Chapter 226. Funeral
57 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the battle.

Lucius asked people to count the casualties.

There were 37 guards stationed at Starwood Farm, 25 were killed, 4 were seriously injured, and the rest were slightly injured.

A total of 221 players participated in the battle, but only half of them actually met the enemy. Many reinforcements from the outpost had just arrived on the battlefield, and the previous battle was over.

Except for the 4 people killed in the melee and 2 seriously injured, the rest were minor injuries, even if motion sickness was counted, there were less than 10 of them.

Since there is no irreversible damage, the injured player can just lie down in the training cabin of the refuge for a while, and there is no big problem.

As for the Predator, although the offensive was overwhelming at first, as the players joined the battlefield, they were quickly pressed to the ground and rubbed against each other.

A total of 107 people were annihilated, and 40 of them were killed by Mosquito cannons. When people were searched by Edge Paddle, only one of them was still half alive. Because the picture was too hideous, Brother Edge couldn't bear to look at it, so he gave him some rest.

In addition, there are more than forty people, half of them are seriously injured, and more than 40% are slightly injured.

Slaughtering those who give up resistance is not a righteous act, and the wrench did not execute these captives, but that does not mean forgiveness.

It's too cheap for them to die.

They should use labor to repent in the ice and snow, and reclaim the wasteland north of Lonia Lake, until they pay for their sins or die.

Because there were not enough cells, everyone was stuffed into a warehouse. The small ones didn't even have a place to lie down, and the dark ones couldn't reach their fingers.

Without medicines or even bandages, some of the seriously wounded captives quickly lost their breath, and even if they were still alive, it would be hard for them to get through the night.

...

On the other side, the guard station. Place the wounded in the house.

The boy with a bandage on his stomach was lying on his back on a stretcher, weak and only half breathed.

He was shot at least twice in the stomach and had a piece of shrapnel lodged in his shoulder.

With such a serious injury, in the wasteland with poor medical conditions, it can basically be issued a death certificate.

He didn't feel too much sadness in his heart. When he picked up the gun, he thought he would die, but he didn't expect this day to come so soon.

If I have any regrets, it's probably that I didn't drink the hot New Year's soup that night in the end.

I really want to know what it tastes like...

Just when he felt a little sleepy, he vaguely heard someone calling his name.

"Yamola!"

Trying to open his eyes a crack, Yamola saw a young man with a bandaged arm running towards him.

"...Sunny?"

"Yamola! Great, you're still alive!"

Laughing weakly, Yamola was about to say something when Sunny hurriedly took out a needle and stuck it in his arm.

There was no tingling sensation.

Yamola even wondered if there were any needles.

Looking at his relieved friend, he hesitated a little and said.

"This is?"

"Therapeutic needle! It was given to us by the Manager. It is said that as long as there is half a breath, people can be saved!"

Sunny chuckled, and continued speaking with relief.

"It can be regarded as catching up! I thought it was too late!"

Medical Needle?

Yamola was taken aback.

Can that thing work? Just when he was thinking this way, the wounds on his stomach and shoulders were like ten thousand ants crawling over, making it so itchy that one couldn't help but want to scratch them.

The pain sensation began to return.

This is a good thing.

Yamola gradually felt that his cold body seemed to be warming up, and his originally trance consciousness gradually woke up.

His eyes widened in disbelief.

Really work?!

It's amazing!

Seeing Yamola recovering gradually, Sunny reached out to hold his arm and said excitedly.

"Brother, are you feeling better?"

Yamola nodded.

"It's better...but the shrapnel from my shoulder hasn't been removed yet."

Sunny said.

"You are too weak now to have an operation, and the shrapnel may have to wait for a while to recover."

Having said that, he sighed with emotion.

"Hey, it's a pity that the pimple soup is all mushy, but it tastes good after reheating it. Do you think you can eat now? If you can, I'll get you a bowl."

When Yamola heard that there was something to eat, he suddenly regained his energy and reached out to support the bed.

"Let's go together."

"Go together?"

Before Sunny could react, he was surprised to see that his good brother, who was only half breathed a few minutes ago, sat up from the bed.

Touching his stomach, Yamola said with a smile.

"I don't know for sure, but I feel better... You see, there's nothing wrong with it."

With that said, he jumped off the bed numbly, urging his friend.

"Hurry up, it's getting cold again!"

It wasn't just Yamola who recovered, the other three seriously injured guards also recovered with the help of treatment.

However, although the healing needle can speed up the recovery, it cannot regenerate the severed limb, nor can it restore the burned skin to its original state.

