Chapter 19 – Genoa Boss Fight
79 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A level 50 undead boss against the level 10 me. Its huge butt could crush me at any time except for the fact that it’s a toad, and I made use of that limitation to sneak up behind it. Why at this point it doesn’t notice me, I wonder. I’m standing right behind it looking up.

I mumbled, “Ignition.”

The flare of fire swirl at the center of my chest before engulfing my entire body fully. It’s like an aura made of flame, but it doesn’t extend to my axe. Regardless, I activated the fire within the spell. Created embers at the surface of the axe’s blade. Glancing at the toad’s bottom, I blew the embers at it.

“Combustion!”

*BWOOOOOSH*

{800}

It jumps away the moment it felt its ass burning.

*Crooak *Croaaak

Turning around, I can see its dead fish-looking eyes, opening its mouth and revealing the flexible tongue that made me have a hard time before. But this time, it's different.

*Woosh*

My eyes peeled as I see it coming at me, “Combustion!”

*BWOOOSH*

Staggered as its tongue burns. I deactivated [Ignition] as quickly as possible. Turning my head and scream, “NOW!”

The old men carrying the injured and Galliano carrying Dura on his back. At my signal, they ran as fast as they could while the toad is having a hard time dealing with the flame cooking its tongue but before I make another move, Galliano yell out, “Don’t DIE! We still need you!”

I raise my hand high, clenching my fist tight!

‘Can’t let that thing recovers and change its aggro,’ dashing forward to close the distance, ‘1600 Stamina points, but the regen is low. I have to go all out and end it as soon as possible.’

*Crooaaak*

My eyes peeled seeing the toad’s tongue move even with the flame still there.

*Woosh*

Kicking the back of my foot, I flip myself backward. Whilst in the air, I can feel the tongue and the flame passing my hair.

*Splash*

That was not a proper backflip. Made me land on this damp wet dirt, the tongue is ready to swing itself at me. I rolled to the side as it tries to hit me, but it was a second too late.

*SPLASH *SPLASH *SPLASH

Regaining my footing, I quickly muttered, “Ignition!”

Summoning my axe, “Combustion!”

*BWOOOOOSH*

(1200)

Burning the tongue once more. It should’ve been stunned by that, instead, the toad insisted on attacking me further. My arm weighted by the power of Earth Magic imbuing my axe, I raised, “Wall of Stone!”

*BOOM*

Preventing the toad’s tongue from attacking me any further.

[Mana: 3120/4000 | Stamina: 1488/1600]

‘Already burned that much just by casting a few spells. Wait, I wonder what would happen if I go all out in one combustion?’

‘No time to think, let’s do it.’

“Ignition!” I climbed the stone wall I made and quickly prepped to cast the spell, with the embers appearing on my axe’s blade, “Combust—”

My eyes peeled as suddenly; my body is tied by the toad’s tongue. I didn’t expect it to be able to react that fast. Looking down at me. Making my teeth grind in rage.

‘Fuck!’

I couldn’t believe that I made an error like this. And not to mention the tongue that is wrapping me is so tight to the point that I couldn’t even try to get out.

‘It’s burning! Why isn’t it staggered at least?! Isn’t this thing undead? There’s no way its resistance is that high, and it was staggered before, so why not now?!’

Bringing me closer as it opens its mouth.

‘No! If I die, I’ll have to --//E-r//-- all over again, and there’s no guarantee what’s gonna happen if,’ my eyes widened as a surging pain felt in my arms, ‘No way, I... I...'

(-80)

(-80)

(-80)

(-80)

I’m being crushed.

(-120)

“Aaaah,” shaking, I can feel my arms dislocating and my body twisting, ‘No… I-I don’t wanna die.”

The darkness that is about to swallow me hole brought fear into my heart. I remember the time when I was in my last moment, looking at Kurira’s stupid face. It was cold.

My eyes widened whole as the toad closes its mouth with my body inside.

‘I can’t die here.’

[Mana: 3010/4000]

[Mana: 0/4000]

*BOOOOOOOOOM*

***

Mossed Jungle. All calm and quiet. Dread fills the atmosphere within as undead frogs roam around the forest swamp. Among them are burned corpses of their kin found on the road by Galliano. But then suddenly, a loud deafening explosion came from behind. Enough to send waves of powerful wind.

His eyes widened as he gritted his teeth, “Can it be?” a flash of an image of where the wide grin of a tall woman appeared, her sinister laughter rang in his ears. Chills at the back of his spine.

