Chapter 10: never GIVE up
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having recovered from the initial shock of the lingering curse. Marko stands straight and stares at the man in front of him, looking all smug as he looks perfectly fine, and clearly hostile in his intent, holding a sword in his hand, slowly walking over and preventing Marko from proceeding.

“Should’ve known you were up to no good...” Marko muttered, gripping his sword so tight that veins are visible, his anger shines through.

“Well. I suppose you did know, but just like a bystander, never bother playing the hero. You will continue to complain until the world rot.” He said with a sinister smile, already pointing his sword at Marko. He knows that if Marko were to turn back, all he’ll be met with is a horde of angry bandits looking for him. There’s no escape for him.

“Why the hell are you doing all of this…” Marko asked, or rather tried to demand an answer out of him. “What’s the reason!? Did they get one on you or are you always-!”

“Having ambitions you don’t have, clearly.” He said nonchalantly, interrupting the one who had no clue about the larger picture.

“That’s not a fucking answer!” Marko shouted at him as he took one step back,

“Hmph. And I’m not obligated to answer you either. Expecting some sort of villain monologue? How about figuring it out with that brain of yours. Now stay quiet and go back to your cell, that’s all you need to do.” He said, taking a step forward. Marko is unsettled by the situation, as he could hear footsteps from behind him, he wasn’t all too confident fighting him with many bandits ready to jump him to his back.

“Where is Yur? Where is she!?” He demanded, thinking that he would also cause her harm sooner or later.

“She’ll make her way here eventually, that I can guarantee you.” He said, sounding condescending as he makes it clear that Marko will not leave this place.

*Swing*

He quickly attacked Marko after humoring his question, making it quite clear he’s not planning to fool around. He aimed for Marko’s legs which left him to make a tiny leap out of the way.

Marko gritted his teeth as anger and hatred began fueling him, but when it connected that he really does intent on causing Yur harm, it snapped.

It was something that was already a possibility in his mind, and now he sees that it really is the reality of the situation. He is between a rock and a hard place, the world seems to caved in on him as the person he cared for could be harmed or worse, now in what seems to be an impossible situation as he stared down the person intent on getting in his way, that he was suspicious of but never took action before this.

“I won’t order you the third time around. So turn back, lest you want to die that badly.” Natez said, closing in on him to an uncomfortable degree, not noticing that something has really snapped inside his prey.

“AAAAAH!!!” He screamed. He screamed loudly, echoing throughout the underground hideout.

Suddenly a wall appeared behind both of them, closing them in as the now closed room suddenly feels hot and suffocating, the torches embedded in the wall burning brightly in it.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” Despite knowing full well that he’s a strong magic user, it was still unexpected for Marko to lock themselves in, looking as if to take both of them out. He had a knee-jerk reaction where he jumped back in fear of the unsettling actions, but quickly gathered himself and took a defensive stance. “Tch! You sure have one hell of a death wish!”

*Clash*

Marko rushed in and began fighting. The two roughly match in strength as they exchange blows, parrying and trying to actually get a hit in. Hundreds of attacks in a few minutes, sounds of metal clashing and hitting each other, screeching in each other’s ears.

The room has heated up more and more in the enclosed area as it’s getting harder to breath and the two sweating buckets. Marko kept the spell going, not intent on giving himself any room for reprieve if the same can be said for his foe.

*Clash*

Another clash of blades that left the two jumping back from each other, creating a safe distance.

“Haaah… Haaah… You sure keep going, despite that curse eating away at you…” Natez was already feeling tired due to the suffocating arena Marko put them in. It looks like he has gone insane doing this to begin with, already at the backfoot. He hasn’t completely recovered yet and it will continue to take tolls on him as he keeps forcing himself to fight.

“Shut up! Just die already!” Marko shouted at him, furious and blinded with anger, forcing his body to move despite it protesting with the feeling of pain.

He rushed in and tried his damndest to get a hit in, but his agility being lowered by the minute doesn’t help him in the least as Natez remained composed and blocked any incoming attack no matter how strong.

The fight goes on and on, with neither show signs of giving up, though one definitely looks absolutely miserable fighting, while the other starts to get annoyed and frustrated as it goes on and the walls continue to hold.

Exchange of blades continue, neither getting a hit in as their movements become more awkward and their sense dulled. They can’t even bother to follow up an attack or take advantage of any open as they can hardly see through their own sweat.

