Chapter 227. Although more money has been sent out, it is a good thing
66 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the north of Starwood Farm, an abandoned town.

The whistling north wind was accompanied by light snow, and the branches on the side of the road swayed gently.

The truck carrying the quadruple anti-aircraft guns in the back was hidden at the edge of the woods, and the horizontal cannons were aimed at a snowy field to the north.

And beside the truck, Gray Wolf held up his binoculars and looked in the direction of the north, with a look of anxiety on his face, and he kept muttering softly.

"This is impossible……"

It stands to reason that after he fired the signal flare, a centurion would set off from Clay Town and immediately go to Starwood Farm to help him consolidate the defense of the fort. Follow-up troops and supplies would also be transferred to Starwood Farm one after another, bringing the entire northern suburbs into the fort. The territory of the Bone Chew Tribe.

But now, it was already noon the next day. Not to mention the Centuries, he didn't even see a single person from the north.

A hint of annoyance flashed in Gray Wolf's eyes, and he felt that he had been deceived.

Obviously, Lion Tooth, who handed over the flare gun to him, had no intention of sending reinforcements at all, and even regarded himself and his subordinates as cannon fodder from the moment they set off.

But why? Gray Wolf couldn't figure out why Lion Tooth did this.

If that stupid thing has information and thinks that it is impossible for him to take down here, why would he agree to take the risk by himself?

Even if he is a foreigner, he is still a fighting force, and he asks himself that his strength is not weak. No matter how hard he racked his brains, he couldn't figure out why Lion Tooth gave up on himself.

Ormas, who was standing next to him, did not have any surprises on his face.

Before departure, the lord Manager had explained to him that this mission might come to nothing.

The predators in Clay Town probably didn't intend to reinforce them at all.

Because of some factors outside the battlefield.

With an assault rifle hanging on his chest, Ormas, who was standing next to him, glanced at the time of the VM on his arm, and said expressionlessly.

"It looks like your 'reinforcements' won't be coming."

Gray Wolf's Adam's Apple twitched.

"Maybe because of snow..."

Ormas ignored him, knocked on the door of the truck with his fist, and greeted the player sitting in the driver's seat.

"The mission is over."

"Retreat."

Sitting on the truck, Ward's Beriberi Levin yawned, started the engine of the light truck, and shouted into the rearview mirror.

"Call work, call it a day, don't doze off so much."

Yamasaa, I Want To Go To The Toilet, who was about to fall asleep, shook his head violently. After waking up, he climbed back onto the truck and muttered while looking at the half box of ammunition.

"Oh shit."

"The sleepy old man is about to drop the line..."

It was the first time that he got sleepy in the game.

The operator of "Wasteland OL" always puts extra effort in strange places. Is it reasonable not to be online 24 hours a day?

Is it reasonable for the characters in the game to sleep? No one can do this with the anti-addiction system!

...

I didn't get much sleep last night, and the work in the morning piled up like a mountain.

There is no new movement in the north for the time being, and the next attack must come from the northeast—the thousand-man team led by Black Snake.

In order to guard against sneak attacks, Lucius deployed two patrol routes near the Aviatium Aerospace Ecological Experimental Base, using the former sites of the three survivor settlements, Winter Willow Camp, Highway Town, and Green Battery Factory as patrol nodes, to search for possible dangers in the northeast of Spring City. threaten.

Patrol missions will be shared by the guards and combat professional players, not only to perform the patrol mission itself, but also to familiarize themselves with the terrain in this area to prepare for the upcoming battle.

By the way, dilat rubber is really easy to use.

It is not just used to seal components, it can be simply and crudely made into tracks, and the tires can be replaced to make light trucks "Fly" on the snow.

However, the poor quality of the suspension is a problem, and the people sitting in the car may feel very uncomfortable. Last night, a young player in the intelligence department was vomited.

After returning to the shelter, it was already noon, Lucius fell asleep without eating, and when he opened his eyes, he found that it was already afternoon.

"It's time to go back to work again."

Shaking his drowsy brain, Lucius sat up from the bed and looked down at the sweat-soaked clothes, then looked at the sheets and the floor.

"... People will be misunderstood if they show it."

Just as Lucius said something to himself, an energetic voice floated over from the wall beside him.

"It's okay Master, Popo won't tell others."

I don't know where the voice pack was stolen from.

Is today a schoolgirl style?

"Okay, you can shut up now."

The sound stopped.

