Chapter 27: Young Hunters Battle
106 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jacob looked sideways at the approaching figure and held his forehead in annoyance. Yet the girl didn’t care about his vexed face and spoke again.

“How dare you injure Tim?” Her voice laced with rage startled Jacob.

“Tim?” He questioned while looking at Angela as though she had a weird disease.

“Yes, Tim!” she raised her voice while pointing to the bleeding furry creature now shivering in his skeleton’s bony hand. She seemed to ignore that a moving skeleton was in front of her and seemed more concerned about the creature in its palm.

“I didn’t do it” Jacob shook his head. “And what part of do not disturb me do you not understand?” His eyes turned dangerous as Adam’s warning appeared in his mind.

‘She’s seen my skelly. I don’t know enough about this girl apart from the fact that she’s clueless and annoying. But is she a snitch? Will she cause me trouble like Sumei?’ he wondered as his eyes shone dangerously.

“Leave Tim alone!

She ignored his question and looked at him in rage. Jacob finally understood that she was not acting and was genuinely furious that ‘Tim’ had gotten hurt by his skelly. But as he had already told her.

“I don’t care what you think! My skelly accidentally injured it and now I’ll take it to get treatment. You have no business here. Leave before I snap.”

By now his skeleton archer had reached the ground and had kept the squirrel in its quiver filled with white arrows. The arrow it had shot earlier was also retrieved so it had 10 in its quiver.

“You come here to hurt my friend and then tell me it's none of my business?” she muttered softly just enough so that Jacob could hear it. “I’ve had enough of your bullying!” She looked up and her rage-filled red eyes stared at Jacob.

Angela raised her hands up with a wave and ice began to form in thin air.

Jacob admired the first talent he had seen being used apart from his father in awe for a second then remembered where those newly formed arrows were pointing.

“Dammit!” 

He looked at the girl who seemed to have gone crazy because of Tim and cursed his luck for meeting an absurd person who continued to be a pain in the a*s in his life. 

The problem was she wasn’t malevolent like Kevin so he could not bring himself to purely hate her. But even his patience had its limits.

“Stop this madness! There is a misunderstanding here!” Jacob tried to explain while waving his hands and stepping backward. He didn’t want to suffer the pain of those arrows piercing him. 

‘Does this girl even know what she’s doing?’ he thought with slight fear while looking at the five very real ice arrows hovering above her. They released a white mist which lowered the surrounding temperature. 

He tried to give commands to his skeleton archer mentally to avoid exposing his intentions and surprisingly, it worked. His archer stepped aside and took cover behind the tree trunks while aiming at Angela while Jacob remembered the description of his Summon Undead skill.

‘There’s no mention of summoning my skellies in front of me. Does it have a 10-meter summon radius like my Bone Spikes?’

“You should not have bullied me!” she screamed while bringing her hands down like a tsunami crashing ashore. The arrows tore the air apart and faithfully carried out their summoner’s bidding.

Jacob spammed his summon skill while imagining where to summon his skellies. He summoned his Skeleton Warriors and Archers out of Angela’s sight in the cover of the trees.  He also took shelter behind a tall tree with a thick trunk.

Putch! Putch! Putch!

Three tearing sounds appeared right behind him as vitality left the innocent tree caught in the crossfire while two arrows hit the ground on either side.

Despite the colder air due to the ice lowering this area’s temperature, Jacob’s forehead was filled with cold sweat and he wiped it off in relief.

“Don’t make a mistake! You’ll be punished for hurting me!” Jacob yelled. He absolutely didn’t want to have another conflict since he had already made the news. But it looked like Angela wasn’t interested.

“I’ll ask Daddy to take care of it,” she shouted nonchalantly and it made Jacob even more annoyed.

‘Does she have an overprotective father who always overlooks her daughter’s faults?’ she thought with dread.

Ultimately, he took a deep breath and sighed.

‘I am not looking for trouble. But trouble just seems to love coming at me.’

All this while he had not merely waited with the intention of trying to convenience this girl and not have a conflict with her.

‘They’re in position,’ he smiled.

Jacob stepped out of the tree’s cover and approached her. He saw another five arrows floating above Angela and her hands were raised in position.

“Wait! Wait Wait!” he hurriedly said before she tried to murder him again.

“I don’t think you need to go so far just for a squirrel. Why are you doing this?’

He tried to be reasonable. He had already used his phone to start recording the audio before leaving the tree’s cover. 

“It’s Tim. “ She snapped at him. “He’s my friend! How dare you hurt him? Your death won’t be enough to compensate for what he had to go through. Where’s your ugly bone man? Give me Tim otherwise you won’t live to see this night!”

Her chilling words only confirmed Jacob’s suspicion.

‘Yep, she’s total nuts.’

“Okay, okay. There’s no need to be hasty.”  He looked at the spot where his Skeleton Archer had previously taken cover with its bow ready for his orders and shouted, “Come out!” He looked back at Angela. “Let her have her Tim before she acts crazy once again!”

