Chapter 26 – Well Rested
67 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finding myself staring at an unfamiliar ceiling, I glance to the side, seeing Malice tending to her sharp long nails in front of a mirror, ‘Ugh, I feel like a bloated sea urchin that is about to burst.’

‘What the hell happened?’

Last I remembered is walking through the shade of light in the corridor. I feel a bit of discomfort coming from my stomach, ‘Hunger?’

‘That’s odd. I should have enough time to last for 2 days.’

‘Could it be?’

It must be it. The Realism Mode.

===== Profile Status =====

Statistics
Name: --- / Level: 19 / Class: Mage / Faction: Purgatory

Primary Attributes
Max Health: 1000 | Max Mana: 9000 | Max Stamina: 2000
Health: 1000 | Mana: 9000 | Stamina: 2000

Secondary Attributes
Strength: 20 / Dexterity: 10 / Endurance: 20
Vitality: 0 / Agility: 20
Intelligence: 140 / Faith: 140 / Luck: 50

Combat
Physical Attack: 20 (+10) / Physical Defense: 0 (+10)
Magical Attack: 15 (+70) / Magical Defense: 0 (+10)
Health Regeneration: 1 / Mana Regeneration: 15 / Stamina Regeneration: 3

Gear
None

Active Effect
- (Once a day, at a random interval, you will receive a permanent Secondary Attributes increase based on your contribution to the Purgatory Realm} ~ Blessing of the Purgatory
- (Experience Gain has been Reduced by 95%) ~ Blessing of the Abyss

===== Profile Status =====

Lifting my body to sit by the bed, I caress my spinning head, ‘Purgatory? That’s quite the blessing alright. As expected of a god who ruled the major realm. But what contribution do I need to do to for the effect to kick in? Especially since the other effect is chaining me down.’

‘95% reduction? That’s insane! You can’t even call that a blessing.’

‘And what even is the Abyss? Out of the many god’s realms that I know of, none are called that.'

'Hmm, it must be a subsidiary of Purgatory or something.’

! {Abilities}

~ {Ignition / Tier 1 – Basic / Coat oneself aflame. In Ignition state, increases Fire Resistance by 10%, able to active [Combustion] at will. Requires up to 10 Mana per second to maintain / Cooldown: None / Costs: 100 Mana}

~ {Immortality / Rank 1 / Defy death upon reaching 0% Health}

~ {Abyssal Touch (Skill) / Tier 1 – Basic / Dark / Weaken the target, reducing their Endurance by 10%. Slightly drain all of their Primary Attributes until they are fully depleted / Cooldown: None / Costs: None}

~ {Heal Array (Spell) / Tier 2 – Intermediate / Light / Create a sphere of light that can be connected to another created sphere to form a healing area once fully connected. At least 3 spheres are required for the healing area to be activated / Cooldown: None / Costs: 30 Mana}

‘Two Innate, one Skill, one Spell.’

‘And the one I got because of the contract is Immortality and Abyssal Touch, huh? It’s not how it usually goes when one joins the Purgatory Faction.’

‘I wonder how this Immortality works. Bet it's not going to be the same as my [Absolute Reverse Point State] which kept the Majority of my excess healing into an unlimited source of second Health reserve. As for the [Abyssal Touch (Skill)] spell… it’s meh, I guess. Doesn’t look to be that strong and I’ve never been into touch spells in the first place. Unless it’s an instant effect, one requires a high level of defense in order to carry it out.’

‘Hm?’

I noticed there’s a mail in my [Inbox]

! {Realism Mode Maintenance Compensation}

~ {Advanced Black Gold Pack | 30 Days Expiration}

‘Maintenance? Since when did that happen? Regardless, that’s quite the premium loot box. I wonder if they gave it away for everyone who chose to enable it.’

People can pay for things in the System’s own Marketplace within the major cities in Ekolia, the surface. But this kind of pack can only be traded with Ekolia’s global currency, and every one of its kind is super expensive. While you can exchange Ekolia’s money for dollars, you can’t exchange it the other way around. Unless you make a trade with others in real life, that kind of money is hard to obtain and hold on to.

