Improvements pt. 5
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Hey. What kind of mech was that?- Asked Marcel.

 

-That mech was called BULL. You probably won’t see many of them since they were only used against tanks and heavy vehicles to flip them and make them unable to move anymore. That’s funny that their purpose is the same as their weakness. If someone would like a different set of weapons for the next test please inform the scientists who will test you. It would be all for today so you have some free time.

 

All the students waited for the elevator to go to their rooms. Except for Martin who quietly left the group and went alone to his room. They mainly talked about the test where only Ivan was excited like always.

 

-This simulation is amazing! We need to have more training in there!- Said Ivan.

 

-Not enough after getting yourself killed?- Asked Marcel.

 

-Of course not enough! Even if I didn’t get eliminated! One small scenario is not enough! I would like at least five of those or one much bigger!- Said Ivan as he got more excited with every word he said.

 

-First clear the small one without getting eliminated…- Said Levan.

 

-That’s why I said five small scenarios. 

 

-Which squad performed the best? What do you think guys?- Asked Marcel. 

 

-I would say it’s you GROM.- Said Emilie.

 

-I would agree if not for Martin’s elimination…- Pointed out Julia.

 

-The only squad that didn’t lose a single one. ZERO. Although the first damage done was hilarious- Said Misha.

 

-She didn’t tell us about friendly fire too late!- Said annoyed Emilie.

 

-But it is a simulation… it should be a bit obvious.- Said Levan.

 

-And you against me!- Said Emilie as she made a sad face. 

 

-I’m curious about one thing. No one exactly saw that but what was that bright light in the bus? Osir, you can only change the temperature, right? So what was that?- Said Misha.

 

-I raised the temperature of the bullet and the barrel of the pistol. That made a bigger flash than usual.- Explained Osir.

 

-And that makes a higher chance of penetrating the armor! Brilliant.- Said Misha as he got a bit excited about Osir’s usage of power. 

 

After dinner, everyone went to their room. Marcel already knew that Julia was now sharing a room with Osir but he didn’t have a good opinion about it and just watched her go into the same room as Osir.

 

Osir immediately lay on the bed and turned his phone on to watch the serial. Yet again, another person was surprised by that. Her point of view of Osir changed once again. 

 

-You… really watch that stuff…

 

-Emilie told me that there is lots of different emotion in many different scenarios. Tobias told me to act properly for my squad’s efficiency. 

 

-Act properly? What do you mean?

 

-Emilie told me that I never smile. So I tried. But then she told me that I smiled at the wrong time. So she suggested I should watch this serial to understand how I should react.

 

-You don’t understand emotions? 

 

-No. I don’t understand them. 

 

-Are you mentally ill or parent’s didn’t raise you properly?

 

-Professor Olsen said something about me being mentally ill. So he assigned a psychologist for me. That’s the reason I was leaving the classes from time to time. As for parents. Don’t know them. Or rather I don’t remember them.

 

-Then what do you remember?

 

-The last thing I remember is waking up in the forest and getting a ride from an old man Pavel.

 

-Is he some part of your family?

 

-No. Don’t think so.

 

-He offered me a bath and food. The Town was attacked by mechs and once the center school arrived they took me with them. 

 

-Sounds rough… Maybe you have parents. You just forgot them because of some accident that damaged your brain. You at least might have a chance of your parents being alive.

 

-You don’t have them?

 

-Hm… Straight to question. Now I see that missing emotions.- She said with a slight smile for a moment.- My parents died in a war. My father was an average worker in furniture production. My mother was an esper with a past in the military. Once I became a part of their life my mom left… That is until the war came closer. My mom got an offer to work in a famous organization in my country… GROM. She was doing fine. Even great. She was away from home but each time we turned on the TV she was there in action, praised by the media. The day came when forces from the East came. She, unfortunately, fought against an S-rank esper. My father was killed by mechs when they suddenly raided our part of the country. Fifty people died in total and my dad was one of them.

 

-I’m sorry to hear that…- Said Osir with a rather empathic face. 

 

-Was that your acting?

 

-Yes.

 

-Hmp…- She loughed.- Your acting is getting better.

 

-Thanks…

0