Chapter 224. Correct usage of anti-aircraft artillery
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Starwood Farm North Gate.

The sudden explosion of guns was like firecrackers, and the whizzing bullets made a noise in the night, and the flames that shot up into the sky tore through the cold night like cornets blowing from hell.

"Go ahead--"

"Enter their guts with your bayonets! Cut off their heads and make wine jugs!"

"Go kill!"

"Go and plunder!"

"Tear them apart!"

The night raid was discovered.

Predators no longer hide themselves.

A short-haired man took the lead. He pulled out a long-length pistol, shouted presumptuously, and pulled the trigger in his hand.

The figures crawling in the snow stood up one after another, like wolves pounced on their prey, screamed like monsters, and launched a surprise attack on the north wall.

The battle is on the verge of breaking out!

There were less than four guards on duty standing on the concrete walls and towers, and they were caught off guard by the incoming bullets, and a round of firefights paid the price of two corpses.

The other two were also displeased. They were crushed behind the bunker by the whizzing bullets, unable to lift their heads at all.

A shrill alarm sounded in the farm.

The guards at the station immediately took up their weapons, and rushed to their respective combat positions as they had practiced countless times in the exercise.

Unlike the "Hyenas" hiding in the ruins, these predators are not only well-trained, but also equipped with legionary weapons, and their firepower is even more unusually ferocious.

In addition to bolt-action Ripper rifles, not only were they equipped with automatic weapons, they even had five or six light machine guns!

Even though Wrench rushed up to the wall heroically with his men immediately after the battle started, he still felt tremendous pressure in the face of the surprise attack of more than a hundred predators and the surging firepower.

Without the cooperation of trenches, just relying on a wall can't stop so many people at all.

Under the cover of firepower from the rear, a team of ten predators took the lead across the snow-covered trench and reached a place less than 20 meters away from the root of the wall of Starwood Farm.

"Molotov!"

"Smash them!"

The short-haired man shouted loudly, and a dozen predators behind him lit Molotov cocktails and smashed them towards the three-meter-high concrete wall.

With a clatter, flames shot up into the air.

Although these Molotov cocktails did not cause substantial casualties to the guards on the fence, they still caused them a lot of confusion.

This is a common tactic of the predators of the wasteland.

Use Molotov cocktails to create chaos and force the defender to leave the lit bunker. While compressing the defender's tactical space, concentrate their forces to launch a surprise attack on the weak point of the defense.

To a certain extent, the predators' offensive has worked.

More and more Molotov cocktails were thrown on the wall, and the wall was divided into several sections by the flames. A young guard desperately rushed up to the tower to replace the fallen comrades. He set up a light machine gun and fired towards the wall. However, within a few seconds, he was taken away by a barrel fired from the darkness.

Flames were burning on the tower.

"F*ck!"

Wrench, who was guarding the wall in the lead, cursed angrily, and threw out the wooden handle grenade that had pulled out the fuze.

With a bang, snowflakes splashed on an unlucky guy, and a predator fell on the spot.

However, in front of the wave-like attack, this grenade was like a stone thrown into the sea, unable to stop the raging waves at all.

The predator with a submachine gun rushed closer, took off the barrel on his back, and fired an iron fist towards the north gate.

The arm-thick rocket blasted a big hole through the iron gate, but did not break the gate open.

Seeing that the door failed, the predators did not give up, and immediately rushed forward and planted explosives.

The guards on the wall fired back, knocking down the two people who rushed close, but were quickly suppressed by bullets fired from a distance.

"There are too many of them!"

The wounded guard was leaning against the concrete wall stack, his arms were covered with blood, he endured the pain and shouted at the captain not far away.

"Sir! They put dynamite at the door!"

"Can you make a call there?"

"I tried...their firepower is too strong!"

Wrench gritted his teeth, made a decisive decision, and roared at the top of his voice.

"Everyone retreat!"

"Bring these bastards in!"