! {Items Unveiled}

~ {Serrated Jaw of Leviathan / Rank A / Heroic / Physical Attack: 1000 / Magical Attack: 1800 / Innate Ability: Can be used as a Catalyst, Increases the Potency of Water-based Spells / Requirement: 350 Dexterity, 350 Agility, 500 Intelligence}

~ {Deserter Cape / Rank A / Common / Magical Defense: 500 / Requirement: 100 Dexterity, 100 Agility}

~ {Sovereign Ritual (Skill) / Rank S / Dark / Book / Rare / Learning Requirement: Equal Intelligence and Faith Allocation / Potency: None}

‘A Rank S skill that I’ve never heard of. To think it has that kind of requirement. If it was to be given to a level 2 pyromancer who just had to up both stats at the same time, even they can use this spell. Guess my habit from my previous life paid off.’

A ritual spell. Different from summoning which only summons a specter temporarily, a ritual can conjure a real creature permanently. Each has its own upside and downside.

‘I’ll take the last one, of course.’

! {Item Received}

Sighing.

‘Hm?’

I just caught a glance at myself in a mirror. I stood to see it close. With that dream still fresh in my mind, I can’t help but worry that I’m still in it. But clearly, I’m not.

My eyes. They’re glitching. A number of ones and zeroes are running infinitely down my sight, but they're too opaque for me to be bothered by them. I wonder if there’s an error that occurs, ‘Should I leave and do a restart?’

*Tap*

Malice pats my hand. Light, she brushes her finger around the back of my hand, ‘Is she teasing me or something? Waahh, that outfit she’s wearing.’

It’s like a nun, but dark all the way through.

‘Greatly emphasized her booba!’

She raised her index finger and then pointed at the wardrobe in front of the bed. Come to think of it, this place is small and cramped. It’s like my room from my previous life. I don’t own a house but the room I rent had everything I need.

*C-r-e-a-k*

In the wardrobe, I see a black priestess robe. The same outfit as hers. Not really the official name of the clothes, but can I really use this? Does it not have a requirement?

{Ul’ Sejidah / Rank S / Unique / Physical Defense: 0 / Magical Defense: 0 / Innate Ability: Can be used as a Catalyst for dark magic, Significantly Increases the Potency of Dark-based Spells / Effect: Bypass all requirements of all dark magic up to Supreme Tier}

‘Oh? The 0 defenses aside. It can bypass dark-type magic up to the 7th tier.’

‘…’

‘Well, I don’t know what uses of that since I’m not too familiar with mid-tier dark magic. Plus, I’m not really fond of Hexes.’

0 defense, and the last time I got hit, it took 4/5 of my total Health. But it looks really nice, and for someone who cares about looks more than functionality.

*BAM*

Shudder. I looked to see that helmet-less Avarice came in with a bang when she smashes open that door. She surveyed both me and Malice and grinned after shifting her attention to the latter.

“Come here,” approaching Malice closer with a kissing face, “Mmph!” Malice closed that mouth of hers before Avarice reaches her lips.

‘What a shame! And here I thought they’d gonna start scissoring each other!’

But Avarice suddenly opens her eyes slightly, and it’s focusing on me. She grins as she approaches me, putting her arm around my shoulder, “Let’s go.”

“Eh? Um, w-wait, I haven’t put my clothes on!”

She didn’t listen so I had to wear the new outfit on the way, thankfully, I didn’t see anyone despite the fact that the corridor around here is well-lit.

“U-Um, where are we going?”

“You’ll know soon enough.”

“Um… okay.”

She smiles and proceeds to pat my head.

It somewhat makes me fluffy. When she smiles, Avarice looks absolutely stunning. Just like Kurira, that wild crazy ass girl, when she smiles, it’s always fulfilling me.

*Rub *Rub

“Hm?” something is feeling me up from behind, ‘Geh, her tail is groping my ass! She is just like Kurira, alright! Always ruining the good mood we got going on with her pervy acts! Fine, if that’s what you want, then take this!’

We stopped all of a sudden.

*Fondle *Fondle

Sweats ran down my cheeks a bit, my left hand was feeling the soft part of her armor, that bottom cushion! I’m feeling it like it’s the last piece of artifact in the world.

Avarice chuckled a bit, she pulled me in and we walk towards an intersection. With me groping her butt as her tail groping mine.

5