On the VM resting on the bedside table, a row of pop-up windows popped up on the screen.

"ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ"

"..."

After closing the dialog box that popped up on the VM, Lucius skillfully took off his clothes and threw them into the basket by the door.

Picking up the towel hanging beside the basket, Lucius simply wiped off the metabolites on his body. Lucius changed into clean clothes and went to the laboratory on the B3 floor.

Seeing Lucius appearing at the door, Hena slightly raised her eyebrows, with a hint of surprise on her expression.

"You 'Upgraded' again?"

This is a new word she learned from Lucius.

Like "Player", they are all words that are "Difficult to understand just by listening to the pronunciation".

"That's right."

Consciously lying on the scanning bed, Lucius said bluntly.

"Let's start."

"Wait a minute! I'll put the samples away."

Stopping her work, Hena skillfully removed the slice from the microscope, carefully put it back in the sample library for low-temperature storage, and then walked over happily.

The genetic samples kept in this vault are decidedly more interesting than the tissue slices from Deathclaws.

For her, this place is like a treasure house with unlimited potential.

So awesome to wake up today after 20 years!

Walking to the terminal beside the bed, Hena stretched out her index finger and clicked on the touch screen a few times, skillfully operating the device to start working.

The scanning device starts.

After waiting for a while, the updated attribute panel was soon presented in front of Lucius.

[ ID: Lucius

Genetic Sequence: Manager (Phase 2)

Level: LV.15→LV.16

——Basic attributes——

Strength: 17

Agility: 11

Constitution: 16

Perception: 12

Intelligence: 14→15 ]

This time it's intelligence.

Lucius closed his eyes and felt it for a while, but maybe because he was smart enough, he didn't have a very intuitive feeling.

Hena, who was standing next to the terminal, had surprise written all over her face.

Nerve cells are non-renewable cells. It stands to reason that after the human brain matures, it will not add new neurons.

At least not under natural conditions. However, at this moment, the changes in him subverted her cognition.

Without the help of drugs or other auxiliary equipment, the fully developed body actually grew twice in a row!

This is not exercise-based growth. Rather, the way genes are expressed is fundamentally altered.

In fact, Lucius was not the only one. Almost all the residents in this shelter had many similar situations in the expression of DNA that she found puzzling.

"Unbelievable... how fast you've grown is just amazing! I think I just had a physical for you like a little over a week ago? Last time it was the immune system and metabolic function and bones... so it's the neurons this time? Really that's outrageous!"

Lucius didn't feel anything, but felt that he had been a little neglected in exercising during this period.

"Soon?"

Hena nodded with a serious expression.

"Of course, otherwise I wouldn't use the word incredible."

Lucius gave her a strange look: "Why do I think you use it often?"

Hena froze for a moment.

"Have I?"

Without wasting time on irrelevant issues, Lucius moved the topic back to the issue of the gene sequence.

"So growing up fast is a good thing or a bad thing."

Hena thought for a while and said.

"It's hard to say. From different standpoints, the definition of good and bad is also different."

Lucius: "What do you mean?"

Hena: "In short, the growth of an individual helps to increase the probability of survival in the environment, but relatively, an overly complex gene expression method is not conducive to heredity... Can you understand me when I say this?"

In fact, this is not a big problem.

It is said that in the distant era of prosperity, a considerable number of people have abandoned the old social relationships and reproduced the next generation entirely through technological means.

Especially with the prosperity of bionic companions and virtual reality technology, this process of social change has been directly accelerated.

After all, who can refuse a paper man whose personality will never collapse?

Especially when this cardboard man can walk out of the screen.

"That's right, but I'm not sure if what I understand is consistent with what you want to express."

Lucius, who was sitting on the edge of the scanning bed, was lost in thought.

So here comes the problem. So is this a good thing or a bad thing?

...

Waking up late has the advantage of waking up late. The evening is the busiest time at the Northern market, and there is food to eat as soon as you open your eyes.

The bonfire standing at the north gate has been extinguished, but the festive atmosphere is no less than last night.

Even hotter than last night. The popular snacks at the celebration were preserved and continued to shine in the market.

And those prey collected from the wasteland by the players racking their brains, as well as unused ingredients, have greatly enriched the recipes of the local residents.

Sure enough, eating is always the first pursuit of people.

Only after they are full, people will have the mind to think about other things and how to improve their lives.

