Improvements pt. 9
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ivan closed his eyes and out of nowhere he threw a right hook that hit someone. The invisible person flew at the wall and once it hit the wall the man appeared. 

 

-Ha! That was amazing!

 

Osir was left in a bad situation. Cornered by the enemy esper. Hiding behind a steel door from the fire made by the esper. He was just sitting there doing nothing while the enemy was breathing fire at him.

 

-The door isn’t melting…C rank esper?- He thought. 

 

Osir kicked down the door and jumped the enemy with a knife. He got hit with fire but was still running at the enemy. He finished the enemy with a knife to his throat. He didn’t even lose a life while doing that.

 

-How? Shouldn’t it count as a hit?- Asked Misha as he watched Osir pull out a reckless stunt.

 

-You see that steam coming off him? He lowered his body temperature and was covered in thin ice. The esper was powerful enough to only melt that ice. It wasn’t reckless. It was a very well-thought-out plan. He evaluated the enemy's rank while he was blocking his attacks with a steel door.- Explained Sara.

 

-That’s the level of best captains in our squad…- Whispered Emilie as she saw each captain in action. 

 

-Matias said that Osir has the biggest potential… but I think all three of them are showing the same good results.- Thought Sara. 

 

The next squad was made out of Emilie, Marcel, and Misha. Emilie and Marcel asked for similar gear. One automatic rifle and one handgun. Misha was the one with a weird choice. He took a handgun and a sword.

 

-Why a sword?- Asked Marcel as he thought that Misha’s choice was off point.

 

-Not a normal sword. Check this.- Misha swung the sword and it came apart into five blades connected by one metal wire.- Sword that I can move however I want.

 

-Okay. You got me impressed. Probably the best weapon design.- Said Marcel.

 

-Don’t get too used to that. You want to be treated so great in the army. If you want a special kit you have to show that with those weapons you can perform at least fifty percent better.- Said Sara, breaking dreams for Misha. 

 

Emilie’s squad finished their test after thirty minutes. They easily cleared the enemy soldiers but had a harder time with enemy esper. They fought against one esper but he was high B rank. It was an esper that controlled electricity. 

 

-I’ll tell you a little secret kids.- Sara turned around to the students with a smile and shook her hands with excitement.- This esper soldier was made from my data from three years ago!

 

The soldier had a knife and handgun. Emilie was constantly shooting the soldier but he was able to avoid her shots. Misha was trying to fight him with his sword and Marcel was making a cover for Emilie from the soldier's shots. He was at the same time, fighting Misha, and shooting Emilie. 

 

Misha was scratched once by a knife, leaving him with only one life. Emilie also got hit by the bullet. Marcel saw that they would slowly lose if they continued like that.

 

-Don’t shoot to kill him. Shot so he wants to pull back. I’m going in!- Shouted Marcel as he ran through a stone pillar he made and went to help Misha in close combat.

 

The soldier began aiming at Marcel. He had to pull back because of an upcoming attack from Misha. Once he jumped back he hit a wall that Marcel created behind him. One bullet hit him. He was going to jump over the wall but once he was in the air he wasn’t able to avoid Misha’s sword. 

 

-Good job. Misha. The idea with a sword was great but you’re not good with it. Tell the researchers in the next testing time that you want to train something with this sword. You might get the hang of it. Alright. That leaves the last squad. Nolan, Martin, and Levan. You’re next.- Said Sara through the speakers. 

 

When the previous squad showed some kind of promising future then this squad was the worst one. The squad didn’t cooperate well and it ended up with Martin making smoke cover in the forest where Nolan walked into an enemy soldier and got hit once. Martin heard someone walking and without much thinking shot his own teammate. 

 

-Just put that smoke down!- Shouted Nolan.

 

-Okay! Okay!

 

Once Martin lowered the smoke Nolan found himself surrounded by the soldiers and getting eliminated. Levan eliminated those soldiers by himself. When the time came for the fight with espers Levan was unable to eliminate them alone and Martin didn’t show much skills. They all got eliminated. There was only one esper left to finish the scenario. 

 

-I hope you learn from that failure…- Said Sara through the speakers.

0