Chapter 2 – A Deal with God
159 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dying....

It is an unknown feeling that everybody becomes curious about the moment one thinks about it.

But at the same time a person thinking about it can never be curious enough as the fear of it happening to them and them actually feeling it is enough to make them stop thinking about it.

And that is currently what is happening right now....

My senses are all nonexistent. No vision, not hearing anything except for the voice in my mind, no smells, no heat, no coldness..... it feels like my tongue is not even existing so no taste obviously, especially, no more pain....

Except for my mind as i know that i am still conscious.

A scientific study i came across when i was still studying in college states that our mind and its many abilities are theorized as the 'sixth sense', and what is currently happening to me right now might've proved that grand hypothesis.

I am conscious right now but i feel like i am in a comatose-like state.

Though to say i am in a comatose state understates my situation right now, because even comatose patients still has some inkling of their senses such as being able to hear some snippets of their surroundings and such. But me? absolute zero, and i am aware that i have died as i still recall the events that have transpired that resulted in my death.

And i guess no more denying, yes, this is afterlife.

My mind feels...light, as if it's floating, as if my brain is floating in a water-filled pod waiting to be experimented on by crazy scientists.

Okay, yeah my imagination is running wild right now but i can't help thinking so much. Well, because it's the only thing i can do in my current state.... thinking. Though one thing is that i feel like my 'soul', i guess i should call my current state right now as my spiritual state, i definitely feel like my soul is heading towards somewhere, like a destination of some sorts...

-----------------------

Time passed by... time that i have already lost count of.

I'm still waiting for my soul to reach it's 'destination' and i'm still stuck in this state. Though miraculously, i'm still not insane, no it's more like i have not thought of anything that shows any signs of me going insane.

I have been so weirdly calm for the past 'hours' while thinking about random stuff, i have been so serendipitous, solemn, you can say anything you can describe as... unbothered. Another thing is that i have not felt any frustration even though i have been stuck in this state for god knows how long.

Emotions? no nothing at all. All of this makes me feel like i lost the ability to feel emotions right after my death, answers the reason why i haven't gone insane.

-----------------------

Time passed by and i am already starting to feel like the concept of 'time' is just created by my mind at this point, like it's an illusion....

OH! yeah it is! i remembered watching a Watchtube video about time being just an illusionary concept created by humans to help us organize things about our society, behavior etc. he video goes on saying stuff like time is just a record of the motion of things...

And just like this, i spent so much time thinking about random things ranging from science, sociology, psychology, philosophy and more and more subjects, basically everything that i studied about.

And for some reason, just like all my knowledge, i started to recall all of my memories even to the point of my infantile stage. Most of them were sad, painful, embarassing, but there was this one point when i was so happy.... was what i thought but i only assumed that i was supposed to be happy about them but just like i said, i can no longer feel emotions with my current 'state'.

-----------------

*Pshhhhwo* something magical sounded as my vision came back to existence.

Until suddenly i see light, yeah! light!

It has been so long since i saw light that i felt excited seeing it again,,,, wait

"I feel emotions now!" I spoke excitedly.

"Wait i can speak now! i can hear my voice! is this real?!" i exclaimed as i tried to reassure myself after realizing that i can finally speak and hear my physical voice.

"You're here finally!" a gender neutral voice spoke to me excitedly.

"WHAAT?! who-who's there?!" i yelled after getting startled. As i looked around, all i could see was whiteness. As a human suddenly 'materialized' in front of me.

*Gasp* a gasped escaped from my mouth as i was stunned by what just happened.

The person resembled a character i saw on tv, a caucasian man wearing all white, white suit, white tie, white fedora hat, white undershirt, white shoes with white hair and a white moustache... does he like fried chicken?

"Oh sorry to scare you....." The 'person' apologized to me for startling me.

"and Hello, to you mister- Oh! Uhhh almost slipped there..haha..." The person said and laughed awkwardly after what sounds to be him almost saying something confidential accidentally.

" Ehem! A-Anyways welcome to my personal realm dear Author! I am a God! and my mortal name would be Prometheus!" The self-proclaimed 'God' cleared his throat before greeting me and speaking his name.

"Uhh hello nice to meet you! you did scare me there tho...." i responded.

"so sir Prometh-Prometheus what am i doing here?" i asked awkwardly as i struggled to pronounce his name.

"So dear Author, you have signed an agreement with me at most 7 days before your...passing" Prometheus answered while carefully choosing the right word for my death.