“You’re really committed to turning this place into a hellfire oven!” Natez complained. He at first thought that Marko will stop maintaining the walls and rising heat if he wore him down long enough, yet as the fight goes on and now feeling like his skin is completely dried and itchy, drying up from the heat and feeling as if his skin could catch fire, he began to understand that he underestimated his foe’s determination. “(Of all the self-destructive trait this man needs to have-!)”

Natez suddenly made a downward slash towards Marko, who managed to dodge the telegraphed attack and then…

*Slash*

“Urgh!” A slash to his arm, after a relentless assault and a lapse in judgment, Marko got one good hit at Natez left arm, leaving a small wound that bleeds, blood dripping to the floor and drying out in a matter of seconds as the heat continues to rise. Despite the danger of his mana running low, Marko maintained the lethal arena, seeing that Natez's patience began to run thin.

Natez began retreating and making sure to stay the hell out of Marko’s attack, not even bothering to parry, merely thinking to avoid the attack until Marko completely exhausted himself. “(Just needs to keep dodging!)”

The room was getting so hot it feels as if everything is going to catch on fire, burst into flames at a moment's notice. The two thought the room turned red due to the heat, but it was merely that their minds were deluded by it.

The duel that quickly devolved into a cat-and-mouse scenario continued as the searing heat rose and both were exhausted physically and mentally.

Marko can barely feel anything aside from the heat and pain in his body as it gets stiff and hard to move, everything he does just fills his brain with more and more pain.

*Graze*

Another instance of his swing connecting, but it was a small graze at Natez’s cheek that doesn’t amount to anything, but it does make him angrier at his persistence.

*Kick*

Natez kicked him back as he put some distance between him. This time a knee-jerk reaction that doesn’t lead to him getting more than he asked for.

“Haaah… Haaah… If I didn’t know a bit about ice magic I would’ve look almost look as miserable as you…” Natez suddenly mentioned. Marko, hearing this glare at him and saw him gather mana into his palm, ready to cast a spell. Seeing Marko’s expression, he makes a sickening smirk. “Hmph. Don’t you look surprised. Maybe if you actually pay attention to this guy you thought was suspicious, you’ll already figure it out.”

Marko tried to move in to interrupt the spell, but his stiff movement and exhaustion means he can barely move as he saw the spell forming.

“[Snowy Wind]!” Natez cast his spell and created a cool, almost chaotic wind that turned the room cold, counteracting Marko’s spell that has taken hold of this box he put them in for all this time. “Didn’t expect you to keep it up that long for me to use that, to put it-”

“[Flight Step]” Marko muttered.

*Stab*

His body glided by the wind surrounding his legs, he gets a clean hit, piercing Natez’s side, giving him no time to react at all.

*Slash*

For his trouble he got hit by a clean swing of Natez’s blade, a diagonal cut at his torso, leaving a large bleeding wound as he tumbled and collapsed onto the ground, his body contorting in pain as the basilisk’s curse acted up even more violently.

“...And still your walls still stay strong. You should’ve quit while you’re… Ugh… Ahead…” While still the one holding the advantage in this prolonged battle, Natez’s wounds don't give him room for brevity. He walked towards the collapsed Marko, having trouble seeing him as the torches’ flames fizzed out, needing to use a minor fire spell to be able to see anything in the inescapable arena.

He could hear faint banging on the wall, no doubt from his subordinates trying to break through the wall constructed by one man’s will. An appreciated sentiment, if a bit annoying.

*STAB*

In the brief moment of distraction however, he felt a pain in his chest as he looked down to see a long log rock stabbed in his chest, extending from the earth. An unnatural occurrence that can only mean one thing in this scenario. Unfortunately for him he couldn't express his frustration as he saw a hand grabbing onto the spike protruding from the earth, slowly dragging himself close to him…

*Punch*

It wasn’t a strong attack, it was a weak punch towards a man ready to fall into his own grave. Both of them fall onto the ground, both bleeding out as the lance of rock dissipates into nothing. The walls slowly crumble as the sound of people hitting it can be heard.

“Y-You… won’t ma…ke it out… alive.” Natez showed some defiance in his words even though he lost, barely able to move, bleeding out and his life slowly leaving him.

“I… will… because… I’m…” Marko muttered, holding out any shred of hope he has, after all, he’s different. That’s one thing he is certain of.

