Restless Night pt. 3
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The gas changed color to white. Sara tried doing the same thing as last time but this time the gas didn’t move away. It absorbed the electricity and began falling to the ground. Unfortunately, Sara didn’t wear a mask because the electricity was enough to push the gas away from her but this time she inhaled the gas. 

 

-Thanks for making that gas more deadly. Normally it doesn’t do anything. But after you taze it a bit the gas becomes heavy and poisonous. A fitting end for the killer of my soldiers.- Said General Ozaki as he entered the elevator. 

 

The elevator got to the floor of the research lab. Everyone looked toward it, hoping it was Sara with a piece of good news. Once the doors opened Osir ducked down under the desk and shouted “Get down!”. All the classmates followed his lead and only one researcher was able to get on the floor in time. The gas rapidly spread around. All the researchers fell to the ground. The rest were on the floor trying not to move. 

 

The man left the elevator and walked around. Checking all the researchers. He was slightly pushing them with his foot. Finally, he reached the researcher who was lying beside the students. Once General Ozaki touched him, the researcher turned around and grabbed his leg. 

 

-Ran away!- Shouted the researcher as he tried to push the general to the ground. 

 

The student did as he said. They stood up and ran toward the elevator. Ozaki just watched them run past him. Before the elevator doors closed he picked up the researcher and he blew a gas from his mask at the researcher’s face. As the doors closed they were still able to see the view of melting skin on the man’s face. 

 

-Who… Who was that?!- Said terrified Emilie. 

 

-An enemy…- Said Julia.

 

-A strong enemy…- Said Osir and for the first time, his voice was trembling. He didn’t show it on his face but he was scared of that man. He understood how powerful that man was. He was trembling just because of his presence. 

 

-Than what do we do? Run?- Asked Levan, trying to keep his head cool in this situation but the faces of his classmates didn’t help with that. 

 

Suddenly the elevator began falling down and they felt it hitting the ground. They were lucky that they were close to the ground. Otherwise, they all would be dead. 

 

-Is everyone all right?- Asked Marcel who was the first one to stand up.

 

Before anyone could answer, everyone saw a drop of some liquid. The roof of the elevator was melting down. Seeing that everyone stood up and ran away.

 

-What do we do?!- Panicked Emilie.

 

-Escape?- Suggested Misha.

 

-We can’t escape… He is toying with us.- Said Osir as he stopped and looked behind, toward the elevator.

 

Ozaki just fell down to their floor. Osir fired two bullets but both of them were stopped by the gas. The man did nothing besides that. He simply walked toward them. Osir turned around and ran toward the simulation room. 

 

-Weren’t you scared of him?!- Asked confused Nolan.

 

-I was but I accepted the situation. It’s kill or be killed. There is no running from him.- Explained his reasoning, Osir.

 

-Is that the nine new persons they informed me about? Should I put them on the same list as researchers or guards? I’ll take them with the researchers but I won’t hesitate to kill them.- Thought General Ozaki.- Is that… Smoke? Interesting. Esper that controls smoke. He might end up being able to control gasses too… I need to kill him just in case…

 

General went straight along the smoke trail. He entered a room with simple small buildings, walls, and ramps.

 

-Training ground? Looks like the only entrance is behind me… I have them trapped in here.

 

A green gas spread around the room. He closed the doors and destroyed the panel that could open them. Ozaki waited for some kind of response and as he expected they did. Someone tried to shoot him but the bullet was stopped by the gas. 

 

-That didn’t sound like a handgun… It might become a bit troublesome if they have something of a bigger caliber. There you are!

 

He saw someone running between the walls and threw a green gas at the wall. It melted down and revealed Nolan who was hiding behind it. A knife flew from behind but the man caught it.

 

-Thought you could get me with that?- He turned around at the exact location where Julia was hiding. 

 

Nolan already hid somewhere else and Julia dropped her gun while running. Ozaki took the gun and shot once. He was impressed by how well it fit his hand. Suddenly a wall collapsed with all the rumble falling at him. He melted all of it with acid gas but right behind it was Ivan who tried to jump him. Ozaki didn’t expect that but he was able to land a counter blow, with toxic gas on his hand, to Ivan's face.  

 

-Ivan!- Shouted Misha as he jumped over the wall and ran at the enemy. 

 

Ozaki melted Misha’s sword before it could hit him and once he got close he grabbed Misha’s face and blew a toxic gas at him. Once he let him go he fell to the ground.

0