Improvements pt. 6
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though Osir didn’t fully understand emotions he knew that the atmosphere for talk wasn’t great. He didn’t learn what to do in that situation. He simply went back to his bed and went to sleep.

 

-Let’s get some sleep. We need plenty of rest for tomorrow…- Said Osir as he looked at his shivering hand.

 

-Right… Good night…

 

Even though Osir was the first one to go to bed, Julia was the first one to fall asleep. Once she did she was moving from one side of the bed to another. Nothing bothered Osir from going to sleep but this time was different. It wasn’t because the sound of moving sheets was annoying but because she was uncovering her legs she was shivering. 

 

The next morning Osir was the first one to wake up and go to the bathroom. Once he left the bathroom Julia woke up and was rather confused. 

 

-Did I really sleep without waking up in the night? Is this my first good sleep in years? Was my past really bothering me so much that I couldn’t sleep? Was that all I needed to do? Explain my situation to someone?- She thought as she tried to figure out the truth. 

 

The truth was that because she was uncovering herself in the sleep she was waking up because of the cold. That night Osir controlled the temperature around her bed so even when she was uncovered she had the same temperature. Osir fell asleep while he was doing that and for the whole night, he was doing that unconsciously, not even knowing. 

 

The time came for tests with the researchers. They did the same tests to see how their physical abilities held and if something changed in their brain waves. The researchers noticed something a bit unusual in Osir.

 

-Do you see that?- Said the researcher.

 

-Yes. I do… His brain activity didn’t rise a bit but the weakest waves grew in strength. If that keeps up his brain waves might become a straight line. No point of weakness in using his ability constantly. That is quite unusual.- Explained the lead researcher. 

 

-So when he finds himself in a duel with someone who has similar abilities and similar control of his power he will win. In that situation, one esper would try to time the usage of his power when the enemy is weaker. In terms of power usage. He will always win.

 

After the tests, the researchers gave Osir the same task as last time but shortened the time to ten minutes. Now he only had to change the temperature between zero and ten degrees Celsius. The researchers agreed that it was too big of a task for him. In reality, they wanted to check if Osir is a real deal like Tobias. Just like they were gossiping. Tobias was strong from the beginning but Osir is the one who grows faster than him.

 

This time Osir was able to train without a problem and once he left the room he could walk without a problem. This time someone else had a problem. Osir saw Julia walking toward the elevator while leaning against the wall. Without a single word, he took her arm around his shoulder and helped her walk to the room.

 

-Thanks…

 

-Did they also give you hard training?

 

-No… I skipped the gym today to have more strength for this training and I gave it my all… I’m good when it comes to control but a raw strength is a different story…

 

-Looks like we are similar in that aspect.

 

-Really?- She said with some joy in her voice.

 

-I’m also having a problem with strength alone. In school, I trained in changing the temperature of one object. But here I have to change the temperature of the whole room.

 

-That’s a big difference. My training remains the same. There are not many different usages of my power. Just lift things and move them.

 

-It may sound simple but it is a powerful ability to have. 

 

-You think so?

 

Osir didn’t respond to that but it still left a smile on her face. He put her on the bed. Before he left she grabbed his hand.

 

-Can you do something for me?

 

-What is it?

 

-Can you get me a cold drink? 

 

-Sure.

 

-Thanks… I’ll try to repay you later. 

 

Osir left the room and went toward the cafeteria. There were a few vending machines with drinks. On his way, he forgot to ask her what flavor she wanted. 

 

-I thought that you were going the same way but you’re following me. Am I right? Marcel?- Said Osir looking toward the doors of the cafeteria. 

 

-So the rumors were true. You’re the best scout in our class… Yes… I was following you…- Said Marcel behind Osir.

 

-Why?- Asked Osir as he turned around to face Marcel.

 

-Can we… talk?- Asked Marcel with a rather embarrassed face.

0