When Lucius was shopping in the market, he found that people from the Frostspear clan were selling a kind of black and red dyes made of shellac.

This is the technology they brought from the survivor colony in the north. The raw materials are some small bugs that are not uncommon in the wasteland, but this technology has not been used until here.

And when the people of the Frostspear clan discovered at the celebration that the blue coats needed paint, they immediately made this thing.

Facts have proved that the performance of this kind of dye is really excellent, especially for silk fabrics, the wettability is very good. After successful coloring, it will not fade after repeated washing.

In addition, people from the Iron Ax Tribe also gained some experience in spinning, and at the stall of the Autumn and Akiba sisters, many varieties that Lucius had never seen before were born.

Such as some beautiful accessories, durable gloves, scarves or socks.

Some of the products were obviously taught to them by Shuri.

Prosperous bazaars help boost the morale of producers, and the rewards of commodity circulation for production are more conducive to stimulating creativity and prompting people to improve production tools and production methods, thereby driving the overall prosperity of the entire survivor stronghold.

Walking in the market, Lucius could intuitively feel that the harsh winter and the negative impact of the "Wartime Regulations" were slowly fading away.

The buds of prosperity seem to come earlier than spring.

On almost everyone's face, he could feel the vigorous vigor, as well as the expectation and longing for tomorrow's life.

In the wasteland, it is almost difficult to see.

When passing by the barbecue stand, Lucius bought some skewers.

The oily smell of meat pierced into the tip of his nose, and he couldn't help moving his index finger after he hadn't eaten all day, and it was satisfying to bite down.

Just when Lucius was thinking about whether he would like something to drink, he happened to hear a long-lost familiar shout from a mushroom stands not far away.

"Fresh devil's jelly!"

"I just made it, everyone, come and buy it!"

Is the mushroom stalls open?

It seems that winter is indeed coming to an end.

Surprised in his heart, Lucius looked towards Boss Yaya's booth.

Unfortunately, there is no mushroom soup that countless NPCs and players miss. Instead, there is a big bucket.

On the wooden table next to the vat, there were several exquisite small bowls, which contained crystal clear jelly, which looked like jelly.

Lucius remembered that it seemed to be Shuri's masterpiece. She boiled the devil's pupa into jelly and made it into something like a bamboo shoot jelly.

After the New Year's event, the kind-hearted Shuri seemed to have passed on this craft to Yaya, and Yaya, who smelled the business opportunity, immediately set the stall.

The only pity is that the amount is too small.

Not long after the yelling, a large circle of players surrounded the mushroom stand as expected.

"Hey! Boss Yaya's mushroom stall is open?!"

"F*ck! It's not a mushroom!"

"Damn, why are you selling strange food? What's the difference between this and normal food?"

"Where's the mushroom soup? I want to be able to see Boss Yaya's mushrooms!"

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mushrooms soup ”

"Wait, jelly seems to be good too?"

"Brother, I suddenly have a bold idea—"

"Get out!"

The red-faced Yaya raised her hand and threw a bowl of devil's jelly at him. The player who was hit was overjoyed, picked up the bowl, and ran away.

Yaya, who was breathing calmly, realized that she had been tricked, and immediately regretted it.

Damn, careless!

Lost a bowl just after opening, it's a blood loss!

But ridicule is all about ridicule, everyone is more concerned about Boss Yaya's business.

After all, it was the first meal that many players ate after entering the game, and the five copper coins given by the novice gift pack were just enough to buy a bowl.

That bowl of mushroom soup carried their memories of a distant version, even older than the history of the North Gate Market.

After the little player finished eating, he quickly returned the bowl, said sorry, it was delicious, and said with a playful smile that he would dare next time.

Other players also took out VMs one after another, ready to pay for their feelings.

However, when they learned the price, everyone was shocked.

"Wait a minute, isn't it too expensive for one silver coin for this jelly?"

"Exactly! Your bowl is only half the size of an apple, which is too little!?"

"I treat Boss Yaya as a sister, and Sister Yaya regards me as a golden daddy."

"It's too dark, it's too dark!"

Seeing everyone complaining, and the sound of the rhythm, Yaya suddenly became anxious, and quickly argued.

"The ramen next door sells a bowl of ten silver coins. Is it too much for me to sell one silver coin?"

When Martin, who was pulling noodles at the noodle stall next door, heard it, he was immediately unhappy, and immediately glared over.

"Crap! When did I sell it so expensive?"

