Chapter 225. Why did you vote?
65 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hahaha! Awesome! Your machine guns are too cool—no, it's too f*cking balance Breaking!"

Sitting on the gun emplacement in the back of the truck, Mosquito desperately pulled the trigger and shot, yelling excitedly.

Forty rounds of high-explosive bombs are fully loaded, and only the sound of bang bang is heard when the shuttle passes by. That scene is much more exciting than setting off fireworks.

I have to blow a wave, the explosion effects and damage effects of this game are so real!

It's not like "Science and Technology V", where the anti-aircraft cannon with the big fist sweeps over, and the less powerful one is like soaking in water. It's outrageous to hit someone without causing any harm!

"MMP! Can you save some ammo!" Sitting on the truck, Brother Levin cursed while looking at the rearview mirror.

The shuttle just now wiped out half of their inventory.

As for? Forty people ran together in the snow, and there was no place to hide nearby. One shot of fragments can kill two people in the past, so can't they be shot?!

"What are you afraid of! Isn't someone paying for the ammunition? How can there be a new order if the ammunition is not finished? I am stocking it for you!"

Mosquito smiled and looked at Brother Yamass next to him, and continued talking happily.

"Brother, help me reload! I'll sprinkle some more!"

In the previous wave, it was said that four teams were wiped out.

If they don't die, they should be disabled at least!

There is no doubt, today's MVP of the audience must be the one who didn't run away!

Mosquito felt very good, but Brother Yamasaa who had been waiting beside him for a long time only heard a noise.

Seeing that this guy still wanted to hit the shuttle, he immediately became angry.

"Get out!"

"Hurry up and get down, it's time for your father to do some action!"

How about firing two shots? What is this called two shots?!

"Don't panic, don't panic, I'm so accurate, let me hit the shuttle again!"

"Hit my ass! How the hell do you want to hit the shuttle again?! I only brought 80 high-explosive rounds in total, and if you hit the shuttle again, it will be gone!"

Mosquito and Brother Yamasaa are still making noise.

Big Eyes in Debt, who jumped out of the truck earlier, was holding on to the door and throwing up.

"Vomit--"

The light card set track was driving fast, jumping up and down, rushing up a slope like flying in the sky, he felt that he had given out all the food he ate yesterday.

Taking out the LD-47j light machine gun from the car, The Boy On The Construction Site inserted the thick drum, and glanced at Big Eyes in Debt's Brother who was still vomiting.

"Can you do it?"

"I can't say... no! Good brother, wait for me, I ate too much just now—vomit!"

The hand had just retracted from the car door for a second, and it went up again.

Seeing the disgraceful guy, he shook his head while paddling, and loaded the assault rifle in his hand.

"We can't count on him anymore, let's go."

Big Eyes in Debt: "Damn! Is it so real? What about brotherhood?"

Edge Paddle ignored him.

"Come on, brothers!"

"Target the north gate, hurry up, and grab the point, let's attack back and forth with the brothers on the front line!"

Don't let the anti-aircraft guns finish the fries!

Before Brother Edge could finish speaking, The Boy On The Construction Site from the strength department, had already charged forward with a machine gun in his hand.

"Go, go, go!"

...

On the other side, Wilo had already circled to the south gate of Starwood Farm with ten elite predators.

According to Gray Wolf's order, he will ambush the defenders who escaped from the south gate here, and catch them all.

However, what made him depressed was that after he walked around here and waited for a long time, he still didn't see anyone slipping out of the door.

Just when Wilo was wondering whether the survivors in the farm were wiped out by the brothers who rushed in, he saw a signal flare rising into the sky.

Signal flare?

He froze.

"Boss, it's the boss's flare!" The predators saw it and said immediately.

"I'm not blind!"

Wilo cursed and looked up at the flaming mass in the sky, his eyes filled with confusion.

He knew what that flare meant.

Gray Wolf told him before departure that the commander personally handed it over to him, and agreed to call for reinforcements after the fortress was captured.

But the front is obviously not finished yet?

The gunshots that sounded like firecrackers became more and more intense.

Just when he couldn't figure it out, a truck drove across the snow field to the front line at an incredible speed from a distance of one kilometer away from them.

Before everyone realized what had happened, they heard thunder-like cannonballs in front of them.

Yes. It was the sound of cannon.