Jacob thought it would end here. He would let her treat Tim and would go home while wondering if she would report him so he had to ask Mr. Adam about this incident and how he should deal with it. But he didn’t know he had just stepped on a landmine and it was about to blow right in his face.

“Crazy.” Jacob heard her mutter this and saw her head was lowered while white hair covered her face. She looked up at him and her red eyes seemed to contain infinite rage. 

“Even you are calling me crazy! Just like them!” Her hands came down in front of her like last time and the arrows streaked and cut through the air aiming at his face, chest, and limbs

“Restrain her!” he roared while jumping to the side since it was impossible to go back to the now-frozen tree. But the arrows too changed directions and aimed at him. Yet Jacob’s face didn’t hold despair as one would expect.

He had reached the edge of another tree and from behind it a White Skeleton Warrior lunged towards him and he took cover behind its body.

Naturally, it was more dangerous since its body was narrower than the tree trunk. But its two-meter frame and its leather armor which was tattered blocked three arrows while it parried the remaining two.

Angela felt angry as she hadn't been able to hit her target twice and raised her hands again. This time she wanted to hit both the skeleton which had protected Jacob and the archer who currently held Tim in its palm. 

The squirrel was shivering in the cold and Jacob noticed this. He mentally commanded his skeleton archer to cover it tightly to give it warmth. The skeletal archer unequipped its bow and tightly held the squirrel. But this act was seen as trying to suffocate the furry creature by an individual.

Angela raised her hands again, slowly this time, and more arrows condensed around her. Sweat dripped from her forehead as she seemed to be at her limits but her rage overcame reason and she wanted Jacob to pay!

Before the arrows even formed, Angela heard loud thuds behind her. Two Skeleton Warriors ran towards her with their chipped iron swords while a Skeleton Archer behind them aimed at her with its bow. 

She stepped back in fright and her hands dropped causing the arrows condensing above her to disappear and become part of the surrounding mist.

The approaching Skeleton Warriors overlapped with some people in her memories. They too used to run towards her with raised hands and she could already imagine the pain that she would feel the next moment. They had hit her with their hands but this time, she was facing swords.

She closed her eyes in fear of the pain she would experience and felt like it would be better to end her miserable existence this time. She then felt sorry for her selfish thoughts and felt sorry about those who loved her. Then she remembered what her father would do to Jacob as he had done to her bullies.

But the swords were upon her and her eyes involuntarily closed. She had no time to warn him and anticipated a swift release from this cruel world.

Putch! Putch!

The sound felt different. It didn’t seem to come from piercing flesh. Instead, it was more like they had hit…

Angela opened her eyes slowly and noticed the swords which were lodged in front of her on the ground. Before she could wonder why they were off target, the Skeleton Warriors apprehended her.

One of them locked her hands behind her while the other locked both of her feet and made her kneel on the ground in Jacob’s direction.

Angela tried to struggle But didn’t have enough strength to overcome the bony hands locking her. Instead, her struggles just added to her pain, and tears formed in her eyes. She looked at her approaching assailant with slight fear.

Jacob felt relieved that the crazy girl had been apprehended. He approached her while his Skeleton Warrior religiously walked in front of him and the one Skeleton Archer also came closer while pointing its bow at Angela’s head.

Tim was put back in the quiver as the cold had assisted it in stopping the bleeding. Right now it was simply weak and was not in life-threatening danger.

“How should I get rid of her?” Jacob wondered out loud while Angela’s eyes widened as she realized his seriousness. Her thoughts of ending her life had disappeared when she left the dangerous situation and his words brought the threat of death once again in front of her.

Jacob didn’t want to create an enemy and let them leave since he would have to stay alert for their revenge. But there was a problem.

“That guard at this playground’s entrance probably knows she’s here and so would her family if she has one.”

Jacob knew he couldn’t silence so many people so what should he do?

He looked around and hoped to find answers then remembered how he met her today.

“An accident!” His eyes brightened. “She’s crazy anyways, so no one will suspect that she killed herself.” Jacob ignored Angela’s pale skin that was turning paler and added, “I think.”

“Stop! Don’t do this! He’ll kill you!” She screamed in genuine worry. Of course, Jacob ignored it.

“That’s what every villain says,” he muttered.

“No, she’s serious. He’ll kill you.”

“There you go again,” Jaacob offhandedly replied then turned back at the voice. It didn’t sound like a girl at all!

“What the-” 

He started in stupefaction at the tree which had a middle-aged male face carved on its trunk. That carved mouth opened once again and spoke to him in a gentle male voice.

“Angela’s saying this for your own good. If you hurt her, her father will not let you go. You’ll be frozen after he’s done with you. Of course, the school will also punish you if you kill her since she’s a genius hunter seedling who has awakened A Rank Ice Talent which has extremely high potential.”

Jacob knew the situation had gotten out of his control and he didn’t want to make it worse by doing something stupid.

“You are?” he probed.

9