Chapter 44
1.2k 16 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

- Neri -

 

I wake up for another day.
In front of my eyes is Liana who urged me to use the bed.
Seems like she was able to sleep comfortably even with me next to her.
The bed surely was big enough for the two of us, yet I am very glad that she allows me to be close to her.
She would have every right to be mad at me.
Yet, she is caring.
And this in her situation!

Yesterday must have been continuous torture to her.
That she still has no dark feelings towards me is a nice thought.
To know this did put me at ease.
In this manner, I could sleep well in this, honestly, very comfortable bed.
Truly, my rest was great!
I slept safe and sound and was completely at peace.
There was nothing wrong.
Not a single reason to be strained.
And because of this...

 

"Aaaahhhhhh! No, no, no! Make them leave!!!" (N)

 

Yes!
As you've guessed, because I was completely relaxed my spider legs came out of my back.
They've even grabbed hold of her!
And then immediately release her when I realize this.

 

"Neri! You..." (L)

 

Naturally, Liana woke up at this commotion.
I would have tried not to wake her, but I really, really don't want to turn into a spider.
Not even partially!

 

"Help!" (N)

"Order, Neri! Order!" (L)

 

Oh god!
Again!
I just make it more difficult for her.

I've understood that every time I want something I'm going to mess with Liana's mind.
And this is unforgivable!
Yet, it is so difficult to keep track and watch every word you say.
I'm definitely not suited for this!
In fact, I'm not suited for anything I have to deal with.

Luckily, what I said didn’t have much impact on Liana, and she looks mostly flustered at how I fight in panic with my eight legs that poke out of my back.
With all this chaos I’m enacting around me, I’m a bit surprised that I haven’t hit her, but these flailing limbs seem to avoid her on their own.

As I know myself that I have to do something immediately, I look for the reaction to retract those legs and manage to find it.
That this wasn't the first time that this happened helps me to find it quicker.
These terrifying limbs are stiff and unwilling, but I finally manage to force them back in, and my panic subsides.

 

 

"Huff, huff, huff!" (N)

 

This was exhausting!

 

"Neri! What was that? What happened?" (L)

"I... I let the legs slip out. They are so disgusting and I feel bad that this happened." (N)

"Well, disgusting might be the wrong word. They didn’t feel repulsive. More unusual. This is really hard for you, huh?" (L)

 

This is exactly what it is!
Hard!

No one with a sane mind should be able to just come to terms with something like this.

 

"And what now?" (L)

"I don't know. The mornings I usually have to myself until I have to go to "that room". Then I’m again free, as long it is not a day with educational lessons, every second day. So today too. I had hoped we could maybe find something for you to do that you might like. The lessons are in the library. I don't know what your hobbies are, but as long you don't set fire here you should be free to do what you want." (N)

 

She looks a bit skeptical at me.

 

"I know there isn't much here for you and I'm not the best partner for a talk, but please tell me if there is anything I can do for you." (N)

"Ah, Neri!" (L)

 

Not again!
I just wanted to help her!

 

"Sor-" (N)

"Well, I like books. You said there is a library?" (L)

"Y-yes, a big one! Yet... you might have difficulties reaching the upper shelves. They are rather high. Made to climb with additional limbs." (N)

"Oh! Still, am I really allowed to use that place?" (L)

"I don't think they will prohibit you from entering it when I give permission. The rules are all important to them." (N)

 

That might sound wrong, yet I mean it in the way that none of the sisters will tell me how to interact with Liana, nor will they do something to her.
That is a sharp line for them.
Eritu, for example, would never allow something to happen to a familiar.
So Liana is safe.
Nonetheless, I am worried that she has nothing for herself here.
At least I would want there to be something she can look forward to doing in her spare time.

Pondering like this, I start putting my blue dress on.
I like the pattern and the fact that I contributed to something this great is somehow nice.
I'm not particularly hungry since I just ate yesterday, and I think that I am capable of spending a good amount of time without food if I have no emerging.
This should be linked to this body of mine, which can hold quite a diet.
But the sisters certainly won't let this come so far and always give me food when I grow hungry.

Yet, for Liana, there is still only the maid uniform.
Though, it looks good on her.
Nonetheless, I really need to ask Talisa today if she could make her at least something casual instead of this embarrassing thing, as well as some nightclothes.
However, Liana is now putting it on.
I would have given her my own clothes.
Yet obviously they are too small since I am small in size.
Especially around the chest.
But on the other side, these clothes still look good on her.

A moment later I get thrown out of my daze.
A sudden jolt of pain, originating from my back, spreads through all of my body.
It's so intense that I lose my footing and drop to the ground.

 

"Neri!" (L)

 

Liana is directly next to me.
If it's some compulsion from her mental bond I don't know, but it's quite likely to play into this.

 

"What is happening to you!?" (L)

 

I'd like to know that as well!
Throbbing agony writhes throughout my body and won't allow for any calm thoughts.

 

"It hurts! Everything hurts! I don't know! Pain!" (N)

"Wh-what can I do?!" (L)

 

If I'd just know that!
Waaahh!

I don't think I can endure this!
It feels so bad!

 

"I, I will get help!" (L)

 

Help?
Does she mean one of the others?
M-maybe they can truly help.
But it hurts so badly!
My whole back is stiff and tender, and I'm so tense that it feels like I would spring apart any moment.
I can't do anything at all, but squirm down on the ground.

The pain becomes throbbing.
Not the slightest bit bearable, so bad that I can't get myself to move in a controlled manner.
However, as I have no idea what I even could do, there's no other choice but to persevere.

After an agonizing eternity, I can finally perceive Liana coming closer again.
She's rapidly approaching, and while the pain just won't get away, I feel relieved that someone's coming at least.

 

"Neri! I'm back!" (L)

 

Oh my god!
She sounds distraught.
I don't want to think that I'm influencing her mind to feel so desperate about my condition.

 

"Neri! Don't you worry! I'm here!" (E)

 

Eritu?
How did Liana even get to her?
Doesn't matter!
I need help!

 

"Uh, close your eyes please. I need to transport you." (E)

 

Wh-what?
Before I can contemplate this any further, I'm secured to Liana with some strings.

 

"Follow me as fast as possible. I arranged a room to meet up." (E)

 

It seems she intends to use Liana for transport, who doesn't budge a bit below my weight.
Despite being in so much pain, the pressure from the touch doesn't seem to aggravate any of the strained agony from within me.
We move quickly through the corridors till suddenly Eritu perks up.

 

"Alright, she's almost with us. This way!" (E)

 

I'm brought into an apparently vacant room and get lowered to the ground.
While this happens, I try to contemplate through the pain who might be coming.
However, it seems like Eritu was rather accurate, as they arrive before I can come to a conclusion.

 

"And I was already asking myself what could be the issue this time. Extensive discomfort, but no apparent cause. Well, get ready for your examination." (K)

 

Kyroki!?!

 

56