Wilo was sure that he heard correctly, he had worked as a mercenary with Gray Wolf in the north, he knew very well what this voice meant.

The thunderous bang made his heart skip a beat.

He didn't even have time to think about how those survivors drove the truck as fast as the plane on the snow, and the road to the south lit up with two approaching headlights.

Soon he saw a light truck driving straight towards them.

Reinforcement!

Wilo, who was ambushing on the side of the road, was startled, and immediately looked at the guy next to him carrying the tube.

"Blow up their truck to me! Absolutely don't let it drive into the stronghold!"

"Yes!"

The predators had a high level of combat quality. After receiving the order, he immediately took off the Iron Fist bazooka on his back, and crawled beside the snowdrift on the side of the road, preparing to fight when the truck approached.

However, just as he set up the tube in his hand, the truck on the opposite side seemed to have opened its eyes. The machine gun on the roof aimed directly at him, and the muzzle of the gun shot out flames instantly.

Da da da--!

The orange-yellow ballistics wove a web.

In the blink of an eye, the predators carrying the tube had no time to react, a stream of blood mist exploded from his body, and was smashed into a sieve by the incoming bullets.

The predators crawling in the snow were frightened silly by this scene.

Especially Wilo, who didn't know how his side was exposed.

Drones? Or the Awakened??

Whatever it was, the other side had obviously spotted them. The truck stopped steadily in the middle of the road, three hundred meters away, and the head of the car with the lights on was facing them.

If nothing else is done, they will all die here!

"Spread!"

Wilo roared loudly, picked up the tube that fell on the ground, and rushed towards the reverse slope first.

"Go around the reverse slope!"

Almost as soon as the words fell, a deadly rain of bullets swept over, and two more predators who couldn't dodge fell down.

The vehicle-mounted machine gun burst into fire, setting off a series of exploding snowflakes on the snow.

No longer caring about life and death under the management, Wilo, who was carrying a bazooka, gritted his teeth and rushed forward along the reverse slope.

The distance of 300 meters was already beyond the range of the Iron Fist rocket launcher. He had to get close to a distance of 150 meters, or even 100 meters, in order to ensure that the bulky warhead could effectively hit the target.

However, at this moment, the vehicle-mounted machine gun suddenly stopped firing.

Is it reloading?

Wilo was slightly surprised, but he didn't think too much, and seized the opportunity to rush forward.

However, at this moment, the expression on his face froze instantly.

Right in front of him, a power armor holding a warhammer was watching him quietly.

It doesn't really matter what the power armor is holding in its hand.

It only took Wilo a second to make a choice.

Throwing away the bazooka in his hand, he raised his hands above his head and knelt on the snow, shouting loudly with the power of awakening.

"Surrender! I surrender!"

Lucius, who was about to make a move, was taken aback for a moment, and the lines that were just brewing on his lips were held back again.

Good guy. They all rushed here.

Why did I vote?!

...

"I surrender!"

Facing the glare of the headlights, Gray Wolf with its arms raised up, walked towards the north gate of Starwood Farm.

The battle around here has ended, and from the densely packed bullet marks on the wall, it can be seen how brutal the battle was tens of minutes ago.

Looking at the stumped limbs and arms on the ground, as well as the blood-soaked snowdrifts, Gray Wolf felt a biting cold.

The guard walking towards him had cold eyes.

Gray Wolf could feel that they wished they could pick up the gun on the ground, and then shoot him on the spot openly.

Gray Wolf couldn't help but rejoice in his heart, it seemed that he had made the right bet. The reserve of civilized people makes these people reluctant to take action against captives, and they are the same as those in the Great Rift Valley.

If it was in other places, even if he raised his hands, he might end up being hanged at the gate of the city.

Such a disastrous failure, coupled with the signal flare that was fired in advance, will definitely die if you go back. If he doesn't go back, is there any other place to go around here, and the knee-deep snow can't make him run too far.

Surrender is the only way to survive. At least without being thrown into a frying pan, or freezing to death in the snow.

"I surrender."

Worried that these people would shoot, Gray Wolf repeated with his hands raised, and continued to speak while looking at the man who seemed to be the leader of these people.

"There is a thousand-man team stationed in Clay Town, and I am just a trivial mercenary, a cannon fodder sent here to fight."

"You have won, and there is no point in killing me, and my death means nothing to Lion Tooth. But if you give me a way out, I may help you win."

