3. Woody?
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the little girl leading the group while holding onto a hunch back to be determined predator middle-aged man being tugged along. Mick could only sigh in self-defense, as he thought about the ever-changing situation he was dragged into by his plea for help.

Least the good thing about what he gotten himself into was that he was given some hard bread to eat with borrowed charity from some of the ladies thought process led to them assuming Mick has not eaten for a while, which they were spot on. 

It only took a few tens of minutes for them to reach Frank's old wood shop with the sun still shining brightly in the sky. This gave Mick some relief as he did not want to be seen being dragged around everywhere by a little girl. Finally shaking his hand and able to arch his back up again, Mick took his chance to start stretching from all the slow running around in an awkward form.

Some of the young ladies' giggle as they follow the small group of mischief children self-claim tour expert. One to keep an eye on Mick to make sure he doesn't do anything suspicious to the children and also to make sure the children are actually bringing Mick to the right place and not just to fool around. 

The sound of woods being chipped could be heard by the entrance

of the store, letting Mick know that he was in an actual woodwork shop and not a totally different meaning shop. 

"Hey old man Frank you there?" 

One of the young ladies called out in front of the shop. Meanwhile some of the kids took this chance to browse around the shop, some looking to see what's new or their favorite toy. Mick follow the small group of kids, because he didn't want to be drag around by little children again if he didn't. 

Many of the wooden furniture was of simple design with some unknown characters sign next to them. This made Mick realize that although he was able to speak their language, he was unable to read their language. This was another task he'd add to his long list of to do list to survive. 

After checking out some of the common products in the store, he turns over to see what the kids were doing. He saw one of the small girls lifting up a wooden doll up high, while another boy was making sounds with a toy doll that looked like a knight. Always one to look to impress the kids in a false pride, Mick decided to grab a doll that looked to be unfinish with it still showing just the form of a person with no real design on it. 

Hero Fragment Talent Found: Puppet

Status Page Available
 

'Well this is different'

Mick's jaw nearly dropped after picking up the half finish doll.

'So what now? Open Status?'

Immediately after his mind began to process the phrase, a blue box of information appeared in his view.

Name: Mick Rolandton

Age: 32

Race: Human/?

Talent: Puppet

Active skill: None
Passive skill: None

 

"Huh. Neat."

Mick mutters as he saw the information display before his eyes. 

'So how do I close the screen? Status page close?'

Again, with the same speed as it appeared, the status page in his view disappears instantly with no warning.  Mick feeling intrigue at the discovery and miracle of this, tested to open and close his status page information multiple of times to make sure he was not just losing his mind. He soon put the matter aside after a minute of playing around with his new ability while still holding onto the puppet. This has caused some of the children to look at Mick weird and that he was planning on doing something weird and devious again. 

"Yeah, yeah. I hear ya loud and clear little miss. I was just finishing sum last touches on me work. Wouldn't want to give out some sad piece of wood out for ye old lady to cry out loud about." 

A grumpy old man could be seen with wood pieces and dust all over his clothing walk out from the back room. 

"I think even if you made the best wood craft, my mom will still bash it to lower the high price you'll put on it."

The young lady who called out earlier to Frank giggle from just imagining the scene. The scene however seems to be just another weekly interaction that happens as many housewives tends to harp on the products to lower the cost. 

"Aye, what can I do for ye missy?"

Frank lean forward against the front counter while eyeing the little kids around the shop, making sure they were not up to no good in his shop. 

"We remember hearing that you looking to hire some help for your store Mr. Frank. Does it still hold true?"

"Hmmm last I check I do missy, though I do remember that none of ya missies wanted to work in me dirty old store because it was too smelly and harsh on ye soft little hands."

Frank harrumphed the word out loud, as he remembers just the other day of asking for some of his acquaintances help. Just a few days of the young ladies coming in to help, and they asked to leave soon after from all the mess, smell, and heavy lifting. 

"Well, we found a person who might fit the job." 

The ladies move aside while pointing towards Mick, who was down on the floor making all kinds of loud noises with the kids. 

"Aye, I do need me some help. But I don't think I said anything about babysitting a big baby?"

Frank finally noticing Mick's presence, as he was mixed in with the group of kids, and thought he was just a big ugly kid with all that loud noise he was making. 

The ladies saw the same thing as Frank and gave a wry smile as they were also not sure how competent Mick was. As his plea for help totally look different from when he was playing with the children. 

"Please Frank, give Mick a chance to try out at your store. If it doesn't work out, we can have him try other places."

"Hrmmm, we'll see." 

 

1