Restless Night pt. 4
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-You really thought that you could defeat me?! Kids! I think you don’t know who I am! I’m General Haruma Ozaki of East School! Ouroboros rank esper! If you haven’t heard that rank let me teach you! It means that there is no way to measure my power!- Shouted Ozaki as he walked around and aimed his gun waiting for some kid to show himself.

 

Most of the students after hearing this information hid themselves and walked as far away from him as they could. Osir ran out of the corner into a small building but before he could reach it he got shot in the leg. He fell into the building.

 

-That information scared you? It should! Two of your friends are already dead! I’m going to finish the third! If you want to live throw your weapon away and lay down in the middle of the room with your face to the ground!

 

Once the general reached the building he saw Osir on his knees in the corner. He was aiming the gun at the general but he lowered it and threw it to the side.

 

-Oh… You think I’ll spare you? No way!- Shouted Ozaki as he shot Osir in the heart.- That should kill him. Stupid kids… 

 

Julia stood in the door frame with her gun pointed at the man. She looked at Osir hoping for some kind of movement. Then she screamed and used a whole magazine. All the bullets were melted before they could reach the target. 

 

-You stupid kids… You never learn, do you?!- Ozaki threw a toxic gas and Julia…

 

-You’re the stupid one!- Shouted Osir as he took out another handgun from his pocket. 

 

-That won’t work on me…- Said General but he felt a sudden surge of pain in his thigh. He grabbed the place and felt blood. He was bleeding.

 

-You… SHOT ME?! You’re the one who controls gas! Die!- Ozai shouted as he shot Osir in the head but once he did a red square appeared in front of Osir’s face. 

 

-I’m not doing anything…

 

Osir stood up and on his way, he shot Ozaki’s second leg. The man fell to the ground. He was shouting “How” as he was on his knees. In desperation, he blew a toxic gas at Osir. He thought that it was enough to kill him but another shot came and hit him in the stomach. The man fell to the ground screaming in pain.

 

-How! HOW! HOW! AGH…

 

-All of this is a simulation… The gun you used on me was made for the simulation. That’s why it didn’t kill me. The one I used is a real one. This time I was the one toying with you.- Said Osir as he shot the last bullet into the man’s head. 

 

-Are you hurt?!- Said Julia as he grabbed Osir by his shoulder.

 

-I’m alright…- Julia laid her head against him.- What is it?- Asked confused Osir.

 

-I thought that this gas killed you…

 

-It didn’t. Once he entered the room all his powers were simulated. That’s how this room works. None of our abilities work here.

 

-That means…- Julia covered her face and turned around to see both Ivan and Misha still being alive.

 

-The gas that he used on them also had sleeping properties. The one he used on me was only to kill me. That’s why I was standing there.

 

-We did it! We did it!- Announced happily Emilie through the speakers.

 

-Good job Martin!- Shouted Julia as she showed a thumbs up toward the control room.

 

Martin was the one sitting by the control panel. His whole face was sweating judging by the wet bandana. 

 

-Amazing… You learned how to use that panel after two days.- Said Emilie.

 

-Before the military I was… Uhm… Can you not tell this to anyone?- Asked Martin.

 

-Sure!- She said but afterward, she told the truth to everyone but no one believed it because of the stories she often tells.

 

-I was a hacker. So I know how most of the new tech works…

 

-Wow! Is that why you hide your face?

 

-Anyway. I was sweating once he tried to close the door. I had to write a new simulation for that! All of that in a few seconds! It was too stressful! It’s finally over! Now I just want to take a shower and sleep for a whole day…

 

-Don’t we have to fight the rest of the soldiers?

 

-Shit!- Said Martin as he checked the footage from the facility's cameras.- It looks like… We don’t have to… But why are all the lights flickering?

 

Once they left the simulation room all the students saw Sara coming their way. She was almost completely covered in blood.

 

-Miss Sara! Are you alright?- Asked Emilie as he ran to her.

 

-I’m alright. Only burned skin a bit. The blood isn’t mine. After that green idiot poisoned me I woke up with a blood lust. So I took most of the electricity from the facility and killed all the soldiers. I have some fuel left to finish him too…

 

-Well… You don’t have to.- Said Emilie as she healed her burned skin.

 

-What?!

 

-Yeah… We killed him…- Whispered Emilie.

 

-Who finished him?

 

-I did.- Said Osir as he revealed himself with a bit of blood on his face and shirt.

 

-Ha… I should’ve known it was you.- Said Sara.- Of course, it was him. No one else from those kids would be able to pull the trigger to take someone’s life. Some might have panicked but not him.- Thought Sara.

 

Osir explained all that happened while Sara was healed by Emilie. 

 

-I wonder what their plan was… Probably they planned to take the researchers. All of them are alive but unconscious… Well… Except for one. His face was… Well… I’ll leave all the details…

 

Because of the incident, the students trained in the facility for only two more days before their transport came back. This time there were three helicopters. One was to transport them and the two other were attack helicopters to escort the students. 

 

Once they came back squad ZERO, ZONE, and GROM had training with second years to recompose for the lost days of training. Meanwhile, the other group continued their training for two more weeks. All the students that took part in the incident were taken to questioning. 

 

One night Osir got a new message from Director Makinen.

 

Congratulations on surviving the attack of Ouroboros rank esper and even being able to eliminate him. For that, I wanted to reward you with a new piece of information about you. I hope that this information is to your liking.

 

Matias Makinen

 

Osir checked his school ID on the phone and there was new information revealed to him. It was only part of it but Osir felt some kind of stress and joy at the same time from seeing that information.

 

Place Of Birth: Czech Republic, ******

0