Chapter 20 – Reunite
81 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While holding this golden white book in my arm, I walk on the lonely road returning to the rest of my party members which I have successfully rescued. Although I’m still exhausted after that fight with the big toad, I can’t let myself be a burden to those people. Galliano aside, I owed those old men for their death in my past life. This time, I will help them escape this place.

‘I thought I was gonna die after that explosion. Guess it’s thanks to my senses for a future prediction that investing in a bit of health beforehand is a wise choice.’

‘And with this book in my hand, I’m sure that things will get easier from now.’

[Heal Array (Spell) / Tier 2 – Intermediate / Light / Book / Learning Requirement: 50 Faith / Potency: None]

“Heheh, I ended up choosing light magic in the end.”

Back then, I got the title [Devotee of the End Kings]. I was a bit into roleplay that I ended up taking a lot of miscellaneous quests that people don’t often take. Especially when it comes to religion. My first choice then was Armalia, the first-ranked God ruling the Divine Order. But somewhere along the lines, I made a lot of choices that I thought would let me have an enjoyable walkthrough but ended up resulting in the opposite.

For example, blowing up a whole church because there were rumors and a bit of, I thought at the time was evidence that it was the case of corruption. Said that the archbishop was involved in human trafficking, but after everything was done, I found out that the rumors and evidence were false and I ended up unjustly killing innocent— no, people who are helping others. They don’t deserve that fate, so on my path to redemption, one thing led to another.

Somewhere along the way, I got that horrible-sounding title.

‘But that was the past.’

Here, I will be something more. Someone even I myself can be proud of.

“Haa…”

‘This place. Even though it’s dark, it’s somewhat visible. Even though it’s cold, it’s somewhat comforting.’

I eventually arrived at the gate where I have slain the undead demon a while back. But I don’t see anyone around here.

“Did they get back?”

“No, why would they?”

This predicament makes me nervous so I make haste forward.

I found them, but the situation is not looking good. They’re being attacked by furry four-legged creatures known as wolves. Not to mention them being undead, Galliano is having a hard time once again protecting those old men. Boland on the other hand is struggling with the number of wolves hounding him.

“Ignition.”

Flame coated my entire body.

*Bwoosh*

! {Title Equipped: Fire Wielder}

~ {Activating Effects…}

*Bwooooosh*

The flame becomes larger and fuller.

“Boland, get back!”

He glanced at me with his eyes peeled. He quickly swirls his sword 360 and quickly went back while I headed straight to those wolves with my axe in hand and embers on its blade.

“Combustion!”

*BWOOOOOSH*

My eyes widened after seeing those flame sparks bigger than it ever was before. It is still much smaller than what Kurira can do but, I can now see why this spell is much endorsed by her.

I did a quick cleanup with the rest of the wolves before reuniting with my whole raid party.

“Lass, you’re alive.”

“Hah? Of course, I am. Like I said, since we’re going my way, I will be the one taking the lead. You all should’ve waited for me. But seeing you’re all still alive… All’s well when it ends well, I suppose.”

“Thought you were gonna leave us after all that boom, kid.”

“No way, old man.”

Dura seems to be getting better.

“Hey.”

Galliano seems to be fine too.

“You’re alright?” I asked.

“Yeah, why would I not?”

“Heheh.”

Clapping my hand once, “Alright, that’s enough break. Let’s talk us getting out of here.”

“Where are we going exactly?” asked Galliano, “Far as I can see, we can only move forward.”

“Yeah, and we’ll continue moving forward until we arrived at a Secret Passage.”

“Okay, are we supposed to know what and where it is?” asked Galliano.

“Boland. You know how we’ve met like two guardians so far?”

He nods.

“That confirms that this place is partially a dungeon. And a dungeon as some of you I’m sure might know it,” being ones to have a class and all, “That there should be a teleportation device. So, I’m sure you’ve already wrapped it around your head of what I’m getting at here, yes?”

“You will teleport us outside?”

