Restless Night pt. 2
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All the students gathered in the cafeteria while the guards were moving around to get to their designed positions. Some were patrolling the hallways and informing the rest with the communicator about their status. Once all the students were together Sara took them to the lab where she gave each one of them a gun and a gas mask. 

 

-Wear that mask and don’t take them off. Judging by the analysis of that substance outside it’s a mix of two gases. Sleeping gas and tearing gas. That’s definitely a planned attack. You’ll wait here and listen to guards and researchers. I’m going to guard the facility in the meantime.- Explained Sara before she left the students.

 

-Who would attack Center School? Are they stupid or strong?- Said Nolan and suddenly they heard an explosion downstairs. 

 

-Probably the second…- Said Levan. 

 

The main entrance doors were blown away. The facility guards were aiming their guns at the entrance but they couldn’t see anything because of the smoke. The enemies began shooting and entered the building. They had special glasses that let them see through the smoke. Only one of them got killed while entering the building. The red soldiers quickly spread through the lower floor. The smoke moved with them and blocked the vision of the facility guards. 

 

-There are espers! The smoke is moving with them! We need more backup…- Said the soldier through the communicator before he got shot.

 

-I was going guard the second floor but it looks like I have to go down there… Ehh… Squad. Let’s go.

 

Sara entered the elevator with two other guards. She had two pistols on her waist and two short swords on her back. The soldiers beside her had backpacks with antennae sticking out of them. Inside there were batteries charged by the two soldiers who also were espers that could control electricity. Compared to them Sara wasn’t able to create much electricity by herself. As they went down the elevator, Sara charged herself with the electricity from the batteries. 

 

The red soldier heard an elevator coming down so all of them prepared for an attack. Before the doors could even open Sara slashed them and went past each soldier. In a second all of them fell to the ground, spraying blood all over the walls. She suddenly turned around and kicked the air. She hit an esper who was invisible. 

 

-So East School finally makes a move… Look out!- She shouted as she ran to the two soldiers. Trying to save them from the wave of fire coming their way. 

 

Unluckily both of them died and she was able to only save one backpack. She took all the energy from them and looked at the way the attack came. There were five soldiers and the one in the middle was wearing a different uniform. Tight clothes and a vest with a knife and a lighter in it. The man took out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it. 

 

-Why use a lighter if you’re pyrokinetic?- Asked Sara trying to provoke the enemy.

 

-Just a reflex…- He answered.- Be careful man. This is Sara Petrauskas. A high A-rank esper. Also known as Lightning Deamon. 

 

-I’m famous enough to be talked about in the Far East? I’m honored. I think you deserve some special autograph right here.- Said Sara as she moved the sword by her throat.

 

-I’d like to see you try… Leave her to me. Go join up with a different squad. 

 

The soldiers were hesitant at first but decided to listen to that man. He took a boxing position with his right fist in front. Then he lit his fist on fire. Sara smiled and hid her swords. They both had the same character so they didn’t have to talk to understand each other. 

 

The man began the fight with a punch that moved his fire toward Sara. She avoided the attacks and advanced forward until they were only one meter away from each other. The fight changed into an exchange of blows where each attack was avoided or blocked. 

 

Both of them at the same time had the same idea to not block the attack but to counter immediately. The soldier was hit in the shoulder and Sara was hit in the side. Both attacks were imbued with the properties of their powers. 

 

The soldier's right arm went numb and Sara got her skin burned. The soldier wanted to add a comment before continuing the fight but Sara didn't let him and kicked him in the jaw with lightning speed. His jaw was ripped off.

 

-Agh! He pissed me enough to waste my electricity! I wanted to finish him off without using much! Now bleed out to death for what you did…

 

The Sound of footsteps echoed through the corridors. Whoever that was, he was coming toward her. She took out two handguns and aimed them the way the sound was coming from. A man wearing black clothes. Sara lowered her guns until she noticed that he was wearing a red cape. Before she could do that a smoke surrounded her and blocked her vision. Even though she shot directly where he was standing the man definitely wasn’t hit. She noticed the gas was changing color. She suddenly burst out the electricity she gathered to move the gas away. 

 

-High-rank esper? Lucky me… It’s just electricity.- Whispered the man.

 

-Think you stand a chance with some stupid gas?- Said Sara, trying to provoke the man. 

 

-That’s right. All I need is a stupid gas.

0