“A rein…carnator? Don’t make me… laugh… there’s…” Marko gasped as he heard those words, shutting up as Natez used the last of his breath to taunt him to the end. “-more of us… out there… You… are just someone… going along… and along… like the world… will… give it all… yet… here you are… ha… haa… haa…”

*Stab*

“Shut up…” 

*Stab*

“Shut up…”

*Stab*

“Shut up…”

*Stab

“Shut up.”

*Stab*

“Shut up.”

*STAB*

“SHUT UP!!!” He screamed. He screamed. Silencing the words of a dying man. He stabbed him with the man’s own sword, even as his body is also failing him, he kept doing it, despite bleeding out, despite the dangers around him, despite him already dying, he kept stabbing him, screaming on the top of his lungs, until he’s certain he can’t hear those mocking words anymore. His consciousness barely maintained. His vision is blurry, his body is stiff like stone, blood leaving his body and skin turning pale.

*QUAKE* *CRASH*
A massive earthquake erupts and shatters the wall he used to trapped both of them. The bandits that were chasing now were able to catch up, but saw a horrible scene of the two bleeding bodies, one of them being dear to them.

“BOSS!” They cried out seeing his dead body next to the dying Marko. All of them are furious at him, their emotions run deep as they are all ready to kill him.

Marko can’t even see anything as his eyelids closed shut as he’s about to fall unconscious, unable to defend himself against the swarming killing intent.

*CRASH*

Suddenly there was sunlight. The earth gave in and collapsed, creating a large hole in the ground that connected the surface to the bandit’s lair. The bandits stopped in their tracks as the improbable happened.

There was a figure that basked in the sunlight, landing down where the surface had collapsed, slowly looking around and seeing the two bleeding bodies and the large group of bandits glaring at her.

“Hmph.” She responded with an annoyed grunt as she made motion with her hands.

*CREAK*

Suddenly a large quantity of roots emerged out of the walls and tied the bandits in their place, disarming them in quick fashion, all of them shocked at the weaponization of innocuous plant life. None able to break free of the vines.

*SHOCK*

Suddenly loud screams can be heard as a wave of electricity was blasted towards the bandits, electrifying their body in short order, leaving them in terrible pain and many passed out due to said pain.

She calmly walked over to the two bodies, moving the barely conscious Marko and kicking Natez’s dead body away. She examined him for a brief moment.

“You really need to stop dying in front of me.” She commented before began healing him,

“AAARRRHGGGH!?!?!” Unfortunately it wasn’t a pleasant process for him. His body spazzes out as she forcibly treats him, silently casting a multitude of spells while he goes completely insane, seeing colors and feeling unimaginable pain throughout the process.

He passed out just as the treatment was over, something the green-haired thinks to worry about later, as she can detect multiple miscreants in the area still needing to be taken out.

She dashed in without care, leaving Marko and the bandits unconscious, hunting down any bandits left in there and inspecting the bandit’s lair for everything they may have to report to the guild.

*Snap*

She snapped her finger as she cast a spell that gravitates all the bandits to the same location and tied them all out with dark chains made from her own magic, counting more than a few dozens bandits that she has to carried all the way back to the capital, she then look over Natez’s dead body and Marko, stuffing the former in a bag while checking if the latter will wake up any time soon.

*Slap*

She lightly slapped him on the cheek, with no signs of waking at all, it looks as if he went into a coma again, from what she can tell.

“(Guess I had to carry him back…)” She thought to herself as she also chained him up so she could drag him along as well on the way back. “(Now how do I do this without being an embodiment of the word conspicuous…)”

 

“Hmmphhh… Hm? Wha? Where am I?” When Marko finally came to, he was in bed, sleeping for quite some time. It was his room back at the capital’s guild. It wasn’t a scene he was expecting, not that he was expecting anything as he was too delirious to think at all before he passed out.

It was already sunset when he looked out the window, and he doesn’t know what to make of anything that happened. He wasn’t even sure what was real or not, as he was a desperate mess by the end, barely lucid as his life was slowly draining away.

Now he’s back here as if nothing happened, but he’s certain something did happen back then.

“Marko!” The door opened and someone called out to him. His old friend who looks relieved that he has finally woken up.

