Chapter 13: — Faint Dream ~ Inanimate Dream —
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A ridiculous scene. The giant metal suit was stopped by a single hand, by someone who just a moment prior seemed to have never existed in the same room as them, yet here she is, interrupting something that could’ve, or rather has gone disastrously.

Suddenly she grabbed one of the suit’s many wrists, basically crushing it with how much force she put in, once more completely out of the ordinary.

“I’ll take this outside, sorry for the damages.” Belphi said, tilting her head to look at her client one more time before continuing.

*Throw* *CRASH*

She threw the suit upwards, breaking through the ceiling and the mansion, sending it up high into the sky as she followed suit by jumping through the holes she created by such an aggressive act.

*KICK*

Reaching the same altitude she kicked the heavy metal body far away, using an inhuman amount of force that sent it flying far away, even passing the capital’s border as few onlookers even saw just a glimpse of it.

Marko himself was left speechless as the suit announced loudly of the damage dealt and still trying to eject him, with only his willpower to keep that from happening.

*CRASH*

He crash landed into the ground, leaving a long trail in the aftermath with dirt and rocks flying everywhere. If it weren’t for the suit’s incredible durability and powerful blessing greatly boosting his own power and endurance, he would’ve died right then and there.

“He really wasn’t kidding about the relic’s power.” A soft uninterested voice rings out in the air as the mercenary slowly floats down, catching up to him despite the speed he unwittingly traveled at.

By the time she landed down on the ground, Marko barely managed to navigate the suit and make it stand back up again. She merely looked at the sky while he was doing so, seeing the dark clouds looming in the afternoon when the sun should still shine. Like she wasn’t even bothered by his presence, that it’s a nonissue.

“Seems like it’ll rain pretty soon.” She commented as she pulled a pink parasol out of nowhere, holding it on her shoulder while she observed the young man’s action.

“What the hell do you think you're doing…” Marko managed to say, his voice echoing out of the suit, being the first thing he said during the confrontation. “Get out of my way!”
He said, running at Belphi with each arm ready to strike the disinterested-looking mercenary.

*Strike*
“That’s my line.” She quietly said as she swatted the giant suit away with the parasol, the suit launched away and rolled down on the hard ground with the sounds of the metal limbs hitting it and each other. “Seriously, what a bunch of reckless actions done back to back.”
“Agh… AAAHHHH!!!” Recovering from the strike, before he could try to attack her again, once more lightning pulses throughout his entire body as the old relic tried to eject him from it, with electric shock and system messages. It wasn’t fatal but clearly extremely painful, which only makes his opponent all the more perplexed.

“You better get out of there before something worse happens and surrender already. Couldn’t possibly be worse than what’s about to happen.” She said, glaring at him while he’s still feeling the effects of the machine. “Old incomprehensible technology of time long passed isn’t yours to wield, and the consequence is already presenting itself, give up.”
“Give up…?” He said through the pain.

“Exactly. Give up or die, that’s your choice now, not mine.” She said, pressuring him to answer as he tried to stay steady as he felt the pain numbed down. She taunted, waving her unopened parasol at him in a whimsical manner. “Come on, say it loud and clear.”

*Parry*

Instead of answering with words, he answered with his fist, moving the suit and aiming to punch the confident mercenary down, but once more she stopped the attack in its tracks, striking the suit’s hand away with the parasol.

“That’s not an answer.” She said, sounding mildly annoyed at his lack of response. “...Maybe you need a bit more convincing then…”
“I like to see you try!” He suddenly shouted at her, confident in his own conviction and judgment, with him running in once more wildly, while Belphi took a huge leap backwards, not bothering to fight him up close, putting up great distance between them.

Suddenly multiple spikes emerge from the earth, trapping Marko and stopping his advance towards his foe.

“Don’t mock me!” He shouted as he gathered enough strength to break through the prison of spikes, shattering them into small pebbles and dust.

*Sizz*

Each hand of the metal giant manifests a large ball of flames, and launches them at the mercenary who doesn’t seem concerned at all. The field of grass in front of her suddenly stood up and elongated at attention, forming a large wall obscuring her and shielding her from the incoming spells as the balls of flames made contact with the wall instead of the intended target.

She then forcibly grabbed the burning wall of grass with her power, plucking and levitating it off the ground as the launched at it Marko.

