Chapter 30 – Memorable Encounter
48 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I often feel as though I’m standing on a thin line between two options. This time, about my appearance in Ekolia. Kept it similar to my real-life self but not at the same time. I want people to know me, but I’m also afraid of them knowing. Back then it was a simple decision, I changed it because of those two. I love them, so I thought I’d start anew.

But now I don’t have them. The only reason I have to change my appearance now is that I’m forced to do so for a reason I don’t even know much about.

‘Some of the options are blocked but many of the sliders are there,’ this is hard, “Uhh, I’m not sure how to change it really.’

“Just change to how you used to look.”

“Hmm,” pondering, ‘How I used to look like? Does she think I changed my appearance to this? Alright, I guess.’

So I set everything back to default. Well, I only applied a bit of makeup to cover my freckles so it’s not that hard.

*BWOOSH*

I got smoked bombed, “Nuh?”

The mirror just shattered and spread dust everywhere. But when it clears up, Replica’s marigold eyes shine brightly as it glares daggers at me.

“What are you doing?”

“Wh-What? You told me to make myself look like how I was before, and that mirror, what’s with that thing suddenly explodes like that? And why are all the glasses still intact even after that?!”

“You’re saying that that is what you look like?”

“What? You got something to say? Say it! I know I don’t have them blobbious booba on me but that doesn’t mean you can just—”

“Silence.”

Puffed my cheeks. I can tell that she didn’t like it so I went back to the mirror, but still! It's hard to change my appearance considering that I just don’t feel comfortable with it.

“…”

Replica suddenly walked towards me after staring so intensely. It’s making me nervous that I swallowed my saliva so deeply, “Here,” she said calmly.

“?”

She just showed me her palm. I don’t get what she means so I stare at it for a bit but then, a small round magical ball appears on her palm, hovering. Then a flow of magical energy swirls around it as more magical balls appear. When I blinked, I’m in the center of the galaxy. Just floating in the space, I see colors so bright and pretty, it’s astonishing.

The many stars, the many planets, asteroids, and how everything moves, make my heart beat. But then when I blinked, I returned to staring at an empty palm.

It made me blink a few times before my thought process can continue.

“What was that?”

Clenching that palm, “The Divine System said that it’s an artifact of the Unknown. What do you think? Was that helpful? Because I’m about to set you in flames.”

“Hiiik! That’s helpful! Very helpful! Thank you, Ma’am.”

It was really pretty, ‘Ahh, I wanna see it again. Maybe someday I’ll ask her.'

The scenery is still fresh in my mind. It reminded me of the time I experience VR for the first time and to have that kind of experience again, makes my head as clear as ever.

White hair, pink shade. Long with a plaited tail. Swaying bangs. No freckles, and most of all, with a silver eye.

“Bam bam Baaaam!”

Standing proudly with my head held high.

“…”

“So, what do you think?”

“It’ll do.”

“Nuh?! That’s it?!”

‘Mmph, I expected a bit more reaction out of her.’

Staring at me for a bit more before turning around and raising one of her arms, she mumbled, “Phased Intrusion.”

Magical energy swirls around her flowing through her arm so violently but she grasped and twisted it.

*Bwoosh*

And there appears an ominous Portal with no visible destination.

“Go.”

“Eh? Ah, yes, Ma’am!”

Buh before I leave the portal, “Um, I’d like to say that even though I’ve joined because Avarice and Malice BOBA, um, after seeing you. I think that you might have become a reason for me to stay, Ma’am.”

“…”

“Your topless figure!” expressing my joy once more, “Tender pale skin, making me wanna sniff your armpits. Licking them belly, like it’s my last fucking meal! Booba big, YOUR SIDE BOOBA IS SO GREAT!”

*SLAP*

Once again, I got flung into the air, except this time, into nowhere.

***

A waterfall. The scenery is calm and quiet as small animals move within the forest. The lush green scenery as the sun rose from the east. Under the waterfall, bubbles of water are forming. It scattered more and more until a person emerged from it.

“Pwah, haa… haa…”

Dark-skinned male taking his time to catch his breath before swimming to the land. His heart rapidly beat so hard.

! {Warning}

~ {User’s Mental State has exceeded the default level}

~ {Please Logout Immediately}

Brows frowned. With one of his eyes opened, a status window appeared.

===== Profile Status =====

Statistics
Name: Galliano Mantre / Level: 13 / Class: Warrior | Monk

Primary Attributes
Max Health: 3500 | Max Mana: 400 | Max Stamina: 4500
Health: 285 | Mana: 400 | Stamina: 880

Secondary Attributes
Strength: 180 / Dexterity: 0 / Endurance: 40
Vitality: 60 / Agility: 0
Intelligence: 0 / Faith: 0 / Luck: 0

Combat
Physical Attack: 0 (+70) / Physical Defense: 0 (+20)
Magical Attack: 0 / Magical Defense: 0
Health Regeneration: 13 / Mana Regeneration: 13 / Stamina Regeneration: 13

Gear
{Ragged Outfit}

Active Effect
None

===== Profile Status =====

A memory flashes before his mind. An explosion, right behind him. But before that happened, there was Siola whose path was obstructed by the demon they fought.

Teeth gritted, a tear in his eye, “Why…” stomping the ground, “Fuck!”

“I… You son of a bitch.”

(-70)

(-70)

(-70)

Repeated flashes of memories, the image of Siola’s face. The many expressions she makes throughout their short journey together. But then something came to mind, “Wait, I can just meet her again in real life,” though after seeing the image of her suffering injury. Knowing that she said that she plays Realism Mode. That short relief turned into despair, “When that explosion happens. Why did I leave her?”

“Have I really not changed since then?”

Staring at the yellow warning screen. He decided to log out and awaken to his place in the Cybernetics Mall within the Metro City. When the capsule lid opens, he finds difficulty breathing and thus finds an inhaler that can soothe his lungs.

“Haah…”

The room he is in is small and cramped. There’s only a kitchen and a bathroom which the latter is separated by a door. Leaving the place into the changing room. After getting outfitted with his working uniform, he greets his coworker.

“Dane, if that girl comes by…”

“Heh, Galli. Logging out of Ekolia this early, let me guess, she done mess it up, huh? I mean, that walking nightmare must’ve already memorized our routes. What a shame.”

“No, I got out of the starter camp.”

“What? Really, that’s awesome dude. Ey, we gotta catch up. There’s a lot of cool stuff we gotta do. And oh, where do you think we should—”

“Dane.”

“Uh, yes?”

“The girl. Just holler when you see her, okay?”

“Oh um, sure, man.”

Galliano nodded and proceeds to the back of the store. Spending his days as a store owner, but no matter how many days he waits, Siola never returns.

***

4