Inside the north gate of Starwood Farm is facing a construction site, where there are piles of bricks buried in snow and an unfinished dormitory building.

This dormitory building was originally intended to be used by refugees. However, due to the delay in the construction period due to heavy snow, the second floor was only built, and the outer wall of the third floor was only half repaired.

It is perfect for use as a cover!

At the same time as the voice fell, Wrench raised the rifle and swept the shuttle towards the outside of the bunker, attracting the firepower of the machine gun.

Seeing that his comrades had retreated to the stairs, he threw the last grenade, and then drove the exoskeleton, jumped down from the fence, and chased after the footsteps of his comrades to meet up.

Almost at the same time that the guards were withdrawing from the wall, a loud explosion came from the north gate.

The heat wave and flames that soared into the sky blasted the entire gate, and the snow on the ground collapsed several meters away.

Seeing the gate breached, the predators cheered and charged in with rifles in hand.

Fortunately, the people on the wall were removed in time.

If they were a little slower and were copied to the back by those predators, all the people on the wall would turn into birds on the trees and be beaten from a high place.

The guards who retreated into the apartment building finally got a chance to breathe.

Before the predators could completely rush in, Wrench immediately organized the remaining thirty guards and set up a new line of defense around the apartment building.

Some people scattered around the dormitory building, and some people set up machine guns at the windows, and started a fierce exchange of fire with the predators who rushed into the farm.

In less than ten minutes, the fighting situation has reached a fever pitch.

The two sides fought around the north wall of the farm, and each left more than ten corpses, all of which were red-hot.

In the face of brutal predators, the guards resisted tenaciously and their morale was high.

But helplessly, those predators had an absolute advantage in terms of numbers, equipment, and combat experience.

Many of them fought all the way here from the middle of the River Valley Province under the banner of Lion Tooth. During this period, they experienced countless battles, large and small, and countless villages were burned and destroyed.

As for the guards guarding here, many of them are recruits who have just completed their review. Their backgrounds are different, some are recruited from refugees, and some are from surrounding survivor settlements.

Some people may have experienced the test of blood and fire, but most of them are on the battlefield for the first time.

This is not lying in the trenches and shooting targets.

The murderous aura that hit his face was suffocating, the fire was burning right under his nose, and the strong smell of gunpowder even flooded his throat.

In the chaos, only the flickering fire was seen, and it was impossible to see where the people were.

As more and more predators made their way past the north gate, the guards had to shrink back again and again until they were completely back inside the dormitory building.

The outcome seems to have no suspense.

If nothing else, this battle should end within a few minutes.

Gray Wolf holding the binoculars looked in the direction of Starwood Farm, with a mocking smile on his lips.

"A bunch of weak chickens."

Victory came sooner than he had imagined.

Originally, he had heard that Black Snake had suffered twice in the hands of these people, and he was prepared for a hard fight, so he made a careful plan, and after observing outside for a whole day, he ordered the surprise attack tonight.

However, what he didn't expect was that after the fight, he realized that what stood in front of him was a group of rookies who had never been on the battlefield.

With less than ten casualties, his men rushed in without any effort and took the wall and tower

Is this an attack?

What a waste of expression!

The hyena prostrated at his feet bared its teeth excitedly, let out a hissing growl from its throat, and had a bloodthirsty gleam in its eyes.

It smells of death.

Looks like we can have an extra meal tonight!

"...It's so strange. I thought there were at least seventy or eighty of them, but there were at most forty when hearing the gunshots?"

Following Gray Wolf, the scout with a white cloth on his shoulders whispered, his eyes full of puzzlement.

He had been a scout for some time, and although he couldn't say that he could guess with 100% accuracy how many people were in the camp, with his rich experience, he rarely had more than double the error.

Standing on the other side of Gray Wolf, the burly man didn't hide the sarcasm on his face, looked at the blazing wall, and said tut-tsk.

"And they're all new recruits. Look at how they retreated. Many of them peed their pants in shock! Haha!"