The explosion came from where he left Siola to fight against the giant toad alone. Hesitation in his heart but then suddenly, Dura tapped Galliano’s shoulder.

“Traveler. Go and save her.”

Even after those words, his legs couldn’t move forward. Instead, he turns around, “Didn’t you hear what she said? She got this.”

His brows frowning as he looks forward, “Put trust in her words.”

And so, they continued onward with the rest following them.

Within the area of the explosion. The damage to the trees causes a wildfire but it stopped spreading soon after. There one can see the enormous undead toad lying with half of its stomach and body missing. Not even its head remains.

But there lying on the water is Siola with her eyes wearily open.

[Health: 0/1000]

Half of her body is charred, her clothes burned, and her face becomes unrecognizable. No life within those eyes, staring blankly at the ceiling. But then her face was covered by a shadow. That shade formed itself into a hand with extremely long fingers. Grasping Siola’s face. Then, another one appeared beside her feet, grasping her shin. Then another appeared beside her waist, grasping her stomach. More and more appearing until her entire body is completely enclosed by the shadows.

***

! {Requirement has been met}

~ {(1) Use Fire Magic at maximum output 10 times, (2) Have 1 Fire Magic as Innate Ability, (3) Experience a failure casting of Fire Magic (4) Survive a failure casting of Fire Magic}

~ {Pyromancy Guidance has been acquired}

My eyes widened. Quickly, I lift my body up, and just as suddenly, my head is bombarded by the number of notifications appearing in my sight. Glancing left and right, ‘Wha?!’

! {New Title has been obtained}

~ {Fire Wielder / Increases the potency of all fire-type abilities}

The place is a mess but I still recognize the jungle. I was fighting Genoa; the big toad that is the optional boss I was sure I can beat but only ended up getting myself getting eaten by it.

‘What the hell just happened?’

! {Requirement has been met}

~ {(1) Dealt 100.000 Damage with Fire Magic (2) Defeat a Boss with Fire Magic}

~ {Fire Wielder has been leveled up}

‘No, I didn’t get eaten by it, I’m sure. I cast high-scale combustion.’

*Crooooak*

Jumped, and the noise came from the back. My eyes widened at the sight of the big toad with half of its body blown away, but it still managed to make a noise, ‘How can that thing still be alive?’

{Fire Wielder / Level 2 / Greatly increases the Potency of all Fire-type abilities and unlock all type of fire enhancement effect hidden within all Pyro catalyst}

! {Quest Unlocked}

~ {Acquisition Aflame / Rank D / Objective: (1) Dealt 1.000.000 Damage with Fire Magic, (2) Inflict Burn to 100.000 Enemies, (3) Acquire Intermediate Tier [Ignition] / Reward: Pyromancer (Class) / Additional Reward: 1 [D-Grade Pyromancy Box], 2 [E-Grade Pyromancy Box}

~ {Main Reward will be given once 2 out of the 3 objectives have been completed}

~ {The completion of all objectives is required to receive the Additional Reward}

Walking towards the big toad. I can feel it whenever it croaks from the vibration in the ground but I thought to myself, ‘What the hell am I even doing? Risking my life like that where I could just stall for time and get out when the others are safe. I’m lucky that I survived that.’

[Health: 82/1000]

‘I have not a single point invested in vitality.’

Looking at the toad once again, ‘I’m so greedy. Next time, it won’t be like this.’

*Crooooak*

Summoning my axe.

“Go rest, big guy.”

Embers appear on the blade once again.

“Combustion.”

*Bwoosh*

{500}

Engulfing the inside of its flesh. The fire unexpectedly spread throughout its body. Burning the toad entirely, creating a huge bonfire.

! {Level UP}

! {Level UP}

! {Level UP}

! {Level UP}

! {Level UP}

! {Level UP}

! {Boss Defeated}

~ {Loot Obtained: D-Grade Random Item Box}

~ {Special Loot Obtained: Diamond of Genoa / Rank E / Epic / Innate Ability: Boost the potency of all liquidation-type abilities / Usage Requirement: 200 Vitality}

“A necklace, eh? Not bad. I doubt I’ll be using it though,” but then I noticed the amount of wet dirt on my ragged clothes, "Ewww! What the hell? Figures, I shouldn't have rolled around like that. Heheh, I'm lucky it didn't get burned by the spell though."

Sighing, “Failure casting, huh? Guess I gotta be more careful from now on."

'Realism mode is ruthless. To implement this kind of thing. I've only ever heard of it, and to experience it like this...'

3