Chapter 29 – Mind of a Mithra
62 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Undead God, Lehdrith, Ruler of the Purgatory Realm. Once upon a time in the near future, top-ranking players who have progressed the Main Quest discover a way to enter the Transcendental Realms, pioneering the opening of a new expansion to Ekolia. People thought that the place they venturing all this time was so big to a point that not even a billion people can fit in it, but then, they came to find that there are many more places out there.

Ekolia itself is big but adds hundreds of realms that contain two or more planets each. One has to wonder, just what is it that lies beyond the Surface. Countless treasures, variants of unknown environments, creatures indescribable by words, and numerous unknown races inhabit the new space with their own culture and thoughts.

Back then, there are 9 major realms that are accessible, and all of them are ruled by the gods. One of them being the Purgatory Realm. It’s like a cold hell with many of its citizens being nothing but empty husks walking around eating dirt and their own flesh. Under the rule of the death god, every one of them is immune to death, making them immortal. But a realm with no food or water, no safety or danger, there is a reason why many players avoid that realm.

It’s a place, not even a psychopath can find livable.

“Why did I decide to serve him?”

I grin as I stood, “Well, it’s because,” with Replica observing my every move, I make an elegant pose as I draw a circle in the air with both of my hands, “BOBA!”

“…” blinking a few times, “What?”

“BOBA! Tiddies! Blobbious Boha Boha!” I express my sentiment, these sacred words emotionally and physically, “Oh how when I met that gorgeous demon lady, Avarice, Buhhh! Her Boba biiiiiiiiiig! And that’s the first delightful thing I see when I came here! AND THEN!”

O(≧口≦)o

“BUHHHHHHHH! HER PP BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!”

“Them rigid and powerful curves, that big ass dark-ish glands just begging me to suck it! Ahhh, if I only she let me touch it. But she said, ‘Maybe later’, Buuuhhhh! And then, and then! A pale beauty – not you – this Malice woman just came in all naked too OH MY GAH!”

“AHH!”

“SO, IN SHORT, I JOINED BECAUSE THEM BOBA IS BLOB—”

*SLAP*

My entire head turned as my body was blown away by the impact.

*BOOM*

It seems that I have made myself part of the colosseum wall.

[0/1000]

‘Thanks for telling me that I’m dead. But wow…’

[1/1000]

‘Not only that I felt no pain, I resisted death itself. My broken bones are healing by themselves albeit extremely slowly. It’s inferior to my old [Absolute Reverse Point State] since that one protects me from any wound. Even if I got stabbed in the eye, there wouldn’t be any damage even if it were supposed to look like there should be damage. Regardless, [Immortality] is not bad.’

“Your nonsense shall end here.”

“…”

“Respond.”

Muffled, “Yes, Ma’am.”

“I lack the time to raise a pet like you.”

Muffled, “Buh, aren’t you an Immortal, Ma’am? You should have a lot of time.”

“Don’t talk back.”

Muffled, “Yes, Ma’am.”

Walking back and forth, “The eye I gave you will not last forever. I have a task for you and it is quite a substantial one. If you fail to do it, I suppose we can then see your lack of potential.”

“…” hunh, ‘Potential. Every place I went really loves to throw that word around, huh.’

“You will go to the surface and retrieve an item from a ruin. You are contracted to the abyss and have received their blessing. Not only that but you also have been blessed by Purgatory. You may not know what they mean, but know this, you will not last on the surface. Assume a day at most, but beyond that, you’d be seeking not only your death but how gruesome it would be.”

“…”

“Respond.”

Muffled, “Yes, Ma’am. What exactly am I supposed to retrieve?”

Suddenly, I felt the back of my collar being grabbed, “Nuh?!” I got pulled from the wall but it was so rough that my health went to 0 again. Plus, she just threw me after I got out.

*Thud*

“Ouch, Muhuh?!” my face got stomped!

“Listen closely,”

By her feet! She’s not wearing shoes!

*Chu *kiss *chu *chu

“…”

She lifted her foot?!

*BAM*

Kicking me right in the gut, “Kogough!” I flew several meters away.

“I was going to tell you but any more seconds I spent breathing the same air in the same space as you make me suffocate.”

‘Mean!’

“Summon, Mirror of Mire.”

My eyes peeled at the sight of a bubbling black substance suddenly conjuring a shattered mirror twice the size of me. Replica shifted her eyes to me and says, “Come.”

So, I hurried over.

“Your current appearance will be extremely problematic if others know that you are associated with us. Change it.”

“Uhh, how do I do that?”

“Just stare at the mirror and the Divine System will guide you.”

Squinting my eyes, “Hrrmm—”

*Slap*

“Owww!” I got slapped on the back of my head!

“Just look at it.”

“Y-Yes, Ma’am!”

Not long after I focus on it. My eyes widened after seeing many different popups window appeared before me, ‘Th-This is,’ I honestly can’t believe it, ‘Character Creation Menu?!’

“Um, can I ask something?”

“If you spout any more nonsense, I’ll throw you straight to the graveyard.”

“Nuh?! No, um,” breathing out, “What do you mean about my appearance being problematic?” as far as I know, I’ve been playing this game in my past life for quite some time and there was no problem at all. Why do I need to worry about it now?

“Because of the name associated with it, and how it relates to us.”

“Um, okay?”

“There is no reason for me to tell you more if you ended up dead on the surface within the next hour. So, don’t waste my time anymore, Luosa.”

“A-Again! That’s not my name. Please!”

‘Why is she look so angry when she said that name?!’

“So? Why don’t you tell me your name then? Not that I’m interested in the dead—”

“I’m not gonna die! And my name is—” no, she’s right. There’s no reason for me to tell her my name with how little she cares about me nor do I gain anything from telling her my name.

‘But, changing my appearance, huh.’

3