Improvements pt. 8
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One of the soldiers was standing by the entrance to the facility. The whole area was blocked by thin stone walls. The entrance was only blocked by a road barrier. Three other soldiers stood in an empty space ten meters from each other. 

 

Suddenly one wall collapsed and Ivan ran through it. All the soldiers reacted and turned toward him. At the same time, Julia ran to the soldier by the entrance and stabbed him with two flying knives in the back. Ivan eliminated the soldier close to the wall with two simple punches. One to the stomach and the other to his throat. 

 

There were two soldiers left and both of them had their aim on Ivan. Two bangs were heard and both soldiers fell to the ground. Confused Ivan looked around to see who shot them and from where. 

 

-This kid is brilliant… With heat alone, he weakened the walls and just shot through them…- Whispered Sara as she watched them from the control room.

 

-When I’m beside him it’s easy to miss his strategy since everything is happening so fast. But watching him from here makes me see how amazing his tactics are.- Said Emilie.

 

-Now they only have a few enemies in the building. Oh. Don’t strategize from that scenario. I promise everyone will have a bit different experience.- Sara warned students. 

 

-Looks like there are three soldiers left in the building. Each is on a different floor. We can split and take them out at the same time.- Said Osir as he watched the facility building.

 

-Sounds good to me! I’ll take the ground floor! 

 

-I’ll take the first floor.- Said Julia.

 

-That leaves the third for me.- Said Osir.

 

Ivan was the first one to enter and went toward the room Osir pointed. His heart was beating heavily with excitement. He was hoping that this soldier would go for hand-to-hand combat. He kicked the door out expecting an enemy but the room was empty. 

 

On the next floor, Osir told Julia in which room the enemy is and where he exactly stands.

 

-Good luck.- Said Julia.

 

-You too.

 

Osir slowly and silently walked toward the room where the enemy soldier was. He took out a handgun and a knife just in case. Once he kicked out the door they came flying toward him with a hot air behind them. He hit the wall and the door fell on him, covering his vision. He peeked out and saw a soldier with a different uniform. He could feel that the temperature was higher for a second. 

 

-Was that explosive? Was that soldier ready for me?- Thought Osir as he tried to move the door away. 

 

The soldier took a deep breath and once Osir peeked out his head he breathed fire at him. Osir was able to block that fire with the door. His opponent wasn’t an ordinary soldier but an esper. 

 

-Did he make a mistake? There is no one in this room… Or did I enter the wrong one?- Said Ivan as he turned around to kick down the doors to the room across. 

 

Suddenly he felt a hit to the back of his head. He turned around with a swinging fist but no one was there. Not seeing anyone and being hit in the back confused him. Then he fell to the ground with a hit to his chin. While on the ground he looked forward expecting to see some trace of the enemy but there was nothing.

 

Meanwhile, Julia jumped into the room where the enemy soldier was. He was standing by the window looking outside. With her ability, Julia threw two knives. One would hit his back and one would hit his head but both knives were stopped by an icicle. 

 

The man turned around and swung both his arms. From the wall, two more icicles were created and grew toward Julia. She ducked down and made a split. From that position, she threw two more knives but this time one went straight toward the soldier and the other flew to the man’s side. He blocked the knife that was flying straight toward him. The curved knife hit him in the shoulder. Once it did Julia aimed the handgun and fired three bullets. The soldier created an icicle to block the bullets but the third went through and hit him in the head. 

 

-What the hell! I’m getting hit by nothing! Is this some kind of error in simulation?- Said Ivan as he stood up and once he did he felt another attack. He was hit in the stomach and once he leaned forward he was hit in the back of his head. This time he didn’t fall to the ground. He rose his guard as fast as he could. He got information that he has one life left.

 

He stood there with his guard up for a minute but nothing happened. He lowered his guard and got hit in the face but this time once he felt getting hit he threw a quick jab. He felt that he hit something and after a second there was a sound of a man coughing blood from getting a late-second hit from Ivan’s ability. 

 

-Invisible enemy?- He thought as he saw drops of blood on the floor.

0