Yamola was probably the luckiest, the two bullets didn't hit the vital points.

If it is a little bit lower or a little bit higher, he will probably have to spend the rest of his life in regret.

"Is the medicine all gone?"

Standing at the gate of the guard station, Lucius found Wrench who was directing the aftermath.

This man is also a ruthless person. The polymer bulletproof plate hanging in front of the "Type Five" exoskeleton has been completely broken. He was shot in the left arm and right leg respectively, but he was driven by the exoskeleton tenaciously, and fought to the end.

Different from players. They have no impairment of pain perception. There is no second life either.

This bravery is at least worthy of a silver medal!

"It's already been sent..." Noticing Manager's gaze on his chest, Wrench looked down, his expression instantly a little ashamed, "Sorry, I broke the equipment you gave me."

Lucius looked at him and said.

"Hold your head up, you have done a good job. If the equipment is broken, you can repair it, and if you can't repair it, you can replace it with a new one, but you only have one life. I hope you can regard the latter as more important than the former."

Four treatment needles, two boxes of anti-inflammatory drugs, and more than ten boxes of hemostatic bandages.

In the past, Lucius despised the useless intermediate blind box, but this time it came in handy.

However, this wave of consumption has almost emptied his medicine reserves.

The battle is imminent.

It seems that the points have been accumulated to 120 points, so let's throw them on the intermediate blind box when I go back this time.

There was a touch of emotion on Wrench's face.

He knew how expensive the exoskeleton was after going to the store.

Lifting his head, he said in a sonorous voice.

"Yes, my lord!"

Lucius looked at him and nodded approvingly.

"I'll have a steel breastplate made for you later on. Now, take me to see the wounded."

"Yes!" Wrench nodded excitedly, leading the way.

Just as the two were walking towards the inside of the guard station, a young man was slipping out of the station.

With the north wind blowing outside, Yamola tightened his coat with many holes, and walked towards the north.

A big battle broke out here just before, and the ground was covered with trampled snow and muddy water mixed with blood. Shocking footprints were hard on the ground, not yet completely frozen.

Several guards who had been reinforced stood nearby on duty, supervising several prisoners of war who dragged the corpses to the open space and lined up.

The corpses were easily recognizable, the guards all wore black overcoats, and the raiders mostly wore ugly furs.

The bodies of those guards were covered with cloth or other things.

The body of the looter is placed face up, and will be towed away by a truck in a while.

Corpses will attract scavenging alien species, and are more likely to bring plagues, so they must be disposed of in time.

Noticing the boy wrapped in a coat, a guard stepped up and urged him to leave.

"Hey, what are you shaking here, go back quickly, be careful that the wound is frozen."

Yamola muttered in a low voice.

"I'll go back later, I'll find someone."

Seeing the expression on his face, the guard was startled.

After a moment of silence, he nodded.

"Then hurry up."

"Thanks!"

After nodding his thanks, Yamola trotted in immediately. After searching for a while among the dead, he finally found the person he was looking for.

Breathing paused slightly. Trembling fingers lifted the sackcloth.

Glancing at frosty wrinkles and eyebrows, Yamola's Adam's apple twitched, and this time he finally believed what his comrades told him.

After a long silence without words, Yamola silently took out a still warm lunch box from his arms and placed it next to the old man's face.

"... The captain told me that it takes more courage than facing the Deathclaw."

"He also said, thanks to you, we responded immediately, otherwise the consequences would be disastrous."

"He said that our enemies are much stronger than Bloody Hands, and defeating them is something to be proud of. We have not only defeated our enemies, but we have also defeated our past."

"The captain also said a lot of things, but I can't remember them all. I just remember that the pimple soup is quite delicious, especially when it is just scooped out of the pot, the whole body is hot after one sip..."

"...I put it here."

Yamola was about to get up when he suddenly saw the whistle biting on the chapped lips.

After a moment of silence, Yamola stretched out his hand and gently tugged at the whistle that was bitten by his teeth, and took it out of his mouth.

He found an unbroken pocket on the scarred overcoat, and carefully put it in for safekeeping.

"Thanks."

"I'll keep it safe for you."

After saying something in a low voice, the boy covered him with a cloth, stood up, gave a military salute, and walked towards the guard station...

...

Official Website:

[ Full Server Announcement: The emergency mission is over, thank you everyone, you have foiled the predator's raid, the victory belongs to you! ]

[ Full Server Announcement: All players who respond to the mobilization will receive a bronze gear medal, and the team with the highest score will receive a silver gear medal. ]

[ Battle rewards will be settled later, I wish everyone a happy holiday.

