a light attribute and the other is fire. If hits with any magic from those two, it can deal twice to 4x damage depending on the undead’s resistance. And these frog creatures have the lowest resistance second only to a bare skeleton.

[Combustion (Skill) / Tier 1 – Basic / Fire / Conjure a spark of ember on the caster’s hand to be ignited in explosion / Cooldown: 5 Seconds / Costs: 20 Mana]

I regained my foothold and ignore that dwindling frog. Three in the front, two on my sides. My boots slide and my body up front. The two frogs launch themselves at me but quickly, I raised my left hand, conjuring the [Wall of Stone].

*BOOM*

Blocking their path leaves me a few seconds to catch my breath. I took the axe out of my [Inventory] but suddenly, the other two frogs avoided my wall and readied themselves to lunge toward me. Quickly I activated [Wall of Stone] again, but instead of weighing my arm, my leg moves on its own, raising it as I see the frogs launching themselves again. I stomped the ground hard and a stone wall raised in front of me. Blocking the frogs’ path.

The back of my neck suddenly experiences chills, making my eyes peel. I quickly turn around and just as quickly, activated my [Combustion] skill.

*Bwoosh*

The frog that got flamed before is burning once again. The impact from the attack managed to push it hard enough to stop it in mid-air.

{300}

Flopping as it rolls backward in its lifeless condition.

{+600 Exp}

‘That’s quite the amount of Exp.’

*BOOM*

Instead of going around like last time, they chose to destroy the wall.

“Hmph, mindless undead.”

They lump together as they lunge toward me. I just duck and pass them from beneath as I activate my fire skill. But instead of in the palm of my hand, the embers appear on the edges of the axe’s blade. Blowing it as I shout, “Combustion!”

*Bwooooosh*

{550}

{550}

{550}

{550}

{550}

{10}

{10}

{10}

There are some that survived the initial flame, but the burn effect got to them all in the end. It’s satisfying to use the appropriate attack on an opponent’s weakness like this.

{+600 Exp}

{+600 Exp}

{+600 Exp}

{+600 Exp}

{+600 Exp}

! {Level UP}

With Realism Mode enabled. I’ve found a lot of new things, but this feeling is just like how I remembered when I’m having fun. Then it reminded me of what happened a few minutes ago, ‘How the word --/E-r/-- is censored. The people who make this world, Ekolia.’

And there are other things like ‘--/E-r/--, --/E-r/--, and --/E-r/-- that are also censored.’ But the fact that censored itself and the word Realism Mode are not censored, makes it feel like this is an experimental thing.

‘Though, I do hope that the mode itself is a complete and finished feature. The last thing I want to worry about is me dealing with bugs and --/E-r/--.’

In any case, there are more important matters I have to focus on.

Moving onward. All of my attributes are regenerating fast thanks to the Level UP, but how I wish it would go up instantly. Better than nothing however, and I decided not to spend the points I’ve got. Might be useful for later when I really need it.

“Ah.”

Suddenly, something gigantic falls down from the ceiling.

*BOOM*

“I just can’t help myself, huh.”

Always jinx it.

The creature that fell down is a giant toad. About 50ft (~15 meters) tall. But then suddenly, it opens its mouth and its tongue appeared.

*Woosh*

My eyes peeled, slashing my axe upward, “Wall of Stone!”

*BOOM*

The sound of the impact made me nervous. If it were to hit me, I’d be dead. But the attack did not manage to break the wall. Suddenly, a symphony of melancholic music rang in my head.

! {Boss Encounter}

~ {Genoa | Lv. 50}

“Yep, can’t beat that one for sure. At least, not now.”

*Woosh*

Its tongue is flexible. It retracted just as fast as its attacks. As soon as it targets me, I ran around the wall until the thing hits it enough to destroy it. I take a step back and summon more [Wall of Stone], but now I’m worried about the fact that I don’t have unlimited Mana.

*BOOM *BOOM *BOOM

‘To destroy [Wall of Stone] in a single attack. The attack has gone stronger. No, it’s the Mana I spent to cast it is low. I didn’t even yell out the name.’

*BOOM *BOOM

‘Yeah, gotta bail out of this one for now. Even Boland wouldn’t be able to handle it. I doubt the both of us together can do it either.’

*Woosh*

“Combustion!”

*Bwooosh*

{100}

Hit it right before the tongue hits me.

‘Couldn’t even burn it, huh.’

I quickly went hard left, going around and going past the entire area until the music completely dies down. If I don’t have a pressing issue at hand, maybe I can spend hours grinding here and spend another hour against that thing, but now I should focus on finding my raid party.

Escaping the Prison Realm itself should be my top priority.

5