“Tch!” It wasn’t very effective even though it’s a flaming projectile, as when it hit the metal suit, the grass all scattered and flew into the wind, dealing no damage whatsoever.

“Hmph, did that actually scare you?” She taunted him, which ended up agitating him even further, as if the suit’s program didn’t try to annoy him to death already, along with still torturing him with bursts of electricity, trying to make him stop using it.

He glared at her from inside the suit, seeing her unfeeling cold dark cyan eyes staring at him, mocking him, to demonstrate just how superior she is compared to him, it was an attempt to make him lose hope, but he wouldn’t have it.

“As if I’ll-!”
*BANG*
Without any warning, the head of the suit got blasted clean off, leaving a perplexed young man to process what just happened as she can see his expression in full.

She was making a finger gun gesture, and shot off a powerful blast of energy at him while he was making his retort, and he looked terrified for a moment before shaking his head, pushing that feeling away the best he could.

Despite the helmet being destroyed, he could still see its interface popping up in front of him, not that he can really understand what they all do as he is in a life-or-death situation at the moment, unable to calm down and think as he formed spears in each hand, looking to skewer her.

“Now you just look like a maniac.” She commented as she pulled out multiple sunflower seeds, launching in multiple directions surrounding Marko, yet keeping a safe distance. Marko ignored the odd act and ran at her. “Begone!”

She said like a command as power surged from her, emanating throughout the field and pushed Marko back, even with the heavy metal suit and great power that it granted him, it pales in comparison as he gets flung away despite trying his best to brave through it.

The sunflowers bloomed, turning into giant looming flowers, thirteen into total surrounding him, with one directly shielding Belphi. While look intimidating Marko couldn’t see how they could be a threat, at least until the one in front of Belphi lights up and-

*Blast*

Launch a beam of energy right at him from its head. To which he barely avoided getting hit directly, yet his three left arms were caught in the attack and the formed spears disintegrate while the arms became brittle from the damage.

*Pierce*

As the attack ended he threw the three remaining spears right at it, killing the animated sunflower, which quickly wilted and turned to dust.

Seeing that she is now without a shield, he ran towards while she merely smirked. “You idiot!”

Instead of reaching and attacking her, he instead ran into what seems to be an invisible wall, which suddenly lights up in his face, almost blinding him with its brilliant light as he took steps back, surprised by what happened.

“Know when there are threats all around you.” She said to him beyond the wall of light, as he turned around to see the walls connecting to each giant sunflower.

He then got pushed back once more, just from Belphi exerting a bit of her power and pushing him back to the middle, surrounded by all of the giant flowers as suddenly hundreds of pellets of light appeared and surrounded him around all sides, multiple circles covering the area and homing in on him, slowly making their way towards him while he can only watch, at least that was his initial thought… “Bring it on!”
He flat out tried to walk through them just to attack the flowers and lowered the barrier, which leads to-

**Boom**
Multiple tiny explosions happening left and right, slowly wearing down the armor as the previously slow projectile now launched themselves at him like a shower of bullets.

By the end of it, the armor looks burnt and the man inside it is barely hanging on to consciousness due to pain, not even able to make the suit stand back up to the damages.

Despite it all seemingly being over already, Belphi still doesn’t move at all as she observes what he’ll try to do next, or if that relic of time long passed will try out something sinister.

A minute passed and he was trying to move the heavy lump of metal his body is stuck to, looking miserable, even more so as water droplets fell from the sky.

“(Now it’s raining…)” Belphi thought to herself as she opened her parasol, with dark clouds looming over the scene while soaking everything wet, the backdrop of the battle as bleak as Marko’s condition.

*Stab*

Without warning, Marko could feel his body being stabbed. His two arms, his two legs, his torso, everything below his head is being stabbed like a pincushion, yet his body doesn’t get turned into a bloody mess, and he could feel something being injected into him.

“What a mess.” Belphi said out loud as she silently commanded the giant sunflowers to attack Marko, able to tell that something was off. All of them charging up and-

*BOOM*

Blast their energy beam all at the still downed Marko, creating a massive explosion that’s contained within the prison of light. The wind rages on in the aftermath, like a rainstorm as the dark clouds still shed its tears.

Belphi still observes the situation, to see what’s beneath the smoke and ashes.