Wrench in the exoskeleton steps forward.

Only half of the bulletproof plate made of polymer material on his chest remained, and there were still two crushed warheads embedded in that half of the bulletproof plate.

Wrench stared at him for a while, then looked away from his face, and looked at the boy with blood on his face.

"Take him to see Master Manager."

The boy looked at Gray Wolf with hatred on his face, although he wanted to tear him into pieces, he still nodded in obedience to the order.

"Yes."

Gray Wolf obediently walked ahead with his hands raised, without making any suspicious moves.

He knew that the man behind was waiting for a chance to shoot, and he couldn't let him succeed.

Pass through Starwood Farm and arrive at the South Gate.

Two trucks were parked there, surrounded by heavily armed men, and squatting on the ground were the ambushes he had sent to intercept the defenders.

Judging from the relaxed expressions on the faces of the heavily armed survivors, they should not have encountered too much resistance, and it was even possible that when they arrived here, the battle had already ended, so that many people's faces even with some... er, sorry?

To Gray Wolf's embarrassment, among the few captives squatting on the ground, he happened to see his confidant Wilo.

Wilo, who was squatting with his head in his hands, also saw him.

The four eyes are facing each other.

Both of them were a little embarrassed, and unconsciously looked away.

At this time, a dark blue powered armor walked towards this side.

After seeing the power armor, Gray Wolf finally understood why Wilo was not injured at all.

Good guy. Even power armor.

Is this still a thread?

No matter how strong the Awakened are, they are still mortal bodies, and the only ones who can compete with power armor are the real "Monsters" like Deathclaw or Queen Claw Crab.

Lucius didn't talk nonsense with this man, looked at his face, and got straight to the point.

"Name."

Gray Wolf bowed his head respectfully and said.

"Grey Wolf, my lord."

"Centurion? Or a staff officer?"

"It is the centurion, my lord."

Before Lucius could open his mouth to ask again, Gray Wolf took the initiative to speak in a respectful tone.

"Lord of Spring City...Master Manager, the bravery of you and your subordinates is impressive. I know that I am not your opponent. Please give me a chance to turn to the light."

It's okay to cast aside the darkness and turn to the light.

Lucius stared at him for a while, and thought this guy was quite interesting, so he couldn't help laughing.

"I don't hate interesting people. If you had brought people here to surrender to me from the beginning, I might have found you a chair to sit in. But don't you think it's too late to say this now?"

Gray Wolf said with his head down.

"My lord, I'm just a mercenary. To the people of the Bone Chew Tribe, I'm just a foreigner who can fight. Even if I admire your—"

"It's early in the morning, it's not time to tell jokes, don't waste my time," Lucius interrupted impatiently, staring at him and said, "You have two ways now, go squat over there, or Tell me something that makes me think you are useful."

Then squat in another place. But working in a brick kiln is a little more comfortable than clearing roads in heavy snow.

Gray Wolf didn't dare to hesitate, let alone ask for any conditions, and quickly explained everything he knew.

As Vanus speculated, the thousand-man team of predators stationed in Clay Town, 20 kilometers away, was not the same group of predators who attacked Winter Willow Camp and the tram factory before, but a group of predators named Lion Tooth led by the commander of the army.

Due to the lack of enough vehicles for the thousand-man team led by Lion Tooth, the marching speed was very slow, and the pace of going south to plunder fell behind the Black Snake.

It wasn't until the first blizzard in the southern part of the River Valley Province that they barely reached Clay Town, and they had to stop going south and set up camp in that area to avoid the blizzard.

"...The Black Snakes have a lot of vehicles, and they may even have a legion tank, so they walked much faster than us, and arrived in the southern suburbs of Caxton City half a month earlier than planned."

"Originally, according to the agreement, after passing through Caxton City, they should go east along the plain corridor in the south of the River Valley Province, go to Red River Town to plunder, and expand the territory to the east. But they didn't abide by the rules, and It continued to go south and stretched its claws to the northern suburbs of Spring City... This was originally the site that the leader rewarded Lion Tooth."

"Their behavior annoyed Lion Tooth, especially since they refused an invitation to hunt together after rendezvous, intending to eat alone."

"So you did it early?" Lucius looked at him and asked.

Gray Wolf nodded.

"Lion Tooth intends to build a bridgehead in the northern suburbs of Spring City before the snow melts, allowing large troops to pass through the snow. And I am the vanguard sent by Lion Tooth, but now it seems... I should be treated as cannon fodder .”