His name is Wilo, he is one of Gray Wolf's confidantes, and he was also a mercenary who followed Gray Wolf to join the Bone Chew Tribe.

Not only is his marksmanship top-notch, he is also an awakener!

The scars engraved on the muscles are all proofs of bravery.

Seeing the brothers attacking the wall like a broken bamboo, Wilo rubbed his fists excitedly, and looked at Gray Wolf beside him.

"Boss, let me go too!"

If he too late, then he can't even drink soup, let's alone enjoy the thrill of battle!

The five ten-man teams left behind were originally to prevent the defenders from rushing out of the side door and outflanking their rear.

But now it seems that the opponent's manpower can't even fill the frontal battlefield. At this time, sending out troops to go around is no different from courting death.

It seems to be over.

Gray Wolf put down the binoculars, and after calmly thinking for a moment, he gave an order.

"You take a ten-man team and sneak along the east side to the south of them, don't let them run away."

"Remember, wait until they come out of the door before calling."

"Don't kill them all, keep two alive, I have something to ask them."

Chasing deserters? He is so good at this kind of meat-eating job!

"Yes!"

Wilo accepted the order excitedly, without saying a word, he immediately ran down the slope and came to his followers.

The pack of hungry wolves were already impatient, holding their rifles with bayonets installed, looking to the south, gearing up, eager to see through.

Looking at this group of little guys who is going to follow him, Wilo shouted excitedly.

"Brothers, follow me!"

"Don't let our prey get away!"

...

Escape is impossible.

The predators have surrounded the dormitory building, and the guards inside the building have no way out.

No one plans to return.

They have let go of the north gate.

If it is released here again, there will be no reliable bunkers to hold on to, and the predators will completely occupy the entire farm.

Here is the last line of defense!

After a fierce exchange of fire, predators had taken control of the side stairs of the dormitory building and threw a grenade up.

The flames exploded!

The gunshots upstairs stopped suddenly, and the predators squatting beside the stairs were about to attack upstairs, but at the very moment, the gunshots suddenly sounded from the darkness on the side.

"Ah da da da da da—!"

Tail, who rushed from the rear to the front line, strafed towards the wall of the dormitory building, and aggressively matched the bullets with his mouth.

Bullets flew randomly.

It's not just the sound of the gun that's frightening at full power, but also the splinters and dust that hit the wall.

The predators who were about to rush upstairs were taken aback by the sudden firepower in the darkness. They thought it was reinforcements arriving, so they didn't dare to continue to rush upstairs. He fired back at the source of the fire.

The bullets whizzed over, almost flying past the tail in the chaos.

Sisi, with quick eyesight and quick hands, pulled back the guy who rushed too fast.

At almost the same time, a dense rain of bullets hit the pile of red bricks in front of them, and the broken bricks and slag fell all over the floor.

Being crushed by the light machine gun, she couldn't lift her head at all.

Holding the rifle and leaning against Tail behind the bunker, she said indignantly.

"Damn it! If that White Bear is with Tail to support here, how nice it be!"

"I think that would be even worse," Sisi said.

Let go of the hand holding the collar of Tail, Sisi glanced at the map on the VM screen, and was about to think about the attack route, when a look of surprise suddenly appeared on his face.

"Hey, how could I forget such an important thing."

Tail looked at her quickly.

"What's wrong?"

Sisi said.

"It's nothing, um...it doesn't matter anyway, our reinforcements have already arrived."

"Huh?! So fast?"

"Look over there."

Seeing the startled Tail, Sisi stretched out his hand, pointed to the house next to the guide and continued, "Remember? That's our save point."

Although there are not as many people here as there are in the outpost, the people who come to Starwood Farm to do missions in this weather are basically professional combat players, if not thighs.

At the same time when the battle situation on the front line became anxious, more than 90 dormant warehouses were opened at the save point on the south side of Starwood Farm.

Accompanied by the sound of air leaking, faces poked out from the open hatch.