*SIZZ*

Suddenly a whirlwind of flames manifested, battling the rainy sky and the prison of light, with each sunflower starting to catch fire as the rainy clouds were pushed away and the raging flames countering the raindrop. It was a sudden burst of power that soon went away, and the weather calmed back down to a melancholic rain.

The giant flowers all wilted down and rejoined the earth, the wall of light disappeared without its anchor, and all that is left is the two people locked in battle.

The mechanical armor reformed itself with the exception of its head, letting Belphi see a bit under the armor, at least at Marko’s neck, as saw something quite unique.

“(Some sort of liquid metal sticking itself to him, gluing him to the armor… Is it trying to…?)” Belphi began thinking, but quickly dropped the line of thought as she saw the desperate man chasing her down with even greater speed than before.

*Strike*

She let herself get hit this time to know for certain how powerful he became suddenly, getting launched into the air still holding the parasol steady to not get herself soaking wet.

The man in metal lunged at her silently, leaping into the air as well and clenched one of the fist tight as he punched her straight down into the ground.

“Hmm…” She ponders for a moment, now thinking back to what her client has said about the family’s relic, standing back up nonchalantly while knowing full well that Marko is nowhere near done with his attacks.

*Block*

A spherical barrier formed around her, bouncing Marko’s attempted tackle back at him and sending him flying again, while she lightly dusted herself off the best she could.

“Not so fast there.” She said to Marko, who is clearly surprised by the seemingly sudden shift, from beating her down to being tossed aside like nothing. “Don’t you think your little boost was a tad suspicious?”

“The hell?” He muttered, having no idea what she’s insinuating.

“Well it seems like you can still have rational thoughts… Relatively speaking…” Belphi mockingly commented before answering him. “That relic is still eating away at you even if it gave you incredible strength. Don’t you see that it’s gluing yourself to it? Clearly having more plans for you?”
“So what of it!? If it means defeating you then-”
“Shortsighted.” She interrupted his speech again as she was already in front of him.

*SMACK*

Smacking him away with the back of her hand, sending him flying away, then crashing and rolling to the ground. She leapt over and once more in front of the man in metal, not even worried of his obvious aggression as she once more spoke. “Those liquid metal piercing and violating your body as we speak, did you not see and feel them, or are you just unable to care.”

Last drop of rain landed as its sound ringed in his ears as did her question, himself never once questioning how after so much beatdown already, he still stood, or how the suit’s program stopped ejecting him. There’s something more going on, yet he never even thinks about it.

“Haaah… Well?” She said in the moment of brevity, closing her parasol and leaning it on her right shoulder.

*ZIP*
He then moved suddenly, increasing his speed even further as he circles around Belphi.

“Still not ready to give up even with what I said? Well I can’t be too sure, so say it out loud already will you?” She wasn’t impressed, not changing her lax posture as she can tell what kind of spell he’s using, a rather simple wind spell that boosts one’s speed.

**Parry**

Multiple attacks came her way, all parried with her parasol, enduring all the incoming attacks and further frustrated him.

Suddenly she began to float, hovering above the ground as she aimed her parasol right at the still moving Marko.

*Strike*

With superior speed and precision she knocked him down and stood victorious in exchange, able to hear his pained groan as the strike connected. “Wasn’t all too successful now is it?”

“Where…” He suddenly spoke up again, sounding his anger. “Where did you learn that?”
“What are you even talking about? It’s just a rudimentary spell.” She nonchalantly stated.

…He was left lost in thought hearing her dismissive words…

*KICK*

But she wasn’t having any of it as she kicked him, sending him flying for tens of feet into the air and came crashing down. Being sent flying many times by now and yet keeps on standing, despite the impossible odds. Sending him flying like a ragdoll was getting stale for her.

“What an embarrassment… Say, why do you think you have a chance here? There’s none, just give up already, before either the machine or I ended up killing you.” She casually said as she strolled over, still entertaining the idea of not killing him off.

“Like I’m gonna do that…!” He defiantly said. “I’ll defeat you, I will! Because...because…! Argh!”

“Seems like the machine is doing some nasty work on you already… Going be painful getting you out of it, who knows how much of you will be left by the end.” She said, seeing him clenching his head in main as the liquid metal within the suit creeped up onto his neck, and his voice starting to change, echoing it out loud as he tried to suppress a scream. “Well? Weren’t you gonna say something?”