“Dane… What the hell happened?” Marko asked, still feeling confused. From what he remembered, he was days away from this place, in peril unlike anything he has seen.

“I have no freaking clue! I just heard that those bandits captured you before being rescued. You were fine but just wouldn’t wake up!” Dane said all that he knew.

“Right… Wait! What about the others? What about Yur!?” Marko replied solemnly before remembering the others. Outright panicking when thinking about her.

“Well the big guy and your girl friend are both fine, but the other one died.” Dane answered, a bit surprised at his friend’s outburst. Marko meanwhile started to recollect what happened, why that man died first of all.

“Good riddance… Where’s Yur right now?” Marko asked, not thinking about anything else at the moment.

“Her? I’ve seen her in the guild the past few days so you’ll find her there… Maybe tomorrow? Then again she did come visit you when you’re still sleeping sometimes.” Dane answered, giving him more peace of mind.

“Good to hear that… How long was I out?” One more question from Marko.

“Just a day short of a week. You look perfectly fine but you were sleeping for a long time, even longer than the last time this happened.” Dane said, sounding a bit concerned.

“Last time huh… Guess something similar did happen before. Thanks, for telling me all this…” Marko replied, feeling better from the small talk.

“No need for that. We’re buddies, remember?” Dane responded with a smile, walking to the door. “How about you go get a nice long bath? It’s been a while, eh?”

“Guess I should…” Marko mumbled, standing up and walking with Dane to the nearest bathhouse. Relaxing in the large warm bath, taking their time as everyone’s worries washed away and leaving them with their thoughts cleared and serene.

“(…Guess everything turned out fine in the end…)” That was the most he had to think about, washing his body and relaxing for a long time.

Soon enough both of them returned to their room, each sitting on their bed, seeing that there’s not much to do as the Moon took the Sun’s shift, now rising in its place as the night blue sky replaced the orange sunset.

*Knock* *Knock*

“Seems like she came by again.” Dane muttered as he walked over to the door, opening it to see the familiar girl that has visited him, or rather Marko, these past days. “He’s awake now you can-”

“He’s awake!? Let me see him!” She immediately demanded upon hearing the good news. Looking impatient.

“Alright alright, you can come in.” Dane casually said before letting her in, who rushed over to Marko’s side.

They both stared at each other, relief falls over Yur while Marko looked overwhelmed at her reaction.

Looking at her he can see her eyes getting wet, she hugged him, hugged him tight and never let go. He was shocked, while also seeing Dane silently leave the room, leaving the two of them by themselves.

Silence filled the room. An awkward silence between the two that neither are sure how to break.

“I’m… so glad…” Yur muttered, holding back tears as she could see him awake, alive and well.

“I’m sorry.” Unable to come up with anything to say, he apologized, unsure of what exactly, but seeing how sorrowful she is, he can’t help but say sorry.

“I don’t care about that! I’m just glad you’re awake! Alright!?” She snapped at him, leaving him feeling sort of overwhelmed.

“…Right. How do I make it up to you then?” He tried to dance around the word ‘sorry’. Still unsure of how to continue the moment.

“Hmpf…” She pouted at his rather awkward response. “How about… We have a bit of a talk elsewhere? This room is a bit stuffy I’d say.”

“That’s fine. Like I’m doing anything today.” Marko agreed, and both get off the bed with Yur taking the lead. Both stepped out of the room with Dane waiting by a wall, to which Marko called out to him. “We’ll be having a walk.”

“Right.” Dane replied simply, and then walked back into the room while the two got out of the guild building and roaming the streets of the capital. “(Hope those two have fun.)”

*Growl*

“Uhhh…” Marko can’t help but let out an embarrassed voice, while not exactly loud both of them can hear his stomach growling.

“Unsightly but not unexpected, how about we find something to eat then? A few establishments should still be open at this hour.” Yur said, beckoning him to follow while chuckling at his reaction. Both of them walked throughout the night, with Yur occasionally look straight up into the night sky, luminated by the Moon’s light and the distant stars.

Soon they found a restaurant still open. If Marko were to describe it, it’s like some sort of fancy European restaurant, it even got a French-sounding name. “(Just what the hell is this world anyway? Seems like collages of Earth and generic medieval fantasy stuff that doesn’t make any sense… Kinda like some mainstream rpg I guess… I wonder if this world is like any game I’ve played before… That would’ve help…)”

“Hm? Thinking about something?” Seeing that he slowed down as they reached the entrance, Yur turned around to ask him.