Sleepy Moon Fox: "F*ck, I'm having lunch now! Does the planner have no family???"

Keeping People Under The Knife: "Hahaha, I'm eating too! I made dumplings at home. I just ate a plate when I saw someone in the group calling for work!"

I'm the Darkest: "Hurry up! I've only eaten half of my takeaway! I ordered it for 20 pieces!"

Keeping People Under The Knife: "Where's Night Commander? Is not he should lead the team!"

Night Commander, who was busy putting on the exoskeleton, couldn't help but spit out when he heard this.

"Damn! Why are you talking to your father like that?"

"Don't beep beep," The rifle in his hand was loaded, and Keeping People Under The Knife rolled his eyes at him, "What's the use of wearing this thing? I haven't seen you rushing forward."

"You know my ass!" Night Commander pulled up his pants cursingly, and put on his shoes, "If I fall down, will I rely on you to command?"

The equipment is next to the hibernation pod.

The preparations were completed within half a minute, some players had already been killed, and a small number of players assembled separately.

Counting the number of team members in the shortest time, exactly 20 people formed into two teams of ten, Night Commander gave an order without hesitation.

"Group A followed the I'm the Darkest guys to the front line to shoot and reinforce the NPCs in the unfinished building. Group B followed me. Let's stick to the east wall and go around, aim for the north gate, and cut off their retreat!"

"These bastards don't talk about common sense at all, but they imitate us to carry out night raids! And that too at New Year's Day."

"Let's go tell them now, what is real tactical penetration!"

Everyone's morale is high.

Especially I'm the Darkest, excitedly fired two shots towards the ceiling.

"Aww!"

"Damn it!"

...

One kilometer to the north of Starwood Farm.

Hearing the endless gunshots ahead, Gray Wolf took out his rusty pocket watch and glanced at it, frowning slightly.

Half an hour had passed since they captured the North Gate, and it had been a while since his fierce general Wilo set off.

It stands to reason that this battle should have ended long ago.

However, for some reason, the gunfire from the front line became more and more intense, and there was no sign of ending the fight for a long time.

Could it be that reinforcements have arrived?

Impossible……

It is at least 10 kilometers from the urban area of ​​Spring City to here, and the snow along the road can even be buried to the knees. Even if they have transportation, they will not be much faster than two legs.

Even if they responded as soon as the attack happened, it would take an hour to arrive from the urban area conservatively.

And this is assuming they have someone who can reinforce them.

It is impossible for a person to fall from the sky, right?

"Why haven't they finished yet?"

Gray Wolf felt a faint premonition in his heart, and his instinct on the battlefield told him that the ten teams that entered the wall might be in trouble.

Picking up the binoculars, he glanced in the direction of Starwood Farm.

The concrete fence blocked the view, and it was impossible to see from here what was going on inside the fence.

However, at this moment, a few figures suddenly appeared in Gray Wolf's field of vision, and they showed panicked expressions, rushing out of the north gate in a panic.

Gray Wolf was slightly taken aback.

When he saw the faces of those people and the equipment on their bodies clearly, his eyes widened in an instant, wishing they could fall out of their sockets.

Those few deserters were none other than his subordinates.

"Boss, the situation on the front line doesn't seem to be very good..."

The scout standing aside swallowed. He had an ominous premonition from just now, but he never dared to say it.

But now, this premonition is getting stronger.

"What are these idiots doing!"

More than a hundred people!

Dealing with a mere forty or so novices, they turned out to be such a pain!

Gray Wolf couldn't help cursing, wishing to cut off the heads of all the ten men team captains who led the team and feed them to the dogs.

"Crack..."

The Hyena, which was crawling at his feet, suddenly bristled all over its hair, and hissed and growled from its bared teeth.

The irritable Gray Wolf had no time to appease it, so he casually said something.

"Wait a little longer, I'll have something for you later."

