Dragons, wyverns and drakes part 2
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Did you see, the dragons class is bigger this year over 40 students.” said a third year student as he talked to his indifferent friend.

 

“ it doesn’t matter really, soon most of them will burn out anyway.” Replied the friend.

 

The two passed Kevin like they didn’t see him. I am really getting tired of this academy, everyone ignores me and that Jett bastard is famous as hell. Ever since I got here I have just been a mess. Its like I lost all my maturity. I am always angry. I need to get it together. Thought Kevin as he reached the registration offices.

 

The hall reminded Kevin of the banks back on earth with the teller stations. This office was actually part of the administration where students picked up quest and new information like class schedules and more.
Kevin walked towards the crowd of students and started pushing and pulling. He didn’t care for anyone. He stepped people’s toes, pulled their hair and even pinched one tall guy. Kevin was turning into a complete monster. When he finally reached the front he started looking through the lists.

 

 

 

He checked the wyverns list first since that was his aim and he figured since Jett was so close with the nobles; they would fit him in the class somehow. He started from the bottom of the list since the kids were listed according to rank meaning that number one on the list was the person with either the strongest potential or power in the class and so on…but surprisingly both his and Jett’s name were no were to be seen.
He immediately looked through the commoners list disappointed but was shocked again when Jett was listed as number 2 in the drakes class was just giving him a hard time breathing.
He knew the man was talented but he just couldn’t believe that he had been ranked below Jett. For the first time in awhile he felt and acted like his body’s age, he teared up in jealousy. He was happy for Jett but felt like he had been massively overlooked and misjudged.

 

 

 

 

He continued and finished the list but didn’t see his name anywhere so he repeated the list. Not being on the list meant he was expelled. Memories of him shouting at sir Percival flashed in his mind and the world flashed by him.

 

 

As he tried to grab on to every string of hope, he checked the list of dragon from the top but he was in the mid thirties and had not seen his name anywhere. He knew he was running out of names and he knew it. His shirt was already dripping with cold sweat and boom he saw the name Kevin Raider. From that moment he felt like he had taken his first breath in days. This breath was the best breathe he had ever taken.
“thank you. God ……I almost died for a moment there" said Kevin

 

Seating on number 43 in last place of the knight class was Kevin Raider, the only commoner in this class. Kevin immediately went up the list and read the title. It was definitely the dragon class and its class teacher was none other than sir Percival. That’s why he said that? Guess he isn’t that weird.

 

Kevin then pushed and moved through the crowd, stepping, pinching and all the other works as he exited the crowd he took a deep breath and moved on to the registration clerk. He was rudely overtaken by a tall girl who acted like he was not there. He really didn’t like the way these people treated him. He felt enraged but controlled himself by taking deep breathing. He lined up behind the girl but she turned looked at him and said “how dare you sniff me, you pervert?”

 

 

“What…..who you calling a pervert you lamp post.” Said Kevin with a red face since everyone was looking at him like he was a sex offender.

 

“you think I didn’t hear you sniff me?....get away you smelly troll!” said the girl with an enraged face.

 

“smelly???so you were the one who sniffed me?....the truth is out…your the pervert” said Kevin bring out his childish side.

 

“wha…ah…AAAHHHH…” the girl basically couldn’t comprehend exactly what had just happened she tried to speak but all that could come out was a roar of rage. She felt like killing this ant beneath her feet. She picked a white card with the picture of a wyvern and rushed off before she could explode and do something un-lady like.

 

 

As she stormed off, Kevin felt exhausted this academy was a mad house for him. Nothing seemed to go his was. He constantly got into stupid arguments with kids he didn’t know. The failed to get food in the cafeteria all the time. His mattress had been stolen by someone and he now had to sleep on a mattress made of hay since the hall custodian couldn’t give him a second mattress. Something was fishy about all this but he could even investigate anything with the zero clearance of an unregistered first year. He was only allowed in the hall of residence and the cafeteria during meal time plus the noble children didn’t want to speak to him at all.

 

 

It was like he was a plague.

 

….

 

 

“Sir, you next. What is your name and what stream are you?” said the clerk , breaking the flow of Kevin’s mental breakdown.

 

 

“Ah….sorry….I am Kevin Raider in the dragons class.” Replied Kevin a little disorganized as he tried to recover.

 

 

“ah….your Dragon Raider. Nice to meet you young sir. I will prepare your inscription card ready for you.” Said the clerk as he rush away. He seemed excited about Kevin being a member of the dragon class.

 

“this is your inscription card so you can now access the academy facilities and of course as a dragon the card will enable you to get more resources than the wyverns and drakes.” Said the clerk as he handed Kevin a card that was no smaller than a key card back on earth. When Kevin looked at the key card with his heavenly eyes ability, he was shocked. The lines of glowing mana made the card look like circuits in cyberpunk.

 

“How can there be so much detail? Its like a bunch of overlapping highways" Kevin blurted as he turned and admired the inscription card.

 

“Hahaha…sir dragon definitely has high talents and will shine very bright in the future. Most knights can’t even see the inscription patterns until they are in their second Awakening or even third for the less mana blessed.” Said the clerk as he clapped his hands in an excited but silent way.

 

 

“ oh ….you praise me too much my friend. Can you tell me about these inscriptions you speak of?” said Kevin as he was definitely fascinated by the inscription patterns and dynamics. He wanted to know more.

 

 

“Yes, you might not know this as you’re a new student but some of us who work in the different halls are actually students as well and I happen to be from the artisan classes. I am a refiner and I study inscriptions here in our great academy. Allow me introduce myself , I am Daniel Don Clark, a second son of the baron Allen Don Clark of the Ling dukedom. I am in my third year of study here.” Said the clerk.

 

 

“Nice to meet you sir. Clark” said Kevin. He liked this guy. He was the first noble to actually treat him with respect and he seemed willing to share his knowledge of the inscriptions.

 

“Well, I can say the same thing, young knight. I can tell you more about the inscriptions cards and the inscriptions themselves later tonight as we share a drink as brothers. What do you say?” said Allen.

 

 

“I will definitely find the time for you brother Allen. I will take my leave then “said Kevin as he walked away inspecting his inscriptions card. The lines were just beautiful and he wanted to understand how the different mana did reject itself.

 

He injected his mana into the card to better see how it would be treated but was immediately shocked when he heard the familiar sound of the system.

 

Ding

2