Irena, who was eating noodles, raised her head and couldn't help making complaints.

"It's true that you don't sell it so expensive, but the meat you cut is really thinner than two slices."

Martin glanced at her indifferently.

"You know my ass? This is the most authentic."

When the diners heard this, they cursed.

These profiteers are too dark!

Hang it on the street lamp!

Holding the grilled wild pork skewers he just bought in his hand, looking at the noisy little players, Lucius couldn't help showing a fatherly smile on his face.

So good.

It seems that we will have to find an excuse to hold more celebrations in the future.

Just wait until the crisis in the northern suburbs is resolved!

If the situation is optimistic, the ceremony to celebrate the spring plowing may be held together with the ceremony of triumph.

However, the premise of all good visions of the future is that they must drive away the wolves in the north.

Otherwise, everything is just empty talk.

After biting the last bite of meat on the skewer, Lucius wiped his mouth and walked towards the next booth with great interest.

...

After dinner, Lucius strolled on the street for a while.

It wasn't until it was completely dark that he returned to the shelter, returned to his office, sat down, and began to do the work that should be done.

Usually, at this point most people have already gone offline, but today there are still many people online.

It seems that everyone has nothing to do during the New Year's Day holiday, lying down is lying down, it is better to lie down wearing a helmet.

Throughout the day today, the average online time of users has increased by at least 20% compared to the previous few days.

The key indicator to measure the player's "liver degree" - the total number of silver coins issued has also increased by 13% compared to yesterday.

Although more money has been sent out, it is a good thing. According to the economic system of "Wasteland OL".

The rewards that players receive from tasks and orders are positively related to the value that players contribute to the collective.

Generally speaking, for every silver coin a player gets, the value it brings to the shelter is between 1.5 and 4 silver coins.

Even if this silver coin is obtained from the market or from transactions with other players, it does not matter, the value still exists, but it is moved from the warehouse to the market, and it is deposited in various forms to provide the basis for future transaction taxes.

And as the life professional players consume their inventory, these issued currencies will return to the shelter, thus forming a virtuous circle.

In addition to the prosperity of the market.

Lucius also noticed that after the battle last night, five new awakeners were born.

So far, the number of awakened people in the server has risen to 27, and there are only three people left to form three full teams of ten person.

"It's one step closer to building an 'Awakening Company'." Lucius couldn't help but smile, his face was full of joy.

Is it okay for one awakened person to hit three people? In the same way, is it okay for a company of Awakened to beat up a regiment?

Although the predators also have awakened ones, and maybe there are some weird things, but it's not a big problem.

His small players are not only more pure, but also have a stable evolutionary direction, and the most important thing is that the output is also large.

One life in three days, just ask if you are afraid?

After reading the Ormas data report, Lucius then opened the report uploaded by Starwood Farm.

Among the trophies seized this time, there are about 101 Ripper rifles, the remaining 21 submachine guns, and 32 assault rifles, 9 instant-to-throw Tekken bazookas, a number of Molotov cocktails and grenades.

According to the spoils counted by the NPCs, with the assistance of Popo, Lucius calculated the rewards of the players through the preset calculation formula.

The war goals in defensive mode and offensive mode are different, and the number of kills will contribute a little more war score.

Among them, the MVP is naturally the "Air Defense Cannon" group. The number of people counted is 42. Nearly 40% of the targets were harvested by Mosquito alone, which directly led to the collapse of the attacking side.

At that time, the shuttle machine gun swept by, and the predators who had occupied the wall were frightened, and they shot after jumping down.

So much so that the "Edge Paddle" team felt lonely after rushing up, and the battle was over when they rushed to the door.

However, although the head is taken by Mosquito, the score is still calculated as a group score.

In other words, brothers Levin and Yamasaa, who acted as drivers and loaders, can also get the rewards provided by the points.

Counting the points provided by the team mission, the three of them received 480 silver rewards, 200 contribution points and 1000 regional prestige points respectively.

In addition, the three life professional players finally got their first silver medals in their gaming careers!

Although it is a basic medal. But it can be regarded as an achievement.

Lucius, who finally finished all the work, leaned on the office chair and stretched.

Just when he was thinking about which game to collect material for a while, a post on the forum suddenly aroused his interest.

The title of the post was nothing gimmicky, even mediocre, but the discussion was surprisingly heated.

Sleepy Moon Fox: [ It was an ordinary morning about my friend's life ]

3