Aegis and Clod
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I choose the path of Xolotl, if I can fight with a support type aiding me in offensive defense then I will thrive" said Kevin.

 

Ding

Contracted monster pet Onyx has acquired the Dash skill.(B rank)

Ding

 

I should go check on the little guy after this. I wonder how much he changed. The contracted monster pets under went their Awakening stages together with their masters. This was very advantageous since most monsters in the wild took very long to advance between the different stages. They need special plants and treasures to nurture their souls or bodies to the advancement but with a human contractor their souls were nourished continuously by the bond between them.

 

 

This was also why most people were not advised to have more than one monster pet especially below the 2nd Awakening stage…..having many monster pets would strain ones soul and could even lead to death.

 

 

Classes like monster tamer reduced the chances of getting drained by many pet contracts since they could freely control the energy they sent through the contract links. It was the boon or special ability of the class.

 

Kevin sneaked out of the main hall after telling his mother about the whole little Black situation. His father was not around so he decided to go on with his whims. As he walked down the hallway his face was red with embarrassment because from the sounds coming from the different rooms were enough to paint a picture of the duo workouts that were taking place in these dark rooms.

 

As a 46 year old man she shouldn’t have felt embarrassed by the action but his childish moral campass seemed to be in charge and was screaming pervert with a seriously angry face. He just ran away before his grown up mind tried to take a sneak peek.

 

 

….

 

“Woof woof" a medium sized black dog with golden eyes and a whitish mane ran up to Kevin and hit him on the ground. It looked like a small lion and was very stylish. I looked very majestic with its very muscular legs and the thick fur that looked cute but the word cute was immediately dismissed and replaced with intimidating when one saw the long fangs and the golden eyes that seemed to be a source of fear.

 

“ ooh…..you have grown so big…here boy, Let’s check your status.”

 

 

Ding

 

Onyx Raider (little Black)

 

-Celestial mane dire wolf (young adult)-

Level 11

 

Master ; Kevin Raider
Path ; Xolotl

 

Stats

Str: 56.                      Luck: 25.                Agi: 70
Int: 23.                       Dex: 67.                Perc: 60
Vit : 63.                    Wis: 10.              Charm: 64

 

Skills
Chomp (lvl 10), Kite (lvl 10)
Sprint (level 10), Fire arrow, Dash

 

 

Path traits;

 

Mask - reduces the presence of user during combat. 50% percent chance of landing blindside blows.

 

 

Lightening's path - can move at double the speed when attacking and thrice the speed when retreating.

 

 

Hell's fangs - bite and craw attacks can deal 20% more damage and afflict fever bug to target for 5 minutes. Fever status reduces senses by 25%. This skill can stack.

 

 

 

 

 

“God damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn look at those stats , wait those path traits are insane….boy you are a beast. No you are a damn luck beast look at these stats …..you beat me in almost all of them.” Said Kevin with goosebumps all over him and either shame or excitement or both all over his face.

 

Woof woof….barked little Black as he stood up on all fours with his head raised high. This was definitely a dramatic pose that scream bask in my greatness you weak little man; I am a genius so you better pet me more.

 

“Look at your luck stat its higher than mine…….your definitely a lucky charm"

 

Wooof woof” barked little Black in an excited tone as if to agree with Kevin.

 

“Hahahaha…. You are my biggest treasure my king” laughed Kevin as he hugged and rubbed his now big monster pet. He was very happy with his decision to become a monster tamer. If he used the buff skills he got from the job , then he would be way more powerful than he organized hoped to be.

 

….

 

The next evening, most of the guests had left and Jett’s Awakening was about to take place at the mansion. The children of the orphanage were invited for this party and everyone who worked in the mansion was in a happy mood since they all knew Jett as the young bulter of Kevin, the household’s genius young master.

 

 

“Um am…..greetings everyone today, one of your own is Awakening for the first time.” Said Tyra. She was the second lady of the house and was leading the ceremony today. Kevin’s father, Steven had been tired from handling the Awakening ceremony of Kevin so he let her lead this time round.

 

 

“ I also have a very special opportunity for young Jett. If Jett awakens a strong combat class, we are prepared to send him along with Kevin to the knight’s academy as a soldier trainee. As some of you know, the entrants of the Golden Wing Knight’s academy are allowed to bring 5 young fighters during their 5 years of study as a part of the squad they will lead with after graduation. If one doesn’t scout out talents to follow him as a knight he is assigned random at the end of graduating. These random are all strong fighter from humble backgrounds that are recruited by the academy. These random people although being strong, have a disadvantage of them not being 100% loyal to the knight assigned to them. That is why young knights and their families usual scout and choose some young soldiers beforehand.”

 

 

Murmuring from the crowd

 

 

“all in all…..A knight squad is comprised of at least 10 members; meaning for the next 5 years we can choose 5 members to accompany Kevin to the academy and he will have to scout 5 or more other random at the academy. Our first pick will be you , Jett as long as you awaken a good combat or support class.” Said the lady as she moved over to Jett and motioned for the Awakening stone.

 

 

“Thank you my lady. I will not disappoint you.” Said Jett as he bowed and moved towards the stone..

 

 

As he put his hand on the orb he jerked back and the butlers that had been training him all sent out a silent prayer. Zola, Otis and the other kids from the orphanage all seemed to be under tension and had crossed their fingers..

 

Kevin and Steven sat with seeming no fear or excitement. Its like they already knew what was to happen. Gus and Ben who stood behind the two with Onyx (little Black) and Artemis (Arty) also seemed relaxed as they stroked the two furry monster pets.

 

….

 

Jackie who was standing to the side came over with the job class orb as Jett had removed his arm from the Awakening stone and she said “Good luck” with a smile.

 

Jett hesitantly put his arm on the orb and started wondering if he should run away with the orb and first check his classes alone in the basement or somewhere else but that didn’t happen and images of light started to appear. He quickly shut his eyes and prayed for favor from God.

 

Job classes acquired

• Aegis warrior
• Clod blacksmith
• Spearman
• Beginner Butler
• Monster tamer

2