Chapter 28 – Complication
55 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Plenty of times I ponder about the choices I’ve made that led me here to this moment. Not about joining this group of undead and demons, but rather, everything. Was it right? Was it not? People thought I left the grace of Mithra because of my stupidity and that might be true, even if those words came out of someone stupider than me. Everything is open for interpretation and one explanation to another can be a valid opinion. But that’s all, it's an opinion.

I left Mithra because I feel like I’m not a Mithra.

*BOOM*

Sitting while hugging my legs with my back against the wall. In this battleground I’m watching that woman, Replica, fighting against another one of those “Intruders”. Odd because they didn't just pop out of nowhere, instead were brought here chained from head to toe. This time, it’s a pyromancer, but unlike the traditional one, the guy uses a magical device strapped to the four of his limbs to conjure those flames.

*BOOM *BOOM *Bwooosh

‘Tier 3 [Canon Bomb] missing all its target. Using Tier 4 [Blast Ablaze], with those flames firing wildly around him, it created a distance between him and his opponent. He’s solid, but…’

Replica uses Tier 1 [Firebolt], but it fires so fast, it almost looks like a bullet. I know that it's a [Firebolt] simply because of the rapid casting, it's one of the spells that has the shortest cooldown especially so if it's a (Spell) instead of (Skill). At the right time, however, many of them were blocked by the [Blast Ablaze] when it made contact.

‘Clearly, she’s just toying with him,’ but after seeing her expression throughout the whole fight, ‘No, I can’t just say that. She’s limiting herself.’

The man landed and quickly smash his two hands together, “True Art of the Flame.”

My eyes peeled as I see a red aura spiraling out of him.

“Blaze Concoction.”

Within his hands, he created a condensed ball of fire. Its color changes from looking like an ordinary fire to a miniature sun. How it animated from a dancing flame to a surging wave of fire. He made 15 of them in less than 5 seconds and tied them to gather with a string of flame.

Right before Replica land, he swings them as hard as he could and I can’t help myself but get excited with a fight I finally understood.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

The blast created a shockwave, sending all the dirt my way.

*Cough *Cough

I glanced at the smoke created by the explosion, ‘Wait, he didn’t use Fire Resisting Spells when using that. He must’ve gotten caught up in it.’

When the smoke clears up, I was right. Some of his clothes were charred and parts of his body is burned too. But his eyes, are still intensely focused on the opponent – which came out unscathed after all of that. Replica looks down at him with her marigold eyes.

“Is this all you have?”

Gritted his teeth, “You… pillage our home. Kill our women. Tortured our warriors. And you brought us here. For what?” the red aura emerge from his body once more, “You demon!”

*BWOOSH*

The aura ascends to the ceiling as his body is engulfed in flame, “This is YOUR END, DEMON! Aspect of Belial, Sea Blaze Form!”

His entire skin shed a burning flame. His aura condensed to himself and enveloped him entirely until it was no longer visible from the outside. When the flame bubble burst, there is a change in his appearance. Blue scales burning blue flame, armor from neck below. His face was no longer the same as it turned mammals. From a gallant man to a monstrosity that is a demon.

Forming a circle with both of his hands, his voice becomes unsettling, “True Art of Flame, Blaze Concoction.”

‘Hm? Another one? No, that’s…’

Instead of 15, there are over 40 fireballs were made, and it's bright blue. Flame string connected them all, but instead of swinging them, he lunged towards Replica with every one of them strapped around him. With his bombs, right before they made contact with her. Explodes.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Smoke clouded everything. I couldn’t even open my eyes with all the sand flying around.

“Such hypocrisy.”

My eyes peeled. That was indeed my mother’s voice. I open my eyes to see Replica survived that attack and once again, unscathed. No damage even to her skimpy clothes.

“Rotten to the core. How unfortunate for the gods to have blessed someone like you. Then again, Belial is not quite the one I would picture as one.”

Walking closer to the unconscious who landed near me.

“Mere demons. Rose to the 33 seats.”

“Mordor, take him away.”

A dark shade of air appeared around him before cloaking him fully. The man who became a demon submerged into the sand and disappear.

‘Mordor? I don’t see anyone here. Must be a creature she summons or something. Which reminds me, I also got a spell where I can summon one too.’

“Luosa.”

Shudder. She’s looking at me with those murderous eyes, “Th-That’s not my name, I swear!”

‘First, she choked me out of nowhere, throwing me like baggage, and then forced me to sit here to wait for her to finish. Now what?!’

Lowering her body to lift my chin, I swallowed my saliva. Looking at her closely, she looks like my mother. Maybe it’s because of the cybernetics augment that made my mother no longer age that I don’t know what she would look like. Maybe this is what she looks like.

My cheeks pressed, 'Her hands are cold,' both her thumbs caress my cheekbones and it calms me a little. That was before she presses my eyes with them.

“Gyaaaaaaaaaaaahk!”

“Aaaaah AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

For a whole minute, I struggled but she wouldn’t budge. It was when I couldn’t handle the pain anymore that she finally let go.

“Haaah! Haah! Haa…”

Heart beating, my consciousness almost faded as I ran out of breath. My eyes bleed, must be from the scratches because of her nails.

! {Innate Ability Advanced}

~ {Immortality / Rank 2 / Defy death upon reaching 0% Health. Negate any fatal wound and significantly increase Pain Resistance}

! {Lucid Eyes – 24 Hours}

~ {Maxima Appraisal, inspect the target to obtain more information about the target. Detection, able to sense everything in the line of sight. Mana Vision, decrease obscurity of the unknown}

“Wha, what’s, what are you…”

This time, I genuinely fear this one who resembles my mother. She stood. Looking down at me intensely, she says, “State your purpose. Your life will depend on your answer and not even Immortality will save you.”

Her eyes shine, “Why did you decide to serve Lehdrith?”

4