She stared at him as the sky began to clear, showing the sun slowly descending as the sky became a deeper shade of blue. When the man in metal stood back up tall, he almost looked unhinged, from what who can say, but it’s certainly abnormal. He began speaking up, looking uncharacteristically cocksure. “Because this is my second chance! I must be victorious! In this story I won’t lose! This is my story! And you’re not a part of-!”

*BANG*

“Right. Worldcrosser.” She said, blasting him away with the finger gun spell again, clearly getting sick of his monologue already, and uninterested in a detail she already figured out. Feeling annoyed, she puts away her parasol as she slowly walks a few steps forward. “Story this, fate that, isekai those, ugh… Let me tell you something, boy.”

Power rages on violently, encircling her like a whirlwind as the area is painted by red and purple light, a raging storm trapping him and can only glare at the one who created such atrocity. She floats about and slowly moves away from the trapped opponent as she gathers her breath.

“Self-inserts like you are pissing me off!” She shouted at him as suddenly light shines bright above them, and Marko can see a large red spear of light falling down, like a bright star that descended from heaven.

*BOOM*

The fallen star connects its target, him. Leaving behind a crater, with smoke and dust permeating the air and slowly clears itself out for Belphi to see the result. She can see a large chunk of the suit broken off to show a slim metallic figure underneath, instead one of a flesh and blood human, and look at his face to see him riddled with agony as more living metal connected itself to his head.

“Tch. (These ancient relics are just way too durable for their good, not to mention the innate ability to fix themselves… Guess that’s why they retain their pristine condition for millennia.)” She looks annoyed that the relic is still having its way with Marko. While she doesn’t care if he lives or dies, she at least wants him to say it out loud if he’ll choose death or not first.

*Shine* *Clank* *Spin*

She manifested chains of light and chained Marko up, dragging him out of the small crater and swung him around for a bit.

*CRASH*

As soon as she had her fun and let him crash into the ground again, the chains disappeared. She walked up to the man still holding on with his hope and determination, looking unimpressed with his performance overall. “You guys are persistent if nothing else, extra life makes you cocky it seems.”

He didn’t take the insult lying down as he stood back up and readied to strike her down.

*BANG*

She does the finger gun gesture and nonchalantly blasts him away again before he could even get close, and once more she approaches him, not intimidated by the relic’s power and Marko’s absurd persistence at all.

“You all seem to think you’re special, just because by a twist of fate you all are given more than one life.” She continues talking, mocking Marko and those that came before him, those who dared to stand in her way, because… “Thinking of yourself as a hero, a protagonist of a larger plot, to reach the levels of heroes in fairy tales and stories of the gods and cycles of the world. Hmph, the best you can do is be a dead-man walking in a tragedy if you’re lucky.”

Marko tried to punch her only for his fist to be caught effortlessly.

*Crush* *Swing* *Crash*
She spun him around and buried his body into the ground with sheer force, then picked him back up like a ragdoll and threw him into the ground again, his metal body bouncing about while she jumped over without care.

“You should know by now if you even try to check…” She said, once more in front of the collapsed mechanical armor, with Marko gathering his breath, standing back up as the suit repaired his body, while still frying his brain and assimilating his body. “There are more of them out there, many of them knowing their place, unlike you.”
**Stab**

Multiple spikes protrude from the earth, this time stabbing through the suit itself and piercing right through Marko’s body from the neck down. He was unable to move as Belphi stared right at him, as if to look into his very own soul.

“You see yourself as special, a miracle that occurred, a one in a billion, and that means greatness comes for you as long as you keep going, even when you’re blind to everything around you, never bother to learn anything. Do you think someone like that has even the slimmest of hope to challenge me?” Belphi mockingly said, seeing the pathetic state the young man is in, half his face already covered by metal as the suit tried to rewrite him, only slowing down to repair the damages the mercenary has done to it. “To me, you’re just one of many that I will continue to cut down, a statistic, a head count.”

“UrghhGAAAHH!!!” He screamed loudly, breaking free of the spikes as the suit healed his wounds enough for him to keep moving, his rage already past the breaking point as he attacks her with a barrages of punches, from all six arms he attacks at an incredibly fast rate, but Belphi have no trouble dodging them at all, not even needing to retreat as she continued to dodge.