Lucius hehe.

"So you were forced to?"

Gray Wolf said with a wry smile.

"My lord, before I joined them, I was just a mercenary who exchanged my life for money. Many of my subordinates, including many of them, are outsiders to them. Our lives are insignificant to them. Being treated as cannon fodder is not what a rarity."

Lucius chuckled, but didn't take his words to heart.

Reasons are of no importance at all. Who cares whether he was eager for quick success and came to Spring City on his own initiative, or was sent here to kill himself as cannon fodder.

Lucius didn't even bother to verify the truth about such an insignificant matter.

There are more worthy of his attention.

For example--

"You said that the Black Snake might have a tank? What is the tank like, how thick is the armor, what is the caliber, and the tonnage? And... what is the power source?"

Hearing this series of questions, Gray Wolf looked blank and said immediately.

"I haven't seen it... It's just that Lion Tooth often complains that the leader actually rewarded that guy with a tank, and he didn't even get an armored vehicle."

After a pause, Gray Wolf continued to speak with a serious face.

"Your Excellency, you must be careful. That Lion Tooth is a very cunning guy. Although there is a lion in his name, he is more like a hyena. In addition, the Tooth Clan he belongs to is also a direct descendant of the Bone Chew Tribe. And Warham City in the north of you is the stronghold of the Tooth Clan!"

After listening to Gray Wolf's words, Lucius had a preliminary understanding of the Bone Chew Tribe's strategic deployment in the southern part of the River Valley Province.

In fact, there is no deployment.

These predators, who live by plunder, are like barbarians, whoever grabs what they grab, but they just happen to hold the sharp weapon of civilization in their hands.

After a little thought, Lucius continued.

"Now I will give you a chance to redeem your sins. The equipment, number of people, supplies, patrol routes, and defense facilities including trenches, foxholes, and machine gun fire points owned by the thousand-man team stationed in Clay Town, Just write down everything you know and put it on a map."

Gray Wolf nodded respectfully.

"Yes, my lord."

After someone took this guy down, Lucius continued to interrogate several captives separately, and the information he got from them was not much different from what Gray Wolf provided to him.

After summarizing the collected information, Lucius summoned Vanus at the temporary command post of Starwood Farm, and dropped the notebook in his hand.

"You guessed it right, now we are facing two thousand-man teams, and there may be two or three thousand people in total."

"Fortunately though, they're not monolithic."

"Lion Tooth stationed in the north has about 1,500 people under its command, and their reinforcements are suspected to be a little further north. There are not many people in the Black Snake to the northeast of us, about 1,000 people, and they were severely beaten by us before. But the trouble is, there are so many cars on the Black Snake side, maybe we can get together twenty or thirty trucks, and maybe even a tank from your army."

Vanus asked immediately.

"What type of tank is it?"

Lucius replied.

"I don't know."

Vanus shook his head.

"There are mainly three types of tanks carried by the expeditionary force, one is the Conqueror No. 5 light tank used to deal with infantry, the other is the Conqueror No. 10 heavy tank that cooperates with the infantry to advance and undertake anti-armor tasks, and the other is the Conqueror No. For support purposes, the chassis of the Conqueror 10 is used, and the main gun is replaced with a 100mm howitzer."

Lucius asked.

"If it is the latter two, can it be penetrated with a 20mm cannon?"

Vanus was silent for a while.

"Should be able to break the tracks, I'm not sure."

Lucius: "..."

"In fact, the tank is not difficult to deal with, especially if there is only one. I think what you should worry about now is not the problem of the tank, but..."

After a pause, Vanus looked at the map on the wall.

"Your enemy in the north is probably not an advance team sent to establish a bridgehead in the northern suburbs."

Lucius frowned.

"You mean Gray Wolf is lying?"

Vanus shook his head.

"It may not be a lie, or it may be that I don't know. After all, if I were the commander, I would definitely not tell him all my plans."

The line of sight that stopped on the map moved from Clay Town to the southern suburbs of Caxton City, Vanus continued thinking.

"If I were the commander, I knew that my opponent would be difficult to deal with, and my friendly forces would not cooperate with me. I am afraid that this battle would cost a lot of casualties."

"I have two choices."

"Either inform my superiors."

"Or force them to do it first."

3