For the natives of the wasteland, the price of any victory is heavy.

But for players who do not belong to this world, this is just a game for them after all.

After taking off their helmets, they still have to eat unfinished dumplings, or reheat the cold takeaway, and they may still have unfinished work to do in a while.

Lucius pondered for a long time, but in the end he didn't write his heavy heart in the announcement.

Today is New Year's Day.

There was a funeral at dawn. The battle report can wait until tomorrow.

Things other than the main line can be written in the setting collection of the official website information, or placed in the game as easter eggs for players to discover by themselves.

They've done a great job. Human nature should not be plotted by dog planner.

Forum:

Scrambled Eggs: "Brothers, how is the situation on the front line? Is the team battle over?"

Badass Bunny: "It's a lonely fight. When we rushed over from the outpost, the front has already been fought."

Tail: "The tail is the first one! This time it must be the MVP! (`?′)Ψ"

WC Really Has Mosquitoes: "Don't think about it, the MVP must be me, I wiped out four teams by myself! Hahaha (⁠ノ⁠≧⁠∇⁠≦⁠)⁠ノ⁠ ⁠ミ⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻"

Tail:"!!!"

Keeping People Under The Knife: "F*ck?!"

Get Up Ten Times A Night: "Damn it! Are you cheating?!"

The Thunder King: "If you don't understand, ask, how many people are in the fourth team?"

8th Level Gale: "Predators are usually a team of ten..."

The Thunder King: "Awesome!"

Quit Smoking: "So strong?!"

Irena: "Yes, yes, goblin technology is rising strongly. (⁠✯⁠ᴗ⁠✯⁠)"

Yamasaa, I Want To Go To The Toilet: "Awesome my ass! The cannon is ours! (⁠ノ⁠`⁠Д⁠´⁠)⁠ノ⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻"

Master Of Love: "Laugh, that's all? It's less than a company. In my uncle's regiment, the weakest cook has a hundred lives in his hands. There are only forty, not even a rookie."

Irena: "Brother, although we are on the game forum, but we don't believe in nonsense, at least not this level of nonsense. ✧⁠◝⁠(⁠⁰⁠▿⁠⁰⁠)⁠◜⁠✧"

...

The funeral of the fallen guard took place early the next morning.

All the guards lined up at the north gate, fired three shots into the sky, and then loaded the bodies of the dead onto trucks.

In the wasteland, burying in the soil is equivalent to giving food to the alien species, and many alien species have the habit of planting food and digging holes in the soil.

Given the choice, almost no one would opt for burial.

The wish of most of the guards is to go to the iron furnace like those blue coats who helped them.

There are also people who wish to be cremated and have their ashes scattered in lakes, on tall buildings, or wherever they fought and defended.

No one knows their last wishes better than their comrades-in-arms, and those who survive will do those "After things" for them.

Stayed all the way to the end at the funeral.

Before leaving, Lucius suddenly noticed that several players were also watching from a distance, and they stayed until the end like him.

Sleepy Moon Fox: "By the way... the NPCs in this game are dead, can't they be refreshed?"

Red Face Boxer: "It should be. I remember that if the NPC dies, it seems to be gone forever, but there will be other people to take over his positions."

"Why……"

Red Face Boxer glanced at him.

"What's wrong bro? Why are you caring about NPC early in the morning?"

Sleepy Moon Fox: "It's nothing... I just counted around and found that there is one person missing."

Red Face Boxer was surprised: "Hey, can you still remember their faces?"

He is face blind, and there are not many faces he can remember in reality, let alone games with filters.

The only ones Red Face Boxer can remember are probably Yuki and Boss Sumeria, plus Old Luka at most.

Oh yes, and the honorable Master Manager.

But the Manager doesn't always show his face, so remembering his face doesn't mean much, and the dark blue power armor is more representative.

Sleepy Moon Fox sighed and said.

"No, I only remember a few of them. For example, the old man, he would go to the lake to watch us go fishing every week on his rest day. I knew from his expression that he was a fellow, so I gave him the fishing rod at that time. I even taught him to catch leeches with a bottle..."

Red Face Boxer was stunned for a while.

"Ah... is there a hidden mission?"

"No."

Sleepy Moon Fox shook his head, and sighed for the third time.

"Although it is meaningless, it is also very interesting. And when I think that that fishing friend won't come again, I'm still felt a little lonely..."


Shameless unwanted suggestion from the author: If you wanna read 30+ advanced chapters of my both of books, check out my Patreon page, please...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

.......

If you guys like my work then check out my other work, The 'Witcher and His Hurts'.

4