Chapter 42 – Moments of Serenity
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

! {You have been --/E-r/--}

! {You have been --/E-r/--}

! {You have been banned from the Purgatory Realm}

~ {Your access to the prohibited realm is blocked and the realm’s ruler will be notified if your presence collided with the prohibited realm, revealing your location for 1 hour}

Ludwig stood as Siola forms a puzzled look. He steps outside to the balcony and Siola quickly follows while holding the Straw Doll still. But when she left the comfort of the room, the melancholic melody in her head changes to that of a solemn tone as she bears witness to a decayed land from her pedestal.

Dark brown wood, no leaves can be found in any of these trees. No animals, only that and the blue moon shining in the sky. It’s brightly lit, with such a magnificent display.

“At times, it seems you have accustomed to everything, but also not,” Ludwig said. He shifts his attention from the blue moon to Siola, “May I know your name?”

Siola kept staring at the blue moon. The scenery of the environment and the following music now calm her mind greatly. It’s at a point where she thinks that everything no longer matters, but there’s something weighing her down. Comfort. She needs a bit more comfort.

Answering his question, “No.”

“Why is that? Why am I not allowed to know your name?”

“You can force it out of me if you want.”

“I will not do such things.”

“Then, earn it. My name, you deserve to know.”

A word of what she said [Deserve] lit up the fire in his eyes, he turns to Siola and was about to ask what she meant by it but before he can ask anything, Siola looks up to him and mutters, “I killed you once, Ludwig. Mage of the Abyss.”

Turbulent wind passes through them as Ludwig’s dot of an eye flares brightly in smoke.

“Sometime in the future, you in the Crystal Palace of the Demon King’s Castle, I and the other two friends of mine fought both you and your dragon. We defeated you. I remember how we were about to trade blows, but your spell turns to nothing.”

“Although we won, it didn’t feel like a victory to me.”

Ludwig asks, “You came from the future?”

“I didn’t come from the future, I returned back to the past.”

The turbulent wind calmed as Ludwig’s dot of an eye dim slightly. He walks closer to Siola after recalling the reason why she decided to serve Purgatory, the reason for wanting to be a part of something. Knowing what she just says, Ludwig asks, “Will you stay? Here with us.”

Although it is not clear how sharp Siola’s expression is right now, Ludwig’s attentive gaze caught her lips slightly tremble. She responds with, “I will,” as her eyes slightly turn reflective.

When the path ahead is clouded, anxiety rules over. Him asking that question confirms the gaping hole in her heart and clears the cloud in that path. Ludwig raise his skeleton arm and tilts Siola’s head down when he pats her head with his skeleton hand, “Until I earn the right to know your name. Luosa. Your name shall be Luosa.”

Even though she has rejected that name, in the end, that is the name she will be known as from this point onward. But that is not what made her shiver nor it is the cold. In this freezing atmosphere that swept her sense of discomfort, this gentle breeze, a droplet of tears dripped from her chin. Ludwig turns his gaze towards the blue moon.

! {You have been offered the name [Luosa] by Ludwig, Warrior of the Abyss}

~ {This change is Permanent unless [Ludwig, Warrior of the Abyss] removes it}

~ {Would you like to accept?}

! {…}

! {New Name has been Adopted}

===== Profile Status =====

Statistics
Name: Luosa / Level: 20 / Class: Mage

Primary Attributes
Max Health: 1000 | Max Mana: 9600 | Max Stamina: 2000
Health: 1000 | Mana: 9600 | Stamina: 2000

Secondary Attributes
Strength: 20 / Dexterity: 10 / Endurance: 20
Vitality: 0 / Agility: 20
Intelligence: 150 / Faith: 150 / Luck: 50

Combat
Physical Attack: 0 / Physical Defense: 0 (+10)
Magical Attack: 0 (+75) / Magical Defense: 0 (+10)
Health Regeneration: 1 / Mana Regeneration: 16 / Stamina Regeneration: 3

Gear
{Ul’ Sejidah / Rank S / Unique / Physical Defense: 0 / Magical Defense: 0 / Innate Ability: Can be used as a Catalyst for dark magic, Significantly Increases the Potency of Dark-based Spells / Effect: Bypass all requirements of all dark magic up to Supreme Tier}

Active Effect
- (Experience gain has been reduced by 80%) ~ Blessing of the Abyss

===== Profile Status =====

***

In a place only known by a few. Darkness throughout. An entity resembling that of a human is chained in front of a carved wall. A woman, unclothed from the tip of her hair to the end of her toes. On her knees, both ankles pinned by two war pikes. Her feminine yet muscular figure is unmoving still because an enormously large divine cross punctured a hole through her chest, and it sunken deep into the ground. A cursed blade pierced the center of her head, disturbing her chain of thoughts.

The chains holding her anchored deep within her flesh were pulled so tightly, and with the combination of other contraptions, they rendered her unable to move even a single limb. But then, mini cubic polygons started forming in the shadows. Upon stepping close, from head to toe, one can see the complete resemblance of Siola Mithra with additional features, the one and zeroes running through her eyes, and the unknown symbols on each side of her forehead.

A picture of Siola and her personal information is laid out in front of the chained woman in the form of a floating blue screen, and it was then, that still mouth of hers tilted to a grin.

Slowly in a croaked voice, “You. Bring, her. To me.”

“I want, to… see, her. In the flesh.”

Changing shape to a larger form of Siola, the woman formerly known as Mage of the Abyss. Replica. The blue floating screen narrowed down as it changes into a countdown.

{212 Days / 21 Hours / 21 Minutes}

“Heheheh,” her grin widened, “Sounds… like an hour, to me.”

Changing shape once more, into Siola, the thing returns to the deep shadows. Separated into a grid of polygons before disappearing entirely. Leaving the chained woman alone, in the darkest depth of the abyss.

***

1