*BAM*

Then after getting bored she blasted him with an energy attack, raising her hand, opening her palm and shooting out mana from it, sending him more than a couple feet away despite being such a sudden attack. She thinks to herself seeing the fight going on for quite a while. “(I do wonder if those two got a good enough heart-to-heart without this thoughtless man now that I leave them just by their lonesome.)”
*Shine*

She gathers mana in the air into her hand, stretching it out and aiming at Marko, who even in this frenzied state can see how dangerous the incoming attack will be. It was like a whirlwind, or a whirlpool, that absorbed everything into the abyss. The question is, can he avoid it.

“[Buster Spark]” She quietly chanted, and light flashes in her palm as she aimed it at Marko.

*BLAST*

Before he could even react to the attack being fired, his body was engulfed by it as he felt like his body was being disintegrated. The beam goes on for almost half a minute as it dissipates, and Belphi could see the brittled remains of the armor and Marko’s lower body putting itself together, regenerating itself.

She walked over to the trashed metal suit and continued to taunt him. “Don’t you see? Regardless of your past life, the miracle of a second chance, this is still reality, everything has consequences, and you can never rely on miracles to save you over and over again. If you don’t snap back to reality, then you’ll be nothing in the end.”

Marko, still unable to stand, glared at her with eyes full of hatred and anger, still defiant yet in a miserable state, and seeing that he is still conscious, she continued, remembering why she’s talking him down in the first place.

“So make the right choice, answer me. Surrender or die. You can’t defeat me, you can’t rely on me, you are all alone on an empty field with me, there is no hope for you to win. Accept that you lost in this moment, that you aren’t special, that in the end… There will be no deus ex machina.” She said coldly, lacking the mocking and casual tones she previously put on, summoning a sword into her hand, a rather common yet well-made greatsword, pointing at Marko’s neck. “Know this, if you die, your story ends, and that’s it. Now speak up.”

He was crushed, he was beaten, he was burnt. The entire battle can barely be called out at all, it’s more like a torture, a prolonged execution nearing its end. Here he lies, his body broken, the legendary armor slowing down as it stops to heal its wounds, is there any hope for him at this point? For him, it doesn’t matter about the odds. He keeps saying it, and keeps going, that was his game plan since the beginning, and it will never change.

“HAAAAAH!!!” He screamed at the top of his lunge. His body recovered enough to allow him to move again.

*PUNCH*
One singular punch that ended up sending Belphi away, and landed her rather far away with no visible damage. He then ran in to attack her again, this time manifesting weapons in each hand made of the same metal that is now covering most of his body, changing it, while he remained oblivious to how intrusive it may be, he only cared about the powers it gave him in the moment.

**Parry**

Each heavy strike was parried, none of them managed to hit Belphi at all as she kept the defensive, if looking a bit irritated.

*Slash*

He got slashed in the chest for his effort, being pushed back as she opened her mouth again. “So? What’s your choice, surrender or die? Say. It.”

“...Like hell I’m gonna surrender… Not now, not ever!” He shouted at her, once more rushing in trying to attack her, being filled with murderous intent as his emotions got mixed with the suit’s tampering with his brain, heightening his emotional response all the more and becoming impossible to reason with. Cursing and shouting at her with little comprehensibility. “I’m the hero here! Not some random chumps like you think I am! I’m destined for greatness, not to be killed by a smug money-hungry merc like you! I’m the main character! I’m the protagonist! You’re just some out-of-nowhere villain!”

When seeing that attack her up close didn’t work, he took a large leap back and began charging multiple spells in each hand, gathering up greater power than even when the mechanical armor first began assimilating and healing him.

Massive balls of flames were flung, clouds of lightning manifesting over the confident mercenary, multiple spears of stones were launched. He uses all the mana he and the suit has, endlessly assaulting Belphi as she stood still and continued to observe the situation as the pile of spears covering her and the smokes from the flames and lightning completely obscure her. Anyone should’ve died from having so much thrown at them, but he wasn’t being conservative with what he has.

He raise all six of his arms as he gather mana and formed a massive ball of flames, able to engulf a large house whole, he puts more power into it, screaming and grunting, ignoring the change in his voice, let alone his body, as the suit was toying with them as part of its protocol.

*HURL*

“DIE!!!” He hurled the miniature sun where Belphi is at, shouting loudly and completely losing it.

