Chapter 6: Fill me up with doubt
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Fill me up with doubt

"So, I hear it all started because of a Lich Lord," Gaius says, from his seat next to me.

"No," I say firmly, not wanting to get mixed in with this shit. I won't die, Nico is safe here, so far, away from the city. So is Elisa. Not my problem.

"You are a hero, are you not?" Gaius has his lips in a stubborn line. That makes his face all the more appealing. How long has it been, since the last time, that someone argued with me? Being agreed with all the time takes its toll from a vampire.

"That doesn't mean much. Are you hungry?"

"Don't change the subject," with that, he takes a hold of my hand, and then brings it to his lips. I shudder when he kisses my knuckles. Much like how he did so, before.

"What is there to change? You want me to go out, and risk my life against a Lich Lord? Just what sort of abilities do you think I have?"

He pulls me closer to himself, and then brushes his lips over mine.

"I know you have the ability steal. The only thing you need to do, is get access to a battle mage of adequate skill," which is easier said than done. As if a battle mage will come out of their tower, with the terror from the ice, reaping souls left and right. "Farm work doesn't suit you, hero."

"What if I were a farmer in my past life. Would you still claim so?"

"Without a doubt. You are still a hero, despite being a vampire. Belladonna can look after your humans, while we are away. You don't need to bring them into danger. And, if you were to reconsider your position," his tongue darts out, and licks across my lips.

"You are hungry," he says one thing, but he is trying to make me into a snack. I just know it. "And so am I."

"Do you have someplace where we could feed?"

I don't begrudge him the question. I would hardly feed with Elisa and Nico in the same house. Some things are done in private.

"The barn?"

My suggestion makes him crack a smile.

"Like two country bumpkins? Well, that has its appeal," he stands up, then, and tugs me to my feet. "Let us make a little bet?"

"I can outlast you, incubus," I give him a playful smirk, and he shakes his head.

"Oh, are you sure?"

"More than you are sure in your ability to make me scream," vampires have more stamina than even incubi. Or, so do the dark lord's memories tell me. For someone who wanted the world to get a reset, he slept with quite a few modern myths.

"You will be eating those words."

"It is you I will be eating," corny, yes, but an honest reply.

We make it to the barn, and go in. As soon as we are inside, Gaius slams me into the door, and attacks my lips. His scent is thick in the air. If I could, I would have cut a piece of it, and then saved it in my bottomless bag.

I manage to lead him towards the hay. No, I don't have cows or donkeys. And I might have lied, when I suggested that I was a farmer.

As Gaius straddles me on top of a soft pile of hay, he runs a hand down my chest, and stops it over my heart.

"Let us make a bet," stubborn little thing, isn't he?

"Fine, let us," I finally agree, knowing full well what he is going to ask of me.

"If I make you scream, if I make you chant my name, you will do something about the plague which is reaping Somer," I wonder, why is he so insistent. I grind my hips against his, as he holds my hands over my head.

"Deal."

Gaius… didn't pull any stops. For someone with just one hand, he was very creative. I, with more than a little satisfaction, did end up chanting his name. But, oh, what would have someone else done, in my shoes? For, when he took me in his mouth. Oh, I am getting hard again, just because of the memory.

"Are you full already?" I ask, sleepily. Now, the only thing I want, is to curl up with him.

"I won the bet," hun, you are killing the mood.

I huff.

"One battle mage, and one healer. I will steal their ability, and go looking for the Lich. I bet that it is in the glacier, to the North," it is not like the green beacon that rises from that direction is something anyone can miss. "But we are all going. Nico, Elisa, your Belladonna. No one gets left behind."

"You will endanger them all?" His question makes me chuckle.

"The second we leave, some rats will move in, and pollute the land," he swats me on the nose, his brows furrowed.

"They are people, Sebastian," I shrug.

"Plague carrying people. Nico would let them in, and they will shake their flea ridden…"

Gaius stands up then, and begins to collect his clothes.

"Where are you going?"

"You are a hero," he growls. Did I push too much? Well, he should have accounted for the fact, that I am a changed man, these days. Ability Steal doesn't come without a price.

"You are more of a hero than I. So, what are your plans, for getting me the healer and the battle mage?" I prop myself on my elbow, and look, as he shakes his pants clean of the hay.

His ripped chest, rising and falling with each breath. The fine hairs on it, standing on their ends. Down to the fine treasure trail, which I peppered with more than one kiss, tonight.

"You are a work of art," I can't help but let it slip. He looks at me, and then gives me a smirk.

"I will get you to become heroic again," with this, he puts on his pants, and then moves to me. "Even if you kick and scream."

"In a pleasant way, I hope?"

"We will see."

 

1