“No. We will be using it to get to the nearest device close to the main portal. It’s the only way for us to get to the surface. But there’s one problem.”

“…”

“There will be one last guardian waiting for us.”

“What do we know about it?”

“Well, that’s the thing. We don’t.”

Everyone’s faces hardened. Though there is no better plan than this. So, I turn my head forward and walk through the narrow path as the area gets dimmer and dimmer.

‘Kurira said that after it’s hard to see anything, I should go right. Consider her eyesight is as good as mine, then it should be right here.’

“This way.”

We strayed from the linear path and headed to the darker area where the place is blocked by stone walls that are not conjured by my spell, but the thing is, we can actually climb this.

So, we did.

One by one, we assisted each other in crossing over the wall, and once we did, I became a human torch.

“Ignition.”

*Bwoosh*

“Woah there.”

“Ahh, sorry, am I… too hot?” posing erotically.

I got no response whatsoever, not from the jackass nor Boland.  I walk as I contemplate the reason why is anyone not wanting a piece of this? Sure, I may not have the useless meat the common slut would flaunt around, but like, my butt, baby. They’re still bouncy, round, and—

‘Hm?’

I quickly look back and scan the area, “…”

“What’s wrong, lass?”

“…”

Maybe it was just my imagination. No, hold up.

‘Hm?’

Squinting my eyes at the far sight of my vision, I see… a still figure behind a tree. Everyone is behind me, so, ‘Who is that?’

I can see a pair of eyes. A bright blue color, shattered like a broken glass, even I myself am not sure what it is, but it doesn’t seem to be moving nor blinking.

‘Hm, I don’t think it’s a person. Probably just— whatever, this is getting a bit creepy. Let’s just get out of here asap. I saw nothing.’

Tip-toeing ahead and speeds up my movement.

We crossed a narrow double wall and proceed to squeeze through the crack in another wall.

“I think this is it.”

The shortcut to getting out of this place.

“Come, everyone. We’re here.”

All of them passed through and then we do count for the first time, making sure everyone is present and no one is left behind. Boland passed me to see the device for himself.

“Hooh, so this is the teleportation device you were talking about.”

A flat chunk of stone with purple magic words drawn on top of it, the size is big enough to fit everyone and probably a couple more.

“How do we use it?” asked Boland.

“Well, two ways. We need to either provide a suitable offering or get someone knowledgeable and skillful enough to transport us all in.”

“What kind of offering?”

“Well, money.”

“…”

“Hehe. I’m just kidding. You already got this beautiful goddess in front of you to opt for the second option. Come, sit down in a circle. You too, Galliano.”

“Just call me Galli.”

“Alright, Galli. Put your beautiful butt down there, and close your eyes, everyone!”

Using this teleporter is not as easy as tearing a teleportation scroll in half. One is required to do a visualization. Like, setting point A as our location and B as our destination.

! {Destination Point has been Chosen}

~ {Teleporting to Target Location}

‘And that should be it.’

Opening my eyes, I see that everyone has closed theirs. Seeing them all actually listening to me somewhat brings comfort.

*CLAP*

“Alright! We’re riding out, boys!”

Light covers our vision as the bursting wind sweeps the air around us.

*Woooooooooooooosh*


==== Profile Status ====

Statistics
Name: --- / Level: 16 / Class: Mage

Primary Attributes
Max Health: 1000 | Max Mana: 7600 | Max Stamina: 1600
Health: 1000 | Mana: 7600 | Stamina: 1600

Secondary Attributes
Strength: 20 / Dexterity: 10 / Endurance: 20
Vitality: 0 / Agility: 20
Intelligence: 110 / Faith: 110 / Luck: 50

Combat
Physical Attack: 20 (+10) / Physical Defense: 0 (+10)
Magical Attack: 15 (+55) / Magical Defense: 0 (+10)
Health Regeneration: 1 / Mana Regeneration: 12 / Stamina Regeneration: 3

==== Profile Status ====

4