*BOOM*

As soon as it touched the ground, a massive explosion engulfed the area, violently blowing anything nearby into the air and out of sight, while the earth was scorched. The sky seemingly turned red for a moment as the field seemed to turn into a land of flames, a place of purgatory and suffering.

As the dust began to settle, he walked over to see the result of his work, while his vision felt blurry, hardly able to recall his mind as it felt like something was squiggling in his brain, feeling overall nauseous, tired, and in constant pain. 

When the smoke finally cleared, it was due to a strong gust of wind pushing them away from inside, showing the mercenary unscathed, walking towards him with the greatsword in hand, pointing it at him with utmost gravitas. “So you have chosen death. Very well.”

*Dim* *Clank*

Before he could react, chains of darkness manifested and tied him to where he stood, and even though he is using all the strength he has, he couldn’t break free of the chains at all, he was completely stuck.

She slowly walks over to him, each step feels methodical and there's a feeling of dread seeping into him, in the corner of his mind while his frenzied state and killing intent are still at the forefront.

Before she began the execution, she began speaking, all the while pointing the sword at him. “Know your place. Not that such advice will do you any good in the afterlife, not that you’ll go there anyway, or anywhere.”

Blue aura surrounded her and her sword as she slowly walked over and-

“Die.” She said coldly.

*SLASH*

First slash, an upward slash that nearly bisected him and the armor in half, only glued together by the liquid metal trying its darndest to hold itself together

*SLASH*
Second slash, diagonal slash from her right, adding another fatal wound that the armor can barely keep up, acting as Marko’s life support even as it also tried to assimilate him.

*SLASH*

Third slash, horizontal slash from her left, aiming for his chest.

*SLASH*

Fourth slash, another upward slash, with Belphi now holding her sword over her left shoulder, ready for the final strike.

*SLASH*

A downward slash that has so much force it causes a massive shockwave that goes past its intended target, causing a massive line in the ground.

Five consecutive slashes in rapid succession, putting the armor’s safety measures in overdrive as it stopped any movement or thoughts Marko is making and allocate on keeping it and its wielder alive.

She then leapt back and threw her sword high into the air, it spinning up high as she jumped up and grabbed it, falling down into Marko and-

*SLASH*
Diagonal cut from her left, cutting down his right limbs and right half of the armor right off as a system error occurred causing its bond to Marko to loosen.

She leapt back again, only this time dashing towards him, holding her sword to her left, low at her waist.

*SLASH*

This time cutting off his left side, doing an upward slash, now leaving him as just a torso with only bits of armor clinging onto him as only a patch on his face is even flesh anymore, and his body losing all of its muscles and sticking to the armor as it is still in process of converting him, or rather was. The process was put on a halt as Belphi forcibly ripped off the remaining parts of the suit sticking to him, leaving him as just a metal torso and head. The entirety of the suit was forcibly ripped off from his body, or rather what’s left of it.

He was left as an amputated husk, the beeping out the left eye assimilated by the machine signaling the lingering control, now held up by the woman who reduce him to this state, grabbed him by his head as she stared at him, able to hear faint voices coming out of his mouth.

“W…h.e.r.e… have I… seen her…? Wh..e.re.ha.ve.I.seen.h.e.r? W h e r e h.a.v.e I s33n herr..?” A repeated mumble of a broken record, losing his mind and becoming nothing but a broken machine.

She silently dropped him down without care. The sun reaches the world’s edge as the world starts to get darker.

He can only stare helplessly, memories repeating itself in his final moment, thoughtless and reminisce, from how it all happened to here, the road that should’ve leads him to glory was what doomed him, what was at the end is naught a land of paradise, but instead leads him to a void that he will fall down, and never reach the bottom.

Suddenly a strange object appeared in Belphi’s hand, holding it above the young man at death’s door. He can tell it’s a sword, but the blinding light coming from its hilt, coloring the world red like an ominous sunset obscure any other detail as its blade was pointing directly at him, with its wielder’s merciless eyes staring at him, unfeeling, composed, all without hesitation as the she held it up, ready to strike and execute her prey, memories still flashing in his minds…

“(...I remember now…)” For a moment, just before the end, his mind cleared up as he remembered something, with the mercenary as the last thing he’ll ever see, with the blade descending down on him… “(She’s the protagonist of that game isn’t she…? I guess… It’s my bad… Getting in a way… of someone… like that…)”


*STAB*

—--------     END     --------—

 

0