"What?! what agreement?" i asked back in surprise.

Prometheus snapped his fingers and held out his hands for nothing, but suddenly a paper appeared out of nowhere on top of his hands and he showed the paper close enough for me to see the contents of the paper.

"This... this is the contract that i signed with the Edi- wait!" I answered before soon realizing the situation.

"I knew it! I knew it was you!!!! Ghhhh" i yelled at him angrily as i realized that besides Prometheus looking like that Colonel person, he also looked exactly like the Editor that i met with at a restaurant. The one who agreed to assist me with the monetizing of my novel, but never showed up even after 7 days have already passed! I glared at him while thinking about all of this.

"Oh sorry dear Author, i really am sorry!" He half-heartedly apologized. He looked like those scammers that i watch on tv"

"I really didn't mean to cause you distress for the past 7 days..." He drooped his face trying to convince me he was sorry, but it didn't work.

"Just shut up i'm not interested in your 'godly' reasons! I know that you're not sorry at all!" I yelled at him angrily.

"So what's your deal? I seriously had no idea that that 'Editor' was a God, so what are we gonna do now? why even remind me of our deal when i'm already dead, we can't continue our deal anymore" I asked him rhetorically while also reminding him that the situation was futile.

"Oh no dear Author but we can!" he answered cheerfully.

"So what are you gonna do now? What? reincarnate me into the novel so that it's no longer mundane? or something like that?" I asked back sarcastically while also smiling at how i could also outsas him.

"Oh!" Prometheus exclaimed as if he were surprised with his mouth agape.

I was smiling and happy to myself that i could actually outbeat him into his own sarcastic games. Muahhahahaha-

"You are absolutely right! How did you even read a God's mind?..... Though reading a God's mind IS impossible but good guess!" He answered and said something unexpected.

My face crumpled up in shock with my mouth agape, how ironic, well if i had a body 'cause i am in my soul form right now so i am still the winner because he can't read my expression as my expression was nonexisten-

Wait! no! that is not the point right now! What?! Me?! reincarnating into that chaotic novel?! No absolutely not! NONONONONONONO!!! I should negotiate myself out of this!

"Lord Prometheus! You see i am not fit for that novel because i might just mess it up-" As i tried to make up an excuse to be outta this he suddenly cut me off.

"That is the point! You could mess up the whole novel in so many interesting possibilities that i have decided way before your death that you shall be reincarnated into your novel" Prometheus responded with a surprising answer.

"And no negotiations! you thought i couldn't read your mind while YOUR in my realm? Dream on! you can't escape a deal with a God that YOU yourself agreed on!" He further added agitated.

"And one more, so the reason why i didn't want money because the payment was your..... life" he further added an outrageous information with a seemingly awkward expression, though it looked fake.

"Wait so you were the reason why-" I responded with an 'imaginary' bewildered and twisted expression until finally something snapped inside my mind.....

(WAIT, SO ALL THIS TIME, HE WAS THE ONE BEHIND MY DEATH, HOW DARE HE, HOW DARE HE, I LEFT BEHIND MY FAMILY FOR THIS?! HE HE HE-)

As i was finally concluding everything inside my mind, everything that happened to me that this fucking God caused me i began to speak with my mouth.

"nonononono-" i refuted aggressively with a lower tone and volume as I was looking at the ground with my imaginary hands trembling.

"Oh yesyesyesyes! now be gone!" Prometheus tauntingly interrupted my refusal when suddenly he snapped his finger once more.

"You FUCKING ASSHO-"

A tremendous blinding light covered my vision before i could even respond....

------------------------

Suddenly where 'i' woke up in was a tight, shaky...place.... Honestly, what a bad start....

A place that seems to be what you call a....carriage shakily treading a muddy path.

I observed around and looked through the window and saw that we were driving beside a horrifyingly high ass cliff on a rainy day.

"How the FU-" i said with an intent to start to scream but suddenly 'something' or 'someone' hit the carriage from the opposite side of the cliff, making the carriage tilt towards the cliff.

"No-" i couldn't even say no properly as my carriage had begun falling down the cliff, hitting rocks on the side of the cliff as it falls all the way to the ground.

I couldn't even count how many times i hit my head on the walls of the carriage as i was already in a daze even before my carriage hit the ground.

*Bghsssssshhhhkkkk" my carriage sounded as it hit the ground.

Even before the moment my carriage hit the ground my vision was already blacked out.

Fuck this shit ass reincarnation.

0