The Hyena whimpered, and bit his trouser leg and pulled it back. The annoyed Gray Wolf kicked the beast aside, and walked in front of his other four henchmen.

"Take your men up."

"By the way, kill those two deserters."

"Yes!"

The four captains took the order, and led the eager predators to attack the north gate of Starwood Farm aggressively.

Gray Wolf took out a flare gun from his arms and fired a shot into the sky.

This flare gun was handed to him by Captain Lion Tooth himself, and he was instructed to send a signal immediately after capturing the fortress, and reinforcements would arrive in batches.

Although it was a little early now, he felt that it was about time.

The flickering phosphorescent light flew in the sky like a lamp lighting up the night sky.

Gray Wolf squinted his eyes and looked in the direction of Starwood Farm. Two deserters had been shot, and more than forty people had already approached the north gate of the farm and were about to enter.

However, at this moment, two lights suddenly lit up in the night, and they were getting closer and closer from the east side of Starwood Farm.

The abnormality was discovered first, and the scouts on the side cried out in surprise.

"Boss! It's a truck!"

Startled, Gray Wolf suddenly raised his binoculars and looked in the direction of the two lights, only to see a truck speeding across the snow.

What's up with that speed?!

It wasn't until the truck continued to drive forward for a while with ups and downs that Gray Wolf finally saw it clearly. I saw that under the chassis of the truck, there were no tires at all, but two black...tracks?!

And the track seems to be made of rubber?!

Gray Wolf's expression changed wildly.

Especially when he saw the things on the back of the truck, there was a trace of fear in his eyes.

The four thick and long barrels are connected in series, pointing directly at the north gate of Starwood Farm, aiming at his predators who climbed the wall, and the forty or so people who touched the north gate.

The truck came to a stop on a gentle slope.

The slightly tilted quadruple cannon on the rear compartment was laid flat.

Next second——

The thick and long tongue of flame spurts suddenly!

Bang bang bang resounded throughout the snowfield, and orange tracers were like spears piercing the night. In just a few breaths, dozens of high-explosive bombs were poured into the snow in front of the north gate!

There is no time to hide, and there is nowhere to hide.

The more than forty predators who touched the north gate were like mosquitoes that had been slapped to death on the wall. In an instant, their flesh and blood flew all over the place.

"No--!"

The pupils were bloodshot in an instant, Gray Wolf's eyes widened, his canthus was about to split open, and a voice of despair poured out from his hoarse throat, as if blood was dripping from his heart.

Those people are his confidants.

It is the power he has accumulated over the past few months!

And now—

Everything has come to naught.

The predators occupying the wall in the distance were all frightened by the sudden firepower, and jumped off the wall in a panic.

The situation took a turn for the worse.

The sudden and hasty gunshots seemed to be the last madness.

The center of gravity of the battlefield was pushed back to the north gate, and more and more deserters appeared, fleeing from the north gate as if frightened.

But that was the beginning of their nightmare.

This lonely fortress located on the wasteland was surrounded by white snow, and even the trenches were buried.

The quadruple-mounted cannon on the truck had obviously finished loading.

What awaits them will be a massacre!

Looking at the tragic battle in the distance, Gray Wolf felt as if a piece of ice had been stuffed in his throat. The chill and powerlessness that penetrated his bones reminded him of the purgatory he had seen in the north.

The scout standing beside him trembled and said tremblingly.

"Boss, boss... shall we... continue to fight?"

Continue? What to continue with?

A bitter expression appeared on Gray Wolf's face, and he looked to the northwest - the Tuna District, which is about nine kilometers away.

It's probably his only way out there.

There is no vehicle that can pass through the dense forest. As long as he passes through that forest, he will have a chance to return to Clay Town in the north and join the large army...

But then what?

Looking at the signal flares falling slowly from the sky, Gray Wolf looked at the scouts beside him.

"You go northwest, and you can go back through the woods."

The scout froze for a moment.

"Then, what about you?"

Gray Wolf glanced south.

"I'll cut it off for you."

3