Chapter 27 – Replica
52 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Avarice has her arm wrapped around my shoulder. We’ve been walking for a while and it looks like she’s not in a hurry at all. This gives me time to ponder, ‘Just how big is this place?’

‘Too many long and connected corridors. It’s not even packed with rooms and seems to be unnecessarily big just for the sake of it. Whoever designs this castle is truly an amateur.’

But then we saw light.

*BOOOM *BOOOOM *Bwoooooosh *BOOOOM

There’s definitely something happening on the other side. Upon pushing through the blinding light, we entered a bright yet empty colosseum. Squinting my eyes at the battleground, I see two people fighting against each other.

“What is this place for?” I asked.

“For? Heheh, you don’t remember?”

“Hm?”

‘Have I been here before?’

“This is the place where we put a trial on the intruders before we confine them.”

Walking downstairs.

“There are three people overseeing this trial. You’ve already met one of them. Lord Ludtleth. The other is your judge, Madam Goolag. And then there is this… lovely lady.”

Floating in the air, a pale beauty with wavy black hair reaching her shoulders, ‘Nuhuh?!’

Looking from behind, I can see the thin-layer strap of her bra. She wore pants and forearm sleeves with matching colors and a set of tools strapped around her hips, but topless all the way with the only exception being the leather covering her breasts, I can see her SIDE BOOBA!

‘OH MY GAH! Just by looking at her arm, I can tell she’s the sporty type too! Awawawa, I can’t wait to see her abs! And from this side, I know she got them BIG TIDDIES!’

*BOOOOOOOM*

Shuddered at the sound of that impact. She just smashes her opponent down. Seems to be a woman warrior, and even though she’s holding a battleaxe, the skimpy outfit-wearing lady defeats her still.

“Disappointing, I expect more from a warrior. You didn’t have the spirit nor the willpower to face the impossible. Just by the sight of seeing an opponent stronger than you…”

Sighing, “Well, you’re already dead anyway. What a waste of words.”

That voice, I still remember.

“Mom?”

The lady reacted, but when she turned around, Avarice block me with her arm and tail. Even though the lady has the same voice as my mother. Judging by the slight wrinkle on her face and those terrorizing marigold eyes, it seems that I was mistaken. Floating as she approaches me.

! {Ethereal Encounter}

~ {Replica | Lv. ???}

‘No title? Phew, I’m safe then. Besides, Avarice’s title is that of the amazing uhh, what was it? Alpha and the Omega! Yes, I shouldn’t worry too much. Besides I’m immortal now.’

Avarice hid me behind her back.

“Well, well, if it isn’t the self-proclaimed Omega herself. What has brought you to my humble domain, Madam Alpha?”

Clenching my fist, ‘Yes! I was right. In terms of hierarchy, Avarice seems to be somewhere in the top 5 here. I’m safe!’

“Heheh, and if it isn’t the disgraceful Mage of the Abyss herself. This Madam Alpha greets you.”

I peeked through the gap between Avarice’s arms and sees that woman looking at Avarice with murderous eyes. It was then that I know how wrong I was. A sudden outburst of something incomprehensible spread everywhere.

*KRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH*

Anxiety, Fear, Terror. I feel like my sight is split and swirled at the same time. I couldn’t feel my entire body, only myself in the lonesome darkness, floating.

*Gasp*

My eyes widened, “Kogh, Keogh? Wha…”

! {Maxima Protection of Dragon}

~ {Significantly Increases Willpower. Increase Resistance against Earth Magic by 95%. Increase Resistance against Fire Magic by 95%. Increase Resistance against Light Magic by 80%. Increase Resistance against Dark Magic by 80%. Null Hexes below Tier 10 – Maxima. Null Mind Control Magic below Tier 8 – Mega. Increase Maximum Health by 100.000.000}

Avarice glowing brightly in earthly color. I too.

‘Th-This is…’

Seeing both Replica and Avarice facing off makes me realize that it doesn’t matter whether the woman Replica has a title or not. Her being a Transcendental being is enough to prove her power.

‘These two… they’re endgame-level monsters.’

“Holding up quite well, aren’t you?”

That woman Replica pierce me with those horrifying eyes. Made me glance down only to be met with her tight abs, “Muh?!”

Them bare curves! Lookin’ all juicy.

“What do you think? Didn’t she remind you of someone?”

“It’s precisely because of that I want to tear her apart.”

“Hngh?!”

‘NO! Please! I know I was wrong, buh that wasn’t enough reason to kill me, was it?! Besides, what was that? I almost feel like my entire existence was about to be erased. Was that a spell she cast? I didn’t even know something like that exist and what do you even use it for?’

‘Intimidation? That’s way too overkill!’

“Why did you bring her here, Avarice?”

“You being holed up here for so long probably null your senses. This here is our newest member and she will be serving Lord Lehdrith. But being a weak Wanderer that she is, Lord Ludwig wants her to at least be able to take care of herself.’

“Eh? Um, A-Avarice, wha-what are you…”

‘From the way she says it…’

Dimming the ominous air, she glanced at me, “A Wanderer, you say.”

“That’s right. She needs to be at the level of our youngest to be of use. And since the said youngest was brought and raised by you…”

‘No, no no no no way, no fucking way! Avarice?! Please no!’

“Lord Ludwig wants you to take her in and guide her as a Mage.”

‘NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo.’

“She seems to be unwilling.”

‘Hiiiiiiiik!” hugging Avarice tight, ‘Of course, I’m unwilling! Just a moment ago you said you were gonna tear me apart so, of course, I don’t wanna be with you!’

“Heheh, she may appear like so but she’s actually very eager to be taught by you.”

‘I never showed any single moment when that is the case!’

“She’s been ogling your bare skin for a while. I think you know what that means.”

“Nuh?!”

‘Avarice. AVARICE! Why did you go and say thaaaaaaaaaaaat?!’

Glaring at me deep with those horrifying eyes.

‘Hiiiiiiiiik! Avarice, look at what you’ve done! She might even gonna bury me alive before she will teach me anything! Besides, why do I even need to be taught? I just gotta be stronger. That’s all!’

“If it’s his will. Fine.”

‘I’m ded.’

“Then…”

Avarice separates my hand from her bod. Pats my head gently and looks me in the eye. Hers may also be horrifying but unlike that woman Replica, Avarice’s gives a warm and gentle feeling.

“I’ll be seeing you soon, Luosa.”

“Hm?”

‘Luosa who?’

She gave a comforting look before turning around and disappearing into thin air.

But then suddenly, my body was turned and lifted. My neck was choked by Replica as I saw her already terrifying face making an even more horrifying expression.

“Huh?” intense murderous aura seeping out of her, “Did I hear that right? Luosa?!”

‘Hiiiiiiiiiiiik! What is it now?!’

3