Chapter 8: The End
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8: The End

Sebastian:

It took us three weeks, to get to the glacier in the middle of the continent. I could see the dark miasma from the hills, which surrounds the chunk of ice. Seeing as the rest are not Heroes of Ultimate Fate, I asked them to stay put.

Alone, I make my way to the source of the miasma. There, in the middle of the glacier, is a coffin. Two skeletons lay inside, in an eternal embrace. I take out my packet with salt, and the lighter, and approach.

The strange thing is, there are no ghosts lingering around the bones of the Lich Lord. Could it be, that they moved on? There have been rumors coming from the Island of the Forsaken, about two men, named Joe and Marius.

Just like the Joe and Marius, whose bones I am salting right now. When the bones are nothing but dust, the miasma finally goes away. I touch the ashes, and then look into the connection they had with the spirits of the Lich Lord and the Demon Lord.

I see them, then. Two mermen, playing tag in the depths. I smile. No, I will not reveal this to anyone, or let anyone see that they are back. Their story, as far as I know it, is tragic. They deserve a lucky break.

I pour holy water on the ashes, making sure that the temporal echo is gone. Their secret is safe. Now and forever.

When I come back to the place where I left my traveling companions, Nico rushes forward, and then hugs my legs.

"The air is clear now," he says, and I smile down at him.

"That might still not be enough."

I feel an arm wrap around me, and look to see that Gaius has gotten in on the group hug.

"It won't bring back those who did die, no," the incubus says, as he nuzzles my neck. "But the rest won't get sick, at least."

"Why? Are the rats and fleas extinct now?" I ask, with mock wide eyes.

"Don't you start, Sebastian," Gaius removes his hand, to pull at my ear. "You have much healing to do. Remember, you are a hero."

I suppose he is right. I am a hero, even when I don't want to be. My eyes shift to Belladonna and Elisa, who are cuddled up together. I smile then, and pat Nico on the back.

"Let us go home," I say with a sigh, and then chuckle.

So, that was the terror from the ice? Just two skeletons, long ago gone on with their lives. Fitting, I suppose.

1