“...Nothing important. Let’s go in.” He replied. It’s not exactly what she wanted to hear, but she dropped the question as both went inside and sat at a table across from each other.

Both of them look through the menu, each item having illustration and description for them to see and judge. “(A bunch of pasta dishes, there are also fancy alcohols to choose too.)”

Both of them didn't take long to order the rather expensive foods, taking their time with it as silence filled the restaurant aside from the sound of someone spitting her drink. The two stared at each other occasionally while eating, not feeling like saying anything until they’re done with their food.

Drinks were ordered as both agreed to stay a bit longer in the rather romantic atmosphere of the restaurant, decorated with flowers and bright pink and red colors painted over, along with scented candles.

“So… What exactly happened back there? If you don’t mind me asking.” Yur asked, bringing up the heavy topic first.

“I remembered being kidnapped while I was asleep… Then trying to break out, then that guy tried to stop me from escaping, we fought… I killed him and… it went blank after that.” Marko recalled. A lot of things happened in the short amount of time he was conscious, and had no idea what happened to everyone else. “What happened to you? I heard you and that large guy are fine, but is that all?”

“If only. We were both chased out of the town, separated, and surrounded. If not for someone coming to help us we would’ve been captured too, and you would’ve died.” She answered, sounding rather solemn.

“Huh… Wait, I would’ve died? Who came and picked me up anyway?” Marko noticed the last point which implied someone came to save him too.

“Same person who saved us. I… may have inelegantly begged her to save you. Be grateful for that.” Yur said, sounding rather embarrassed.

“Heh. Well I truly am.” He smiled at her reaction, and he of course appreciated the length she goes to to help him.

“Damn you! That’s even more embarrassing…” She blushed at his genuine smile. “…Let’s go elsewhere now shall we? Your stomach is satisfied, I would've imagined.”

“I’m full now, thanks for asking.” He casually replied.

They left the restaurant and walked around the capital once more, roaming the streets and occasionally looked up at the night sky.

“You seem to look up a lot now that I think about it.” Marko commented.

“What can I say? It’s a beautiful view.” She replied softly.

They both walked to a park, decorated with all kinds of flowers and trees, as well as fountains. The two found a bench to sit together at, in the depths of night as it’s silent and isolated, lacking people and liveliness of the morning, replaced by a quiet serenity.

“Say. What do you think about the night sky?” She asked him, as both looked up at it, seeing the dark sky decorated by stars, splashed with blue and purple, and looking vast, more open than even the bright blue sky.

“Well… I’d admit I never give it much thought. (I always see it in stories as this ethereal beauty that grants hope to those trapped in darkness, but whenever I looked outside my house back then, it always feels like a suffocating dome of pitch black darkness…)” He said, not being all too honest with her.

“Really? I always saw it as a beautiful place, just out of reach… It’s kinda like a painting, something beautiful that you don’t really reach.” Yur mentioned, leading on the conversation to somewhere that Marko doesn’t have a clue on.

“Hmm… Well… I guess it’s like that. I don’t think anyone will ever reach those stars…” Marko muttered. Even back in his old world, the most they can get to were the planets in their solar system, not even close reaching elsewhere.

“Not even you?” She asked. He can only stare at her, taking a moment to realize how no one in this kind of world could understand or comprehend how many lifetimes it will take to reach what they admired, the sign of heaven that glitters in the night sky.

“Well… It would take a god or something to reach it I’d say.” Marko replied, still somewhat taken aback by her words.

“Jeez. How far do you think they are from us?” Yur asked, seeing that he’s rather confident in how hopeless reaching them are.

“Too far to worth it. I know that much.” He answered. He might not be an impressive guy but it’s common sense that those stars in the sky are too far for any humans to reach.

“...I see.” She muttered, staring back up, thinking about something. “I want to reach it, someday.”

“You do? Then why be an adventurer then?” Marko asked, a bit surprised at her words.

“Well… Reaching the stars isn’t my only dream.” She began answering, staring at him while saying so. “Folklore, fairytale… I heard of many tales of adventurers, warriors of time long passed, reaching fame and glory those who remain passive will never achieve. I think that… Becoming an adventurer was a starting point of something bigger.”

“...That's the same on my end.” Marko muttered. “I’m never sure where the future will go, so I keep going, and nothing else.”

“Guess we both share that in common…” Yur said with a smile, getting slightly closer to him, subtle enough for him to not notice at first. It was nice to talk a bit about her past, even if there’s something she wants to leave herself, the old sheltered life, pampered and never wanting, it was never for her.

“Guess we do…” Marko muttered, thinking about what this moment is supposed to be. “(What are we going to talk about? I don’t really know, I just go along with it…)”

“Say… Do you think you can be beside me from now on?” She suddenly asked, sounding rather nervous.

“Huh? Why wouldn’t I?” He asked, puzzled at her question.

“Uhhh… I mean… Thought you were starting to get sick of me or something! Ehh…” She starts sounding more nervous, which to him just seems all the more odd, like she’s hiding something. “Look I think us having something in common means we should stick together right? A good match?”

“Is that what you meant?” He asked, feeling like there’s more to it than that.

“...Alright… I meant being together with me! More than just going on requests and hanging out like this… can you do that?” She began explaining her real feelings on the matter.

There was an emotion Marko never felt before that sprung up suddenly. He feels uncertain of the meaning behind those words and this feeling he has.

“I… I can do that… Say… Yur… can I ask something?” He replied, starting to stutter, something she noticed and getting more nervous herself.

“Y-Yes?” She said, starting to stutter herself.

“Are…” He blushed, as both of them stare at each other, moving closer, getting intimately close. “I mean… I'll be happy if you are… Uhh…”

Neither of them knew what to say as their feelings became clear, but were unable to say anything, feeling afraid, afraid that they’ll ruin the most important moment.

Their faces got close, very close, neither unable to say anything more except staring into each other’s eyes. Blushed harder, heart beat faster.

Without any other words coming out of their mouth, they can only speak through actions to convey their feelings.

Getting intimately close in the cold yet beautiful night, silence filled the air in the empty park. The stars in the sky shine bright, the moon reflecting the hopeful light full of life, they decided, an opportunity that they don’t want to be forever lost.

They kissed.

 

 

—--------     END     --------—  ?

 

 

 

——————————————

“Dissociation…” The effeminate voice rang out in her head, suddenly muttering something during her break.

“Where does that come from?” She asked, wondering if her partner has anything interesting to discuss.
“I’m just wondering about something… Say. What would it be like for you? Dying, violently or peacefully, and next thing you know, you’re somewhere you don’t know, with people you don’t understand, and a helpless body that isn’t yours. What would it be like for you?” The voice asked, before elaborating further.

“...Anyone would be overwhelmed.” She gave an indirect answer, crossing her arms as she kept listening.

“...Good enough. Right. That makes me think… Maybe their minds are so overwhelmed that they can barely tell reality from fantasy. Their mind broke down as their perception of the world was broken. Some sort of dissociation, some sort of detachment… I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re all fundamentally somewhere along that spectrum.” Her companion elaborate, leaving a moment of silence for her to think it over. The one who has dealt with more than a few, some unfortunately with their tale cut short by her hands.

“So you’re saying that their eccentricities and such were some sort of twisted coping mechanism? Their detachment from reality, their delusion of grandeur, all stems from extreme trauma of such a one-in-thousands twist of fate.” She concluded and asked for more elaboration. 

“Well, I guess you can think of it that way. I’m not really sure if that’s even really true or not. I do know that many will cling to something from their past to stay sane. Mannerism, hope, dreams, likes, just something… anything at all, and lose sight of the present.” Her companion further explained the theory. “Maybe they just want to be more than their past self, it weighs them down as they try to reach somewhere, to be even remotely close to your level.”

“Hmph… Is that supposed to make me any more sympathetic towards them than others?” She asked, with a small smirk on her face, amused at the point her partner seems to be making.

“Not really. I know there’s no point changing your mind, it’ll just get in your way. I just want to ponder on it more, this phenomenon, and how it affects those involved.” It was merely just a thought in the end, and nothing else, knowing full well that she simply goes on and on, a path of a bloodied mercenary, unfettered by their origin.

“I see. A soul clinging on to its old world, trying to heal its broken mind as their perception of reality breaks and everything they ever hold dear disappeared and forever lost…” She muttered, thinking more about it herself, before looking at the one who brought up the topic in the first place. “Well… Where does that leave you?”

“Where indeed…”

0